Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-09-25 18:47:42

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

For the record, I'm at work, and quickly reading over things.

I plan to reread everything later.

For a while I was thinking the mafia teams were: Kira/Ele and Norboy/2B.

Discord: jawp#5123

#27 2019-09-25 18:48:18

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Will you unvote peace?

Why? Are you two mafia partners?

#28 2019-09-25 19:06:19

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Huh, why did I have a feeling you'd go straight to that one, Jawapa?

No, I'm not mafia. I'm asking you to unvote from peace because it's better to have only one lynch candidate instead of two, as to minimize the amount of information the mafia have access to.

Fair point, but I'm sticking with my vote, for now.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

Norboy/2B.

Curious to hear what gave you that idea.

Will explain later, when I have a pc.

#29 2019-09-25 21:19:10

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

No body do anything drastic in the next hour or so

#30 2019-09-25 23:24:07

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Hidden text

======
I read every post from the start of the game, and then it hit me like a load of bricks.

I was reading everything with the assumption that Kira was mafia, and I was looking for things to pin on him. Peace's counter claim floored me, because it didn't seem like a play peace would do on his own. I was sure peace was mafia, and was told to counter claim to get kira lynched. So for a short time I thought both of them could be mafia (on separate teams). When I went back to read, I found a post Kira made, in response to Kirby, saying, "And you're mafia". Then I realized Kira was trying to get Peace to claim drifter, in as subtle of a way as possible, to protect them both. Peace was oblivious to it, and it made Kira look really scummy, or like a town PR.

Kira is the Omega faction cop, and Kirby is a member of the mafia.

!vote kirby

I still stick with Norboy and 2B55 also being mafia. Not sure about ele anymore.

#31 2019-09-26 00:22:49

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Kirby wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

I found a post Kira made, in response to Kirby, saying, "And you're mafia". Then I realized Kira was trying to get Peace to claim drifter, in as subtle of a way as possible, to protect them both. Peace was oblivious to it, and it made Kira look really scummy, or like a town PR.

i don't understand this line of logic. "Protect them both" from what? Are you implying that kira, as a supposed town PR, investigated me, or investigated peace? i don't see how the way he handled this day would line up with either of those options

Kira, as the faction cop, investigated you, because Anatoly told him to. That's why he said "And you're mafia"

Peace counter claiming made Kira look like scum, and we were all going to lynch Kira. He tried to play it off as Peace making a false claim, and tried persuading Peace to claim drifter. It went over peace's head, and everything started to fall apart.

Kira claiming a town PR would get him killed tonight. He would be the #1 target for the mafia. Claiming alpha townie, would make the Alpha mafia attempt to kill him, and the kill would fail (because he's actually omega). If peace went along with Kira, and claimed drifter, the mafia likely would leave him alone, as there is a good risk of the kill missing.

#32 2019-09-26 00:52:41

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Kirby wrote:

your argument is really just based on these two posts

No it's not. I outlined what's based on. The post by anatoly to investigate you; the interaction between you and kira, where he outed you as mafia; and the interaction between kira and peace.

Kirby wrote:

if kira was omega cop what reason would he have to claim alpha vanilla town in the first place?

I explained why he would claim alpha townie.

People started to turn against him, for starting the lynch against Andy. It was thought it was a counter-wagon to relieve pressure off shadow.

Kirby wrote:

is just a dumb response to what i considered a pretty reasonable post. Once kira saw that he was almost pretty much guaranteed to get lynched he could've explained that he was omega cop and shared the results of his investigations... but he didn't. Waiting for you to propose the possibility doesn't really make me trust him any more

Again, I already explained this. You're obviously trying to discredit me any way you can. He didn't claim a PR role, because he would be targeted by the mafia. He would absolutely die the next night. Claiming a different role prevented that.

The few hints/breadcrumbs would have been found when he was lynched. He's still going to die tonight, but now we've discovered a mafia member.

You had me fooled for a while, because you're always absent from the game. I even argued with ele about how your absence is not indicative of anything, because it's normal behavior.

#33 2019-09-26 00:54:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Onjit wrote:

@Peace @Jawapa Friendly reminder to make sure that your votes are legible and using the [ h ] tags on a separate line.

Friendly reminded that trying to hit the buttons on mobile is really hard. And you never said to using a header tag //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

"Please use the command !lynch <player> in BOLD on a SEPARATE LINE, so I can see them easily."

#34 2019-09-26 01:03:47

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

wow

I'm protesting the rest of this game

Wooted by: (2)

#35 2019-09-26 03:07:08

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

At first, I had the impression that he claimed Drifter.

I wondered the same thing, for a few reasons. Until I reread the last few pages. Then, it didn't make sense for kira to be the drifter.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

whom has no aliegiance with the Town, only to survive until the end of the game, they would have no reason to protect Peace.

Which is a big reason why being the drifter doesn't make sense.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Kira, if they aren't the Drifter, and aren't lying about their universe claim, would only be applicable to two roles: Mason and Mafia.

As I mentioned earlier: it's very likely he claimed alpha to throw the mafia off. If he claims he's in universe alpha, the alpha mafia will try to kill him, and it will fail.

It doesn't make sense for the drifter to make this big of a scene, and go through all these troubles. Trying to kill the drifter is a wasted effort by both mafias. It's not a kill worth pursuing.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

he is asking a Universe cop to investigate him to find out his "true role," in whatever sense that means.

That doesn't mean he isn't a faction cop. That's exactly something a PR would say.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

but it doesn't seem like Kira is using that to say they're a Faction Cop.

