Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-06-06 23:45:41

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 48 - Birthday Party Game Thread [MAFIA VICTORY]

It depends on who the Mafia is. Technically they don't have to counterclaim me. They could just end up getting rid of both of us tonight.

I don't particularly think any of the Mafia will be dumb enough to counterclaim me. But personally, I'm hoping one does, since it would give me a big hint on who I would shoot tonight.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#27 2020-06-07 22:24:42

ShadowsEdge

Im still online, Im just writing the reads list that you asked for.

~BeepnBoop

#28 2020-06-07 22:25:55

ShadowsEdge

Oh also before I post it I guess I should say why I went inactive. I didn't give up, I spent 3 hours this morning and roughly 5-6 hours last night working on setting up for a game. I was supposed to do it a long time ago, but never got around to it until now. And so I was mostly focusing on that. So sorry if I went inactive because of it.

~BeepnBoop

#29 2020-06-07 22:28:52

ShadowsEdge

I was going to address that in the reads list. But yes. He is scum.

Believe me or don't but Task is counterclaiming my slot.

~BeepnBoop

#30 2020-06-07 23:33:23

ShadowsEdge

Jawapa - Obvious townread. No counterclaim to Cop, and knew I was considered Dangerous. 10/10 my guy.

Luka - As I mentioned before, they were mostly suspected in regards to their reaction with the cop strategy. But I feel like they were being tunneled too much which inevitably made them look suspicious because of it, this sort of resembles what happened with me in Universe Mafia, where I was being tunneled by Norwegian which only ended up making me look more suspicious, despite being Town. Looking at their iso as a whole, I think that #121, #127, and especially #128 seem like genuine input, and trying to help the game progress. Their reaction to being killed off also seems like a more towny reaction than a mafia reaction. Evils tend to be pro-life and will tend to make reasons to push for themself to live, while most Townie's will be pro-Town and give reads and information to the town despite being a major target.
Pqwerty - Though I disagree with the cop strategy, it still feels like he had the intention of helping town with it. Similar to a reason that Luka stated before, it seems like he's putting more effort than is needed for it to be a mafia strategy. #158 and #343 are also posts that I like, which seem like genuine reads to keep the game afloat.
Norwegian - I believe I mentioned this before, but #74 is a post that I really like. I don't believe it needs explaining, but it was something that gave a nice townread for Norwegian. Norwegian also just seems genuinely concerned with the way the game goes, like their criticisms in #62 and #65. In general, I feel like they've been trying to keep the town active and try to keep the game afloat, rather than hide behind the madness, which is why I think they're town.
Onjit - Slight Townread. The only post which I see that can actually give off any valuable information into his role is really only #102. Even though it's small, it still felt genuine, and made sense with their previous actions. The only other somewhat significant post is #117, but that could theoretically go any way.

Gabriellfs - Putting this as Null, mostly because their approach to Day 1 left a really bad taste my mouth. Their most recent post, somewhat makes them look more towny, but most of what they said seems to be filler text, repeating things that have already been stated before.

Allencaspe - Pushed pretty heavily for a no lynch on Day 1, although this could just be considered a "nooby" thing to do. They were also pretty weird about the Andy lynch, I don't exactly know the correct term for this, but it's what I did in TFR, when I was pushing for Norwegian as Town, and when Norwegian inevitably flipped town, I was downplaying the wagon, and referenced me calling them out as Town. Allen did somthing similar in #292 where they say " I would be so surprised if he flipped town." (Which they later corrected to say that they meant they would be surprised if they flipped scum, somewhat proving the point I'm trying to make here)
Buzzerbee - Only has 4 posts, the first (aside from the confirming post) is just a filler message, and the other two are just pushing on Pqwerty for pushing for reads. Generally just seems like scumcoasting.
Taskmanager - Counterclaiming my slot. Assuming they're the Mafia Goon, assuming the Milk Man wouldn't out themselves like this, nor would an SK want to. Nothing more to that.

!vote Taskmanager
mrjawapa wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Jawapa, let’s say Shadow was magically confirmed town. (Theoretically.) who would you lynch then?

Buzzerbee

If I was magically confirmed town why would you not go for the fake Vigi claim?

I fully expect I'll be lynched today, but once I'm confirmed, please go for Taskmanager.

~BeepnBoop

#31 2020-06-07 23:34:10

ShadowsEdge

Oh by the way, I have to go to the store, minor inconvenience but I'll be offline for like half an hour, thanks

~BeepnBoop

#32 2020-06-08 00:06:46

ShadowsEdge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Nothing more to that.

Actually i was hoping you’d go into a bit more detail about what you believe was the motivation for mafia goon!Task to counterclaim you here. Since you pretty much have to convince us he isn’t town or we lynch you.

Technically, the Mafia Goon is expendable. Most likely explanation I can muster is that the Mafia is willing to give away their mafia goon to get a mislynch on the Vigi, while still being able to get a kill tonight, and being able to convert another player, thus replacing the pretty much damned Goon.

mrjawapa wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

If I was magically confirmed town why would you not go for the fake Vigi claim?

I answered the question with little thought or explanation, I guess.

I took it more as if not shadow, then who?

You flipping town debunks some of the reasons I find luka suspicious. So even though I think he's one of the mafia, its mostly based on you being mafia.

Lynching task is a must if you flip vig. I'm not willing to lynch task until then.

The only other person I find really suspicious is Buzzerbee.

Lynching you gives us more info to task and luka, since their roles are dependent on your role (for the most part).

Makes sense I suppose.

~BeepnBoop

#33 2020-06-08 21:14:55

ShadowsEdge

Late response to Norwegian's question, but,

Assuming Luka is Town (Which I still believe because of their reaction to, basically everything)

I believe that Taskmanager is likely Mafia goon (Since it would be dumb for SK or Milk man counterclaim the vigi), and I believe that Buzzerbee is likely his compatriot. It seems somewhat odd, but Buzzerbee has just been inactive as heck, and most people have stated some opinion over the matter, while Taskmanager just brushed over it. If by some chance I'm wrong about Buzzerbee, then I think the only other optimal candidate would be Allen.

But personally I believe Allen is more likely SK, they've been acting relatively scummy, and just hiding behind the scenes guising as a sort of nooby player. No one has particularly come up to defend them, which makes me think they're alone in their team, and the way they're playing just makes me think they could be SK.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#34 2020-06-09 22:30:52

ShadowsEdge

I stan for drunk taskmanager

~BeepnBoop

#35 2020-06-17 01:16:02

ShadowsEdge

Gg, although I'm glad Mafia won, town should have been more active.

~BeepnBoop

#36 2020-06-17 04:08:10

ShadowsEdge

This was probably one of the more thought out games I've played. I thought the rolecards was a neat addition and added a bit of vanity to it which was nice. Hosting was great, just sucks that almost a quarter of the people this game were too inactive to participate.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by: (3)

#37 2020-06-17 18:49:12

ShadowsEdge

Funny note, me and Pqwerty were deciding on killing between Peace and Jawapa N1. I was the one who said "It'll be better to kill Peace."

So anyway, if I wasn't dumb I wouldn't have died.

~BeepnBoop

#38 2020-06-18 21:04:10

ShadowsEdge

2B died N1 in every game for a month leading up to this game.

~BeepnBoop

peace1594715618783363

Board footer