Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-29 15:50:57, last edited by Norwee (2022-09-15 23:04:05)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Setup information

- 13 player slots
- There will be only 2 factions, the town and the mafia
- Mafia has daytalk.
- Closed setup, meaning most of the roles possible to find in the setup is a strict secret. However this will be an balanced setup with not too many power roles! (Hint: More than 2, less than 13)
- The mafia is confirmed to have an Traitor. The traitor is an member of the mafia that knows their teammates but can not communicate with their faction through other channels. And can not perform the factional kill unless they are the sole member remaining. The other mafia is not informed of this players identity in their role.
- Multi-tasking is in effect for any roles with multiple powers.
- Sample VT role pm:

Hidden text
Game information

- 72 hour day deadline. 24 hour night. Majority vote to eliminate an player ends the day. Deadline ending without an majority vote results in no elimination made.
- To vote for an player type "!Vote Username"
Preferably with bold text. like so: !Vote Norwee
Unvoting: "!Unvote"
Additionally you may vote for no elimination by doing so: "!No Elimination" or "!No Lynch" or "!Sleep"

SURVIVOR: Minimania Mafia Goon
SURVIVOR: BuzzerBee Mafia Role Cop

ELIMINATED D1: AllenCaspe9510 Vanilla Townie
KILLED N1: Lumi Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D2: ShadowsEdge Traitor Watcher
KILLED N2: ElijahBaley Town Cop

ELIMINATED D3: Marshmallow Marshall Vanilla Townie
KILLED N3: Grilyon2 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D4: 2b55b5g Town Neighbour
KILLED N4: Big Bon Jovi/Oliwaz144 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D5: Nuclear Gandhi Vanilla Townie
ENDGAMED: Pqwerty Miller Vengeful Neighbour
ENDGAMED: Onjit/Gikkle Ascetic Fruit Vendor

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2022-08-30 21:10:18

Onjit
Website

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

(NAI = Not Alignment Indicative)

now watch me whip, now watch me NAI NAI

:.|:;

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2022-08-30 21:12:07

Onjit
Website

good morning everyone, how are we doing? like, in general

#4 2022-08-30 21:58:13

Onjit
Website

Minimania wrote:

Let's take a look at statistics, shall we?

To get the most relevant stats, I'll take a look at the last 5 games. In those games, In games 51, 50, and 48, all three games, when roles were being given out, I was given the Game Host role.

This means that I am statistically the most likely to be the Game Host in this game. I can neither confirm nor deny this, but going forward this will be automatically assumed in argument.

thats crazy statistically speaking im about 20% likely to be hosting a game on this forum

Wooted by:

#5 2022-08-30 23:25:39

Onjit
Website

Minimania wrote:
Onjit wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Let's take a look at statistics, shall we?

To get the most relevant stats, I'll take a look at the last 5 games. In those games, In games 51, 50, and 48, all three games, when roles were being given out, I was given the Game Host role.

This means that I am statistically the most likely to be the Game Host in this game. I can neither confirm nor deny this, but going forward this will be automatically assumed in argument.

thats crazy statistically speaking im about 20% likely to be hosting a game on this forum

**** man that's crazy hey snagsanga quest when

soon!

#6 2022-08-30 23:40:49

Onjit
Website

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

pee pee poo poo

Free Day1 pass to the first person who guesses that last reference correctly //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
There may be many "correct" ones but only 1 that I had in mind //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

If anyone cares, the reference was Chrissy from Little Demon //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

i thought "pee pee poo poo" was a reference to what im doing right now

#7 2022-08-31 04:07:53

Onjit
Website

ElijahBaley wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

How do you do, fellow kids?

I just wanted to notify everyone that I am an anti-town role. I am still aligned with the town, but I negatively impact it. So, if we can’t find a good mafia candidate to vote today, feel free to vote me. Addition by subtraction or whatever.

Also, I refuse to claim any further than that since I know that any further information will only help the mafia. If you want to know my role, either vote me off today or let the mafia kill me.

Oh and I only like pineapple on pizza if it has ham as well. I want the sweet and salty combo, not just the sweet.

spicy

actually i usually find pineapple to be sweet

#8 2022-08-31 05:04:09

Onjit
Website

what do you mean by flat and folded chips? like you buy a bag of chips and some of them are folded due to how they curled up in the cooking process?

#9 2022-08-31 23:30:08

Onjit
Website

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

i guess i will ask if voting on day 1 is normal or helpful?

i haven’t played mafia in probably a year or two but voting on day 1 with no information seems like you have a better chance of random lynching someone from town than actually getting the mafia. is d1 not just for introductions and getting reads?

serious question lol correct me if i’m wrong

It is my understanding that Norwee's idea for the setup of this game was to make something with relatively few power roles in order to turn this game into a social deduction game instead of mechacnical solving game. (which I understand is what this site is used to playing?)
If we believe in Norwee's capabiltiy as a setup creator, then perhaps having their intent in mind we should assume that town don't have a lot of tools available to them other than Vote and Social Deduction?

Chances are, with a limited tool kit not using the tools available makes you less likely to win if you're a member of Town.
Day 1, just like any other Day phase, is TIME. Wasting that time, not using it is intrinsically not useful.
What's more, Town's win condition can be ONLY achieved with voting.

You're asking about voting on Day1 specifically though, so I assume you thoughts process goes something like this:

Premise 1 - There are more townies than mafia at the start of the game, therefore on day 1, if we random eliminate there is a higher chance of eliminating a townie than mafia.
Premise 2 - We do not want to eliminate a townie.
Conclusion - Therefore, we should not eliminate on day 1.

or

Premise A - We do not want to risk getting a townie eliminated.
Premise B - We should wait for night 1 to past, and hope that we can gain some information from that.
Conclusion - This is the safest approach as we do not accidentally eliminate a townie, and we will gain information after night 1.

Premise 1 - Assumes all votes are random. If everyone participated in the social deduction side of the game, then it wouldn't be random anymore. As I understand, that was Norwee's intention with this game.
Premise 2 - True. But in most setups - skipping a day by Voting for No Elimination means town can afford 1 less miss-elimination in the long run, so over the course of the game they end up having to be more precise with their only win condition which is their vote. So somehow funnily this premise gravitates towards the opposite conclusion.
Premise A - And yet the risk is a necassity. If Norwee created this setup in accordance to their originally claimed intent in mind, then this game is all about landing on the correct votes through social deduction.
Premise B - That's hoping the host failed to design this game as they wanted. Which is not a realistic hope given that all they needed to do was to add very few power roles to the game. I'd argue we'd get much more information out of people's voting patterns, you know, the social deduction part of the game.

Day one is one of the most important days in a mafia game. Main goal of town players during d1 is to scumhunt, and more importantly get discussions going. You can't decide if someone's actions are protown if aren't making any actions so you should try get everyone involved in both discussions and votings.

tl;dr
It's silly to play/hope for mechanical solving as the main strategy when the host claimed the intention to host a setup which requires social deduction to win. Not voting Day1 means you must vote more accurately in the game overall while also having less information to work with due to no voting patterns to analyze.

actually i think this set up is super unbalanced because my role card straight up has a list of all the players roles and also i am night kill prood and also i have q gun with infinite bullets and also i am now kill proof IN REAL LIF and also i

#10 2022-09-01 14:58:48

Onjit
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Pretty much yeah

in that case i would have to agree with you

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer