Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2022-07-14 01:31:19

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

N1KF wrote:

oh whoops, I forgot.

Also, if we vote to sleep does the Gladiator die? Because that's how it seems to be.

Maybe, but then it wouldn't make sense to have a sleep option, because sleep and voting Norwee would do the same thing. I think its only in the case of a lack of majority, so if a majority voted for sleep Norwee wouldn't die.

Vigilante shooting Althea could be a good idea, as mentioned before shooting one of the sentinels would be a good way to confirm if the flagbearer is real, although the Vigi could cut out the middleman and just shoot Mutant if they want too (since Vigi has powerful attack), although, if Mutant is telling the truth then vigi would be shooting a coroner, so it's a bit better of an idea to shoot Althea if vigi wants to shoot from that pair.

It might also help if we got claims from Althea and Onjit, since both of them are just claiming sentinel without much weight to back it.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#27 2022-07-14 02:33:36

ShadowsEdge

ZeldaXD wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Whoops, I forgot the Flagbearer lose condition only applies to lynching. Liberating a claimed Coroner would still be something to watch out for though, just not as huge of a risk as lynching a claimed Flagbearer.

Wait, if it applies only to lynching, what's the risk of Onjit saying who the real flagbearer is and having them confirm it?

There's not that much of a risk if town know who they are, but given that there's an Oppressor, the oppressor could put the flagbearer in the candidates along with other important town. It would force the town to make a hard decision, because they wouldn't be able to lynch the flagbearer, but the other town might be needed for winning later on.

Thing like a scenario where Oppressor puts a Flagbearer, Nurse, and Mayor as their targets. The obvious choice of those 3 I think would be the Nurse, but it would also mean that evils could get more consistent kills. That's really the main threat that it proposes.

this example is not at all from experience

Though in late game, evils could also band together to lynch the flagbearer, so there's that.

~BeepnBoop

#28 2022-07-15 01:56:09

ShadowsEdge

!votelist

Something tells me neither Onjit nor Althea want to claim their roles.

In my opinion, Althea is the one who should be shot. Onjit could just be jester, so shooting him doesn't actually prove if Mutant is actually Flagbearer, Era is the only investigative claim right now, and shooting them means we lose possibly our only means of night investigation. Sure we can scumread, but having a possible sleuth alive is still good. Shooting Althea confirms if Mutant is Flagbearer, and if Era is telling the truth. Though, this all assumes that we even have a Vigilante to begin with.

I do strongly believe that Mutant is lying about the flagbearer claim though. The possibility of Era and Onjit being mafia is a possibility, but unlikely unless Mutant wants to make the assumption that they started gunning for him because he's a strong player. But even then, there would be better targets for that, such as Norwee who was much more active in Day 1. Both Era and Onjit both being Neutral is the only maybe likely option, and I'm hesitant to even believe that.

~BeepnBoop

#29 2022-07-15 01:57:54

ShadowsEdge

Wait I meant Coroner claim*

Im not actually sure if he's lying about flagbearer.

~BeepnBoop

#30 2022-07-15 02:07:54

ShadowsEdge

Chances are tonight ends in a sleep. (Pretty sure Mutant's vote on himself is meant to be Norwee but Norwee's doesnt count cuz hammerer)

~BeepnBoop

#31 2022-07-15 02:08:37

ShadowsEdge

Actually, has Marten even said anything today?

~BeepnBoop

#32 2022-07-15 02:10:30

ShadowsEdge

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Actually, has Marten even said anything today?

I just checked, they haven't. Do you have anything you want to add to the conversation (Whether about Mutant/Althea/Onjit/Era or otherwise) @Marten.

~BeepnBoop

#33 2022-07-15 05:18:28

ShadowsEdge

I'm pretty sure Majority is used the same in both senses. I assume these are the sentences you're talking about:

Minimania wrote:

- A lynch will not occur when a majority has been reached. A lynch can only occur when the day ends. When a day ends, all lynch votes will be counted, and whichever player was voted for the most will be executed after factoring in role modifiers and abilities. If you do not vote, your vote will be counted as !sleep. Players can vote to not lynch anyone during the day by using the !sleep command.

