Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-11-30 12:54:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 36 [KIRBY WINS!]

peace wrote:

its town sorry fi fogot tot say that yeha i go this exact role card in the same style as norboys role reveal and kirby's one also sying his wincodition is to eliminate all the infected players  right now that is to cure me and to kill diff to meet his win condition

Okay then. The game is solved.

I still fear that this is too easy though I think it's more likely that the setup is just swingy (eg, we were always going to win if we caught the infection early and were always going to lose if we didn't catch it until later).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#27 2019-11-30 12:58:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:

I don’t care whether I get lynched or not since I have already won the game

Well then we have an easy resolution here.

peace wrote:

how are oyu sure th egame is solved if you only catched 1 scum?

If all the claims are true then the only people left are those that are scum.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#28 2019-11-30 13:00:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

3 votes is enough for now. Let's wait for jawapa and Zelda to weigh in on how we should resolve peace.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#29 2019-11-30 13:09:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

There’s also thr fact that Kira posted this:

Kira wrote:

i'll vote for either one of them take ur pick

Not exactly thr behaviour of someone who’s "target" is Kareem now is it?

Wouldn’t that make it too obvious?

Why would we have any reason to think an executioner-type role would be in the game? To be honest I still find it hard to believe that a 'hitman' would just be a flavour name for an executioner.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#30 2019-11-30 13:15:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

Assuming Kira=Mafia, what's the gameplan @Norboy @Mutant

First:
- Lynch Kira today
- Shoot Diff tonight.

Either:
- Let peace die to kill off the infection.
Or
- Have Zelda vote for peace today (since Zelda can no longer win) whilst jawapa cures peace tonight. Then, we let Zelda die tommorow night to kill off the infection.

Then:
- Lynch Shadowsedge, Slabdrill and pqwerty in any order.
- The order could be aided by any investigative PRs still alive (myself a peace) - though it is unlikely that there will be any. (Even if peace is cured today there's a solid chance the mafia will kill him before he has a chance to investigate anyone else).

I think the only way we could lose from this strategy is if any of me, Crybaby, peace or jawapa are mafia. I will only begin to suspect this if any of Shadow, Slab or Pqwerty flip town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#31 2019-11-30 13:40:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

Okay, I can get behind that. If Kira is town, do I shoot you?

Well yes, but actually no. In the world where Kira is town it means some bastard mechanics are at play and I'd very much like to not be shot over that. But from your perspective you'd have 0 reason not to shoot me if Kira flipped town and I'd probably scum read you and not believe you're a vig if you didn't.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#32 2019-11-30 16:40:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:

the possibility of a framer is pretty high

I hadn't considered this possibility. If you do flip hitman then I guess that allows us to conclude that there is a framer.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#33 2019-11-30 16:43:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

do NOT shoot diff tonight, diff is a town-aligned jester role ("Insane Clown"). I gotta die, but I need to be lynched which is just about the WORST thing I could have said considering peace's claims. With that in mind, don't vote for me right now. So basically, don't kill me at all ig. But if I'm killed in the night I'll also take down my killer.

Your claim is bad and you should feel bad.

If you're a jester, why would you not want us to vote for you?
Convenient how you've been outed as someone that needs people to vote for them in order to infect them and your claim is a role that needs to be lynched to win.
Convenient how you claim the third party role that was talked about before we actually knew of any third parties.
Convenient that part of your role is that you kill the person who night kills you.
Unlikely it is that there's 3 separate neutral factions besides the mafia.

Crybaby, don't be afraid to shoot this guy. It's incredibly unlikely that you'd actually die from it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#34 2019-11-30 16:46:19

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Slab, why is peace sus?

I've validated his claim. Hes townie.

peace could still be mafia to be honest. A role cop could be mafia (especially since we already have an investigative role). Alternatively, both of you could be mafia together pulling a ruse.

However, as I've said previously, we don't need to entertain that possibility unless any of Diff, Slab, Shadow or pqwerty flip town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#35 2019-11-30 16:47:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

I believe mutant is telling the truth.

I don't really know about anything else though.
Give me a chance to roleclaim before you lynch me on whichever day that is. Don't want to claim yet though.

Peace looks susp.

