Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-29 15:50:57, last edited by Norwee (2022-09-15 23:04:05)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Setup information

- 13 player slots
- There will be only 2 factions, the town and the mafia
- Mafia has daytalk.
- Closed setup, meaning most of the roles possible to find in the setup is a strict secret. However this will be an balanced setup with not too many power roles! (Hint: More than 2, less than 13)
- The mafia is confirmed to have an Traitor. The traitor is an member of the mafia that knows their teammates but can not communicate with their faction through other channels. And can not perform the factional kill unless they are the sole member remaining. The other mafia is not informed of this players identity in their role.
- Multi-tasking is in effect for any roles with multiple powers.
- Sample VT role pm:

Hidden text
Game information

- 72 hour day deadline. 24 hour night. Majority vote to eliminate an player ends the day. Deadline ending without an majority vote results in no elimination made.
- To vote for an player type "!Vote Username"
Preferably with bold text. like so: !Vote Norwee
Unvoting: "!Unvote"
Additionally you may vote for no elimination by doing so: "!No Elimination" or "!No Lynch" or "!Sleep"

SURVIVOR: Minimania Mafia Goon
SURVIVOR: BuzzerBee Mafia Role Cop

ELIMINATED D1: AllenCaspe9510 Vanilla Townie
KILLED N1: Lumi Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D2: ShadowsEdge Traitor Watcher
KILLED N2: ElijahBaley Town Cop

ELIMINATED D3: Marshmallow Marshall Vanilla Townie
KILLED N3: Grilyon2 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D4: 2b55b5g Town Neighbour
KILLED N4: Big Bon Jovi/Oliwaz144 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D5: Nuclear Gandhi Vanilla Townie
ENDGAMED: Pqwerty Miller Vengeful Neighbour
ENDGAMED: Onjit/Gikkle Ascetic Fruit Vendor

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2022-08-30 15:48:03

ElijahBaley

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

HELLLLLLLLLLO I AM LINDSAY LOHAN

#3 2022-08-30 15:57:28

ElijahBaley

!Vote Marshmallow Marshall

Confirmed gangster right here

#4 2022-08-30 16:15:28

ElijahBaley

BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

i don’t know a lot of you and a lot of you don’t know me so here’s a quick and potentially controversial icebreaker question

pineapple on pizza ?

bacon and blue cheese

#5 2022-08-30 16:24:19

ElijahBaley

BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

i don’t know a lot of you and a lot of you don’t know me so here’s a quick and potentially controversial icebreaker question

pineapple on pizza ?

though - noted that you are avoiding interaction with in-game stuff, which can come from Mafia.

!Vote BuzzerBee

#6 2022-08-30 16:50:05

ElijahBaley

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

HELLLLLLLLLLO I AM LINDSAY LOHAN

For the record, there's a popular actress who loves to play Mafia, Jodie Foster. Though it's just video mafia, but she plays in character so that's cool.

“I have an Italian guy [that I do] who is really resentful of the fact that everybody thinks he’s Mafia and he thinks it’s profiling. It’s a good acting game. Actors are good liars, aren’t they?”

D
Does she play with Anthony Hopkins?

#7 2022-08-30 22:08:57

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:

Let's take a look at statistics, shall we?

To get the most relevant stats, I'll take a look at the last 5 games. In those games, In games 51, 50, and 48, all three games, when roles were being given out, I was given the Game Host role.

This means that I am statistically the most likely to be the Game Host in this game. I can neither confirm nor deny this, but going forward this will be automatically assumed in argument.

No, it doesn't, it just means that if you look at those last 5 games and you don't know what your role is, you are 60% likely to be correct if you randomly guess that your role was Game Host, whatever randomly guessing means.

It has absolutely no bearing on your role in future games.

#8 2022-08-30 22:14:33

ElijahBaley

2b55b5g wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

pineapple on pizza ?

though - noted that you are avoiding interaction with in-game stuff, which can come from Mafia.

!Vote BuzzerBee

i honestly can’t tell if this is a joke post or not

I guess you'll find out in that case //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Btw could any admin remove my spammer role or whatever? I'm post limited, need to wait for 300 seconds between posts...

