Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#226 2019-11-10 00:00:42

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Mafia 35 game thread [MAFIA WINS] (GAME OVER)

mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

actually the question still stands

also vote count pls noobroy <3

I voted Zelda simply because I don't want to die. Like I say, if the ruleset was majority and not popularity I'd still be voting Kira. But I can't vote Kira if I'm lynched.

Prior to norboy posting votecount I thought Kira and Zelda wagons were even, so yeah that's why I asked

mutantdevle wrote:

Dear god shadow you sound like Crybaby

I don't really like this way of handling things, Mutant

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#227 2019-11-10 00:04:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

then you should surely be able to provide instances where you have been trying to solve the game, right?

I sure do:

Hidden text

There you go. This is a list showing the various times that I have said things with the intention of being able to read into the response. I got this list by doing a CTRL+F search of my iso. There's also some other non-question based stuff in there that I randomly picked out through specific memory of it/skim reading. Feel free to pick out any of these quotes to ask me what different responses I was predicting and how they would have affected my read.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#228 2019-11-10 00:05:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

You're trying to put doubt into my reason by saying "But would I do this?" That's the most scummiest way you could go about trying to defend yourself.

It's not a case of why would I do this, moreso why would anyone do this? It's a completely illogical way of going about the game.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#229 2019-11-10 00:11:07

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

re approach was to make him "think" that you had scum-read him, instead of actually scum-reading him, then why would you put the effort into creating an entire list dedicated to why you scum-read Crybaby.

1.) To reinforce the idea that I do scum read him.
2.) To give him the opportunity to rebut any of my reasoning for scum reading him.
3.) To clearly explain to others who may not have been keeping up with the argument why I scum read him.

When you scum read someone who is town it's often because there has been a misunderstanding. Giving him a fair chance to prove there's been a misunderstanding allows me to test whether or not he is actually town. It's important to maintain the illusion that you scum read them to keep their responses genuine. If scum knows you're only testing them rather than accusing them then they're more likely to manipulate you and work out how to pass your test.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#230 2019-11-10 00:16:08

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I prompted you to vote for Crybaby today. You could have easily made a conclusion, you made a conclusion on Crybaby before, claiming that you scum-read them (See the quote above). But instead of voting for Crybaby/NoNK, you deterred the vote over to Kira, because of... a lack of content? What reason do you have to vote for someone that hasn't said much over someone that you LITERALLY claimed as scum.

I literally give you explanations to both of these that you ignore to ask this question.

I didn't fully scum read Crybaby.
Voting for kira was a more useful thing to do with my vote whilst I figured Crybaby out.

If you're just going to dismiss both of those things due to your bias against me then there is no point in asking about them.

This is the probably I have with your case against me and why I find it stupid. Almost all of the things you've said against me can only be refuted by "you're wrong" (because you are wrong).

If you don't already see that I've been game solving, if you don't already see why I voted for Kira, if you don't believe me on my stance on Crybaby, why does me pointing any of it out/repeating it, stuff you've already looked at for yourself and made judgements on, make any difference?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#231 2019-11-10 00:22:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Crybaby was the one who cut the debate short, not because of replacing out. Crybaby replaced out D3 iirc. The debate stopped because Crybaby started a lynch against me, and thus changed the course of the debate. It was not cut short because of Crybaby's replacement, but instead because of Crybaby's intent.

I was very clearly still questioning Crybaby after he voted for you in this post. He never had the opportunity to respond to me. Meanwhile, I continued posting and mildly questioning other people. From questioning of taskmanager I concluded that his reasons for scum reading me were townie. My questions towards tofuu and Zelda yielding nothing I could make a solid conclusion on. And my post threating to vote for Kira if he didn't do anything resulted in my voting for him after he continued to not do anything (and after giving him plenty of time to).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#232 2019-11-10 00:25:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

Too bad. I'm in an aggressive mood. Trust me, I don't like it either. Being aggressive and having to defend yourself don't go hand in hand. But that's how I am right now and we all just have to deal with it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#233 2019-11-10 00:26:06

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Too bad. I'm in an aggressive mood. Trust me, I don't like it either. Being aggressive and having to defend yourself don't go hand in hand. But that's how I am right now and we all just have to deal with it.

this game is wicked

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#234 2019-11-10 00:28:21

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

So since it's almost certainly either mutant or zelda that's getting benched today, I'll just pick which seems scummier...

mutant seems pretty strongly town, and i've been getting some town vibes out of their posts. The only questionable thing is the strong will to survive, but I think unless you're our favourite norwegian doctor that's pretty normal behavior.

zelda is... a pretty good null read. They're always about this inactive, and I know I constantly read them as town in other games due to this; so I'm gonna try not treating them as as much of a townie.

!vote zelda

I'll be back later if it'll be useful to retract this or something, but for now this is what I've got.

suddenly random sig change

#235 2019-11-10 00:29:34

NoNK

ZeldaXD wrote:

Well I hope my death will be useful to town and give the necessary info on my voters to catch the scum.

This is how town loses games btw

Wooted by:

#236 2019-11-10 00:30:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Feel free to combine all my posts in a spoiler tomahawk/diff.

Unless anyone posts something before I finished eating my cheese sandwich this will be my last post before going to bed. You have my reads, you have my explanations, feel free to do what you want with that information.

