Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-14 11:09:49, last edited by mutantdevle (2019-10-25 23:12:38)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Mafia 33 [Friday Wins!]

Rules (Stolen from Onjit):

1. Respect everyone, it's just a game, don't be a jerk.
2. Do not gamethrow. Play your role to win even if it seems dire, you never know what might happen.
3. Only discuss the game in this thread, or threads I assign to you.
4. Dead men tell no tales. Please use the graveyard thread if you have been eliminated.
5. Make all night actions via PM to me.
6. Don't use the mod text color please.
7. Try to post at least once every 24 hours.
8. Days will last 72 hours, nights will last 24 hours.
9. If you break the rules I will be rather bad-tempered or difficult to deal with (informal North American adjective).
10. Have fun!

For further rules read this: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p … meSpecific

The rules are pretty much common sense tbh. I reserve the right to punish you for doing anything that breaks the game even if it is not explicitly stated here.

The setup is this: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B

I have used a random number generator to get 7 numbers. These numbers then decide what roles are in the game. If you do not fully understand how the setup works then all you need to know is that the only roles possible are listed in the 'example roles' section of that link. I will be using the role PMs stated there.

- Despite what is implied in the example roles, all PTs in this game will be open both day and night.

The players whomst are alive:

3. ZeldaXD
7. TaskManager
8. Daneeko
9. ShadowsEdge
13. NoNK

Those whomst reside in the grave:

peace the vanilla townie died day 1.
Crybaby the vanilla townie died night 1.
NorwegianboyEE the Doctor died day 2.
Kira the vanilla townie died night 2.
Slabdrill the vanilla townie died night 2.
Onjit the Serial Killer died day 3.
Different55 the 1-shot vig died night 3.
mrjawapa the vanilla townie died day 4.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#2 2019-10-15 14:13:22

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 33 [Friday Wins!]

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

There are either 3 or 2 mafia in the scum team.
Also there is a 50% chance we have a serial killer.

If we assume the worst, then we'd have four people to find. If it turns out the best, then it's only a minimum of two. Fairly obvious, but still noting it.

NoNK wrote:

The game already ended. Why are you still posting? We've already moved onto mafia 36.

What happened to Mafia 42? That one was my favorite, how could you forget about it.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#3 2019-10-15 15:23:30

ShadowsEdge

NoNK wrote:

Not reading your role card is a good strategy if you turn out to be an anti-town role, but if you're town, you're basically shooting us all in the foot by preventing us from being able to read you on day 1.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Not reading your rolecard makes you useless since you’re neither on the side of town or scum. This means you are anti-town. That makes you our enemy since you’re either scum or lethargic town that isn’t willing to scumhunt. Best bet? Lynch the **** outta ya.

Not sure if y'all are being serious about this or not because most of what's been going on so far has been jokes. I'm pretty sure Jawapa isn't actually doing that. He said it publicly, right after NoNK's and Onjit's whole thing, so I'm pretty sure he just said it in response as a joke. Plus, if he really was doing it as a tactic, I doubt he would say it out loud that he's not reading his rolecard.

~BeepnBoop

#4 2019-10-16 15:48:55

ShadowsEdge

Ayo, sorry for inactivity, had band practice last night and was just out of it so I went to sleep.

I can't say all too much about the Peace wagon, though, because most of my thoughts on it are the same thoughts that others have already presented. Basically, I feel that, though Peace has proven to be fairly scummy, because of reasons mentioned by others, the wagon is building too quickly.

The only person who I really see trying to push the wagon quickly is Daneeko, sentiment on him has already been mentioned.

Although, I don't believe that Peace is innocent, despite Daneeko pushing the wagon:

peace wrote:

noweg stop makign me dead becuase i voted for you crybaby stop talkign to yourself and go solve thegame really...

Just one of the parts of his that I noticed. Norwegian brought it up before, but his accusations have been mainly just "Oh this person seems suspicious!!" while not providing any reasoning for why. And then Norwegian calls Peace out for it, lynches him, and Peace's response is basically "Stop voting for me because I voted for you." It's a weak response, and provides no information to why he is innocent.

In my opinion, Peace has been sort of just throwing stuff around and hoping that they stick. If he really is town and is being framed, then he's not really doing the best job at proving himself innocent.

Can't really say much more about it all, because most of what needs to be said has already been said. I do agree with Norwegian and others that there should be time to look into the possibilities, and to have discussion. So I'm not going to be lynching Peace yet.

Anyway, I have school in a bit, so I'll be somewhat inactive again, but just wanted to put some of my thoughts out there.

~BeepnBoop

#5 2019-10-16 15:51:25

ShadowsEdge

Kira wrote:

Voting task because he started suspecting me

I think Kira got hacked by Peace because this is the exact same response Peace had to Norwegian.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#6 2019-10-17 16:43:25

ShadowsEdge

Alright I'm up now. There's not really much I can comment on but I'll respond to these.

Different55 wrote:

And if you two happen to be maf, then if both Daneeko and Peace are town you two just singlehandedly (...doublehandedly?) set yourselves up a nice little tidy way to keep town off your backs for the whole first 2 days.

Odds are low of PR collision, at least if I did this right. There's only a 1.11% chance of being multiple (full, non-oneshot) cops and that sounds about right. Docs have better odds, at about 2.33%. Odds of multiple Vigs or Roleblockers is sub-1%.

I think the point is that of everyone, Peace is the most suspicious out of everyone. And as much as I would like to advocate for him (Since I was in the same position last game), Peace is not doing anything on his own part to clear his name. He's just throwing blind accusations at other people and using weak reasonings to say why he isn't scum. His only saving grace is that the wagon against him was growing quickly. And the reason in part for that is because of the evidence that was brought up against him, because of how he played from this game being very similar to how he played as scum.

Norwegian has tried to give Peace the benefit of the doubt, and has asked multiple times for Peace's defense, but every time Peace comes up with a BS excuse of why they aren't scum, and instead just throws accusations at other people.

If Peace does indeed flip town, then obviously it would be worth reconsidering our options.

peace wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

What do you mean by: "I would like to know my relation with Daneeko"
?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If Peace is lynched and flips green i would take a closer look at Daneeko and maybe Kira since Different55 does have a point that the late voters in the wagon might be trying to quicklynch.
Actually, **** it. If Peace flips red i'd still be wary of Daneeko and Kira, there is nothing stopping the scum team from bussing Peace since they probably perceive him as a weaker teammate. (Nothing personal Peace, but this is the truth.)
I also agree with ZeldaXD that Jawapa has been acting kinda weird this game, i'm not sure if it's scum weird or just "I don't really care how i'm perceived and am going to troll the entire game" weird. Either way it's anti-town.

It's kind of obvious, Daneeko was pushing for your lynch, so if you flip town, then that means we should look into Daneeko. Others pushed for the lynch as well, but specifically Daneeko was trying to force the lynch, and was the one who was most heavily pushing for the lynch to finish as soon as possible. And if you do flip scum, then it doesn't ratify Daneeko, because of the point that they could have been bussing you.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Peace i'm telling you that if you don't roleclaim right now i'm going to hammer your lynch, so it doesn't matter if it's "safe" for you to roleclaim in this setup since you are going to be lynched and everyone will know your role regardless.

I think what Peace is referring to is possible CC's. Task made a post about it earlier:

TaskManager wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Do i smell PR speculation?

Depends on what you define as PR speculation
I've been thinking whether it makes sense to claim if you're a PR and you're close to being lynched. If the Town has, say, 2 cops, and the person in question claims cop, the other cop will counterclaim and it's very obviously confusing the Town as well as giving mafia a large advantage

But if that's the case then either Peace revealed himself as a PR, or he's scum not wanting to RC.

Anyway, there's my thoughts, I should be able to talk relatively more for the upcoming days. I personally think that Peace is scum, just because of the evidence and lack of a valid defense on Peace's part. Although, I'd rather wait for a response from Peace than hammer it.

~BeepnBoop

#7 2019-10-19 00:54:59

ShadowsEdge

Alright I just realized that day started so now I'm gonna put in my thoughts.

I really don't know how I feel about Daneeko. Given the outcome of Peace's lynch, I want to reconsider my stance on him, in the case that it's similar to Peace, where he is innocent, but just does really suspicious stuff. But he's still pushing on with the same sentiment of rushing into wagons (See the Peace Wagon, reaction to Kira's vote of Norwegian, and vote on Kira), which makes me still hesitant to change my opinion on his read.

I have no idea what Kira is doing. When I read over the thread earlier, I was confused as to what all of the suspicions against Kira were (I read they were for similar reasons to Daneeko's but it didn't seem as prevalant to me). So I went back and isolated Kira's posts, and almost every single post has been a vote of some kind against another player. The reasoning for most of the votes have been for no reasoning, or for stupid reasonings.

Another thing I don't like are the two "Wagons," I suppose I'll call them. It's not even 6 hours into the first day, and there's already a vote on Norwegian, and two on Kira. I understand the sentiments against the both of them, but it's never a good idea to start wagons so early into the day.

I'm considering Kira's vote on Norwegian a "Wagon" because Daneeko showed a level of agreement to Kira's vote, while in the vote against Jawapa, it's only Norwegian in the charge at the moment.

On some level, I do agree with the claims against Jawapa. But, at the same time, the idea that his points and logic are flawed, giving room to the idea of him being scum, doesn't make sense to me, personally. Take last game for example, Jawapa was the Mason, but he claimed specific people as a given role, and others as another using the same kind of flawed logic that Norwegian is presenting. In general, I don't think the fact of his logic alone can give a good read on his position. Although, I don't disagree with the other points Norwegian brought up, like the absence of a vote on Peace, all of a sudden, and constant reinforcement of their suspicions of Daneeko and NoNK. But it's not really enough, in my opinion, to justify a wagon at the moment.

Anyway, there's my opinions. I agree with the same sentiments that Daneeko, Kira, and Jawapa are, on some level, suspicious in their own regards. But it's more of a slight suspicion against the three, rather than a strong read against any of them. Although, I won't be voting for any of them, yet, because I don't want to push for a wagon this early in the day, nor do I feel confident enough in lynching any of the three at the moment.

~BeepnBoop

#8 2019-10-19 01:25:40

ShadowsEdge

NoNK wrote:

Yo let me just cut on real quick and say that this is MEGA false and wagons give town information peace out ok

Well yeah, that's a given. I'm not against wagons, just not wagons starting so early in the day, nor wagons where people are just blindly following the consensus (Mainly being Daneeko, but the point still stands).

~BeepnBoop

#9 2019-10-19 08:06:52

ShadowsEdge

Alright so I'm gonna be going to sleep here soon, I have a band competition tomorrow so I won't be as active (again) tomorrow.

Onjit wrote:

He's paying attention and is making quality posts as usual, but in my opinion seems to be parroting other people's reads a fair bit. Not necessarily scum indicative, but something to look into. Could be wrong.

While I do take the same suspicions that others follow, it's mainly because I haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I would have liked into this game as other games, so I look into the suspicions that others have and put my opinions into them (Hence why most of my posts say that I'm saying my opinions). I'm still trying to help how I can, but I get where the idea is coming from.

Onjit wrote:

but this sudden vote on Shadow stood out to me as odd

I assume it's an RVS vote. Norwegian placed one on me last game, as well. He said it was mainly to see reactions and what not. Specifically this time I didn't respond because Norwegian didn't really provide any basis for me to respond to it with. (Last game, referred to my play on TFR, while this game just placed the vote in a singular message and that was the extent).

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

And i’ve got the same gripes with ShadowsEdge, but he seems to do it almost all games. He has this bad tendency of merely "commentating" on what’s going on, rather than finding actual scumreads and pushing them. Town can’t win if they don’t play somewhat aggressively and use their votes to pressure the mafia into scumtelling.

I get where that's coming from, but it's mainly on the account of myself not wanting to commit into something so early on. That's mostly where the idea of all of my calls for discussion time and stuff comes from, as well. I do try to find scum, and push it if I have viable evidence. But a passive approach is mainly just my playstyle, because it's what works the best for me personally. I place votes when I feel the need to, otherwise I'm just feeding into a wagon, which contradicts the ideals I hold, mainly being the discussion time. It is something I am aware that I do, but it's just how I play.

As for what Jawapa has mentioned, and the accusations against Jawapa as a whole, I'll likely respond to in the morning (If I have the time to), because Im gonna be heading to sleep now, and would rather not try to wrap my head around analyzing the whole situation while I'm tired.

Anyway, I'll be going to sleep now, and I'll try to respond in the morning.

~BeepnBoop

#10 2019-10-19 15:06:57

ShadowsEdge

First, I want to talk about this:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

When you get time i would REALLY like you to be more active in questioning suspects. Because if you're just going to commentate on what people are doing and leave it at that, you're acting exactly like you did when you just cruised to the scum team victory in French Revolution mafia. I was being dishonest when i brought up these points in universe mafia because i was scum and looked for an excuse to eliminate you, but there was a certain core of truth in what i said which is really fueling my paranoia right now. I know you're highly capable of maintaining an image of innocence as a scum player.

I'll take a closer look into the interactions between players, and how that fits with my own ideas of how the game is currently going. Although, as I mentioned before, I do have a comp today, so it'll have to wait until later today. I would try to do it now, but if I try to limit myself in the little time I have before I have to go, the analysis would be short, bare bone, and generally would just seem rushed (Because of the timespan). I can do it later in the day, but just at the moment, I feel like doing it now would just be a waste.

I will, however, put my own spin on the whole Norwegian situation that seems to be arising. Personally, I don't think his aggressive playstyle is enough, currently, to justify the situation. Norwegian used an aggressive approach last game on me, and a few others. And again, in this game, he takes the same approach where he's being aggressive (Namely Peace). I could very well be wrong, but given the proximity of the game, and the outcome of the game (Norwegian was heavily suspected because of his aggressiveness), I don't think it would be really logical for Norwegian to take the same approach, which ultimately led to his downfall, if he were Mafia. And to me, it just doesn't make sense in general for him to take the same approach which would logically make him the most suspicious.

As I wrote this, Task wrote something of similar thoughts. But in my opinion, it would still make the most sense for Norwegian to take a different approach, if he was mafia again, because his aggressiveness is what made me, along with others, suspicious of him, and ultimately led to him being revealed as Mafia.

Anyway, I can't do much more than that, I do want to put my thoughts into that. I really have to get going now, so I'm sorry to cut this short.

~BeepnBoop

#11 2019-10-20 10:16:41

ShadowsEdge

Alright so I have some downtime, late I know, but I promised I would do it. The comp ended a while ago, but I got sidetracked with personal stuff, which is why I ended up doing this all now.

So I've decided that the best option for me, as someone who's largely been inactive, was to reread the entire thread (What an idea!). Anyway, these are the thoughts I'm getting from it. I'm not going to be going into a full on dissection of posts, and instead just post some of my ideas.

Firstly, I'll go on a case by case basis, since it's typically what works the best. I'll start off with the typical candidates, since they're the ones with the most traction at the moment.

From reading back through the thread, I still hold my case against Norwegian. While I'm not going to openly claim Norwegian as town, at the moment, I don't believe the claims that "Norwegian lead the wagon, so they have to be scum trying to push the lynch onto an unsuspecting town!" I showed that sentiment on an earlier post, but I suppose it was lost in the message. Don't get me wrong, I think Norwegian is fully capable of pulling something like that off, but at the same time, I feel as though Norwegian wouldn't choose to use the same unrelenting tactic which would result in suspicion against himself (See TFR, Mafia 31, as well as suspicion against him right now).

Different has been heavily focusing on two main points: 1. Peace is town, because the wagon against them rose quickly, and 2. Norwegian is scum, because they aggressively pushed for Norwegian. The biggest reason I have to suspect anything from Different is the fact that the way he's taking this is suspiciously similar to how I played TFR (Claimed the popular Mafia candidate was town, while on Day 2 advocated for the wagon leader as mafia, because they mislynched). It's possible that Different is town, but from personally doing that playstyle, I also want to believe that it has some scum-indication. I'm not fully convinced on Diff's alignment yet. Diff also sort of has this hypocritical vibe, one of the points that Diff brought up about Norwegian was that they were being too aggressive, and disregarded Peace's claim as town and pushed on anyways. Then when Norwegian is put under the spotlight, Diff starts pushing for Norwegian, and even acknowledges that Norwegian could be town (Not directly, though), but uses the same idea that the scumminess of his actions overrules the possibility.

In my personal opinion, Kira gives me weird vibes. Mainly because he pushed on with the whole **** phase for far longer than anyone else did. But if his posts before then were really just ****, then there's really only 2 posts of substance that Kira has, which makes it even harder to try and read him. Zelda proposed the idea that Kira would likely take more care into their posts if they were mafia, because they're aware of how they're seen, which I'll share the sentiment of for the time being.

I don't mean to be rude, but with the fact that Daneeko is heavily changing his vote, and has his opinion easily changed by the opinions of others reminds me of how Peace played as Town in TFR. I'm claiming him as Town simply because I feel like his actions in general have been overly scummy, and if he were Mafia, he would have tried to make an attempt to change his style, but he pushed on with the same ideas.

Jawapa has been sort of weird, his logic isn't a reason I consider his standings weird. But in general, his actions seem scummy, but at the same time (I went back to check this, if you want to check for yourself you can, I don't have a link so sorry), the last time Jawapa was mafia (If I'm correct, this was PurgatorEE), Jawapa did try to hold some level of town standings, while this game, and similar to last game, they openly throw out ideas which I believe they're aware makes them look suspicious. One of the thing I've noticed is that in PurgatorEE, Jawapa always clarified that he might say things that would make him look scummy, and even posted a reads list consisting of all the players. While in this game, and last game, Jawapa never felt the need to clarify that what he's saying would make him look suspicious (iirc), and Jawapa's "reads" are more focusing on singular players, rather than providing reads of all players. That's one of the main reasons I'm leaning against a Jawapa wagon. I don't know how well Jawapa is at deception, but considering last game, where they were able to push a lynch against Kirby, claiming Kira as the Faction Cop, I wouldn't put it completely past Jawapa.

Everyone else I feel like I don't have much opinions on. NoNK, Taskmanager, and Onjit all seem like they're trying to help, and I don't have any strong suspicions against any of them. Although, I will bring up a few things, NoNK seems to follow a lot of the same ideals that Norwegian shares, though, he does explain his reasonings for them. Taskmanager switches his opinions around quite a bit, but I don't necessarily find anything that gives any scum traits on him, and Onjit in general has seemed to try to help, by placing reads when needed, and providing input where it's needed. As for Zelda and Slab, they've been largely inactive, so they're mostly null for me, with only a slight lean for town, because of some of the posts they've made having that idea within it.

I'll be honest. I fell asleep part way through writing this. Not my proudest moment and I almost actually did go to sleep but I got woken up and figured I needed to finish the post before I went to sleep. And on that note, I'll be going to sleep because I probably should not have spent an extra two hours staying up to finish this, but oh well.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#12 2019-10-20 21:25:47

ShadowsEdge

Alright I'm up and I just spent my time reading through all of what I missed.

mrjawapa wrote:

@Zelda, Shadow, and slabdrill - give us your reads

That was literally the whole point of the post I just made recently. Also @Norwegian, I'm sorry that I didn't include a decisive decision on all of them, but when I was making them I felt that by putting my thoughts out there it was pretty obvious what my opinion of each of them were. But, due to recent events, some of my reads have shifted.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Diff55, now that i’ve freed myself from the shackles of tunneling you. And had a short break to think about everything. I think your slot looks much better. Through my constant attacks it never seemed like you were trying to sidestep or feel sorry for yourself. Which would be typical for scum players. I know you probably will still scumread me based on my progression. But i personally think your responses have been largely town indicative. Isn’t it good we had this spout? It made me change my initial read of basically null on you, to actual townleaning.
I highly suggest the town to vote for Kira, his posting has been opportunistic. Jawapa is also suspicious.
I’d never advocate voting me because another mislynch will lose us another two townies, but if it does happen then the town should really focus on those two suspicious slots that have been largely staying in the background and casting shade.

Firstly, I don't like how Norwegian just dropped all suspicion of Diff. They were clashing, hard, and then all of a sudden Norwegian just changes his stance on Diff. I can understand if Norwegian went back and read, and just changed their suspicion of Diff given various events. But what bothers me is that Norwegian just seemed to drop ALL of his suspicions against Diff, as well as trying to use this post to push what seems like "Hey, I'm sorry for pushing you, do you think you can stop pushing me too?"

Obviously there's everything else Diff mentioned (His aggressiveness and stuff), but I personally don't think that's a reason to suspect him. I don't believe anyone's mentioned how Norwegian just sort of changed his opinions of Diff drastically one after the other. To me, it seems like he's trying to backpedal, rather than make amends, and the fact that he just completely dropped all suspicions against Diff is super weird. I'd understand if he reconsidered, and only started to lightly suspect Diff, but Norwegian went from scum-reading without any chance of redemption, to town-reading, with almost no suspicion against Diff.

Another thing I kind of want to point out (Dunno if it's been mentioned or not), but yeah even though Norwegian was aggressive as heck on Day 1, I don't think that in itself was suspicious. But then in Day 2, after Diff called him out for being aggressive, Norwegian just stopped being aggressive. Norwegian did have some level of aggression in Day 2, but it's no where near as aggressive as it was in Day 1. This might be a little hypocritical, since I somewhat did the same thing, but Norwegian seemed like he was trying to go with what was expected of him (Being less aggressive), so that he wouldn't be seen as suspicious.

Shoutout to Norwegian here because I'm gonna summarize my post for you now:

I'm reconsidering my townleaning/null position of Norwegian to a more scumleaning position because of his sudden change in both his stance on Diff and his playstyle, as well the sense of backpedalling he did.

I don't personally believe Diff is all clear of suspicion. He's done suspicious things in his debacle with Norwegian (As I mentioned before). But I personally believe Norwegian is a more optimal candidate.

And with that:

!vote NorwegianboyEE

~BeepnBoop

#13 2019-10-20 21:42:35

ShadowsEdge

mrjawapa wrote:

I'm not sure lynching Norboy is a good idea right now. Would much rather see daneeko lynched.

In my opinion, the lynch against Daneeko is stupid. I've explained before that his playstyle reminds me of Peace in TFR, where he would just follow the consensus of town leaders, and not have much of an opinion of his own. But in that game, he was indeed town. Another thing is that after constant badgering about his playstyle and people telling him to form an opinion of his own, he stuck to his own ideals. If he were Mafia, I feel that he'd be trying to change his playstyle to suit what others expect of him, if not out of his own doing, out of badgering by his partners. He doesn't seem to try to remove suspicion from himself, which is why I don't feel inclined to believe Daneeko is scum.

~BeepnBoop

#14 2019-10-20 22:07:01

ShadowsEdge

TaskManager wrote:
Different55 wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Kira basically started the fight between Diff and Norboy

Gonna need a citation on that. Norboy started it when he pulled his 180noscope on me just after NoNK posted his reads. Kira was nowhere to be seen at the time. V possible that Kira took advantage of that existing chaos but he didn't start it.

Kira voted Norboy for no reason and that's how the whole Norboy wagon started, no?

I think it depends on if Kira's vote was the main cause of Diff's suspicions on Kira. Diff seemed to have suspicions before the whole debacle, but I don't really think that Diff's vote on Kira was the main cause of the wagon. Diff showed support for Kira's vote, but it wasn't really the catalyst for their argument.

~BeepnBoop

#15 2019-10-20 22:12:32

ShadowsEdge

Different55 wrote:

...? I was the first to vote for Norboy. I voted for him because I didn't want to contribute to any existing wagon given D1, and Norboy had no votes on him at the time. Kira agreed later, although I don't know where in the timeline that lines up with Norboy flipping out on me.

Kira was the first one to vote for Norwegian. It was literally the first post in Day 2, and I went back and looked to make sure, and you said the page after that you agree with the wagon being built on Norwegian.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#16 2019-10-21 07:22:30

ShadowsEdge

!unvote

I don't have full reason to trust Norwegian's claim yet, but I'd rather not push a lynch on them if they're possibly a power role.

~BeepnBoop

#17 2019-10-23 15:42:20

ShadowsEdge

Ack, sorry I've been inactive. I had practice again yesterday, and I just went to sleep after I got home.

There's not a whole lot to comment on, but I'll try my best.

I still stand by my assumption that Daneeko is town. I've explained my reasonings, and I will stand by them until there is unrefutable proof that Daneeko is not town. If we really are in a position of MyLo (I don't fully understand it but I did look it up), then it's better not to jump straight into conclusions, especially now.

I don't understand what the "key feature" of determining Zelda's alignment is. The only stances I found considering Zelda is that Jawapa is suspicious (Although I'm not sure if they still hold this stance for the next point), suspicious of Onjit, NoNK and Daneeko being a scum team, and that they believe I'm town. They never outright said they believe that Onjit, NoNK, and Daneeko are a scum team, but they want to look into the connections, which is not uncommon.

And I'm gonna go back to the whole MyLo situation, we shouldn't be lynching people at this point in time to find out the alignments of others, unless the person we are lynching is also generally perceived as scum. I looked into the MyLo situation, it's possible we are in MyLo, but that is we have three mafia members as opposed to two. But, for the sake of caution, I'd just assume it's three and take today as if we're in a MyLo situation.

I personally believe Zelda is town, and it's not because they're siding with me. It's more of a gut feeling than anything else really. I wouldn't bet my life on it, but they don't give me any reason to believe they're scum, and their playstyle matches how they've played in previous games as well.

I also want to say something about Norwegian: he did the same thing in TFR, as the exact same role, too. He acted scummy, in a sense, and was prosecuted after claiming his role. It's not completely past his ability to fake his actions, but if he claimed Doctor the lynch against him should not have continued.

Shoutout to Norwegian again because I'm doing another tl;dr:

I believe Daneeko is town, and unless evidence that irrefutably proves they are scum comes up, I will continue to believe they are town. Zelda shouldn't be lynched, because I think there's not all too much to gain from lynching them, as well as me believing they're town. I believe we should treat today as MyLo, even though there's a possibility that it's not a MyLo situation, for safety sake.

Anyway, that's all I really have to say, I don't have any strong opinions on anyone just yet, but I'll look over the thread again afterschool to see if I get any suspicions of anyone and whatnot. I have to head out to school here soon. So I'll be mostly inactive again.

~BeepnBoop

#18 2019-10-24 06:20:36

ShadowsEdge

Alright, sorry I'm here now. I had to do more personal stuff afterschool so I couldn't post until around now.

My reasonings for believing that Daneeko is town is because he's been faced against multiple attempts of badgering his playstyle (Following town leaders), and never really showed any signs of changing his playstyle to match what others expected of him. He stuck to his own playstyle, despite being regarded as scum for it. If he really was scum, his teammates would have likely badgered him to change his playstyle to be seen less as scum, which is why I don't believe he is scum. Another part of it, which is more just a feeling, is that his playstyle just mimicks how Peace played as VT in TFR.

Considering that Onjit claimed Serial Killer, Onjit would likely be, objectively, the best candidate for today's lynch, unless we can confidently assume that Onjit is siding with the Town. Because whether or not Onjit sides with the town will be essential. If Onjit decides to kill a town, then we'd lose two town tonight, and if there's a mislynch today, then there'd be three town lost in a short amount of time. And I don't really want to chance that.

With that said, I don't think we should lynch Onjit just yet, Onjit will likely be the best candidate for today's lynch, for the reasoning above, but the discussion time is important.

As far as discussion goes, I don't have major suspicions on anyone. But I've been clear about who my townreads are (Daneeko, and slight townlean towards Zelda), now being added onto that is Different, because they've claimed One-shot Vig, and have been generally helpful throughout the game.

Anyone else (Jawapa, Task, NoNK) is subject to investigation and interrogation (Not really investigation because I don't know if we have a cop, but you get what I mean). If Onjit is telling the truth in that the setup is DVTTTTT, and my assumptions of townreads are true, in that list of players, two of those players will flip Mafia.

I don't have all too much to say about Jawapa, I don't have all that much suspicion against them, but I also don't have that much reason to believe they're town. Taskmanager holds something of a similar trait. They do sort of feel like they're town, but I know from Mafia 31 that they're capable of pulling the deception game if they need to. NoNK follows a similar trait to Taskmanager, where they give off town vibes, but I don't want to instantly regard them as town, since it's been my experience that people who are generally townread shouldn't be instantly considered town (See me in TFR, and Onjit this game).

I guess this is just becoming something common to do now:

See first paragraph for why I think Daneeko is town. Onjit will likely be the best candidate for today's lynch, but there should still be discussion time. I don't have strong suspicions, but removing my general townreads, I believe the scum team are in Jawapa, Taskmanager, and NoNK, but with not many suspicions against any of the three at the moment.

I don't have too much else to say, I don't know what the votecount is, so I wont be voting just yet, so that the time for discussion can continue and whatnot. I have to get back to doing homework and such now. I'll be able to respond for a while if I'm needed, but I'll probably be heading to sleep in about an hour or two.

~BeepnBoop

#19 2019-10-24 15:04:14

ShadowsEdge

Oh. I just came on to check the thread and now majority was reached.

~BeepnBoop

#20 2019-10-26 06:32:47

ShadowsEdge

Oh frig, the game ended. And yeah in part I wasn't trying to solve the game because I was mafia, but I do really have things going on irl for October which made it harder to play. NoNK was the Mafia MVP imo. But gg people.

Oh yeah and me and NoNK were having a blast when Norwegian town read both of us.

~BeepnBoop

TaskManager1572082667765837

Board footer