Minimania wrote:

Gladiator - Once per game, during the Day, you can Declare one other player; the game host will confirm that you are the Gladiator, and for the rest of the Day Phase, all other players now must vote amongst you and your target. A majority must be reached for either you or your target to be Lynched. If no Majority is reached, you die. You are neutrally aligned with yourself. You win if and only if a majority vote is reached against your Declared target.

If these two are the lines you're referencing, the two majorities mean the same thing, all its saying is that instead of ending the day when a lynch occurs (like some forum games do), the game will always end at the stated time.

And if you're arguing about the plurality thing, it clearly stated it in the rules before by saying "Whichever player was voted for the most will be executed," which is stating the plurality effect not by name (which is better since just saying 'plurality rule is in effect' might make people question what it means but here it actually explains it. Gladiator's role explicitly states that it needs a majority, rather than the most voted player. These rules have always been in effect and arguing against them doesn't do anything. The one thing I can understand is the fact that your vote got retracted because of gladiator, but is it really that big of a deal to just, vote again? Like in a theoretical situation sure it could stop votes, but it didn't.

This is kinda a throwaway post, but i think era bashing on mini is just dumb.

In any regard, i dont think a lynch is gonna happen, there's like 3 hours left.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#34 2022-07-15 07:57:23

ShadowsEdge

Hey norwee, you should revote in like 1 minute

~BeepnBoop

#35 2022-07-15 07:58:47

ShadowsEdge

i didnt realize it was here

!reveal

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#36 2022-07-15 07:59:19

ShadowsEdge

norwee pls vote again

~BeepnBoop

#37 2022-07-16 08:14:14

ShadowsEdge

Also according to my information (source: me), Irrelevant or Allen is the other maf. I'm suspecting that there's 3 maf, more of a hunch than anything, the only real evidence I have to why there's only 3 maf is that Mutant started trying to solve for who the third mafia was after concluding that Onjit and Era were mafia.

Whichever isn't maf, I assume the other is a neutral, whether thats neutral or neutral evil is tbd.

Marten and Fabien need to be more active, as I literally cannot read them if they don't talk, and just for the record, what did you investigate N1KF as era?

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#38 2022-07-16 08:21:15

ShadowsEdge

Onjit wrote:

also i would like to announce that i shot althea, and that shadowsedge is the town flagbearer

(norbius is lucky that my other modifier was novice, otherwise i would have shot him N1 as a joke)

Oh yeah, since Onjit already outted it, I am flagbearer, that's why I was pretty passive towards Onjit after he claimed sentinel, though, that wasn't fully why I revealed to lynch Mutant, it was more the way he acted that caused that.

~BeepnBoop

#39 2022-07-16 08:27:11

ShadowsEdge

Onjit wrote:
Abiqi wrote:

Why the n1kf lynch?

pretty sure it's just a **** (at least that's why my vote is on them, i'll remove it later if i feel like it)

Oh i thought Era investigated N1FK, considering Era did somewhat of a joke to out Mutant yesterday.

~BeepnBoop

#40 2022-07-16 08:29:46

ShadowsEdge

Era wrote:
Abiqi wrote:

Why the n1kf lynch?

He killed ZeldaXD

she/her

But still, the role she appeared as would be valuable to know.

~BeepnBoop

#41 2022-07-16 08:33:02

ShadowsEdge

N1KF wrote:

mutantdevle, is there anybody you're suspicious of? You've written a lot but haven't posted any sus readings yet.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

him

(not trying to make this awkward here but my pronouns are she/her now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

same here lol

Just as a notice, since you might have skipped over it. But i was asking about her role, if that's what you meant.

~BeepnBoop

#42 2022-07-16 08:39:07

ShadowsEdge

I don't really want to get in an argument over this on a forums game, I was just letting you know because N1FK uses different pronouns.

