Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-07 11:08:49, last edited by Norwee (2020-01-19 02:54:51)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 39 GAME OVER [MAFIA WIN]

- Mafia 39 -

Setup link:
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=NewD3

Possible setups:

Hidden text

Alive players:
- ShadowsEdge Vanilla Townie (Survived, but lost)
- Processor Mafia Rolecop (victorious)

Dead players:
- 2B55B5G TNG Vanilla Townie. Lynched day 1
- Peace/Andymakeer Town tracker. Killed night 1
- Kira Mafia Goon. Lynched day 2 but won posthumously
- Onjit Vanilla Townie. Killed night 2
- HugoTse Vanilla Townie. Modkilled day 3
- MrJawapa Vanilla Townie. Lynched day 3
- Crybaby Town Doctor. Killed Night 3

The setup was B3 and the mafia won the game.

Rules:
- 1 ingame day lasts for 5 IRL days. 1 night lasts 1 IRL day.
- I will count any visible votes. But i'd prefer it if you used the (h) tag to make my life easier. Valid commands: "!Vote <player>" "!Unvote" "!Endday"
- Self-votes are counted and you can use it as a strategy, but don't gamethrow. Play to win.
- Don't be toxic, rude, use personal attacks.
- This is my colour. Don't use it to impersonate me.
- Be active. If you are busy in real life, try to make at least one useful post per day. Or place your vote. If you lack passion or motivation to play the game, consider replacing out.
- Do not talk about the game outside of this thread or given PT's, discussing the game on discord or private messages with other players is not allowed and is against the spirit of the game.
- A lynch occurs when a majority of votes has been reached, if the deadline is reached before a lynch happens, the day will end with no lynch.
- Talking is allowed during twilight. Players nominated for lynch may talk until the moderator has announced their death. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to talk in the thread until the moderator has ended the game.
- Users not in the game are not allowed to post here.
- Please submit all night actions if you have them, via your role pm. If you have a night action and do not submit one, you will not take an action.
- I will prod players who have not posted for an extended period. If prodded, you must post within 24 hours to avoid replacement.
Requiring repeated prods, or excessive prodging, will result in replacement.
- Do not take screenshots or quote anything from your role pm or private thread. All possible role pms can be seen by visiting the setup link above.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2020-01-08 02:19:49

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 39 GAME OVER [MAFIA WIN]

Hi. my name is ShadowsEdge and I am a game narrator. I will be overthrowing NorwegianboyEE as the Game Narrator of Mafia 39.

Vote for me as Game Narrator of Mafia 39.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#3 2020-01-09 02:43:42

ShadowsEdge

Wheeeeew boy there's kinda a lot going on right now.

I'm actually tempted more to side with Crybaby on this. Processor's reasonings don't really convince me enough to put any sort of faith on a lynch towards Crybaby, and while Crybaby's reasonings don't convince me either, I'd rather have someone flip that provides more information.

Reason being Andymakeer seems to be the pivotal point of all of this:

Highly CLASSIFIED information

I'm not going to vote for him yet, per se, but that is my current stance.

Now back to this: Norwegian, how do you feel about me taking your place as the game narrator? Because being the game narrator is what I have been labelled as. I would like to reassume the position of game narrator because being the game narrator is pretty cool. And I would just like to know your opinion on me being the game narrator.

~BeepnBoop

#4 2020-01-09 03:02:32

ShadowsEdge

Yes yes I see. Norwegian has become so torn up on me being the game narrator that they have turned into a cat. It all makes sense now.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#5 2020-01-09 05:03:02

ShadowsEdge

And who would that be addressed towards?

~BeepnBoop

#6 2020-01-09 05:04:02

ShadowsEdge

Friggin ninja'd I meant it to this post:

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Why did you take a joke ‘You’re scum’ post seriously*

~BeepnBoop

#7 2020-01-10 04:26:29

ShadowsEdge

Idk why but for some reason I felt this was more inactive than it actually is.

Nevertheless I'm siding with Kira. Andy, for whatever reason, just seems to be breaking down Kira's ideology of what the "standard" is. And while Kira can't make a standard for the game, that isn't necessarily what Kira did. They just stated a fact of what scum do. It's not absolute, which it shouldn't.

My problem with Andy is that Andy is just poking holes in whatever way he can, even if those holes he's poking dont necessarily do anything.

