Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#726 Before February 2015

Zumza

Re: EE Guardian

As everyone can see in EE code Ultrabass is still a guardian. In this moment he can still ban people.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#727 Before February 2015

Helvi

I just don't want to name everyone at any occasion - having reasons for it. Lets call them "privacy" for now.
Furthermore I would discredit someone in naming him/her. No intention to do so. Period.

Failgirl, it is about the hostility toward Ultrabass. As you surely know there are a few really hating him for no apparent reason.

Hi.

#728 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

The Doctor wrote:

As everyone can see in EE code Ultrabass is still a guardian. In this moment he can still ban people.

you know something called serverside right zumza

gLjTZE1.png

#729 Before February 2015

skullz17

He will lose his powers after the update.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#730 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Helvi wrote:

I just don't want to name everyone at any occasion - having reasons for it. Lets call them "privacy" for now.
Furthermore I would discredit someone in naming him/her. No intention to do so. Period.

Failgirl, it is about the hostility toward Ultrabass. As you surely know there are a few really hating him for no apparent reason.

I haven't been very open about my strong dislike of ultrabass, but I can vouch for the existence of very good reasons why Ultrabass should not be in a position of power until he grows up.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#731 Before February 2015

Calicara

27OdXJ2.png
lvGww60.png
@Helvi: I'm aware of the hostility, but I think Ultrabass should at least be honest about his decent. Is the backlash fair? No. But the best way to solve that is to be truthful with your actions. Even if people don't think guardians are right, as long as Mr. Shoe and the guardians are being honest in what they say, the pointless hostility will have no basis, and with time the haters will come to be exposed as the disgusting beings they are.
I'm am one for truth and fairness, even if the truth hurts. Am I being apathetic? Probably, but I know what it's like to be bullied. There comes a point when you have to realize the bullies are nothing more than bullies, and their words only hurt if you let them. This is really a very simple way of putting it, especially how the modern age empowers cyber bullying through hackers and trolls. But the best we [the bullied] can do is ignore the ones who bring us down, admit our faults, and work to improve ourselves.

#732 Before February 2015

Zumza

ZeldaXD wrote:

you know something called serverside right zumza

I know only serverside left Zelda. I just tryed to end this conversation.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#733 Before February 2015

Helvi

Failgirl wrote:

as long as Mr. Shoe and the guardians are being honest in what they say, the pointless hostility will have no basis

Imagine I accept and become a guardian - I would face children with their RNG behavior 24/7. There is no basis for their hatred toward me but they will not care at all. They cannot and will not understand nor will they be able to discuss anything a way a fully grown adult would do.

It is my honest opinion that 95% on EE are not able to regret whatever they did wrong at any time. Thats what it is about: Them not being able to discuss such a matter results in hatred due to stubborn misunderstanding.
Now put a stubborn and ignorant child into the mentioned position. Would they even be able to devour critism?
I can live with critism. It helps me to reconsider my actions and reflect upon it.

Personally I do not care much about Ultrabass. He got his chance, he quit now. Done.

Hi.

#734 Before February 2015

Calicara

Helvi, I taught elementary school for two summers in a row. I know what children are like. If Julian personally has a problem with anyone user, the fault is not in the user, the fault is in the moderator. The game belongs to him, and if he should find a behavior inappropriate, then action should be taken.
My biggest criticism with the guardians is their lack of consistent moderation. There are rules set in place, but they are arbitrary, and only used once in a while. After all if they rules were followed exactly, many more would be banned (including myself), for little thing like swearing, name calling etc... But it seems unreasonable to be so dictatorial, because if you ban too many players you will lose your loyal fan-base and the stragglers who keep this dying community going.
Also, guardians were chosen for a reason. I'm not going to claim I personally approved of every single choice, but I think as a person in position of power, they should have some idea how to be able to handle it. My first time teaching I had no idea what I was doing. I easily let the kids childish demands overpower my better judgement. Over time I learned how to deal with it. The fact is children don't understand, they don't listen, and they don't care. But it is not the guardians job to feel bad. They should know not to take petty insults personally, and they should moderate based on rules, not age. Whether a person is 12 or 20 there are behaviors which are unacceptable that need to be dealt with. If a guardian gets offended by childish insults, that's their personal problem. There are surely bigger issues than petty cyber bullying, or we wouldn't need guardians at all.

Last edited by Calicara (Oct 29 2014 2:38:43 pm)

#735 Before February 2015

skullz17

I don't think Ultrabass's problem was hate, insults, flaming etc. He did say spam.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#736 Before February 2015

Noctis

As Kingoftheozone stated in the No Germans Allowed dialogue provided by Calicara, he clearly stated that Ultrabass was both disrespectful to others and he chose to end his position of Guardian manually. In my belief, it was Ultrabass's plead to end his area of Guardian work. Nowhere in text did Julian say that misbehaving Guardians are removed from the service. The only option left is for Ultrabass's personal removal from his Guardian position.

#737 Before February 2015

Helvi

"Non Germans Allowed"? Whats this?..

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Nowhere in text did Julian say that misbehaving Guardians are removed from the service.

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=32111
There are rules. However, one thing is not just for public - but not being a guardian means, their rules do not apply to me. And I can guartantee that there are rules about removal from the volunteer program based on misbehavior and similar issues.
I know this because I wrote the ruleset for Julian...

Hi.

#738 Before February 2015

Darkbowser99

Guys, did you know that somehow guardians can enter closed worlds?

I know it because two days ago I was making some rooms in my Bowser´s Castle level, then I decided to close the world because it was unfinished and if a player came, he would not finish the game. 1 minute later, I see that KingOfTheOzone joins the world. When I saw him, I said wow!, and then he left the world. (I was alone in that world, that´s why he left).

MrShoe didn´t say in any blog that guardians could join closed worlds, right?

Last edited by Darkbowser99 (Dec 21 2014 3:11:55 am)

#739 Before February 2015

Vitalijus
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

No. I think that the people MrShoe thinks is a good choice is very very bad and very stupid.
Overall this is a very immature and idiotic thing to implement in EE for so many reasons I could turn into Zoey and write a wall of text about it.

I'll let MrShoe read and respond to a few emails about this proposed system before I take a stance here.

Attila confirmed

wn7I7Oa.png

abrar1114239592012231

Board footer