Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-07 11:08:49, last edited by Norwee (2020-01-19 02:54:51)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 39 GAME OVER [MAFIA WIN]

- Mafia 39 -

Setup link:
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3

Possible setups:

Hidden text

Alive players:
- ShadowsEdge Vanilla Townie (Survived, but lost)
- Processor Mafia Rolecop (victorious)

Dead players:
- 2B55B5G TNG Vanilla Townie. Lynched day 1
- Peace/Andymakeer Town tracker. Killed night 1
- Kira Mafia Goon. Lynched day 2 but won posthumously
- Onjit Vanilla Townie. Killed night 2
- HugoTse Vanilla Townie. Modkilled day 3
- MrJawapa Vanilla Townie. Lynched day 3
- Crybaby Town Doctor. Killed Night 3

The setup was B3 and the mafia won the game.

Rules:
- 1 ingame day lasts for 5 IRL days. 1 night lasts 1 IRL day.
- I will count any visible votes. But i'd prefer it if you used the (h) tag to make my life easier. Valid commands: "!Vote <player>" "!Unvote" "!Endday"
- Self-votes are counted and you can use it as a strategy, but don't gamethrow. Play to win.
- Don't be toxic, rude, use personal attacks.
- This is my colour. Don't use it to impersonate me.
- Be active. If you are busy in real life, try to make at least one useful post per day. Or place your vote. If you lack passion or motivation to play the game, consider replacing out.
- Do not talk about the game outside of this thread or given PT's, discussing the game on discord or private messages with other players is not allowed and is against the spirit of the game.
- A lynch occurs when a majority of votes has been reached, if the deadline is reached before a lynch happens, the day will end with no lynch.
- Talking is allowed during twilight. Players nominated for lynch may talk until the moderator has announced their death. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to talk in the thread until the moderator has ended the game.
- Users not in the game are not allowed to post here.
- Please submit all night actions if you have them, via your role pm. If you have a night action and do not submit one, you will not take an action.
- I will prod players who have not posted for an extended period. If prodded, you must post within 24 hours to avoid replacement.
Requiring repeated prods, or excessive prodging, will result in replacement.
- Do not take screenshots or quote anything from your role pm or private thread. All possible role pms can be seen by visiting the setup link above.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2020-01-07 13:31:52

Kira

Re: Mafia 39 GAME OVER [MAFIA WIN]

A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla

A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla

A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla

B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla

B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla

B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla

C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla

C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla

C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Mason, Town Mason, 5x Town Vanilla

From all those following setups, we can conclude:

-If anyone gets roleblocked, it is vital to say it.
-Unfortunately JailKeeper isn't going to be very useful in the early days, we'd be unlucky to have this PR
-The strongest possible roles for town is A1 (Doctor+Cop), but this also means that Mafia has 1 PR
-The best outcome is C1 and C3, Mafia has no PR and we'd have a PR or double mason.

Andymakeer wrote:

so, if there is a neighbor, does it make sense for him to roleclaim already?

Not really. If there is a Town Friendly Neighbor, it'd be better for him to stay low and use that information to x's advantage: x would know that the setup is B1/B2

Wooted by:

#3 2020-01-07 20:32:58

Kira

Andymakeer wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:

No. You're scum.

my defense:
- if i were scum, i'd risky for me to ask for the TFN to roleclaim
- asking for someone to roleclaim on D1 is suspicious, not to doubt of me being mafia, but enough for a Tracker/Jailkeeper to use their N1 actions on me
- if a Tracker targets me on N1 and finds out i used my action on the N1 victim, it'd game over for mafia

my questioning:
- assuming someone a scum without any info from anybody can only occurs on 2 possible scenarios:
> Jawapa is scum, so he'd know im town, and is trying to lynch me
> We are BOTH NOT scum, so we dont know each other factions

i already assumed im town, so i dont have another choice:

!vote jawapa

I'm leaning on jawapa's side on this one. It's very rare (very unlikely) that a mafia plays very aggressive early on, rather, I think you voting for jawapa makes you look scummy.

#4 2020-01-08 09:12:20

Kira

Andymakeer wrote:
Kira wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:

No. You're scum.

my defense:
- if i were scum, i'd risky for me to ask for the TFN to roleclaim
- asking for someone to roleclaim on D1 is suspicious, not to doubt of me being mafia, but enough for a Tracker/Jailkeeper to use their N1 actions on me
- if a Tracker targets me on N1 and finds out i used my action on the N1 victim, it'd game over for mafia

my questioning:
- assuming someone a scum without any info from anybody can only occurs on 2 possible scenarios:
> Jawapa is scum, so he'd know im town, and is trying to lynch me
> We are BOTH NOT scum, so we dont know each other factions

i already assumed im town, so i dont have another choice:

!vote jawapa

I'm leaning on jawapa's side on this one. It's very rare (very unlikely) that a mafia plays very aggressive early on, rather, I think you voting for jawapa makes you look scummy.

