Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-20 00:58:44, last edited by mrjawapa (2020-03-04 15:49:39)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Mafia 42 - Game Thread - Day 4

- I'm not enforcing any rules on inactivity. That will be governed by the players.
- Day phases will be 72 hours, night phases will be 48; give or take depending on my schedule.
- My messages will be in this color. Do not use it, or I will be angry.
- All votes should be inside an h-tag. I'm not going to be strict about this, but not doing so could mean your vote gets missed.
- Don't do anything to **** off Tomahawk.
- If you're not a player, don't post here. If you're dead, don't post here.
- This is a game, don't be a **** to others.
- A lynch will occur when someone has collected a majority of votes. If no majority is met, no one will be lynched. If a majority is met, players may continue to post in the thread until it is locked.

This is my first time hosting a mafia game. I will probably make mistakes. PM me if I do, so I can fix them.

All night actions should be sent in a PM, including the mafia's.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Alive Players:
1. Buzzerbee
5. Onjit
9. Kirby

Graveyard:
4. Kira - Doctor
2. Crybaby - Sheriff
11. pqwerty - Vanilla Townie
8. Shadow - Mafia Framer
3. 2B - Godfather
6. NorBoy
7. Peace
10. Diff55

Role list

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#2 2020-02-20 16:10:48

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 42 - Game Thread - Day 4

After nitpicking every post and reading through every single post in this game. I have come to the conclusion that I am Mafia.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#3 2020-02-20 16:48:51

ShadowsEdge

Thank you, I really tried.

~BeepnBoop

#4 2020-02-20 23:29:22

ShadowsEdge

Alrighty.

How do you come up with the conclusion that "sarcastic posting and joking" makes me scum? Most of the games I don't do it is because I end up posting late, and you can look into past games to see that. I make jokes throughout the entire game, but I never usually get serious until an actual wagon forms.

And now, speaking of wagons, I'm gonna go on a limb and say that I don't think Norwegian is scum. Crybaby and Kira have thrown multiple accusations at him, and Norwegian never really folded in and gave any reason to positively believe they're scum. Y'all are saying that he always does his whole routine of "You guys are bad town!" and then he ends up flipping Town when we were so sure of him being scum.

I'm not saying he hasn't been suspicious at all, but take it with a grain of salt for now, because right now y'all are just tunnelling on Norwegian, and the evidence doesn't go that far either. From what I read, towards Kira, the main points were that Norwegian was being sarcastic, non-aggressive, and refused to claim. Norwegian is usually always sarcastic and joking, thats the playstyle of literally everyone on Day 1. The non-aggressive thing is something that's weird, and I'm not gonna defend him for that.

As for the refusal to claim, that's just BS. You made Norwegian a target no matter what he did. If he refuses to claim, then he looks suspicious to you, and becomes a target to the Mafia and SK. If he does claim, and then pines the Doctor towards him, it basically just makes free pickings for the Mafia and SK to choose someone to kill without worrying about the Doctor.

Also, Peace, what do you mean by this:

peace wrote:

also kira/norweg/crybaby coudl all 3 be scum distarctign us away

What exactly would they be distracting us away from? If they're all scum, they're quite literally drawing all the attention to themselves.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#5 2020-02-21 01:20:53

ShadowsEdge

Mass claiming sounds like a good idea. But, Veteran shouldn't claim Veteran either. Personally, I think it's a better idea for the Mafia not to know who the veteran is to possibly get the jump on them (Since Veteran is the only TK we have).

Although, that could be for debate, since Veteran still have the possibility of killing Town PR's as well.

~BeepnBoop

#6 2020-02-21 19:42:45

ShadowsEdge

peace wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

The doc is protecting Crybaby tonight Peace. And i’m practically invincible as scum and SK die if they touch me. This mass claim was a grand success.

you hsve only 3 shoits norweg didnt you read the role carefully or are oyu nto th eveteran? and what if the doc dies?

But the Mafia and SK don't know when Norwegian is going to be on alert, so they'd have to be suicidally stupid to even attempt to kill Norwegian.

I don't have a whole lot of opinions on the Kira situation, but I'm actually leaning on Kira being Doctor rather than scum. Personally I find it more often that people who actually scumclaim are generally Town giving up rather than Scum giving up. But it's just a hunch so I don't really know if it's accurate or not.

~BeepnBoop

#7 2020-02-23 00:50:10

ShadowsEdge

Because the coin doesn't follow the laws of physics. It's just floating in midair right now.

~BeepnBoop

#8 2020-02-23 02:00:34

ShadowsEdge

Personally, I think it's more likely he's going to flip Doctor.

