Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-27 13:02:29, last edited by peace (2019-11-02 18:27:04)

peace

mafia 34 maf gave up town wins

hi welcome to mafia 34 here are some rules:

all roles

majority is needed to lynch if at the end of the day majority+1 poeple have casted a vote on someone the person wiht th emost votes will be lynched unless its a tie
days last 72 horus aand nights 24 hours day 1 coudl last 48 hours if wanted (early **** phase) there is twilight lynched person cant talk anymore unless hes is being ninja'd (he is at L-1 makes a long post to share results as a cop in mean time gets lynched)

rules are simple same as every mafia gme:
1. forum rules however you may double post
2. no game htorwing
3. be nices its just a game dicusss anythign wih tme via pm if you don tliek something
4. no inactivety its hard to read you if you are you can requets a prod on someone byt saying !prod (name) (make votes clear also wiht lynches by using tags so i dont accidentaly miss a vote as i mostly will skimread the thread only to pick out votes)
5. outopord at 24 hours you have 24 hours to respond to a prod otherwise youre gonna get replaced or maby even modkilled you get replaced/modkilled after 3 prods aswell
6. please make votes/lynches clear by useing tags i will mostly only skimread the thread and i dont want to miss a vote eihter use H tag or B tag those 2 are quite clear
7. this is my modtext color do not use anythign close to this color (#ffbb00)
8. if i forgot an important rule please say it or if you have some questions about rules its myfirst mafia game i host

players: (green alive, red dead)
1. onjit
2. norweg (maf RB)
3. mutant
4. task
5. crybaby
6. 2b
7. luka
8. daneeko slabdrill
9. bimps
10. kira

11. mrjawapa (town RB)
12. zelda
13. eleizabeth

14. proc (one-shotdoc0
15. kirby

timetable

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2019-10-27 19:22:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: mafia 34 maf gave up town wins

peace wrote:

onjit he is the innonent child

You only gave him this role because he let you host.

Bimps wrote:

I don't think that's how the innocent child role works but ok peace

To be fair, the variant where the IC decides when to be revealed is actually less common than the variant that peace is using.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2019-10-27 19:25:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

Not worth it to lynch in the dark with a setup like this where we risk losing a PR if we mislynch.

33% of the players alive right now are aligned with the mafia. It's definitely worth it to 'lynch in the dark'.

Though given the number of players I think it's unlikely we're going to ever reach a majority.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2019-10-27 19:33:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

because we made a pact in discord before the game started to lynch IC

Why wasn't I invited?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2019-10-27 19:38:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Why wasn't I invited?

Why aren't you active in Proc's Discord?

Why is his discord filled with uninteresting noobs?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2019-10-27 19:39:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

oh come on zelda
You were there when it was made
i think

I was and I said it was 100% anti-town.

ok mr party pooper
if onjit flips town lynch me day 4

Is there anyone voting for Onjit that wasn't a part of this pact?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2019-10-27 19:45:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:
Bimps wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Why wasn't I invited?

Why aren't you active in Proc's Discord?

Why would anyone be active in proc's discord?

Because you get to enjoy Atilla and Diff debating over what qualifies as furry content.

It says a lot about the quality of the server's content when this is genuinely one of the most interesting things about it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (5)

#8 2019-10-27 19:48:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:

This vote is quite clear and straightforward. I propose we lynch an obvious scum, for the following reasons:
-Isolate his posts and it will be as clear as the day, as dark as the night. He is trying to play it off as if he was inexperienced and everything he does as a townie ends up as a fail, but hold the phone right there matey: this time he has an absolute confidence in himself that he will overthrow and overcome this game as flawlessly as possible, he knows that no one can get in his way.
-Reason number 2, if you don’t lynch him I will personally shoot him night 1

Reason #3: If he is actually a doctor then it will be funny.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#9 2019-10-27 19:50:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

I love how peace is still trying to be a serious host, yet everyone refuses to take this game with even the tiniest grain of seriousness.

I'd describe this game as semi-serious tbh. I expect people will start taking the game more seriously within a few hours.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#10 2019-10-27 20:05:41

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

To be absolutely fair to peace, there's actually a chance that he can run this game without **** it up.

2 things that will always be a given with peace hosting games:
> His posts will be hard to read.
> The setup will be horribly unbalanced.

And the third factor:
> There is a strong chance he makes a mistake that ruins the game.

His posts being hard to read is tolerable, most games on this site are unbalanced anyway, and there is no guarantee that he does actually ruin the game. So whilst the game will inherently be meme-y, we should at least make some attempt to take the game seriously even if that's not to the same extent as other games.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#11 2019-10-27 23:52:19

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I would vote for task with you guys but Onjit specifically said switch your votes and since I wasn’t voting for anyone I guess I can’t do that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#12 2019-10-28 11:14:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

NorwegianBoy town.

Task sus.

!vote TaskManager

This post actually makes more sense than it first appears.

Given how fast Norwegian's wagon came together and how little hesitation there was behind the votes I think that gives Norwegianboy at least a few town points.

However, despite TaskManager's wagon being formed in a similar way, I don't hold it to the same standard. First of all, we know that it's mere suggestion is town motivated - that's not something we can be sure about on Norwegian's wagon. That said, I don't believe Onjit has any substantial reason to be voting for Task. The wagon is random. But I'm much more comfortable with a random wagon started by a confirmed town player than a random wagon started by someone we don't know we can trust. I'm also seeing more hesitation around voting for task which would also indicate that there's a chance he's not town.

So we are in a situation where Onjit has either randomly declared a lynch on a townie or randomly declared a lynch on scum. If task is town then the mafia would 100% have been eager to jump on the wagon and 1 or 2 of them are probably on the wagon already. On the other hand, if task is mafia then the other mafia members are the players who have been far more hesitant and may only be looking to join the wagon towards the end of it. So given the amount of information we can learn from this as well as the slight hints that this is indeed a wagon on scum, all memes aside TaskManager is a pretty good lynch for day 1.

!vote TaskManager

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#13 2019-10-28 11:22:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

That's L-1 I believe.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#14 2019-10-28 12:08:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

i for one see that people are eager to hop on it

People are still eager, yes. I'd say they are about as eager as the previous wagon. But there are more people who are hesitant.

Your claim doesn't really do much for me personally. I'm comfortable with my vote.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#15 2019-10-28 13:37:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

But you're forgetting that all but two of the votes on NorwegianBoy were jokes.

I'm not. The fact that the Norwegian wagon was comprised of mostly joke votes is evidence that he is town. It shows a lack of care towards the wagon and holds norweiganboy to no value. In contrast, the TaskManager wagon is more considered with a few people expressing clear hesitation, aka the fate of him holds value to people - I doubt that change in attitude is as simple as a switch of not taking the game seriously vs taking it seriously.

Luka504 wrote:

But most of the votes piled on Taskmanager aren't. Proc, crybaby, norwegianboy and you are definitely suspicious.

I notice that you exempt yourself from this list. Are you suggesting we shouldn't hold you accountable for your vote because it was a joke?

Luka504 wrote:

My theory? You know that Onjit started a wagon on the wrong dude and are now using that as an excuse to push a lynch on Taskmanager.

Onjit is barely relevant to why I think TaskManager should be lynched - all it does is give the wagon trustworthy footing. What happened afterwards is what is crucial because confirming task's alignment gives us lots of information.

Luka504 wrote:

Theoretically speaking, if Norwegianboy really was mafia, then some of the joke votes could have been made by mafia members.

I'd argue that Norwegianboy being town makes it more likely that the joke votes were made by mafia. The mafia are less likely to vote for each other even as a joke. So the fact that he got so many votes is exactly why I think he's towny.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2019-10-28 13:42:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby is acting really overly aggressive right now and I can't help but feel like it's due to factors outside of the game?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#17 2019-10-28 13:48:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

I've had no sleep.

I missed this part.

Sleep deprivation alone doesn't really paint a full picture for me. I apologise if I'm being insensitive here but I'm just trying to establish whether I should be factoring your outburst into my read of you.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#18 2019-10-28 23:02:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Joke votes are inherently worthless to observe because they're, well, joke votes.

Hard to get anything meaningful from? Sure. Worthless? Hell no. From the moment someone reads their role PM every action they take becomes naturally alignment indicative. It is pretty much objective that scum players would be less likely to vote for scum players, even as a joke, than a town player would. Town have no bias when placing a joke vote but scum do. No matter how far they try to remove themselves from their alignment for the sake of a joke, scum would consciously know they are voting another scum member. So whilst I cannot make any statements like "X wouldn't joke vote as scum so they are Y alignment", what I can do is look at a trend of people voting someone and make conclusions on their alignment based on probability.

Luka504 wrote:

Are you criticizing me... For not putting myself in my suspect list?

I see your point. However, I felt that your post was glossing over the fact that from other's points of view you'd very much deserve to be on that list. A little acknowledgement of that would have been nice.

Luka504 wrote:

Really, now? Because I'd argue that NorBoy's flip will yield far more valuable information than Task's.
If he flips mafia like I believe he might, then that puts people who hastily voted for Taskmanager in quite a pickle.

And if he flips town? We don't learn too much - or at least, we don't learn much that is useful to us without also then flipping Task. On the other hand, we learn quite a lot about various people regardless of whether Task flips mafia or town as I have highlighted in one of my previous posts - and the best part about that is most of these conclusions can be made without flipping norwegianboy too.

Luka504 wrote:

So why are you giving Norwegianboy the benefit of the doubt, but not Taskmanager? He received a ton of votes just like Norwegianboy did, so what gives?
Shouldn't they both be townies for you?

I've already explained this...

mutantdevle wrote:

I'm also seeing more hesitation around voting for task which would also indicate that there's a chance he's not town.

mutantdevle wrote:

the TaskManager wagon is more considered with a few people expressing clear hesitation, aka the fate of him holds value to people - I doubt that change in attitude is as simple as a switch of not taking the game seriously vs taking it seriously.

To put it simply, more people cared about taskmanager being lynched than they did norwegianboy being lynched. Technically, none of this is really particularly good evidence that norwegianboy is town and task is scum. What it does suggest however is that norwegianboy is townier than task is. So theoretically, that could mean they are both town but the way the wagons have formed just makes task look scummier or they could both be scum and norwegianboy looks townier out of the two. So considering that, combined with task's lynch having a greater potential for information than norwegianboy's, I think task is the better lynch.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#19 2019-10-28 23:17:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

Onjit doesn't know more than any of us, so why should his judgement be any more valid?

Both the wagon on norwegianboy and the wagon on you were started randomly. By that I mean there was no knowledge of either of you that influenced the creation of the wagons. The wagon on norwegianboy was started by someone whose alignment we do not know. If that player was town, then there was no bias behind starting the wagon. If they were mafia, then they are more likely to have started a wagon on a town player than a mafia player. We know Onjit is town. Hence, when he starts a random wagon, we know there is no bias at play. So whilst this does not guarantee by any metric that you are scum, it does make it more likely in the closed system of random wagons.

As I have stated before, Onjit being the founder of the wagon is the smallest factor in my reasoning for voting for you. So it's nice of you to not only choose to attack exclusively that part of my reasoning but then base a scum read on me for it. Do you not have anything to say about the numerous people who are only voting for you because Onjit told them to?

TaskManager wrote:

Praising Onjit's allegedly perfect judgement that stems from his Town confirmation.

When have I ever praised Onjit's judgement? I described his decision to wagon you as random which is kinda the opposite of 'perfect'.

TaskManager wrote:

You're trying to push the idea that people were hesitant to vote me, yet I got from 1 vote (by Onjit) to L-1 in 13 hours!

And norwegianboy went from 1 vote (by Kirby) to L-2 in 4 hours. And unlike with your wagon, nobody ever expressed any hesitation to vote for him.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#20 2019-10-28 23:26:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Yeah i thought about the setup and it seems better to no lynch than doing blind shots.

Well, you're wrong.

ZeldaXD wrote:

There's a 35% chance of randomly lynching a mafia, but then again there's a 65% chance of randomly lynching a town PR.

On day 2 there's going to be quite a high chance that instead of lynching scum we lynch a town PR. So I guess we shouldn't lynch day 2 either (I mean, I guess it's kinda different since we'd probably have some cop results to go on, but I just find this idea of willingly depriving ourselves of information ludicrous).

Everybody here is a PR of some description. And when everyone is super, no one will be.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#21 2019-10-28 23:45:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

Tu quoque
It still doesn't make my wagon a slow and hesitant one

I wasn't making you out to be hypocritical. Your point was flawed due to ignorance - there was no hypocrisy about it. Just like again you've been ignorant (probably intentionally) of relativity. Sure, 13 hours is not a long time to have gained votes in. But it is longer compared to norwegianboy. People were more hesitant about voting you. This shows that people care about you more than they do norwegianboy. By lynching you, we gain more information than we would from lynching norwegianboy. My entire point this whole time is that, based on wagon composition, you are more likely to be scum than norwegianboy is.

TaskManager wrote:

Plus, I don't know about others, but I voted Norboy after he jokingly claimed Doc, which was me obviously playing along

I've not criticised you for your voting, so it's odd that you've brought this up. Though personally I do not excuse your vote from being indicative of your alignment just because you claim it's a joke. The only person I'm really willing to ignore the votes of is proc since he's been on all 3 wagons (if we include the initial wagon on Onjit) for seemingly meme-y reasons. Actually, thinking about it, I think proc being on all those wagons is probably a slight indication that he's town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#22 2019-10-28 23:49:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

No, everyone is still super because every townie but Onjit have abilities that help town if used correctly, depriving ourselves from such abilities is detrimental to town. What if we accidentally lynch a cop today? Tomorrow instead of 3 cops with info we will have 2. We risk more by lynching today.

TaskManager isn't a cop. If we lynch him there's 0 risk of lynching a cop. In fact, he's claimed that he's a roleblocker. So he's either a town roleblocker or a scum roleblocker. Either way, he runs the risk of preventing a cop from getting their result. So if you want to factor in the value of each role, task looks like a pretty good lynch from that angle too.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#23 2019-10-28 23:59:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

The only person I'm really willing to ignore the votes of is proc since he's been on all 3 wagons (if we include the initial wagon on Onjit) for seemingly meme-y reasons. Actually, thinking about it, I think proc being on all those wagons is probably a slight indication that he's town.

I got this wrong. It was luka who voted on all 3 wagons not proc.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#24 2019-10-29 00:18:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Do you not have anything to say about the numerous people who are only voting for you because Onjit told them to?

I don't know
Do you?

Yes.

Non-hesitators:
Luka was voting norwegianboy before switching to you without much hesitation. If you are mafia then that gives me no reason not to believe Luka when he says his votes were joke votes. If you are town then whilst I think that would make luka slightly suspicious the fact that he was on all 3 wagons would suggest to me that his votes were probably all jokes.
Jawapa did not hesitate to vote you as well. If you are town this makes jawapa look suspicious. If you are scum then that gives jawapa some town credit though I don't consider it impossible that he'd bus.
Kirby also changed from norwegianboy to you when Onjit said to do so. So if you are town, Kirby is also highly suspicious. If you are scum then, unlike jawapa who never voted norwegianboy, I don't think Kirby deserves any town credit for following the crowd.
Proc when straight from voting Onjit to voting for you. If you are town then I again think that indicates proc being opportunistic scum. Like jawapa, he never voted norwegianboy so if you are mafia then I think that indicates proc being town.

These people are the main ones who I think would look scummiest if you flipped town. That's not to say, however, that they are necessarily all scum or that there'd be no scum in the later part of the wagon.

Hesitators:
Crybaby did intend to vote for you but eventually decided not to. Him considering it is the important bit. If you are scum, then I think he would be scum also.
2B55 expressed an interest in the wagon but ultimately declared that he'd only join it at the end. Similarly to Crybaby, if you are scum then I think that makes 2B55 quite scummy. Though, if you are town, I still think that kind of stance from 2B55 could still come from scum.
Norwegianboy only decided to vote for you after I had expressed my own reasoning for joining the wagon despite being present and engaged with the game beforehand. I think it's very likely that if you are scum then he was bussing you. Him then changing his mind to no lynch once consensus turns away from you just reinforces that.

Likewise, you being scum would not necessarily make all of these people scum nor does it mean that all the non-hesitators aren't scum.

Do you notice a pattern here? Every single one of my thoughts on these players cannot be determined unless you flip. If you aren't lynched then all I can do is speculate on these thoughts based on my read of you.

TaskManager wrote:

It didn't seem to bother you when you cast the vote
And on the other hand you're still arguing that people hesitate hopping on this wagon
Pick a side, dude

Reading the people already on the wagon is a large part of why I want to lynch you as I believe there are conclusions to be made about them regardless of your flip. That was something I expressed before this post so why would you think it would bother me? My points about the hesitation was not a criticism of anyone currently, it was an assessment of things that happened in the past. I'm not entirely sure what 'sides' your referring to or what one you think I'm on?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#25 2019-10-29 00:18:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Oh are people actually starting to take the game serious now?

Isn't this like the 3rd time you've said something like this?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

peace1572778032767219

Board footer