You doubt of the "rareness" (metagame btw) of Jawapa using an agressive move, but did not doubt of ME using an agressive move...

You opened the possibilty of considering your leaning on Jawapa a scum/scum defense.
Also, you stated that the TFN should not roleclaim... that was not suspicious, but now It looks like you were trying to avoid TFN roleclaiming as it'd reveal the mafia roles

My deduction:
- Jawapa and Kira are scum

XD.

“Andy I suspect, YOU!”

Andy: “UNO REVERSE CARD!”

Quality arguments mate

#5 2020-01-09 15:55:38

Kira

mrjawapa wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:

please dont metagame...

I dont think you understand what metagaming is.

This. Look up the definition of metagaming.
You're just making your case worse and worse Andy, I don't understand what you're trying to achieve or who you are suspecting.

I'm not going to vote anyone for now, I'm gonna wait until the last 2 days in order to make a decision because:
A is voting for B > B is voting for C > C is voting for A.

Instead of voting randomly, who's death gives away the most information?

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2020-01-09 18:30:37

Kira

Andymakeer wrote:
Kira wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:

please dont metagame...

I dont think you understand what metagaming is.

This. Look up the definition of metagaming.
You're just making your case worse and worse Andy, I don't understand what you're trying to achieve or who you are suspecting.

I'm not going to vote anyone for now, I'm gonna wait until the last 2 days in order to make a decision because:
A is voting for B > B is voting for C > C is voting for A.

Instead of voting randomly, who's death gives away the most information?

you are all using "not usely", "uncommon", "rare", "seems to" to determine ur votings.
thats metagaming, basing your argument on external information like other matches and personal experience rather than on whats currently going on!
taking external information and using it as if it were an advantage is a clear example of metagame.

onjit said "anyone that votes me is moron"
why exactly?
is it because he is not a trustable person?
oh thank you, but i dont see a "Trust Level" charge bar to determine whether my actions are or are not scummy

using his personal reliability from outside the game as if it were basis to call me scum is another clear example of metagame

You are very obsessed with the term of "metagaming" so let me explain what it is to you:

>Alternating the rules, bending the rules to your advantage.

---

>using explicit external elements, from outside the game in order to prove a point:

"you are all using "not usely", "uncommon", "rare", "seems to" to determine ur votings."

That is not a clear example of metagaming, it's pure logic. Why would a scum make himself look suspicious by being overly aggressive early on? It's most likely not going to happen, therefore it shouldn't happen in any game, including the one we are playing.

---

"taking external information and using it as if it were an advantage is a clear example of metagame."

Again, that is true, but you are using that definition incorrectly. No one in this game took "external information and used it", re-read it if you haven't.

---

Conclusion: Stop

#7 2020-01-09 19:10:26

Kira

Andymakeer wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming

Example:

• A special set of moves in chess can allow a player to win in four moves. Competitor A has been watching Competitor B play chess, and the past five games in a row Competitor B has attempted to use this four-move win. When Competitor A sits down to play against Competitor B, Competitor A will be metagaming if they play in a way that will give them an advantage if Competitor B repeats this line.

The same thing is happening here, the same Mafia Clique of all the other games are using their own "popularity" to influence whether other players action are "right" or "wrong".
Who are you to call my arguments incorrect as if you were immune to suspicion?????
I still suspect you btw, dont think ill swallow any **** you say just because you belong to the mafia clique.

That is not a clear example of metagaming, it's pure logic. Why would a scum make himself look suspicious by being overly aggressive early on? It's most likely not going to happen, therefore it shouldn't happen in any game, including the one we are playing.

- "Oh this guy is being overly aggressive on D1
- "Oh but by PURE LOGIC (?) a scum would NEVER DO THAT
- "THATS IMPOSSIBLE LOOK I HAVE A RULEBOOK HERE TELLING THAT A SCUM CANNOT DO THAT OMG"
- "so by PURE LOGIC that guy is NOT SCUM, lets focus on another player!"

really?