Now to Andy:

Kira's definition of a scum playstyle is just them pointing out how it usually is. Scumcoasting is more common for scum to do rather than actively lead the bandwagons (You see how this works?). As for Kira dictating a pattern, normally scum won't all do the same thing, because they don't want to tie connections to them (Amazing how previous games can provide insight into the current game). Kira is well aware of that, and if Kira was making some elaborate attempt to townclear a motive, just so all of their scum partners could follow said motive, it would just tie a link between all of them. Now, with that said, I don't think that clears an attempt to townclear one motive.

Anyway I don't have any pressing questions to ask Andy just yet.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#8 2020-01-11 03:36:37

ShadowsEdge

I just wanna say my bit to Andy:

We aren't suspecting you because you're new, it's Mafia for gods sake. Everyone is going to be suspected at some point. The only reason newer people are pressured harder than the "veterans" is that we don't know your playstyle. The people who play here consistantly can be easier read because we know how to read them. With people that are new it's not the same, because we can't read them based on past experience.

Furthermore, on a point you made, it's not some concept of "Mafia Regular." The concept of "Mafia Regular" that we follow mostly comes from Mafiascum, which, mind you, is one of the biggest bases of Mafia there is. There is such a thing as "more logical," because explanations can come in many ways. For example, basing explanations on things that could be happening are weak because they rely on certain speculations, rather than making assumptions based on facts; They make assumptions based on assumptions, which therefore makes them inherently weak. Not all information is going to be strong unless it comes from a PR, but you can't just berate people for having an opinion on your logic. As I said before, It's Mafia, we're going to break down what you say, we're going to nit pick and find out the meaning of what you say, and it's going to be a palooza of arguing and investigation. If that's not what you came for, then that's the problem.

But that is in no way tying the way that we suspected you to you just being new, or having some sort of faulty logic. Jawapa made a joke towards you, you responded heavily, so we followed the lead. That's all there is to it. The same exact thing happened to me in Onjit's universe Mafia when Norwegian placed an RVS vote on me, and I overreacted, therefore prompting suspicion on me. The circumstances around your case is the most intriguing part of the game at the moment, because it seems that most people have a part in it. That's the main reason that everything is still going on through it, and why I'm targetting you.

None of my information against you came from your logic. I never said anything about your logic being faulty, all I said is it seemed like you were mainly trying to poke holes in Kira's Argument, which I still stand by. That's not attacking your logic, I'm just saying what I think about your logic. People are allowed to agree with me, and people are allowed to disagree with me. It's not against the rules of Mafia to agree with people, because that's just how the game works sometimes.

And I just want to say, out of these "Mafia Regulars" that you pointed out. I'm not exactly a regular. If I can recall, I've only played 4 or 5 mafia games on this forum in total, I've played less than all of those people you mentioned. The reason I actually have an opinion in the game is because I put my opinion out there, and I try to stick my neck out so that people are forced to listen to my opinion.

And mind you, I voted to let Peace stay in the game.

I'm probably going to get called out for this, but do what you want with it. I'm not voting for Andy yet, It's L-2 and, if I vote, it puts him at L-1. Despite my arguments against him, I'm targetting him because of his connections to others. I have a partial scum-lean on him—because of his outburst just now, which he didn't present as Town the last game he played—but I'm not completely sure on it. Nevertheless, when it gets closer to the day ending, I'll likely put my vote on him unless other information comes about.

And sorry this post isn't actually scumhunting, I realize that, but it ticks me off that Andy is just attacking people for just playing the game.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2020-01-11 14:42:49

ShadowsEdge

That assassination was smooth Crybaby.

I'll respond later with actual content, but I just woke up a little bit ago so I'm still a bit tired.

~BeepnBoop

#10 2020-01-11 20:09:09

ShadowsEdge

Ok first of all. I read through the thread again and MAN can I just say how awesome it is to have Onjit and Kira in the game. They're like my favorite people to play with. Feel the Bern 2020 and Conclusion: Stop are the highlights of the game.

Anyway, there isn't a whole lot going on, and while I would love to make a reads list, there's 15 hours, so it's time for a decision rather than opening the doors to new conclusions. Hope you understand. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Andy being replaced by Peace doesn't let up on the connections that Andy/Peace have to others, but it seems as if the wagon is changed, so I'll just go down the list of my opinions on each person being voted for at the moment, and I'll vote for the one I find the most scummy.