#9 2022-08-31 00:14:35

ElijahBaley

ElijahBaley wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Let's take a look at statistics, shall we?

To get the most relevant stats, I'll take a look at the last 5 games. In those games, In games 51, 50, and 48, all three games, when roles were being given out, I was given the Game Host role.

This means that I am statistically the most likely to be the Game Host in this game. I can neither confirm nor deny this, but going forward this will be automatically assumed in argument.

No, it doesn't, it just means that if you look at those last 5 games and you don't know what your role is, you are 60% likely to be correct if you randomly guess that your role was Game Host, whatever randomly guessing means.

It has absolutely no bearing on your role in future games.

The real story is actually even more complicated, because the probability you calculate is non-unique as it depends on the assumptions you make (probability is subjective). If you make the assumption that you are always right, for example (an absurd example, of course), then the probability is 100%.

#10 2022-08-31 00:15:51

ElijahBaley

Sorry, I always nerd out when it comes to probability //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#11 2022-08-31 03:40:40

ElijahBaley

Pqwerty wrote:

How do you do, fellow kids?

I just wanted to notify everyone that I am an anti-town role. I am still aligned with the town, but I negatively impact it. So, if we can’t find a good mafia candidate to vote today, feel free to vote me. Addition by subtraction or whatever.

Also, I refuse to claim any further than that since I know that any further information will only help the mafia. If you want to know my role, either vote me off today or let the mafia kill me.

Oh and I only like pineapple on pizza if it has ham as well. I want the sweet and salty combo, not just the sweet.

spicy

#12 2022-08-31 12:18:03

ElijahBaley

Pqwerty wrote:

How do you do, fellow kids?

I just wanted to notify everyone that I am an anti-town role. I am still aligned with the town, but I negatively impact it. So, if we can’t find a good mafia candidate to vote today, feel free to vote me. Addition by subtraction or whatever.

Also, I refuse to claim any further than that since I know that any further information will only help the mafia. If you want to know my role, either vote me off today or let the mafia kill me.

Oh and I only like pineapple on pizza if it has ham as well. I want the sweet and salty combo, not just the sweet.

Nah, I don't think we should vote you just for being an anti-town role.  My objective is to lynch scum, not town.

#13 2022-08-31 12:19:23

ElijahBaley

2b55b5g wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

!vote 2b55b5g
Because

Hidden text

has a little shade of coasting in it: she approved the idea but, presumably, didn't vote before someone else votes there first.

thats fair enough, i initially didnt vote despite agreeing because i wanted to wait for an explanation from elijah
later you said that they knew each other for a very long time, so i didnt read much into it, hence not voting
in hindsight i should've voted and explain my thoughts more clearly

That is my explanation: I was trolling

Wooted by:

#14 2022-08-31 12:24:44

ElijahBaley

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

pineapple on pizza ?

!Vote BuzzerBee

While I voted him as well for his heathenry, I stand in disbelief when I see your post. This is page 1 of a game where pretty much everyone has many people they do not know around. NOBODY has said anything remotely related to the game lol, and that is perfectly normal. I can appreciate the attempt to create an event, but it's weak to the point of being nothing. Also, here you go, I have created an event by replying to you seriously //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Townie post but that doesn't really mean anything IMO. Easy to make townie posts, especially early game. Will be you waiting for hear more from you.

#15 2022-08-31 12:27:44

ElijahBaley

What is there to be paranoid over in the Traitor role? It's just a scum like any other

#16 2022-08-31 12:30:49

ElijahBaley

I'm also not convinced the Traitor would try to hint to his mafia buddies. I just tried to picture myself name-dropping all my mafia buddies in some post to hint that I'm the traitor, and I'm like, dude what if I get lynched, or what if people notice that and go - this dude is probably traitor and told us who the Mafia were? It's not worth it.

#17 2022-08-31 12:51:27

ElijahBaley

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

I'm also not convinced the Traitor would try to hint to his mafia buddies. I just tried to picture myself name-dropping all my mafia buddies in some post to hint that I'm the traitor, and I'm like, dude what if I get lynched, or what if people notice that and go - this dude is probably traitor and told us who the Mafia were? It's not worth it.