They are incorrect? By that logic, I can also say you're metagaming by using the metagaming argument? You're putting words in my mouth:

"- "Oh but by PURE LOGIC (?) a scum would NEVER DO THAT
- "THATS IMPOSSIBLE LOOK I HAVE A RULEBOOK HERE TELLING THAT A SCUM CANNOT DO THAT OMG"
- "so by PURE LOGIC that guy is NOT SCUM, lets focus on another player!"

I said: "I'm leaning on jawapa's side on this one. It's very unlikely that a mafia plays very aggressive early on, rather, I think you voting for jawapa makes you look scummy."

#8 2020-01-10 16:01:54

Kira

!vote Andy

You haven't defended yourself, instead you kept digging your grave. I'm expecting some real defence next time you post instead of "poking holes in my arguments" as ShadowsEdge explained.

#9 2020-01-10 21:26:01

Kira

Andymakeer wrote:

this match is a joke and i am not playing any mafia of these forum anymore

!unjoin

Onjit wrote:

perhaps you need to have a moment of introspection and think about why kira has that reason

#10 2020-01-11 15:03:37

Kira

The mafia was going good and Peace had to **** it all

stop **** spamming

#11 2020-01-11 15:05:22

Kira

!vote peace

get him out asap

#12 2020-01-11 18:22:39

Kira

This argument is leading to nothing, so i'm going for the safe bet and vote HugoTse who hasn't posted anything apart from "I claim Vt, Hi and something ambiguous"
Right now my reads are the following:

Mafia ^

HugoTse
Crybaby
Peace
2B55B5G TNG
MrJawapa
Processor
Onjit
ShadowsEdge

Town v

Vote HugoTse

#13 2020-01-13 16:04:07

Kira

Alive players:

1: Onjit Isolate
2: Crybaby Isolate
3: ShadowsEdge Isolate
4: Kira Isolate
5: MrJawapa Isolate
6: Processor Isolate
7: HugoTse Isolate

Summary:

Onjit: Joked around at first, voted for 6 different people.

My opinion on Onjit is neutral.

Crybaby: Throws random votes, repeatedly said: "I don't feel like reading these walls of text but I assume nothing has changed"
Hard pushed for 2B because he "gave up"..

Crybaby is on my main suspects list.

ShadowsEdge: Suspects Processor, did not push for a 2B lynch, also had a town opinion of him:
"2B55B5G, while there are notions against him, I don't think he's scum. Mysterious is just kind of always 2B's MO from what I've seen. He's not apt on keeping a townie-esque appearance, which also makes me think that he's actually Town. He claimed Vanilla Townie, and for now I'll choose to believe him, since I don't have causation to suspect him just yet."
Shadow also sided with me against Andy's case.

My opinion on Shadowsedge is that he is slightly more scummy than Onjit

Jawapa: Voted for 4 different user, at first he suspected Crybaby, then went on 2B and ended up voting for hugo. You can tell Jawapa is actively trying to scum hunt which gives me a good impression of him.

My opinion on Jawapa is that he is town leaning.

Processor: At first suspected Crybaby and Andy, then hammered 2B. I don't understand why he said this tho: "Hugo is town lean." Mind explaining why an inactive is town leaning?

My opinion on Processor is neutral.

HugoTse: So far posted 3 times, claimed Vanilla townie, said "hi" and posted some random garbage.

HugoTse is on my main suspects list.

Main suspects:

HugoTse and Crybaby for obvious reasons. I will vote HugoTse to pressure him, we need him to talk and fast.

!vote HugoTse

#14 2020-01-13 17:25:43

Kira

mrjawapa wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:

No. You're scum.

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote andy

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote crybaby

Because for all the posts he has in this game, he has said absolutely nothing.

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote 2b

Because if he flips scum, crybaby is town

mrjawapa wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

i'm fr a vanilla townie

Stop lying

There are absolutely no reasons to suspect you!

Anyone that types is scum, that's your gameplay. Tell us, why shouldn't we suspect you?

#15 2020-01-13 18:09:34

Kira

Crybaby wrote:

In case you're blissfully unaware, which you are, my posts about walls of text was purely for 2b's assassination in Mutant's game and nothing more.

Ah alright. my bad

#16 2020-01-13 18:15:02

Kira

Crybaby & Jawapa mafia team? That'd make a LOT of sense.

Onjit
ShadowsEdge
Processor
HugoTse

What do you think about Jawapa and Crybaby being scum

#17 2020-01-13 21:08:31

Kira

!vote Onjit

#18 2020-01-14 15:31:01

Kira

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Firstly, to Kira, what specifically makes you suspect Crybaby and Jawapa?