This is a decently townie post in my opinion. Which is why I'd probably want to lynch you tommorow. If you are town, we need to know that sooner rather than later after today.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#36 2019-11-30 16:52:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Pqwerty wrote:

Wouldn't patient 0 show up on Kirby's list of criminals though?

If there is one thing we are missing its this. This suggests that the infection isn't real which would point to peace and jawapa as being mafia. However, there are 3 reasons I don't buy into it over the current way of thinking about things. First of all, I simply don't think peace is capable of any of this as mafia. Secondly, it's ridiculously easy to prove as a lie. And finally, it would seem kinda unfair for Kirby to lose just because an infected person made it to end game when he has no role-related way of stopping it. So basically, I just think that the infection isn't considered as a criminal for the sake of Kirby's role's wincon.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#37 2019-11-30 16:54:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

i hate this sort thigns of closed setups liek wait why the **** isn this this and that that it shoudl make absolutly sense if... other then that theyre fine asumign roles are clear whcih for now on are but i dont know wht roles he used onjit coudl you share at the end of the game the full role card of kirby ;p woudl liek to know how many roles youve made for tis setup

I mean, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly having fun figuring out the setup. I think (potentially naively) that this particular setup was too easy and hence unfair on the scum teams, but the general premise of figuring things out and the potential to be manipulated mechanically is hella fun for me.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#38 2019-12-01 00:10:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

mutant, you should maybe investigate me tonight so you'll believe me when i claim

Lol. You expect me to survive the night?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#39 2019-12-01 00:14:11

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Town is hopeless, and blind.

What's your problem? What are we being hopeless and blind about? We're chasing up the guilty claims and we have a plan in motion that likely leads us to a victory.

What on Earth are you seeing that we're missing that makes you not want to be a part of the town?

I don't understand where this frustration has come from with you jawapa.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#40 2019-12-01 13:25:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Anyone up for lynching Shadow today btw? Pretty sure he’s got even bigger chance at flipping maf.

A bigger chance of flipping mafia than the person I have a guilty on? Nope.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#41 2019-12-01 13:27:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

A thought just occured to me. What if the Mafia has a roleblocker and they block me from killing Diff?

We just lynch him at a later time/hope he naturally dies through not infecting anyone.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#42 2019-12-01 13:41:28

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

I'm a Victory Cop, which means I can cop to see people's wincons.

Last night, I checked mutant and got the standard town wincon (eliminate all non-town).

I appreciate the affirmation that I am town but it doesn't prove anything about you. I still kinda want you lynched tommorow because PROVING you are town is vital. By that time you'll have a new result on someone (it should be someone we are unsure about). Thus lynching you tells us our solve is wrong and that we should reconsider the claims of [myself], Crybaby, peace and jawapa whilst confirming the alignment of one of our other suspects (shadow & pqwerty)

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I'm the Roleblocker. I roleblocked Different55 N1, because I thought they were scummy because of how they changed their playstyle from last game to this one.

I clarified with Onjit, infecting players does count as a night action, and because I roleblocked Diff, it's highly unlikely that Diff is Patient Zero, unless there's some mechanic at play for Patient to be roleblock immune.

That's my bit, I don't think Different is Patient Zero, hence why I've been asking a bunch of questions about Different.

Different is the only possible person who could be patient zero per peace's claim. If diff is not patient zero, as would be the case if your claim is true, then that means peace is a liar. If peace is a liar, that means the infection does not exist. How could you have clarified with Onjit that infecting players counts as a night action if the infection is not real?

I believe that you're a roleblocker. I do not, however, think you are aligned with the town nor do I think you targetted Diff last night. You are mafia trying to create further chaos amongst the town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#43 2019-12-01 13:46:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Give me a name of someone you want to die tonight. I'll inspect them... and kill them.

I missed the part where we learnt you could kill people but I certainly would have preferred that. However, since Zelda has already voted for Onjit I think you should cure peace instead of killing someone. Otherwise, peace is going to infect Zelda and they will both die pointlessly. We need to keep people alive to ensure the scum don't outnumber us.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#44 2019-12-01 13:49:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Pqwerty wrote:

you couldn't have won already because the game would be over.

