Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-26 13:25:29, last edited by Onjit (2019-12-10 10:19:40)

Onjit
Website

Mafia 36 [KIRBY WINS!]

Welcome to Mafia 36!
Rules

1. Respect everyone, it's just a game, don't be a jerk.
2. Do not gamethrow. Play your role to win even if it seems dire, you never know what might happen.
3. Only discuss the game in this thread, or threads I assign to you.
4. Dead men tell no tales. Please use the graveyard thread if you have been eliminated.
5. Make all night actions via PM to me.
6. Don't use the mod text color please.
7. Try to post at least once every 24 hours.
8. Days will last 72 hours, nights will last 24 hours.
9. If you break the rules I will be rather ornery.
10. Have fun!

Setup

Shhhhhh it's a secret! Moving along...

End Game

The game will end when someone wins.

Players
  • ShadowsEdge

• Slabdrill Luka504

• mutantdevle

• Different55

• ZeldaXD

Graveyard
  • KirbyKareem (Brother In Arms) - Lynched Day 1

• Kirby (Kira (no the other one)) - Killed Night 1

• Kira (Mafia Blocker) - Lynched Day 2

• mrjawapa (Epidemiologist) - Killed Night 2

• Crybaby (Mafia Defender) - Lynched Day 3

• NorwegianboyEE (Innocent Child) - Killed Night 3

• peace (Mafia Role Cop) - Lynched Day 5

• Pqwerty(Hitman) - Lynched Day 6

:.|:;

#2 2019-11-26 23:20:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 36 [KIRBY WINS!]

I fully expect Onjit to have set traps for us in this game. He likes to troll and the setup being closed only increases the likelihood that there's something in this setup that's gonna **** up both town and mafia alike.

That said, I have no reason not to trust the IC announcement. Mostly because I trust the mechanics of it but also because Norwegianboy's approach to the start of this game is townie. Had he been scum and recieved a false confirmed town message he wouldn't be ****, he'd be trying to control us.

My vote today is going to default to Kareem unless he can convince me that his vote against Norwegianboy was naught but a joke.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2019-11-27 00:47:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Onjit wrote:

Any trickiness that may or may not exist will come from the setup, not my modposts.

But how do we know this post isn’t a trick? :thonking:

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2019-11-27 21:14:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:

if we're not voting kareem then we're voting peace

What makes you conclude we're not voting Kareem?

Your vote on peace, whilst makes sense, strikes me as a scummy opportunistic thing to do so confidently this early.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2019-11-27 21:51:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Yeah Kirby and Slabdrill, don't be ****!

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2019-11-28 10:46:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay I’m not here.

!vote KirbyKareem

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2019-11-28 17:33:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Well that wagon formed fast.

Actually it took helluva long time.
Half our time wasted before we get a decent wagon going? Holy ****.

You know what I meant lol

3 hours, 3 votes. 5 votes total after 7 hours. Sure there was some startup lag but once it started it move FAST.

What's your point? Do you have something to say about it or are you just helpfully narrating the game for us?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#8 2019-11-28 17:39:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Pqwerty wrote:

I don't mean to be defending Kareem

Why are you hesitant about defending Kareem?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#9 2019-11-28 22:33:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't know if Jester actually exists.

None of us do and I don't think we should be speculating about it either. It's not healthy for the sake of the game to be paranoid about there being a jester. Chances are it doesn't exist, if it does then it's unlikely to end the game when it wins and even if it would there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

If y'all think someone is being scummy, then call them scummy. If you don't think they're scummy enough to be a scum read then just keep investigating. But let's all just stop with this jester speculation nonsense. As far as I'm concerned, the only time talk of a jester will ever be relevant is if we somehow discover one exists through role shenanigans.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#10 2019-11-28 22:40:20

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

My point is SPEED. I say it was speed, Norboy says it took For. Ev. Er. I provide reasoning behind my belief of SPEED. I am generally not a fan of things that move with speed. If he wasn't IC I'd honestly suspect him which means my radar wrt him is 100% off because I always suspect his town game.

Yeah but what's you POINT? Like, it was SPEED. Okay, so what? Why do you find that to be significant, what conclusions are you making based off of it? So far you infer that you find speed to be scummy. If so, why? And Norwegian didn't form the wagon on his own, so whilst you don't have anything to conclude about him, what does it make you think about the others who partook in the SPEED?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#11 2019-11-28 22:52:46

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

i dotn get hwo everyone trusts zelda's claim even if KK flips mason what makes zelda being his partner then? did anyone iso both of hem to look for connections or just straight went wiht zelda's claim?

If Zelda is mafia and somehow guessed that Kareem is a mason BEFORE they flipped then they damn well deserve the false-confirmed town status.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2019-11-28 23:01:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

where is onjit to flip kareem though?

He's probably hanging upside down on the bottom of the Earth sleeping, like a bat.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#13 2019-11-30 09:10:52

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Unless Hitman is just a flavour name, traditionally it’s basically an executioner with extra steps.

They are given multiple targets (typically either 3 or 5) either 1 at a time or in a list. They sometimes have their own night kill and sometimes don’t (usually depending on their number of targets). To win the game all of their targets must die through any means (lynch, night kills, mod kills, etc.).

Again, Onjit’s version of the hitman could be completely different. But that’s my best guess based on what the role traditionally is.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#14 2019-11-30 10:21:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

This is my readslist from townie to scummy:

peace
Slabdrill
mrjawapa
ShadowsEdge
Different55
Crybaby
Pqwerty
Kira

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#15 2019-11-30 10:24:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill shouldn't be that high lol

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2019-11-30 10:41:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

That's a bad vote. Did you see my list? Try going 1 lower.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#17 2019-11-30 12:08:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

That’s got to be possibly the worst post Mutant has made in a game of mafia that i’ve ever seen.

The worst as in blatantly unconvincing or the worst as in you actually scum read me for it?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#18 2019-11-30 12:10:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

It isn't an SK role anyway, as Mutant pointed out.

I mean, did you not read the bit where I said it could have a night kill? The hitman is very much a threat to us. I reckon it'd probably have at least 1 shot.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#19 2019-11-30 12:13:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

**** somethign happaned to me this night i got infected by someone and now i cant win anymore as town i lost my full role and i cna only win by infectign people or i can get cured yeah this setup has some traps in it deffinetly okay someone whp has an cure role could cure me next night and i could help the town again i dont want to win wiht this infected role i want to win as town member

As someone who has been in a cult where the first thing that happens is the newly culted members claim I kinda feel bad for the cult leader that peace has claimed like this. But to be honest, they should have known better than to cult someone like peace lol.

Also, just a message to the cult here: Do not infect me. I will not play along with it. I will simply just stop playing the game if I get culted so don't bother.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#20 2019-11-30 12:17:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Peace, can you infect someone that doesn’t vote for you?

no i cant that is why diff infected eme i guess alos it doesnt say exatclty its a nurse that can heal me but it doesnt say exactly what role cna heal me heck we dont even know if the role exist (becuase of kirby's rolecard listing all possible roles) so yeah i have to infect someone that votes for me

So just to clarify, if nobody votes for you today, then you will die tonight? And Diff is more than likely the person who infected you?

I don't know about anyone else but I feel like this problem has resolved itself.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#21 2019-11-30 12:30:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If you can actually explain why Kira is the better vote in a way you usually do i might consider joining you. But that post was weird.

When I wrote that it wasn't really serious. I didn't genuinely expect you to vote for Kira, I just wanted to make as many posts as possible that made it clear that I think Kira is scum for when I die. I was setting myself up to be asked why I'm suspicious of Kira, to which I planned to give a vague 'I'll explain later' type answer. However, since Crybaby has claimed, my plan has changed.

I don't think Kira is scum. I know he is scum. I'm a faction cop, I investigated Kira, and he is mafia. My result told me that explicitly Kira's faction is mafia. So unless there's some bastard mechanics going on, we can rule out any redirections.

I wasn't planning on claiming this today. I wanted to instead get at least 1 other result before I traded myself in for either 2 scum or 1 scum and 1 confirmed town whilst spending today trying to look for Kira's partners. However, the development of an infection and Crybaby claiming vig means it's optimal that I do so.

So here's the plan:
- We lynch Kira.
- Crybaby shoots Diff.
- We just let peace die.

Whilst Zelda can technically no longer win I disagree with the plan to have him vote peace primarily because I'm not convinced that peace can actually be cured.

Also, I think Shadow is town because of his interactions with Kira. Assuming I'm right, that leaves 2 scum in Slabdrill, mrjawapa and Pqwerty.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#22 2019-11-30 12:33:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

okay so im a role cop and i investiagetd jawapa anothther reason i wanted to cliam is i made a mistake as i conffused my night resutl wih tmy new role jawapa is the Epidemiologist he is a town memeber that cacna cure me he can at night als investiagte if someone is infected becuase if he miss cures that person will die if he cures me i can check players again and share some results he cant cure patient zero and now i double think about it i think that is diffs role but im not sure so i was actualy quite happy that i knew i coudl be resourced because i woudl liek to find out more roles i can share here

Interesting. If what you say is true then that leaves Kira, Slabdrill, Pqwerty and Shadowsedge as the 3 mafia and hitman.

Whether or not we sacrifice Zelda to let you live I think should be Zelda's and mrjawapa's choice.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#23 2019-11-30 12:38:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

so you want an ROLE COP die? unless oyu have an good naswer on this i m not votin gkria yet

I hadn't read your claim when I wrote my post. I'm no longer FOR your death, but I'm now indifferent to it. As far as I'm concerned it's Zelda's and Jawapa's choice whether or not you live and I have nothing to do with it.

I think the game is already solved and you surviving only helps to verify that; I do think that would be useful because I feel like this solve has been too easy.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#24 2019-11-30 12:45:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay it's just occurred to me that jawapa isn't confirmed town. Unless you got his alignment in your result as well @peace?

To be honest, I think that Jawapa is probably scum based on the known mechanics alone. The power in the town is clearly designed to be offensive. The spread of the infection and the potential for multiple night kills with no protection is designed to control that. I expect the mafia to have at least a roleblocker and potentially a killing role. It would make sense for the mafia to have a role that protects themselves from the infection.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#25 2019-11-30 12:51:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:

Onjit messed up there, I’m not aligned with Mafia. I’m the Hitman. I have no choice but to claim now that the faction cop investigated me
That makes 3 confirmed townie

My win condition is completely different than what you might think, Onjit gave me a target and I will win when the target gets lynched.
In that case my target was Kareem and I have already won the game. I will side with the Town for the rest of the game or you can lynch me, it doesn’t really matter to me since I already won

I'm going to have to declare this ****.

Upon learning about the infection, I asked Onjit whether neutral factions will simply yield the result of 'neutral' or whether they'd be named as what they are to gauge whether or not I'd be able to tell the difference between the hitman and the infected. He basically told me that neutral factions would show up as being aligned with 'themselves'.

So what your claim suggests is that Onjit simply made a mistake when giving me the result. I don't believe that for more than 3 seconds (as in, when I read your claim, I initially took as face value for about 3 seconds). But that was genuinely a clever claim though and it was the best you could have done with the situation you are in.

!vote Kira

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)
Onjit1631616544791307

Board footer