Towny

2B55B5G, while there are notions against him, I don't think he's scum. Mysterious is just kind of always 2B's MO from what I've seen. He's not apt on keeping a townie-esque appearance, which also makes me think that he's actually Town. He claimed Vanilla Townie, and for now I'll choose to believe him, since I don't have causation to suspect him just yet.

Crybaby has this sort of nonchalant vibe to him, and while it's kind of unsettling, I don't think it's necessarily scum-indicative. He's been relatively active, and without necessary cause, has been starting to be more active in the discussion. The only thing that could be taken as a probable cause for his recent shift in activity would be Processor calling him out for voting for Andy. But then again, nothing in that post really notated towards his activity, so I feel that it's just more likely he's taking more of an interesting in the game. Similarly to 2B55, I don't have that big of a reason to suspect him. Proc brought up the whole thing on his vote for Andy rather than Jawapa, but Proc's reasoning is weird, which is why I'm not really following it at the moment.

Hugo is null, because they haven't said anything that drastically changed my mind towards seeing them as Town, or seeing them as Scum. They've claimed VT, and said they don't care for roleclaims, which is odd. But for the time being, they'll just remain null.

Processor is kinda weird. He's been popping in at random times to say his bit against Crybaby and Onjit. He's been widely ignoring the rest of what's been going on except for saying a bit in defense for Andy. I also find it weird that Processors train of thought for finding Crybaby suspicious is out of the ordinary. He talks about Crybaby "siding with Jawapa," but pins the suspicion on Onjit and Crybaby rather than even a bit of suspicion on Jawapa. Why is it inherently worse that Crybaby chose to lynch Andy over Jawapa? Both could be taken as town, and both could be taken as suspicious.

Scummy

I think it's common sense, but these are just my opinions.

Whether or not people want to follow or not is up to the beholder, but Im also choosing Processor not just because of the votees I find him the most suspicious, but because Processor would ultimately provide more information than anyone else to be lynched, and would be the safest lynch in my opinion. 2B hasn't really done much in the game, and no one's really came to his defense, from what I've seen, and only Crybaby has major connections to other players, but I don't see reason to vote him off yet, which is why I want to keep him. And Hugo I dont want to lynch because his lynch will provide absolutely no information (Investigative Lynch rather than Policy Lynch). I'm open to any comments, specifically from Processor, but otherwise that's my stance. Thank you.

!vote Processor

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#11 2020-01-11 20:11:51

ShadowsEdge

Whoop de doo I just realized I made an error.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

2B hasn't really done much in the game, and no one's really came to his defense, from what I've seen, and only Crybaby has major connections to other players, but I don't see reason to vote him off yet, which is why I want to keep him.

"...only Crybaby has majorly brought suspicion onto him. Crybaby has major..."*

Sorry, I ended up rewriting it and I cut out that part of it when I did so, because both had Crybaby in it, so I cut to the wrong part.

~BeepnBoop

#12 2020-01-11 20:48:35

ShadowsEdge

Only the current vote count. Plus, i've said my opinion on Jawapa before. I think he's more likely to be townish, to sum it up.

~BeepnBoop

#13 2020-01-11 21:16:27

ShadowsEdge

I've made my decision, and argued my case, I'm just waiting for Processor to respond.

~BeepnBoop

#14 2020-01-11 22:11:43

ShadowsEdge

Rules state it's majority only. No plurality takes effect. Plus, Processor and you are tied iirc.

~BeepnBoop

#15 2020-01-11 22:22:27

ShadowsEdge

Im currently voting Processor for pressure. But if you want to go for Hugo then sure.

~BeepnBoop

#16 2020-01-14 03:45:40

ShadowsEdge

Firstly, to Kira, what specifically makes you suspect Crybaby and Jawapa?

In your previous post before suspecting Jawapa you literally claimed Jawapa as a town-lean. You changed your opinion on Jawapa right after that saying "Why shouldn't we suspect you?" When all Jawapa said in retaliation to you was that you're scum.

As for Crybaby, I don't believe Crybaby is scum, because your evidence is taken out of context. Furthermore, I stated it before, but Crybaby seemed to be more active in discussion over time without causation. I mentioned it also, that the causation could possibly be from Processor, but Processor didn't call out Crybaby for his inactivity in discussion, so for that to cause Crybaby to be more active in discussion from that doesn't really make sense.