~BeepnBoop

#43 2022-07-16 08:41:28

ShadowsEdge

@Fabien, do you have any information?

~BeepnBoop

#44 2022-07-16 08:46:06

ShadowsEdge

Era wrote:

Anyway, the role is serial killer. There was no kill day1 because N1KF was jailed and there is no goon.

Can't other mafia members attack, because if only a goon can kill it becomes pretty scuffed for mafia. I'm pretty sure Mafia just hit immune twice.

~BeepnBoop

#45 2022-07-16 08:47:13

ShadowsEdge

Actually to my last post I meant more in the sense that they can only kill with a goon and there is no goon. I do think there's a 3rd mafia, which is pretty much what i was saying.

~BeepnBoop

#46 2022-07-16 08:53:55

ShadowsEdge

Era wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Actually to my last post I meant more in the sense that they can only kill with a goon and there is no goon. I do think there's a 3rd mafia, which is pretty much what i was saying.

Yes thats possible, but threat assesment sais we should leave the mafia alone and focus on the plaquebearer.
After executing N1KF for killing the jailer.

Fair, I just think assuming that mafia had no kill power could be a dangerous road later, since the remaining mafia might side against town.

~BeepnBoop

#47 2022-07-16 08:54:27

ShadowsEdge

!vote N1KF

Forgot to do this, pretty sure day shouldn't end now, so we have time to discuss.

~BeepnBoop

#48 2022-07-16 23:28:11

ShadowsEdge

Norwee wrote:

By the way Shadow, why did you confirm so late? You could have claimed at least 12 hours before day end instead of like 5 minutes… Mutant literally almost got away with it.

For the actual reason why, it's because before the 3 hour mark, iirc, we were at like 5 votes total, so revealing would have only brought it up to 7. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to reveal to get mutant lynched, because I assumed if I had revealed yesterday, I would be killed last night. Then by 3 hours there were 6 votes (or somewhere around there) but you were offline, and so revealing still wouldn't have lynched Mutant because your vote wouldn't have counted because hammerer. I was waiting to confirm that you were getting on to reveal so that I knew that I could reveal to lynch mutant.

Tbf tho, part of the reason why I said my read on mutant was more of a scumread thing was because Mini did verify to me that multiple flagbearers could exist in a faction, I just didn't trust mutant's claim enough to believe he was actually flagbearer.

Also, the Gambler claim seems weird, considering we know there's another Gambler/Forecaster who has reporting (because public announcements), and isn't a Novice (because of the guess N1).

~BeepnBoop

#49 2022-07-16 23:30:24

ShadowsEdge

ShadowsEdge wrote:

For the actual reason why, it's because before the 3 hour mark, iirc, we were at like 5 votes total, so revealing would have only brought it up to 7. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to reveal to get mutant lynched, because I assumed if I had revealed yesterday, I would be killed last night. Then by 3 hours there were 6 votes (or somewhere around there) but you were offline, and so revealing still wouldn't have lynched Mutant because your vote wouldn't have counted because hammerer. I was waiting to confirm that you were getting on to reveal so that I knew that I could reveal to lynch mutant.

edit: I didn't want to reveal unless I knew it could lynch mutant, because then I would just be attacked or trialed. I probably should have revealed earlier, but I just wanted to make sure that me revealing actually did something.

~BeepnBoop

#50 2022-07-16 23:46:55

ShadowsEdge

N1KF wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Also, the Gambler claim seems weird, considering we know there's another Gambler/Forecaster who has reporting (because public announcements), and isn't a Novice (because of the guess N1).

Doesn't seem that weird to me. Both Town and Mafia probably have their own guessers, like they both have Sentinels and Flagbearers.

Fair, but it seems unlikely that there's a Forecaster unless either: Mafia has no Goon, or there are 4 mafia. Which means that the public one is most likely a Gambler, and since their modifiers are different to yours, you would be claiming another Gambler.

~BeepnBoop

Marshmallow Marshall1658506235795175

Board footer