Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#576 Before February 2015

Helvi

Re: EE Guardian

JaWapa wrote:

Helvi has agreed to allow us to prove ourselves.
ZeldaXD and Mylo seem to by the issue

It is not just me who would like the guardians to prove themself in a formidable way - I guess everyone is up to see it. I voiced my concerns in a few posts, maybe some were abit harsh but I can live with it now. Do not take it personally.

Unless more information about the guardians are made public the community can only speculate about them, hence the aversion for the guardian program. Still one question remains: Who watches the watcher? It looks like MrShoe introduced the program to have less work on the reports for himself, aka out-sourcing. Totally fine if you ask me, but how does one file a complaint regarding a guardian? reporting possible abuse? All this is still unknown to the community.

All "we" know is that there are four people able to issue infractions. Thats pretty much all..

Hi.

#577 Before February 2015

Koto

MrShoe is planning on another blog post to release more specific information.

#578 Before February 2015

abrar11

Helvi wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Helvi has agreed to allow us to prove ourselves.
ZeldaXD and Mylo seem to by the issue

It is not just me who would like the guardians to prove themself in a formidable way - I guess everyone is up to see it. I voiced my concerns in a few posts, maybe some were abit harsh but I can live with it now. Do not take it personally.

Unless more information about the guardians are made public the community can only speculate about them, hence the aversion for the guardian program. Still one question remains: Who watches the watcher? It looks like MrShoe introduced the program to have less work on the reports for himself, aka out-sourcing. Totally fine if you ask me, but how does one file a complaint regarding a guardian? reporting possible abuse? All this is still unknown to the community.

All "we" know is that there are four people able to issue infractions. Thats pretty much all..

tbh I doubt they read reports that's why they are gonna use 'Guardians' for that and other stuff although reports are a bit harsh because people can just fake alot :/

#579 Before February 2015

Helvi

Depends on what a report covers actually. Does it come with a screenshot of the time of the report? The last 5 minutes of the chatlog?

Hi.

#580 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Getting a whole chat log is a bit insecure. Then again they shouldn't take about private matters on eye if they are afraid we will see it.

Discord: jawp#5123

#581 Before February 2015

Zumza

I change my minde now I like everybody who is a possible guardian.
If MrShoe toke them I'm shore he did the right thing!

Last edited by The Doctor (Sep 3 2014 10:30:51 am)

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#582 Before February 2015

abrar11

Helvi wrote:

Depends on what a report covers actually. Does it come with a screenshot of the time of the report? The last 5 minutes of the chatlog?

I believe a report comes with a little chat log I'm not sure how long the chatlog is though

#583 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

As far as I know the entire chat is recorded.

Julian said at least 20 messages are recorded, but he's not sure if it is enough.

Last edited by JaWapa (Sep 3 2014 11:09:39 am)

#584 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

Hmmm. What's happening right now, a potential guardian trying to claim Guardian is useful because he's chosen?

#585 Before February 2015

Zumza

ABC Boy wrote:

Hmmm. What's happening right now, a potential guardian trying to claim Guardian is useful because he's chosen?

Like you didn't make in same way...

#586 Before February 2015

abrar11

Edit:
Guardians are unkickable

#587 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

abrar11 wrote:

Edit:
Guardians are unkickable

What!? They should become unkickable once they've proved they are good at their job.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#588 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Squad wrote:
abrar11 wrote:

Edit:
Guardians are unkickable

What!? They should become unkickable once they've proved they are good at their job.

Tried to kick a guardian:
u9d3htF.png

EndIsNear1.jpg

gLjTZE1.png

#589 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I think its a bit unfair we get blocked from everything from posting on here. We didn't do anything wrong...

#590 Before February 2015

Keztek
Formerly UltraBass

I agree jawapa

#591 Before February 2015

skullz17

It is a bit silly.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#592 Before February 2015

Helvi

The forum is run and operated by ..Atilla, Meredith etc etc. and their rules apply here. Thats it. Complains should be directed to MrShoe as Atilla asked for.
Personally I like this move of Atilla.

You should read the Top-Forum announcement properly.

Hi.

#593 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

UbvegrZ.png

signature.png
*u stinky*

#594 Before February 2015

Zumza

I want to send it too! Link?

#595 Before February 2015

abrar11

Please do

#596 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Also, I have every world on EE backed up, if any worlds are deleted, message me if you need help restoring them.

Or, you can back them up yourselves, EEWorldViewer supports this now, I don't know any other software made for it.
Though I'm sure there's alternatives.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#597 Before February 2015

Zumza

If the chosen Guardians are realy good then they should say "I don't want to be a Guardian anymore!"

#598 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

"Nice aura"
"Ty"
Muh ego
76ded2a8d7e08371fc768202c7c12766.png

gLjTZE1.png

#599 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

Hey folks. I just noticed the follwing announcement at the top of this forum:

atilla wrote:

Since Guardians are now implemented in Everybody Edits, all Guardians on the forums are refrained from posting.
I do not want your opinions.
I do not want your "moderation".

That's about it. If there's any issue with that, feel free to complain to <a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="274d524b4e464967425142555e4548435e42434e53540944484a">[email  protected]</a><script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */!function(){try{var t="currentScript"in document?document.currentScript:function(){for(var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute("cf-hash"))return t[e]}();if(t&&t.previousSibling){var e,r,n,i,c=t.previousSibling,a=c.getAttribute("data-cfemail");if(a){for(e="",r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16),n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)i=parseInt(a.substr(n,2),16)^r,e+=String.fromCharCode(i);e=document.createTextNode(e),c.parentNode.replaceChild(e,c)}}}catch(u){}}();/* ]]> */</script>
~atilla

I haven't been following the Guardians discussion.
This thread alone has over 500 replies, which is a bit too much for me to read through.
However...
...in my opinion, by rigorously blocking forum user(s) who are Guardians in-game, atilla is abusing his position as forum administrator/owner.
The ownership of something, being in power, doesn't justify all actions.
For example, during his reign, Saddam Hussein had his political rivals in Iraq either killed, tortured, or imprisoned.
In my opinion, atilla is abusing his position as forum administrator/owner because the user(s) in question - as JaWapa put it - "didn't do anything wrong".
Contrary to what Helvi and atilla wrote, complaints about the aforementioned blocking of certain users should obviously not be submitted to Julian.
By blocking certain users because of his own discontent with in-game changes, atilla is using this forum as a political tool.
This is very problematic.
From what I know, so far, atilla has always been a good forum administrator/owner, so I'm confident he'll reconsider his recent decision.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#600 Before February 2015

Helvi

...in my opinion, by rigorously blocking forum user(s) who are Guardians in-game, atilla is abusing his position as forum administrator/owner.

It is his forum. His rules apply here. Period.

The ownership of something, being in power, doesn't justify all actions.

Again, the forum is run by Atilla. His ruling reigns here. Period.

For example, during his reign, Saddam Hussein had his political rivals in Iraq either killed, tortured, or imprisoned.

Do you really compare a forum and its adminstration with Iraq and Hussein?? Seriously?

In my opinion, atilla is abusing his position as forum administrator/owner because the user(s) in question - as JaWapa put it - "didn't do anything wrong".

This fan-forum is operated ...no shoe here

Contrary to what Helvi and atilla wrote, complaints about the aforementioned blocking of certain users should obviously not be submitted to Julian.

Guardians unable to post on this forum? To solve it the guardian could quit his duty and let shoe know about his / her motivation to stop. Nothing wrong with this. Do you live in Utopia perhaps?

By blocking certain users because of his own discontent with in-game changes, atilla is using this forum as a political tool.

Political tool? We are not in the cold war anymore.
You should not take this tooo serious. There is an admin upset on certain descisions made from "the other side" and is just doing what he can do. Consider this as a form of protest against their absence for a year and the poor develeopment and state of the game.

This is very problematic.
From what I know, so far, atilla has always been a good forum administrator/owner, so I'm confident he'll reconsider his recent decision.

Of course he is a good admin and I am certain he will reconsider his decision. But won't change it.
As said before. This is a fan-forum and has nothing to do with Julian and/or his/their company at all. There is absolutly nothing between them or else it would be an official forum and shoe would be in charge here and would care for the forum, the community as well as paying for it. But this is not the case.

Hi.

abrar1114239592012231

Board footer