Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2020-04-21 22:30:04

Cyral

Re: I'm just not enjoying this anymore

I've read the OP and Xeno's response, nothing else however because this thread is massive.

> If you're interested, please do message me on Discord so we can discuss it.

Hopefully its clear to everyone who is considering this that it will be an absolute waste of time to work on this game.
I think Luke quitting will be what finally kills this game. Josh is a great dev but he won't be able to continue to support all the technical aspects by himself, and nobody will (or should) work for basically free, especially in this work environment.
There has been so much drama in this game and it seems like nobody ever learns any lessons from it.
I'll wait and see what happens though, because if anything stays the same, it will be the fact the game isn't going to be finished, and that all the drama will be aired for everyone to read on the forums since the management has never heard of PR.

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#102 2020-04-22 07:29:46

peace

Cyral wrote:

and nobody will (or should) work for basically free, especially in this work environment.

they wont they will get a small loan later on that is what xeno said way back cant remeebr in which thread tho

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#103 2020-04-22 14:05:59

Yoshi2018

peace wrote:
Cyral wrote:

and nobody will (or should) work for basically free, especially in this work environment.

they wont they will get a small loan later on that is what xeno said way back cant remeebr in which thread tho

If it was way back you can't really trust it.

My main thing though is that I don't think they can afford a small loan as unspecific as that is.

tenor.gif?itemid=12450202
downwoot for forums 2020

#104 2020-04-22 15:13:53

peace

but xeno still ha spatreon

peace.png

#105 2020-04-22 16:49:22

Yoshi2018

peace wrote:

Yes 210 - web hosting and some other expense I am probably forgetting dollars a month.

Passion and morale are the only real motivators, and Everybody Edits is struggling with that. I don't think Xeno wants to cause problems and I think he legitimately wants to progress Everybody Edits. I can tell because otherwise Everybody Edits would have been moved to another owner or even cancelled.

I don't think Xeno understands how to solve issues in staff however. He needs to understand communication should be done first. He should have talked to Luka about issues and never should have withheld information. I get that this might have happened, but their message shows that their thinking is flawed. You never withhold information your workers need. If this has been going on for as long as it seems, its amazing Luka was this patient.

tenor.gif?itemid=12450202
downwoot for forums 2020

#106 2020-04-22 16:59:58, last edited by Meep805 (2020-04-22 17:30:45)

Meep805

peace wrote:
Cyral wrote:

peace wrote:

unless they quit or get fired, of course; then they get nothing for their services. but ok, Pcaece, let's look at the numbers.

Xeno makes $210 a month from Patreon. According to his pie chart, staff/equipment expenses make up roughly 45% of all total outgoings. Assuming that entire 45% goes to staff, and none of it goes to 'equipment'

Pie Chart
So: 210 x 0.45 = $94.50 

I'm not sure exactly how the staff would get payed (I assume that moderation and campaign teams are volunteer work), so, counting only those on the development and design teams, there are 6* (not including Luke, obviously) staff members, assuming that Xeno doesn't pay himself (but he probably does).
*It was difficult to find an up-to-date list of current staff members, so I'm using the forum's user-list, sorted by the 'EE Staff' group as basis for this number, if it's incorrect, please correct me.

So: $94.50 / 6 = $15.75

per month, per staff member. In the USA, the minimum wage is $7.25/h, so 3 hours of minimum wage work would earn you $6 more than working a month on EE. Not sure about you, but I would regard that as...

Cyral wrote:

working for basically free, especially in this work environment.

But I'm not going to pretend to know how the Patreon money is spent, I'm just speculating based on the information we have available (which isn't a lot).
Either way, as I recall it, staff are not paid monthly, and having their earnings being given to them """"later""""", unless they quit (I'm 99% certain Xeno isn't paying staff their fair share upon retiring, but if someone wants to correct me on that, they can), means that, yes, the staff ARE basically working for free.

_____
| Hi. |
  V
__________                    _____
| Help me! |                    | No. |
  V                                        V
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad                                         //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#107 2020-04-22 18:10:04

peace

its ext freetime form staff its thier hobby to do this they wre part of the comunity one time it s not a job its somethign they do in their freetimea dthey will get a small loan fo rit

peace.png

#108 2020-04-22 18:23:23, last edited by Meep805 (2020-04-22 18:59:57)

Meep805

peace wrote:

its [illegible] freetime form staff its thier hobby to do this they wre part of the comunity one time it s not a job its somethign they do in their [illegible] will get a small loan [illegible]

Meep805 wrote:

unless they quit or get fired, of course; then they get nothing for their services.

gotta say, my expectations are low, but the first line of my post? astounding. but ok, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

money exist.
money given to staff 'later'.
staff work.
one staff quit.
they no longer receive money because they quit before 'later' happen.

xeno is not going to retroactively go back and ensure every staff member who worked under him is paid their fair share, so the value of the work done by retired staff is gone forever

_____
| Hi. |
  V
__________                    _____
| Help me! |                    | No. |
  V                                        V
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad                                         //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#109 2020-04-24 17:45:10

dcomet

It was fun while it lasted.
I know I don't come here anymore, but every once in a while I did check.
And I hoped, one day, that there would be a resurrection. Unfortunately, that's too much to ask for.
I guess I never will get an admin label in one of my worlds...
I'll be seeing you all in the future, if there is one.

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

dcomet1587746710779910

Board footer