I said that back then as more of a call to look at the other side of the situation, since everyone was so focused on the fact that Kira claimed Veteran that everyone ignored any possible reason for why Kira might've done it other than them being scum. Crybaby's reasoning didn't really convince me otherwise, either.

~BeepnBoop

#9 2020-02-23 03:59:59

ShadowsEdge

I never said you suspected me. I just said your reasoning for why Kira is more likely scum than the Doctor didn't really convince me otherwise.

But whatever floats your boat man.

~BeepnBoop

#10 2020-02-23 04:01:26

ShadowsEdge

Then what was the point of saying that you don't suspect me?

~BeepnBoop

#11 2020-02-24 01:04:00

ShadowsEdge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Shadows stance on believing Kira to be the doctor reads as TMI too me. (Too much information)
It makes sense to me that scum would look on to Kira's scummy actions and say "but wait, he could be town!" for later credit when he does in fact flip town.

Yeah, I take that same ideology, but I brought it up because no one was bringing it up at all. I find it that when the alternative is never considered, that's when we make the biggest losses. (Like when I refused to believe that Mutant was Town in Nomination Mafia, and Norwegian in TFR, etc.). The Nomination game was pretty much when I decided to try and look at all angles where ever possible.

Pqwerty wrote:

Long story short, I lean tr on Norweg for suggesting the mass claim but I don't think Norweg or the town executed it correctly.

I think the problem is less that it was executed incorrectly, because there's not a lot of leg room in terms of ways to execute it. The problem was more that Kira should have claimed Vanilla Townie. Sure, it would have put more danger towards them, but claiming a PR directly puts attention onto them regardless of what PR it is. There were some other minor issues with it, but in general it should have been fine to create a lynch pool, but when Kira claimed Vet everyone just narrowed in on him and that's where things got awry.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#12 2020-02-25 15:58:06

ShadowsEdge

Peace, seriously, it's like you're asking to be modkilled.

There's a third option, that if the Mafia and Serial Killer both targetted the same player, which would result in only one dying, which was mentioned but you never put down as an option. And mislynching Kirby if he's town isn't just something to shrug off. We're at 5 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Neutral. Mislynching a town now means that we'll be at 4 Town, 3 Mafia, and 1 Neutral, giving the Mafia the opportunity to gain majority. Obviously the Serial Killer can kill Mafia, but the Serial Killer would just be going into it as blindly as we are since they have no way of knowing crystal clear who is Mafia.

I plan to go in depth on this later and actually question the people on this. But in response to Norwegian asking for people to say their reads, I mainly suspect Onjit and Different, and a slight hunch on Buzzerbee. Onjit is because he just seems to have a more apathetic attitude this game, D1 he just followed the wagon and said random comments like "I'm gonna be mad if Kira actually is the Doctor." Different is mainly for reasons that Norwegian mentioned before. And I don't have any strong conclusions on who the third member might be, but it's just a gut feeling.

~BeepnBoop

#13 2020-02-25 16:01:48

ShadowsEdge

Oop I just realized I made a typo,

ShadowsEdge wrote:

And I don't have any strong conclusions on who the third member might be, but it's just a gut feeling.

This is meant to conclude that my lean on Buzzerbee is a gut feeling because I don't have a strong conclusion on who the third might be. Also came a little bit from the fact that Kira suspected them.

~BeepnBoop

#14 2020-02-26 01:25:43

ShadowsEdge

Peace jumps on bandwagons regularly.

~BeepnBoop

#15 2020-02-26 04:18:52

ShadowsEdge

Onjit, can you make a claim for your case? Thank you <3.

~BeepnBoop

#16 2020-02-26 06:55:46

ShadowsEdge

Different55 wrote:

Speaking of, why are we not still massclaiming?

Because besides the Veteran, we only have one PR left. Meaning all the claims will just be Vanilla Townie, and will just reveal who the Roleblocker is above all else. That gives the Mafia and SK a chance to kill their last threat, and our last defense against the nightkills.

BuzzerBee wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Peace jumps on bandwagons regularly.

Oh, well still he seems to be acting different than the last game I played with him (where he was town) so idk I'm still getting maf vibes from him

I can agree with that. But I'd still rather focus on Onjit and Different. And you for that matter, but I'll get into that on D3.

I have a bone to pick with Different's reads. Different's reads are all vibes (From what I can see). This far into the game, I find it odd that his only read that isn't just based off a vibe of the sort (That he articulates), is Peace.

~BeepnBoop

#17 2020-03-04 16:15:50

ShadowsEdge

KIRBY IS A GOD AND THIS WAS HIS PLAN ALL ALONG.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:
ASDruska1583498411775915

Board footer