Pedit:

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

this game is wicked

I'd like to say that said aggressiveness isn't game related but that I don't expect that to excuse any of what I've said; my words are still alignment indicative.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#237 2019-11-10 00:33:16

NoNK

We literally have 2 lynches left before we lose the game and suddenly everyone is saying "oh yeah zelda is null but ill vote him anyways" meanwhile zelda seems to have given up, meaning

(a) If he's mafia he is being bussed and/or is content with mafia's position in this game.
(b) If he's town it means he's a bad player

bad freaking vibes either way

#238 2019-11-10 00:35:13

NoNK

Literally in what world does town just say "well I'm dead" and proceed to not vote on the counterwagon knowing lylo is imminent

Wooted by:

rat

#239 2019-11-10 00:46:16

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

The day ends in 9 and a half hours or until a majority has been reached.
The majority for this day is [5]

[4] ZeldaXD: NoNK, mutantdevle, Taskmanager, Slabdrill [L-1]
[2] Mutantdevle: ShadowsEdge, Kira
Not voting: ILikeTofuuJoe, ZeldaXD, eleizibeth

I made a slight mistake. It’s approximately 9 and a half hours left until overtime from the time of this post.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#240 2019-11-10 00:46:48

NoNK

What makes me think that this particular game is going to be near impossible to win for town is that the vast majority of this game has no opinion of their own and is just content to follow what's popular, and I have no idea which of the followers are mafia, and if the leaders are mafia, then we lose just like in C9++ where I just played pied piper and lead all you fools astray.

DO SOMETHING ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE, PEOPLE!

#241 2019-11-10 00:49:30

ShadowsEdge

Hidden text

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#242 2019-11-10 01:18:03

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

wait majority is that low wtf

shadows' pressure on mutant just made me realize the point that their overfocus on maxi really isn't how i'm used to them playing from older mafs

!unvote

i'm still getting too many town vibes to actually want to vote them, but i'll reconsider for now (and make sure mafia cant just hammer before that happens)

#243 2019-11-10 01:31:28

NoNK

slab/shadow/task/nonk all town is good unless im wrong on task or shadow in which case town should lose for sucking

!vote kira

We should flashwagon kira

#244 2019-11-10 01:31:34

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

ok honestly, after remembering maxi's arguments i do think mutant is pretty scummy. a lot of their arguments have been pretty weak (i still don't understand their peace+mutant in the pool hunch they mentioned at the start of d2, for instance).

!vote mutantdevle

#245 2019-11-10 01:33:02

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

ZeldaXD wrote:

Why do you think mutant and/or shadow are scum?

i just don't think the voting pool on D2 was 3 town, i think there was at least 1 scum and i believe it was devle over shadow

mutantdevle wrote:

If either NoNK or eleizibeth flips scum the other is town. By default I consider them both null.

how am i connected to nonk? is it just because of process of elimination?

--
right now though, my vote is either going to devle or zelda. not bc of everyone else voting for them, those are just the two that strike me as the scummiest. BUT honestly, zelda strikes me as scum every game,, so i'm not sure. if anything happens before the day ends then that'll be the deciding factor.
also sorry i haven't been active, i just don't have enough energy to comprehend all these long posts, i'll have to read over the thread soon

#246 2019-11-10 01:34:33

Kira

I'll actually defend myself because I don't want to throw this game because of my inactivity.

I am town.

I cannot prove it. But I smell tobacco and gunfire on Mutantdevle's clothes. Therefore, he is mafia. I'm keeping my vote on him.

#247 2019-11-10 01:37:57

NoNK

While the act of getting votes quickly is in and of itself suspicious, I don't really find anyone that voted for zelda suspicious (myself, slab, task) except maybe mutant

!vote mutantdevle [L-1]

#248 2019-11-10 01:59:56

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

NoNK wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

Well I hope my death will be useful to town and give the necessary info on my voters to catch the scum.

This is how town loses games btw

No, town loses games by lynching townies.

gLjTZE1.png

#249 2019-11-10 02:03:32

ShadowsEdge

Zelda, can you say your opinion on the situation? I think it'd be helpful for everyone to know what your standings on everyone are.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

rat

#250 2019-11-10 02:36:46

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Zelda, can you say your opinion on the situation? I think it'd be helpful for everyone to know what your standings on everyone are.

Most townie
4: Onjit/ShadowsEdge: This read is mostly based on Onjit wanting replacement at the start of the game for apparently not being mafia anymore. When it comes to Shadows he is doing his usual narrator behavior which based on previous games is not determinant on whether he is town or mafia, he's a risky choice to put so high on this tier list because if scum he'll be complicated to catch, but I think this is a good decent temporal spot.
----- START OF THE NULL READ AREA -----
5: ILikeTofuuJoe: His posts don't strike me as if he is trying to manipulate town.
8: eleizibeth
3: Kira
----- END OF THE NULL READ AREA -----
1: Crybaby/NoNK: My read on him is mostly based on Crybaby.
7: mutantdevle: I generally agree with Shadows' post.
6: Slabdrill: His last post says "ok honestly, after remembering maxi's arguments i do think mutant is pretty scummy", but Taskmanager has never given really strong arguments against mutant to make him feel like mutant is "pretty scummy", Task has only accused mutant of being too quick to lynch peace, which is obvious to anyone, it doesn't really say anything.
9: Taskmanager: If mutantdevle is mafia, then I think Taskmanager is a very solid candidate for being his buddy, based on iso his relation with mutant is cold, distant, just some empty messages to try to distance eachother, "soft punching", if you read his iso and pay attention to posts where he talks about mutant you'll see what I mean. He said that "if two players agree with eachother most of the time thats what points to a connection between them" which could be him setting up the town psychologically to think exactly that, when he distances himself with mutant in a cold fashion so they don't look connected.
Most scummy

Not going to vote for anyone atm.

gLjTZE1.png

peace1574099629768214

Board footer