This has removed any doubt I had over Kira being the hitman instead of mafia. Kira is 100% mafia and this post ties the final knot in the noose needed to hang him. I suspect that pqwerty is probably the real hitman given how hard he's worked to disprove Kira's claim and how townie his posts have actually been recently.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#45 2019-12-01 13:53:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Pqwerty wrote:

Yeah but Kira was crafty enough to make a very convincing Hitman card. Maybe he was clever enough to make this, too (assuming all 3 are scum, which is more likely than not at this point).

To compare Kira's ability to lie to peace's is an insult to Kira. peace simply isn't capable of coming up with something this elaborate. Yes, it's possible Kira/jawapa came up with it and have been telling peace what to do. But as someone who has been mafia with peace before, it is VERY difficult to get him to follow along with everything you say. He listens to you and tries to execute what you say, but he makes himself look very scummy in the process.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#46 2019-12-01 13:55:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Yeah but Kira was crafty enough to make a very convincing Hitman card

hehehe

"convincing"

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Kira is so cute when trying to look town.

To be fair to Kira he's fought being outed pretty well. I don't think many people here could have done a better job of it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#47 2019-12-01 17:06:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Yeah but Kira was crafty enough to make a very convincing Hitman card. Maybe he was clever enough to make this, too (assuming all 3 are scum, which is more likely than not at this point).

You got me. I give up.

There was no way I'd win anyway. I had to change my win condition but I completely missed Onjit's post saying he'd end the game if someone won.

I am the Hitman. My faction is neutral. My win condition is to be the last survivor and kill everyone in the process.

That win condition was just too rough imo, especially with so many cops alive. I got role blocked Night 1 therefore my kill wasn't successful, a shame.

Wow, so you are the hitman? That's very interesting. That settles that there is a framer.

Also, thanks for confirming there's a role blocker.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I'm the Roleblocker. I roleblocked Different55 N1

Are you confusing diff with Kira? I can see why you'd get mixed up. They are very similar names.

Shadow's claim is false. Diff really is patient zero. peace was telling the truth so jawapa is town. Shadow, Slabdrill and pqwerty are the mafia team. Sanity is restored. GG. Let's end the day now.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#48 2019-12-01 17:07:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

Mutant: I thought zelda unvoted, so peace would just die if not cured.

I've been assuming that if anyone votes for them at any point they have the chance to become infected. I might be wrong.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#49 2019-12-01 18:07:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

I don't fully believe Crybaby's vig claim.

If you're town that's the only alternative. I'm not willing to entertain it until I see your flip.

Different55 wrote:

You guys don't think JaWapa is scum? His role sounds scummy to me. Like mad scientist type thing. "Who cares who dies as long as the plague is purged." His ability is a killing one, unless they're infected, it'd make a strong scum role.

peace wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Okay it's just occurred to me that jawapa isn't confirmed town. Unless you got his alignment in your result as well @peace?

its town sorry fi fogot tot say that yeha i go this exact role card in the same style as norboys role reveal and kirby's one also sying his wincodition is to eliminate all the infected players  right now that is to cure me and to kill diff to meet his win condition

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#50 2019-12-01 19:09:20

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Pqwerty wrote:

Also, @mutant how did you go from being 100% convinced that Kira is mafia in #467

mutantdevle wrote:

This has removed any doubt I had over Kira being the hitman instead of mafia. Kira is 100% mafia and this post ties the final knot in the noose needed to hang him.

to 100% convinced that he was the hitman and that Shadow was lying?
Kira is literally just repeating the same trick, except instead of saying "Oh I'm the hitman and I already won, so I don't care anymore", he's saying "Oh I'm the hitman and I give up on the game, so I don't care anymore". If you are actually the Hitman, you are breaking rule #2.

Onjit wrote:

2. Do not gamethrow. Play your role to win even if it seems dire, you never know what might happen.

Because Kira's claims fit the other facts we know. I never believed Shadow's claim and Kira's claim validates that. Kira's claim also nicely explains everything we were unsure of. The difference between Kira's new claim and his old one is that there are no holes in the new claim. Furthermore, he has no reason to lie. He's going to be lynched either way. Besides, at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter whether Kira is mafia or the hitman. He's being lynched today and his lynch confirms the information we have either way. 

Also, giving up is perfectly acceptable if it's a whole team decision. Mafia teams have given up in past games. Neutral roles are well within their right to give up.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Onjit1631616544791307

Board footer