Also can you guys just not follow every wagon blindly? We still have 4 days and Onjit is already L-1.

~BeepnBoop

#17 2020-01-14 04:18:15

ShadowsEdge

Except.. All the setups only have 2 Mafia. So if Onjit is Mafia, they would only have one scum partner.

~BeepnBoop

#18 2020-01-15 02:47:20

ShadowsEdge

I AM here y'all.

Ok so I'm still suspicious of Processor, and the fact that he hasn't really contributed that much to conversation, and has largely stayed aback from said conversation, doesn't help that. So please, Processor, contribute to the discussion. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I actually kind of agree with the Kira bandwagon. Kira struck me as someone who would find reasoning for lynching someone, but they instantly turned on Jawapa when Jawapa named Kira as scum, and they didn't give any reasoning for following the Onjit bandwagon, they just threw it out there.

They then switched over to Crybaby, one point notating that Crybaby was wagon hopping, which is exactly what Kira is doing. I'm also siding with Onjit because I don't like why the wagon started, nor how quickly it built. It was a case of him leaving out a possibility, and it built up to L-1 in a matter of hours.

Also the reason that Kira killed Peace just because of Kira's vendetta against them makes sense to me. So without further ado:

!vote Kira

~BeepnBoop

#19 2020-01-16 16:03:13

ShadowsEdge

Jawapa I think your post broke the game.

~BeepnBoop

#20 2020-01-17 15:33:30

ShadowsEdge

I think that rules out HugoTse as a Mafia. They're inactive as heck on here, and on Discord.

Still believe it's Processor, but since day just started, I'll wait for him to respond.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#21 2020-01-17 15:52:50

ShadowsEdge

And then there were four.

~BeepnBoop

#22 2020-01-17 17:08:47

ShadowsEdge

Vanilla Townie

~BeepnBoop

#23 2020-01-18 00:53:34

ShadowsEdge

Thank you. Does the defense have anything to say of the matter?

~BeepnBoop

#24 2020-01-18 00:59:06

ShadowsEdge

I am absolutely sure of my Vanilla Townie claim. Although now my suspicions are shifting, Jawapa seems to just be trying to do everything to shift away the suspicion from himself, while Processor seems like he's trying to see both sides.

To me, it seems like Processor is trying harder to analyze the game than Jawapa is. Jawapa isn't giving any reason for anyone else being scum, he's simply saying "I'm not scum, so that makes these people scum," and onto that, he first targetted me, then added Processor to the list, without ever trying to really discern which of the two is scum (Which is unlikely between us).

Plus, as an added *metagaming* bonus, I also think since Processor was inactive recently, it's possible that Processor forgot about the game, and didn't do an action, meaning if he were mafia, he likely wouldn't have put in the kill. Anyway, that's my bit, I won't vote Jawapa yet, since I don't know the vote count, but that's my opinion.

~BeepnBoop

#25 2020-01-18 01:24:34

ShadowsEdge

mrjawapa wrote:

How could you be unsure?

It's for effect my dude.

mrjawapa wrote:

> someone asks jawapa a question
> jawapa answers
> jawapa is trying too hard

But also... yes... why wouldn't I if it meant losing?

Never said you were trying too hard, I said you were only shifting away suspicion from yourself. You added that bit on yourself.

Instead of shifting the suspicion from yourself, maybe provide actual reasons why other people are scum? That's what I was asking you to do.

mrjawapa wrote:

> jawapa isnt giving any reason
> but here's an example where he gave a reason

Saying you aren't scum isn't tangible. You could be lying, anyone could be lying for all we know. The point is you look at the facts, that are true to everyone, and make an assumption on that. We can't take you at your word that between Processor and I is scum, because we can't verify your claim.

mrjawapa wrote:

There's 4 of us. It's obvious crybaby is the doctor. I'm vanilla townie. That makes either you or processor scum.

Former I can agree with, it's obvious that Crybaby is the Doctor, but the second claim can't be verified, ergo, I can't inherently believe the last statement without just cause.

mrjawapa wrote:

Mafia players are always super active. /s

Stop acting like this is your first time playing mafia.

It's an observation, take it as it is. If you have a problem with the way I'm going about finding information, then keep it to yourself, because all you're doing is breaking down other people's justifications, instead of actually scumhunting yourself.

~BeepnBoop

Kira1579474947772598

Board footer