Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-07 11:08:49, last edited by Norwee (2020-01-19 02:54:51)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 39 GAME OVER [MAFIA WIN]

- Mafia 39 -

Setup link:
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3

Possible setups:

Hidden text

Alive players:
- ShadowsEdge Vanilla Townie (Survived, but lost)
- Processor Mafia Rolecop (victorious)

Dead players:
- 2B55B5G TNG Vanilla Townie. Lynched day 1
- Peace/Andymakeer Town tracker. Killed night 1
- Kira Mafia Goon. Lynched day 2 but won posthumously
- Onjit Vanilla Townie. Killed night 2
- HugoTse Vanilla Townie. Modkilled day 3
- MrJawapa Vanilla Townie. Lynched day 3
- Crybaby Town Doctor. Killed Night 3

The setup was B3 and the mafia won the game.

Rules:
- 1 ingame day lasts for 5 IRL days. 1 night lasts 1 IRL day.
- I will count any visible votes. But i'd prefer it if you used the (h) tag to make my life easier. Valid commands: "!Vote <player>" "!Unvote" "!Endday"
- Self-votes are counted and you can use it as a strategy, but don't gamethrow. Play to win.
- Don't be toxic, rude, use personal attacks.
- This is my colour. Don't use it to impersonate me.
- Be active. If you are busy in real life, try to make at least one useful post per day. Or place your vote. If you lack passion or motivation to play the game, consider replacing out.
- Do not talk about the game outside of this thread or given PT's, discussing the game on discord or private messages with other players is not allowed and is against the spirit of the game.
- A lynch occurs when a majority of votes has been reached, if the deadline is reached before a lynch happens, the day will end with no lynch.
- Talking is allowed during twilight. Players nominated for lynch may talk until the moderator has announced their death. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to talk in the thread until the moderator has ended the game.
- Users not in the game are not allowed to post here.
- Please submit all night actions if you have them, via your role pm. If you have a night action and do not submit one, you will not take an action.
- I will prod players who have not posted for an extended period. If prodded, you must post within 24 hours to avoid replacement.
Requiring repeated prods, or excessive prodging, will result in replacement.
- Do not take screenshots or quote anything from your role pm or private thread. All possible role pms can be seen by visiting the setup link above.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2020-01-07 14:37:58

Processor

Re: Mafia 39 GAME OVER [MAFIA WIN]

Claiming VT is gonna put the PRs in danger, don't do that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#3 2020-01-07 15:55:39

Processor

Onjit wrote:
Townies only: Mafia please don't read!
Townies only: Mafia please don't read!
!vote Onjit

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#4 2020-01-08 16:31:27

Processor

It's suspicious that Crybaby chooses to side with Jawapa over Andymakeer here, with no explanation for why she favors the one over the other...

One could also suspect that Andymakeer is a friendly neighbor, as they asked about it first.
Which makes Crybaby's unexplained vote on Andymakeer over Jawapa even more suspicious...

Andymakeer seems pretty townish to me. He might be reading too much into Jawapa.

Onjit sus.
Crybaby sus.

I think Crybaby is more suspicious than Onjit and therefore switch wagons.

!vote Crybaby

#5 2020-01-11 02:53:23

Processor

Onjit is really vote happy!
Andy is town lean IMO. Crybaby is far more likely to be scum.

Onjit and Crybaby are my biggest suspects.

#6 2020-01-12 06:59:07

Processor

I've been in the process of moving to a new apartment irl and haven't had much time to invest in the game.

My suspicion on Onjit is mostly because of his VT claim.
I've explained the reason here:
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 74#p771574

Crybaby chose to target Andy who I believe to be likely town. She chose to side with Jawapa, sure, but she might have done this to get rid of Andy and not because they are necessarily on the same team.
I've explained my reasoning here:
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 30#p771630

I am not sure about Jawapa. Crybaby flipping scum does not necessarily mean that Jawapa is scum either.

Hugo is town lean.

#7 2020-01-12 07:12:29

Processor

Following my analysis, among the remaining users, Kira, 2B and ShadowsEdge, there should be at least one scum.

2B is a good pick, let's do this.

!vote 2B ?

#8 2020-01-13 20:42:30

Processor

Onjit wrote:

Stating the obvious, but the possible setups now:

B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla

Hey, why did you rule out this alternative?

A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla

Do you know something we don't know, Onjit?

!vote Onjit

Wooted by:

#9 2020-01-17 17:01:22

Processor

Really sorry that I have not had a chance to play this game this week, I know I've let you guys down //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
I have a lot of free time this weekend, so expect me to be active until the end of the game

Since today is our last day together:

I'm a VT.
Based on this post, I am going to assume Crybaby is our Jailkeeper / Doctor / Friendly Neighbour.

@Crybaby can you confirm and tell us, in case you are a Jailkeeper or Friendly Neighbour who you have investigated so far? Have you been roleblocked yet?