In your previous post before suspecting Jawapa you literally claimed Jawapa as a town-lean. You changed your opinion on Jawapa right after that saying "Why shouldn't we suspect you?" When all Jawapa said in retaliation to you was that you're scum.

As for Crybaby, I don't believe Crybaby is scum, because your evidence is taken out of context. Furthermore, I stated it before, but Crybaby seemed to be more active in discussion over time without causation. I mentioned it also, that the causation could possibly be from Processor, but Processor didn't call out Crybaby for his inactivity in discussion, so for that to cause Crybaby to be more active in discussion from that doesn't really make sense.

Also can you guys just not follow every wagon blindly? We still have 4 days and Onjit is already L-1.

I've been trying to expand my thought process instead of focusing on one particular player. I claimed that Jawapa was town leaning because his gameplay seemed way too aggressive at first glance, and not justified.
This is when I started suspecting that Jawapa & Crybaby might be related:

Crybaby wrote:

Andy is leaving anyway, so

!vote Jawapa
Crybaby wrote:

You're voting for me because I voted for you. No **** I haven't said anything all game, it's night 1 and anything that's needed to be said already has bern by other people.

Crybaby wrote:

MrJawapa: starts a wagon against Andymakeer
Crybaby: *votes for Andymakeer* I'd vote for either Andy or Jawp, honestly
MrJawapa: ...
Crybaby: *votes for Jawapa since Andy left*
Nobody:
Not a single person:

MrJawapa, immediately after, on night 1: Crybaby hasn't done a single thing this entire game, he's scum!!!

Jawp you're scum

Jawapa responded with:

mrjawapa wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

MrJawapa: starts a wagon against Andymakeer

No I didn't. I made a joke, and people ran with it. YOU were the first person to vote for Andy. Actually, I started collecting votes before Andy did.

Crybaby wrote:

MrJawapa, immediately after, on night 1: Crybaby hasn't done a single thing this entire game, he's scum!!!

I didn't say you were scum. I want you to be productive. You're playing the game the same way Zelda does. Makes several posts, but never says anything worth while.

Crybaby wrote:

You're voting for me because I voted for you.

That's part of it... yes...

You're being very hyperbolic, and I'd appreciate it if you stopped enforcing your mafia clique privileges on me.

Crybaby wrote:

You go ahead, pretend like there's too many walls of text to read, but I know what you're really up to

Crybaby wrote:

I don't feel like reading these walls of text but I assume nothing has changed

And then he immediately unvoted.

The next day, I posted my reads, my suspects and a summary and Jawapa posted:

mrjawapa wrote:

Hugo and crybaby are town

Kira is scum

Makes absolutely no sense as to why he wouldn't suspect Crybaby and Hugo and immediately turns onto me:

Crybaby wrote:
!vote Kira

Crybaby is just hoping on wagons, not posting any concrete reads and overall being very vague about his opinions on people. (Same for Jawapa by the way)

!vote Crybaby

#19 2020-01-14 15:32:28

Kira

out of Crybaby and Jawapa, there is at least 1 scum if not 2.

#20 2020-01-14 15:40:40

Kira

why the **** is Peace wooting posts

#21 2020-01-14 15:43:36

Kira

_bm-COABR-CvHWo5MDmkrQ.png

I really hope Peace isn't aware of who are the mafia members, this might be a gamethrow from the outside

#22 2020-01-14 15:44:41

Kira

Also this one

blmWVaxiStiT1tsjTI_PsQ.png

#23 2020-01-14 15:47:09

Kira

I'm not gonna vote for Onjit yet, let's wait for Norwegian to make a post about this
honestly i might quit if he is indeed mafia

#24 2020-01-14 15:49:27

Kira

Crybaby wrote:
Kira wrote:

Crybaby is just hoping on wagons, not posting any concrete reads and overall being very vague about his opinions on people.

I posted this before, and I'll post it again. I believe you're Mafia, trying to distance yourself from Onjit (the other mafia) by starting a wagon on him today. Only difference between this post and my last is there is only 2 Mafia.

Ah because an external player **** up the game is me starting a wagon

Sherlock

!vote Onjit

#25 2020-01-14 15:52:59

Kira

Crybaby wrote:

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 78#p772178

Posted yesterday before Peace wooted that post

But, yknow, you can just pretend like you didn't, like a Mafia member would.

i've seen it, however today he wooted another post

besides why would I want to get Onjit lynched if he is my partner?

Kira1579474947772598

Board footer