Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 Before February 2015

abrar11

Re: EE Guardian

anch159 wrote:

Lol that email was sent to Ultrabass (Toxicated Tazza)

No duhh? it was sent to Ultrabass and NVD and apparently Jesse is gonna get it but they have a less chance now a couple people emailed Brian MrShoe and MrVoid and I got a reply

Last edited by abrar11 (Jul 11 2014 2:53:56 pm)

#77 Before February 2015

Anch

Some people don't know who Toxicated Tazza is.

#78 Before February 2015

Helvi

Tako wrote:

In my opinion, the idea is good but they need to pick people who are mature. The people they've already picked are not particularly impressive in this category (or any category, for that matter).

I did not see anyone mature and able to judge and act upon accordingly...

@Doctor Downes,
I am wondering if your listed people are even interested or being up for such stuff. Taking part in some kind of volunteer program centered around EE is time consuming.

Last edited by Helvi (Jul 11 2014 3:05:02 pm)

Hi.

#79 Before February 2015

abrar11

Helvi wrote:
Tako wrote:

In my opinion, the idea is good but they need to pick people who are mature. The people they've already picked are not particularly impressive in this category (or any category, for that matter).

I did not see anyone mature and able to judge and act upon accordingly...

@Doctor Downes,
I am wondering if your listed people are even interested or being up for such stuff. Taking part in some kind of volunteer program centered around EE is time consuming.

The people Doctor Downes listed are people who usually make art or minigames I doubt they would be interested in any way Gkabyss might

#80 Before February 2015

Helvi

@arbar11,
as far as I can jugde this "guardian" thingy it involves people interested enough in the game with full dedication and the ability to judge upon them if needed. This has nothing to do with minigames or art whatsoever.
I am familar with similar programs from other games, mostly major MMOs - even the "Guardian"-Title is frequently used for this kind of volunteer duty.

Hi.

#81 Before February 2015

abrar11

Helvi wrote:

@arbar11,
as far as I can jugde this "guardian" thingy it involves people interested enough in the game with full dedication and the ability to judge upon them if needed. This has nothing to do with minigames or art whatsoever.
I am familar with similar programs from other games, mostly major MMOs - even the "Guardian"-Title is frequently used for this kind of volunteer duty.

Yeah but I think most of the volunteers would be trolls trying to go for it for the perks like coloured name special aura or edit in every world to troll

#82 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Kinda... The issue isn't that guardians are being made. Having people run the game is good. It's who they have run the game...

Discord: jawp#5123

#83 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

Perhaps a vote of some sort should be taken? Then again everyone would just vote for their friends. It'd turn into a popularity contest. Seniority rule?

#84 Before February 2015

dragonranger

What about have a system like another game I play.
One dev entrusts someone to be a "recruiter"
Players may apply to be a guardian via skyping the recruiter (or possibly another form of communication)
(maybe have a 16+ age limit to keep guardian numbers low, and maturity as high as possible, although this would definitely get backlash)
If a guardian breaks a rule/uses their powers inappropriately, the recruiter/another role like supervisor, can check reports, that players can enter complaining about a mod, and then the recruiter/supervisor can check the log e.t.c if it seems legit, and choose whether to relieve a guardian of their powers, and cancel whatever the guardian did badly, also banning them for a certain time from being a guardian
Although whoever who is a recruiter/supervisor would need to be pretty active, and would be hard to find someone to do that. And the idea has a lot of people hating the guardians for abusing their powers, especially as they make alts...

Last edited by Dragonranger (Jul 12 2014 2:16:54 am)

#85 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

What about we dis the idea all together since atilla's group has taken care of everything without it.

#86 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

JaWapa wrote:

What about we dis the idea all together since atilla's group has taken care of everything without it.

It's always good to have other helpers among worlds, but they have to be wisely chosen.

/Alex

#87 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Dragonranger:What about have a system like another game I play. One dev entrusts someone to be a "recruiter". Players may apply to be a guardian via skyping the recruiter (or possibly another form of communication) (maybe have a 16+ age limit to keep guardian numbers low, and maturity as high as possible, although this would definitely get backlash) If a guardian breaks a rule/uses their powers inappropriately, the recruiter/another role like supervisor, can check reports, that players can enter complaining about a mod, and then the recruiter/supervisor can check the log e.t.c if it seems legit, and choose whether to relieve a guardian of their powers, and cancel whatever the guardian did badly, also banning them for a certain time from being a guardian. Although whoever who is a recruiter/supervisor would need to be pretty active, and would be hard to find someone to do that. And the idea has a lot of people hating the guardians for abusing their powers, especially as they make alts...

This is the best way though, and the supervisor should be not only one, but 3 REALLY GOOD CHOSEN people. Also for banning someone there should be ALWAYS a vote under ALL guardians.

Last edited by Mylo (Jul 12 2014 3:55:43 am)

#88 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Personally, I like the idea. I don't really see too much of a problem with who is picked, if someone goes on a kicking spree, it'll be reported to the mods and they take the privileges away. Perhaps the Guardians can only report bannable accounts to the mods, so only mods can ban accounts?

:.|:;

#89 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

What really is the point of being a 'Guardian'?

The community acts like a Guardian itself, with this previously locked topic and the /report <user> <reason> command. The only thing these new 'Guardians' would do is sift through chat logs and report them to the moderators for a ban... :/

/Alex

#90 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Atilla and Meredith guards the game just fine... They aren't messing anything up... why make changes when they are not needed?

#91 Before February 2015

Koto

JaWapa wrote:

Atilla and Meredith guards the game just fine... They aren't messing anything up... why make changes when they are not needed?

but purple....

#92 Before February 2015

sthegreat

-1 for the reasons said above.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#93 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

but purple....

but immature 11 year olds who let the power go to their head and start banning the hell out of people...
And before N1KF says something about 11 year olds... Brian said immature 15 year olds. Get over it.

#94 Before February 2015

sthegreat

JaWapa wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

but purple....

but immature 11 year olds who let the power go to their head and start banning the hell out of people...
And before N1KF says something about 11 year olds... Brian said immature 15 year olds. Get over it.

I feel insulted, I am 12 and I would never start "banning the hell out of people" If they start choosing players to be a guardian, I hope that they don't base it on age because that's a terrible way to decide. I know many adults less mature then I am.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#95 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

They based on immature 15 year olds. You can be an immature 16 year old and be fine.
I think what he's getting at is he doesn't want children running the game.

#96 Before February 2015

abrar11

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

but purple....

Atilla and meredith could probably get gold name if they wanted but i think its just attention hogging I guess thats why

#97 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

No I think that is client sided

#98 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

JaWapa wrote:

They based on immature 15 year olds. You can be an immature 16 year old and be fine.

I am 15 and I feel surprised that moderators would use a derogatory and pejorative tone towards teenagers. There may be some scepticisms about the maturity of teenagers, but I know a great proportion of people with high integrity that can make justified decisions. What are the EE mods gonna do next? Segregate people because of their ethnicity? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

/Alex

#99 Before February 2015

sthegreat

JaWapa wrote:

Well I understand, but I think it's unfair to base weather or not I could be a "guardian" on my age.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#100 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

sthegreat wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Well I understand, but I think it's unfair to base weather or not I could be a "guardian" on my age.

Definitely, but if you look at half the player base, it's a bunch of immature 11 year olds. He's just generalizing. He's also getting sick of all the emails from people. There is only a hand full of people that he doesn't mind getting emails from.

abrar1114239592012231

Board footer