One of ShadowsEdge / mrjawapa is VT, the other Mafia Roleblocker / Mafia Rolecop

I'd currently say:
ShadowsEdge town
mrjawapa scum

@ShadowsEdge / mrjawapa please roleclaim

#10 2020-01-17 20:10:13

Processor

mrjawapa wrote:

In hindsight, processors question is pretty stupid. Did he expect one of us to actually claim as scum?

Since nobody between ShadowsEdge and mrjawapa have counterclaimed Crybaby's Doctor claim, we can all agree that Crybaby is the confirmed townie among us. (That was the purpose of my question)

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2020-01-17 20:22:28

Processor

With Crybaby being the Doc, this means that our mafia is a Rolecop.

@mrjawapa:
How do you make a "typo" essentially saying you are a PR? And now you're claiming VT...

#12 2020-01-17 20:51:56

Processor

So it wasn't an accident or "typo" but rather a decision to claim a PR.

mrjawapa wrote:

Only the doctor would have known the setup at the time.

I agree that you (assuming a rolecop) probably didn't know who the Doctor was when you made that PR claim.

mrjawapa wrote:

I made a subtle hint at the set up being B3, which would have made me the doctor.

And how did you know the setup would be B3? And not A2 / B1?

#13 2020-01-17 20:59:28

Processor

mrjawapa wrote:

I was getting some heat from kira, and hoped I could fall back on that if a wagon started against me, or would mislead the mafia.

You could have just as easily misled town. This justification is crap.

#14 2020-01-17 21:03:46

Processor

No further questions, your honor.

#15 2020-01-18 01:26:57

Processor

mrjawapa wrote:

There's 4 of us. It's obvious crybaby is the doctor. I'm vanilla townie. That makes either you or processor scum.

You being vanilla townie is not obvious to me.

In general, saying "I know I'm town, therefore, XY must be scum"
might be perfectly obvious from your point of view (assuming town), but it doesn't convince anyone else.
From our point of view, you might as well be lying.

---

Jawapa [1]: Crybaby.
Not voting: Processor, ShadowsEdge, Jawapa

Lynch majority is 3.

It's best we do not approach L-1 on anyone yet, just to avoid a hammer by scum.
Hence why I have not placed my vote on Jawapa yet.

#16 2020-01-18 20:00:24

Processor

Is there anything left to discuss?

Here's a summary of my reads on everyone:

Crybaby: confirmed town
- uncontested PR claim.

ShadowsEdge: town
- voted on Kira early on
- shows interest in solving the game, prioritizes information gain over getting lynches as soon as possible
- well-thought-out and frequent posts, not afraid to be analyzed

MrJawapa: scum
- fake PR claim D2
- knew the game's constellation (B3; only the mafia rolecop could figure that out at that point in the game)
- self-centered defense with weak arguments (mostly whataboutism)
- Kira kept saying how mrjawapa is suspicious, but he never voted for mrjawapa (all the talk but no action)
- Kira defended mrjawapa (https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 92#p771592)
- Typically, scum players try to put their partners towards the middle of the read list.

Wooted by:

#17 2020-01-18 22:22:40

Processor

Waiting on Crybaby & ShadowsEdge

Maybe they have something to say

#18 2020-01-18 22:47:48

Processor

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Mostly because, a mislynch today means the town loses, and he's just giving up. He is well aware that a mislynch means the town loses, but he seems to just accept being lynched, rather than convince us of why he isn't scum.

Well, no matter if jawapa is town or scum, jawapa is going lose the game.
Similarly, no matter if jawapa or ShadowsEdge is scum, ShadowsEdge is going to win the game.
Crybaby's and my fate depend on mrjawapa's flip...

Crybaby wooted my post but didn't reply anything. I'm going to assume he doesn't have anything to say

!vote mrjawapa

#19 2020-01-18 23:27:41

Processor

mrjawapa wrote:

When shadow hammers the game is pretty much over. Whoever is mafia, whether it's you or shadow, would be stupid to not kill crybaby.

After that, the game is over.

GG everyone

I'll cross my fingers and hope that you're scum and this is a last-ditch attempt to change our minds.

Jawapa is at L-1. ShadowsEdge can end the game at his discretion

GG everyone indeed, whatever the outcome, this was a fun game to play
It's unfortunate that we have one less attempt at finding mafia because of HugoTse >.>

Wooted by: (2)

#20 2020-01-19 03:30:57

Processor

Watching the last day unfold was pretty fun, from my perspective at least... hehe //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

A quick comment on some people who asked me why I didn't kill Crybaby last night:
- I was in a very tough situation when the day started, I had been inactive due to IRL events, ShadowsEdge was really eager to get rid of me,  jawapa would have supported my lynch
- Getting rid of ShadowsEdge would be difficult, I had to earn his trust
- To throw mrjawapa under the bus, ShadowsEdge needed to hear that mrjawapa is suspicious from someone who is not me
- Crybaby was the perfect candidate for that (Onjit, well, would have just memed around)
- So N2 I killed Onjit and investigated Crybaby (to make sure he is the PR, and probably know the setup)

Kira1579474947772598

Board footer