I'm a little surprised hearing this self proclamation of being a responsible player to be honest.
You're someone who constantly fake claimed when we played in the past because it's funny. Well, maybe you didn't do it because it's funny, idk, but I'd hope we're at least a little similar in that sense - I can't imagine myself letting the chance to do something so funny pass me if I had it https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

I just don't see the benefit. You avoid some night kill that doesn't actually matter (Traitor wins with Mafia even if dead), but you risk the even worse thing wherein if you die, the entire Mafia dies.

#18 2022-08-31 13:03:43

ElijahBaley

Actually - more pressingly, it's not really about the risk - if I do some dumb gambit as Town and get lynched, I just blame the other people in Town. They could've read me correctly, but didn't. Their fault.
If I'm Mafia and literally call out my teammates in chat, I cannot blame anyone but myself.

#19 2022-08-31 13:11:13

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

Their fault.
If I'm Mafia and literally call out my teammates in chat, I cannot blame anyone but myself.

Fair, but who are your teammates?

I don't have any teammates, except for Town teammates, and these I do not know who they are

#20 2022-08-31 13:33:34

ElijahBaley

2b55b5g wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

pineapple on pizza ?

!Vote BuzzerBee

While I voted him as well for his heathenry, I stand in disbelief when I see your post. This is page 1 of a game where pretty much everyone has many people they do not know around. NOBODY has said anything remotely related to the game lol, and that is perfectly normal. I can appreciate the attempt to create an event, but it's weak to the point of being nothing. Also, here you go, I have created an event by replying to you seriously //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Townie post but that doesn't really mean anything IMO. Easy to make townie posts, especially early game. Will be you waiting for hear more from you.

i assume your vote wasnt a joke so, is there a reason for not unvoting even after marshmallow's post

It was a joke just haven't gotten around to voting someone else yet

#21 2022-09-01 15:18:45

ElijahBaley

1) I thought my vote was still on MM when you asked
2) The vote on MM was the joke not buzzerbee

#22 2022-09-01 23:23:40

ElijahBaley

yes and not actively scum hunting it as you put it definitely makes one scum //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#23 2022-09-01 23:25:40

ElijahBaley

also, it isn't true that I wasn't scum hunting, I was. you can look at the posts I made regarding MM and see I had the intent to scum hunt.

by the way, this could be wrong or whatever but AllenCaspe's read list triggers my inner gut read

!vote AllenCaspe9510

#24 2022-09-01 23:29:30

ElijahBaley

Grilyon2 wrote:

Ok I'm gonna explain myself

Firstly, it's my first time playing and never really saw anything related to past games, so I don't understand at all the slang, roles and so on. So, probably my assumptions will end up being poorly

That being said, what's the matter with unvoting and 'wait till night'?: I didn't want to vote because these two reasons: Trying to prevent my role being mistaken, and avoid a contraproductive vote. However, it's true that Gandhi wrote a well explained post about voting is beneficial in day 1, and now I understand even a new player should apply that. Now that I see it again, I think I should vote.

My vote and pqwerty woots: I believe in pqwerty anti-town role but not about him being aligned with town. I believe he tried to paint MM as a contradictory to feed its supposed role, because really (I) don't see how you can misunderstand that, then tried to rectify because it did not work as intended? That's why i wooted.
My second guess is Eliah since he has been voting with little info and said not voting pqwerty just because is not scum which I think is not true

Soo !Vote Pqwerty

Another thing, I don't know how does roles are distributed by the host, guessing that is randomized? However, wouldn't it be weird to give a newbie a mafia role, it could screw up easy https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

we can assume they're randomly distributed, it's better that way, IMO.
whilst what you say CAN be true (I've hosted before and I generally try to avoid putting newbies in unpleasant situations), it kind of detracts from the game if we read into that kinda stuff

#25 2022-09-01 23:37:07

ElijahBaley

Grilyon also pings my scumdar for calling me out for 'voting with little info'

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer