Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-10-31 02:28:42

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: mafia 34 maf gave up town wins

Luka504 wrote:

I don't like your buddy buddy relationship with norwegianboy, Devlin. Oh sure, you're trying to create distance between the two of you now, but in the past, not only have you defended him, but he also seemed to mirror your voting.

And just recently he put his trust into you over Kirby.

I stand by the logic with which I was defending him on day 1. The way the wagon formed on Norwegianboy was objectively scummier than how it formed on taskmanager. The conclusion being that task was given more value than Norwegianboy was. If task is the role blocker, and Norwegian is anything but the doctor, then that would also explain why Norwegianboy was given less value. Norwegianboy in buddying up to me has very clearly been capitalising on ignorance to the possibility that both he and task are mafia. This wouldn’t be the first time that the mafia has hidden behind my mistakes.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#52 2019-10-31 02:30:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:

I wanted to see what Devle had in store but that was extremely weak imo. It reminds me of Norwegianboys defense earlier, instead of defending himself he throws random attacks left and right hoping to divert the attention from him. That’s exactly what you’re doing right now.

The sentence that makes it all the more obvious that you are scum is

“There is no way he isn’t scum”

By saying this you want town to follow your absolute confidence or supposedly divert the attention onto someone else.

I’ve not really attacked anyone. I’ve just been giving reads.

Also, you were town reading me before I claimed. I don’t understand how you’re claim makes you trust me less?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#53 2019-10-31 02:31:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

No Devlin, you're not a confirmed townie. Your ties with norwegianboy are too strong for me to just ignore.

Wait, so you’re saying that even upon task flipping scum you still wouldn’t trust me?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#54 2019-10-31 02:33:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

I'm going to block Mutant if Norboy flips mafia

Why would you only do that if norboy flipped mafia? Surely you’d still role block me if he flipped town considering I’m claiming a guilty on you...

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#55 2019-10-31 02:38:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Devlin, when did I say that?

Okay, you’re misinterpreting me here. When I said I mentioned I was confirmed town I was talking about after task manager flips. I’m not saying I’m confirmed now. Just that I’m frustrated by how much unjustified resistance I’m getting to my claim and that I wouldn’t have that frustration tomorrow if we lynched taskmanager whereas we still would if we lynched Norwegianboy.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#56 2019-10-31 03:14:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Devlin, enough.

I do not trust you, and after norboy flips mafia I want you to join him on the noose. Your behavior is just too weird.

I don't know what you're doing right now. Your points are just bad; do you expect me to take you seriously when you spout "so you're saying" arguments and wild hypothetical scenarios?

Your ties with norwegianboy are still there, and regardless of your attempts at justifying them, they won't just disappear. They happened, and they're a black mark on your forehead that you can't wash of.

???? I seriously do not understand what you are on about.

What about my points are bad? Which points are you even referring to?
What ‘so you’re saying’ arguments are you on about. I’ve not even said anything like that. I don’t understand what wild hypotheticals you’re referring to because everything I’ve said has been grounded.

Why would you question why I think you wouldn’t trust me even after task flips as though I’m some kind of moron whose putting words in your mouth and then in your very next post literally **** say you could never trust me because of my previous defence of Norwegianboy??? Like I don’t understand what you’re doing

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#57 2019-10-31 03:15:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Also can you not refer to me as Devlin it **** me off

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#58 2019-10-31 13:56:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'd just like to apologise for the way I was acting last night. In that frame of mind I shouldn't have been using the forums let alone trying to play mafia. 

mutantdevle wrote:

Also can you not refer to me as Devlin it **** me off

This isn't true. Feel free to refer to me as Devlin //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#59 2019-10-31 13:58:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
Kirby wrote:

if i somehow don't get roleblocked tonight, who should i investigate N2?

2B maybe

You are in no position to advise on who should be investigated lol.

Hhahahahahah
Look who's talking
You're in no position either cause you very well know how this will end for you

I never said I was - hence why I didn't offer up my own suggestion as to who I think Kirby should investigate.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#60 2019-10-31 14:16:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

"So you're saying" arguments are very fallacious and are only really ever used in bad faith. They're used to rewrite what the other person has said to make it easier to attack; a strawman, essentially.

"So you're saying" is only fallacious when used in the context of trying to shade someone. I don't know whether I poorly communicated to you or whether you're just reading my tone wrong, but I'm clearly just trying to understand the point you're trying to make/what you're thought process is. At no point have I attacked you for it.

Luka504 wrote:

These are wild hypothetical 'what if' questions that describe scenarios that are unlikely to happen. Again, often used in bad faith because they're, in most cases, misleading.
Aside from the innocent child, the possibility for any role to screw up always exists. Cops can investigate someone who ends up dying that same night, vigis could end up shooting someone innocent, and doctors could end up saving a mafia's life from a vigi bullet.
That's the inherent risk of being a power role; you risk making things worse for your faction, and using what as grounds to lynch someone is pretty stupid.

I don't understand why you think those hypotheticals are unlikely to happen. There's nothing wild or crazy about what I've been saying. The roleblocker, if left alive, is going to block someone. Considering we have several claimed cops that's almost certainly going to take the form of them preventing a cop from getting more information. What part of pointing that out is intended to mislead you?

I don't see why our own power roles screwing up is relevant to eliminating the mafia roleblocker. Just because there's a chance things could go wrong anyway doesn't mean we shouldn't eliminate the threat that actively tries to make things go wrong.

Luka504 wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

then in your very next post literally **** say you could never trust me because of my previous defence of Norwegianboy???

I literally did not do that.

What are you saying then? Would or would you not trust me if taskmanager is scum? Because what you're telling me is that you don't trust me because of my links to norwegianboy. Nobody is denying that norwegianboy is scum. Norwegianboy is still going to be scum even when TaskManager flips. Hence, is it not logical to conclude that even with taskmanager's flip you wouldn't trust me?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#61 2019-10-31 14:19:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

But if we lynch Norboy today and he flips scum, Mutant is almost definitely his scum buddy, and then we don't have to sacrifice myself to prove mutant's guilt

I'd like to just point out that yet again TaskManager leaves open the possibility that I am town. I am claiming a guilty on you task. If you were really town then from your point of view there should be no way that I'm not scum - regardless of Norwegianboy's flip.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#62 2019-10-31 14:23:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

why is peace's mafia causing so many breakdowns //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I'd just like to say that my 'breakdown' was completely unrelated to the game. Though, it's possible that peace's typing may have given me a minor seizure at some point that took a while to take effect.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#63 2019-10-31 14:25:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

Mutant what are you going to do if I flip green?

Have another breakdown.
Yell at peace.
Cry.
Hate myself.

Not necessarily in that order.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#64 2019-10-31 14:26:41

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

Also, you were town reading me before I claimed. I don’t understand how you’re claim makes you trust me less?

This should say "I don't understand how my claim makes you trust me less.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#65 2019-10-31 14:34:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:

Mafia has a Roleblocker + a free kill, so 2 cops will be entirely useless tonight

Kira considering you said this why do you still feel that it's better to lynch norwegianboy before taskmanager?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#66 2019-10-31 14:34:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

This should say "I don't understand how my claim makes you trust me less.

Where's that from
Are you talking to me

No it was to Kira.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#67 2019-10-31 15:06:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay, it's probably a little early for this, but based on today's events I have a hypothesis on who I think all the mafia are. I think the mafia team is TaskManager, Norwegianboy, jawapa, Crybaby, and 2B55.

The first 2 are simply that we have guilties on them.

I think jawapa is scum primarily because of his reaction of scepticism towards Kirby and his then turn to try and discredit me. I don't really see why he'd believe my claim but not Kirby's. I think jawapa was comfortable with losing one of his teammates to a guilty but drew the line at 2 and hence tried to shut one of us down. He realised pretty quickly that there was no real way to discredit Kirby so switched to me considering people were already sceptical.

This is where Crybaby comes in. His claim is what justifies the scepticism of mine. He's claiming role cops don't see alignment but I'm claiming they do. Furthermore, by not directly claiming I'm scum, it gives him wiggle room after my flip. It's actually a pretty clever fake claim given how peace makes the details of roles somewhat ambiguous. But the thing is, peace has already told us how the role works:

peace wrote:

town role cop get sto know the role card saying the role name and the faction

This is taken from https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 33#p765933 in the sign-up thread.

Finally, I think 2B55 is the last member based on my speculation around taskmanager yesterday. 2B55 very clearly didn't want to vote for taskmanager back then but set himself up to have a reason to be on the wagon if it ever got to the stage where taskmanager was more than likely going to be lynched. He's also been oddly absent from the game which is unlike him at all so that makes me think he is mafia too.

Admittedly, some of this is just speculation. But this is where my head's at right now and I honestly can't see much if any of it being wrong.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#68 2019-10-31 15:10:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Assuming Kirby didn't make any mistakes, I think the vote count is:

norb   - kirby, luka, task
task   - mutant, norb, 2B55, Zelda
mutant - crybaby
jawapa   - onjit

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#69 2019-10-31 15:14:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
Kira wrote:

Mafia has a Roleblocker + a free kill, so 2 cops will be entirely useless tonight

Kira considering you said this why do you still feel that it's better to lynch norwegianboy before taskmanager?

Remember that town can roleblock and roleblocker.

-> We roleblock Taskmanager, we prevent Norwegianboy using his unknown night ability, it’s a win.

I hadn't thought of that previously; that makes me less opposed to lynching norwegianboy first than I was previously. However, I'd still prefer task since some of y'all want to use norwegian's flip as an excuse to put my head on a pike when task's flip will prove that no pike is needed.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#70 2019-10-31 17:53:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

uh yeah when did 2b vote for me??

For some reason I thought he voted for you in #540. I'm blaming this one on the Mandela effect.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#71 2019-10-31 17:55:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kirby wrote:

what if we reverse engineer the EE system peace used to randomize the roles

I already tried it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue He doesn't list peoples names in the world.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#72 2019-11-02 11:54:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Oh **** guys I made a mistake. Turns out I was reading Norwegianboy’s role PM not my investigation result on taskmanager. Whoopsie.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#73 2019-11-02 12:22:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I tried to investigate taskmanager yesterday but I was roleblocked. So I assumed it was him that roleblocked me and that he was mafia. When I saw that norwegianboy was the mafia roleblocker it made me realise that I was wrong so I tried to investigate him a second time but stupid dead jawapa roleblocked me again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#74 2019-11-02 13:18:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

What, there's 2 mafia role blockers???

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#75 2019-11-02 13:23:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website