Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-09-22 18:24:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

Luka504 wrote:

Honestly, if Andy flips mafia then I'd argue that Kira would still be suspicious for starting his wagon so suddenly. Throwing your teammates under the bus to make sure you remain unsuspected is a viable strategy, and Kira just might be employing it.

I agree with your conclusion but not with your reason.

Yes, Kira could still be mafia if Andy flips mafia. No, it's not because he threw his teammate under the bus. It'd be because he's aligned with a different universe.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#27 2019-09-22 18:26:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

then they can and will use him as a puppet.

Yeah that's not really worked so well in the past...

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#28 2019-09-22 18:36:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Anatoly don't bother role claiming. That's not going to make any of the people who are currently voting you stop voting you. In the unlikely event that you survive this day it is best that your role remains unknown.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#29 2019-09-22 18:43:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Reading games and stop doing the things people tell you not to do??

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#30 2019-09-22 21:00:28

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

why/how

Their first post was a random vote aginst peace.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#31 2019-09-22 22:05:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Andymakeer wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

why/how

Their first post was a random vote aginst peace.

merely blindshot

funny how you, devlin, strongly defends kira blind shot, but not mine...

funny...

Woah there nelly, slow down now. I’m neither attacking nor defending your ‘blind-shot’. I’m just making an objective observation.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#32 2019-09-24 08:22:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Lol. Why are people acting like Kira and I led y’all into a game changing miss-lynch? Andy was borderline worthless. If he was a PR then I’d understand the frustration but certain individuals are acting like they took a huge gamble on our opinion and lost everything.

I was never crumbing mason with Kira. I have no idea where you’re getting that from. Wait, Luka and Norwegianboy agreed with each other about Shadow... they must be masons too! Besides, even if I were masons with Kira, what about that has been disproven? Were you honestly expecting us to magically be right about Andy literally just because we were masons?

I can’t speak for Kira, but my motivations for voting for Andy were 100% to redirect the wagon away from Shadow. Unlike Andy, Shadow still has more to give in the game. Unlike Kirby, an Andy lynch gives us decent information. And unlike Andy, all of the other lower activity players that I could have chosen to redirect the lynch onto deserve more time to defend themselves because they’re actually capable of being able to.

I’m actually grateful that Kira voted Andy. Had it not been for that I would have voted someone else. Someone who, upon rereading their posts during the night and comparing them to their previous games, I know think is town. Also, on a totally unrelated note: @2B55, what are your reads?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#33 2019-09-24 08:37:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

If Kira is scum then lynching Andy was a vital first step in finding that out.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#34 2019-09-24 08:39:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

And if he was creating a counter wagon then that would mean he and Shadow are one of the scum teams. Would you like to argue that case?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#35 2019-09-24 12:31:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It is possible that Mutant sheeped Kira as an easy way to cast shade on him once Andee flipped town.

But I've never pointed any fingers at Kira?

TaskManager wrote:

You trying to blame kira for the entire wagon?
I really don't like the confidence with which y'all pushed it

I'm not trying to blame Kira for anything. My point is that if anyone is suspicious of Kira and he ends up being lynched then lynching Andy first would have been necessary for that to happen. Had I not pushed the Andy wagon, there'd be no suspicion on Kira right now.

TaskManager wrote:

So what information did we gain
Kira pushing for Andy on the spot makes him scummy, but is there anything else that we gained from that lynch cause I don't see it rn
Other people that followed the wagon are no better, but I'll have to look at them later

We've learnt people's opinions on Kira - a player who otherwise would not have much talk going on about him. We can also judge people's reactions to the flip; I especially find the first 4 posts at the start of this day quite interesting. We can also look at the other people who voted Andy. Andy was never a strong lynch and the common reason people placed votes was out of trust. We can now ask questions like what are people's motivations behind accepting trust rather than truly thinking for themselves. One definitive conclusion that I'm going to make for now is that Luka is town. Although I was able to convince him to leave the Shadow wagon I did not convince him to join the Andy one. That's not a reflection of my inability to convince people that's a reflection of his alignment. Compare that to Norwegian's approach. All it took for him to join me on Andy is to remind him that he said I was town so he has no reason not to trust me. Of course, thinking someone is town and thinking someone is right is two very different things. So Norwegian's approach is far scummier as he shows a lack of care as to who gets lynched.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#36 2019-09-24 12:34:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I had hoped Mutant and Kira would give an really good exposè of why exactly they suspected Andee, or that Andee would flip scum. So it kind of **** me off that i unvoted Shadow in the first place.

Norwegian, could you explain to me why you made this post?

Also, whilst I remember to say it, the night kill on Anatoly was not motivated by just getting an easy guaranteed kill. It was very obvious he was a PR so that was always gonna be worth killing him for.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#37 2019-09-24 12:38:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

So does Mutant think Shadow is town? If yes then I wonder why. I’m putting Shadow on Unsure because of his poor defense, but at the same time he is a strong player.

I'm not actually too confident in Shadow being town. My reason for redirecting the lynch was my lack of confidence in him being scum. He was being targetted for fairly stupid reasons that escalated and given his mafia ability I wanted to see more from him before making a final judgement. Andy is the perfect kind of player to redirect a lynch of no confidence onto as he is far less likely to contribute anything meaningful which makes him harder to sort.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Atm the only reason I see Shadow being town is because mafia won’t buss their teammate, when they have only 2 of them. But it can be a risky move performed by the mafia.

Why does mafia not wanting to buss their teammates make Shadow town?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#38 2019-09-24 12:44:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

In that post, Devlin says that Anatoly claimed to be from Omega, not Alpha.
Devlin, you purposefully lied to deceive the mafia, didn't you?

Of course. It was never gonna be an effective lie and any mafia paying decent attention to the game would never have fallen for it - especially given the lynch. But any chance to deceive the mafia is worth taking though. And I must say that that's not the only trap I've set for them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink. It's just a shame we couldn't reduce both peace's and Anatoly's votes to 0 by the end of the day because if we had then my deception would have held more weight.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#39 2019-09-24 16:36:08

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

If Shadow is mafia and Norboy / Luka is maf, they wouldn’t want to buss Shadow because there’s only 2 mafia in each universe.
So that makes Shadow less suspicious

And now I think of it, it also clears Norboy and Luka’s suspicions. Or maybe it was Town Norboy and Luka targeting Mafia Shadow? idk

Shadow would only be less suspicious if there was only 1 scum team. It could still be mafia who is suspicious of mafia. It's like your assuming that there could only be 1 mafia team in any given situation.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#40 2019-09-24 16:50:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I had hoped Mutant and Kira would give an really good exposè of why exactly they suspected Andee, or that Andee would flip scum. So it kind of **** me off that i unvoted Shadow in the first place.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Norwegian, could you explain to me why you made this post?

I thought you and Kira were the mason's so i chose to trust your judgement.

That doesn't explain the post. You mentioned you thought we were masons in a previous post.

In this post you:
> Said you hoped myself and Kira would give an explanation of why we suspected Andy.
> Said you hoped that Andy would flip mafia.
> Mentioned that you regret unvoting shadow.

All of this was unprompted. So you wanted us to know all of this stuff specifically. My question is why?

Because this post just feels oddly LAMIST to me. And the reason it stuck out to me is that it's the kind of thing that I do as scum - making a post that subtly suggests townie motivation without directly labelling myself as such.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#41 2019-09-24 16:53:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

This guy needs to wake up. Maybe this'll help.

Vote Kirby

I'd never follow a wagon started by you.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#42 2019-09-24 16:54:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

Crybaby-

peace wrote:

- less active then in revious games

peace has a point with this. @Crybaby, do you have a reason for your inactivity this game?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#43 2019-09-24 19:37:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

That could be perceived as a town move, a scum player would just hope that everyone forgets about it
I'm not sure whether specifically scum Crybaby would do that, cause that's Crybaby and he's very good at making townish moves even when he is mafia

What do y'all think

I do think it's fairly scummy though, as a side note, I do think Crybaby's activity is unrelated to his alignment.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#44 2019-09-24 19:52:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I'm not you, so why do you equate your own behavior like it suggests anything conclusive about me?

Unless you're going to argue that you lack intelligence, this argument holds no grounds. It's very obviously not a strategy exclusive to me and I have no doubts that you are also capable of it.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

There's also something i need to know, what was the deal with your willingness to cooperate with Kira on day 1? I was absolutely sure you two were masons, yet now you are distancing yourself from him. Aren't you usually much more independently minded? Or do you always trust Kira's intentions? Are you going to follow his wagon on Eleizibeth too?

If I had a point for every time I have to tell someone something that I've already explained in mafia games then I'd have won mafia 25:

mutantdevle wrote:

my motivations for voting for Andy were 100% to redirect the wagon away from Shadow.

mutantdevle wrote:

Andy's town flip could be a crucial factor in any cases that later develops against Kira

mutantdevle wrote:

That's the reason why I've decided to follow Kira on Andy rather than suggest my own candidate for the lynch. And trust me, I do have someone in mind that I would have been voting for right now had it not been for Kira's vote.

mutantdevle wrote:

Someone who, upon rereading their posts during the night and comparing them to their previous games, I know think is town. Also, on a totally unrelated note: @2B55, what are your reads?

Obviously those posts aren't in chronological order since a lot of the explanation came after the lynch, but I've definitely given enough information to fully explain my position on Andy to the point that your question is redundant.

And no, I won't be voting for Ele. Despite her lack of posts the few posts she does have include decent contributions. The same can be said for Zelda. Besides, I think I have enough genuine suspicions to push a decent wagon today rather than just settling on any lurkers.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#45 2019-09-24 19:55:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

would scum kira go as far as to fake him not realizing the cards are in the OP and try to metaplay

He's capable of it so, personally, it doesn't tell me anything about his alignment.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#46 2019-09-24 19:57:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kirby wrote:

suspecting me for inactivity is fair,

I mean, it's not. You're literally always inactive.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#47 2019-09-24 19:58:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
Kira wrote:

2B55B5G TNG: Has the same playstyle as when he was Mafia, I would watch out for him.

I got this impression from 2B's posts too

Can either one or preferably both of you expand on this please?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#48 2019-09-25 13:00:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

I gotta ask, Devon, do you think the town is still in a position to gain a win? Or did killing one of their teammates, and giving a list of people to kill next, cripple their chances?

Thanks Mawapa.

Well, the first thing we have to remember is the dynamic of the different universes. The Omega universe is yet to suffer a single casualty. On the other hand, the Alpha universe is 2 men down. For the Omega's they are in a fine position. 5 town vs 2 scum. But things are looking dire for the Alphas as there is only 1 more town players than scum ones. Taking into consideration that peace is a known Alpha it seems that they really need to get an Alpha scum lynch today or they could face a very early loss.

It's at this stage that we have to wonder: are the Omega's going to turn on their Alpha town counterparts? After all, if the Alpha mafia win then all Alpha players will all be eliminated from the game making it much easier to find the Omega scum. But on the other hand, maybe the town Alphas are valuable to the Omega's to help them hunt their scum?

Though even if the Omegas were looking to get rid of the Alphas, how would they go about doing that when they don't know who is who?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#49 2019-09-25 13:20:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If Shadow is scum it would explain a lot.

Like what?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#50 2019-09-25 15:50:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If Shadow is scum it would explain a lot.

Like what?

The wild goose chase on day 1.

What's so scummy about overreacting to something? What makes you so sure town wouldn't overreact where scum otherwise would?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

rat

Onjit1631616771791313

Board footer