He wouldn't, because that's suicide.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I'm willing to accept the idea, if more evidence shows to prove that, but at this point in time, it doesn't make sense for them to be the Faction Cop.

It makes far more sense for him to be the faction cop than it does to be the drifter.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

On top of what I had said before, if they were to investigate Kirby, and claim them as Mafia, why would they go about it in such a subtle way? If they were the Faction Cop, they could say with definite proof that Kirby is Mafia, thus allowing the Town to lynch them. But instead their only claim is one phrase in one specific post that said "And you're mafia."

Because they can collect more information before getting killed. Coming to the table with multiple names is far better than mentioning one mafia, and immediately dying.
If the town followed through with lynching him, they would skim his posts for breadcrumbs. Finding the post "And you're mafia" would have been a super helpful post.

Come on, you've played this enough. You know that.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

as they were able to get people to believe they were Alpha VT when they claimed VT

No he didn't?
People rejected his role claim immediately. He's racked up several votes from people that didn't believe it. I have no idea what kind of **** you're trying to pedal in this post.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

but they instead pushed for lynches against inactive people, rather than the person they "knew" to be Mafia.

Yes... he pushed for an inactive on D1. The first day. Before anyone has had the chance to use their nightly abilities. So he wouldn't have known kirby was mafia at that time.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

since their actions simply dont line up with that idea.

They absolutely do. More so than being the drifter.

Your post has convinced me that you are kirby's mafia partner. You know this game well enough to make some of your responses inexcusable. A few of them are very flawed, and look like you're grasping for straws.

You are obviously trying to discredit the idea to protect Kirby.

Mafia:
Kirby & Shadow
Norboy & 2B55

#36 2019-09-26 14:35:20

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Why Kira? Why did you specifically choose to believe that Kira is the cop and that he's trying to breadcrumb us into lynching Kirby?
I mean, for example, how do you know that Kirby isn't the cop and is breadcrumbing us to lynch Kira? What makes Kira so special?
Your only reason for believing Kira is one post where he called Kirby a mafia without elaborating why. That's quite a weak excuse, and frankly, kind of illogical. Just accusing someone of being a mafia doesn't mean anything, yet you chose to force it to mean something

What are you even trying to say? Everything I outlined points to kira being the faction cop and kirby being his target. Read my earlier post and you'll see why. Nothing you asked me makes any sense.

If you think the roles are reversed, show us why.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Don’t you think it’s weird that Jawapa read everything with the assumption of Kira being maf, then later said that Kira is Omega Faction Cop?

Why would that be weird? I was convinced kira was mafia until I reread everything. While going back through the game, I was really looking for stuff that backed my claim that those few people were definitely mafia.

After reading it all, I realized there were several things I over looked. A light came on when I read the "And you're mafia" post. I then went down. A different path, seeing if that was a hint to something.

Luka504 wrote:

In both of these posts, Kira mentions that he views Kirby as a townie.
Now, tell me Jawapa, if you knew for a fact that someone was a mafia, why would you ever call them a townie?

The first quote you have is prior to Kira's being able to use his ability. He wouldnt have known kirby was mafia at the time.

I cant speak on the second quote, because I cant find it atm. If it was prior to N1, then see above. If it was after, I can only speculate it was to keep from becoming a target. If he flips on kirby, and kirby is maf, then they'll want him dead. If hes pedaling kirby as a town, kira can stay alive.

Sorry if this is kinda hard to understand. I only have 10 minutes for my break, and I'm on mobile. If anything's confusing I'll try to explain better when I'm on lunch.

If you think kirby is town, prove it to me.

#37 2019-09-26 15:44:19

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

I don't think the roles are reversed; because why would I? I have no real reason to think that Kirby is a cop, just as you have no real reason to think Kira is one.

Lol then why did you suggest it?
I absolutely do. I explained why I do.

If you disagree, prove me wrong. Calling my info weak is a bad counter argument.

Luka504 wrote:

Both happened after day 2 had already begun. According to your theory, Kira would have already found out that Kirby was a mafia.

Oops. I misread the quote. I didnt bother searching for them. I read it as a prediction for lynching andy. My reasoning for the second quote applies to the first quote, then.

Luka504 wrote:

So, when Kira says that Kirby is mafia, that's a hint that we should take seriously.
But when Kira says that Kirby is town, that's something we shouldn't take seriously?

Context of when certain things are said are very important.

If y'all think I'm being suspicious, and think I was bussing a teammate, then lynch me.

#38 2019-09-26 15:45:09

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Yeah, there's no way Kira and Jawapa aren't mafia buddies. I swear I'll **** bricks if they're both actually innocent.

We are both innocent.

How many bricks will you be ****?

#39 2019-09-26 16:18:45

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

I didn't suggest that Kirby was actually a mafia, all I did was use your bad reasoning to show how anyone can instantly become the new Omega faction cop.

You asked how I knew kirby wasn't the cop and kira was mafia. That doesnt make any sense. The quotes I've shown do not back that up. Nothing in this game backs that idea up. The only thing you did was make a **** argument.

Luka504 wrote:

Plus, nice burden of proof reversal. How about you provide concrete evidence that Kira is a faction cop first and instead of relying on awful hypothises?

Lmao show me some "concrete proof" in any mafia game.
This is a game about lying and deceiving. I've given reasons why I think kira is the faction cop, and why I think kirby is mafia. The only thing you've done is call those reasons weak. If you disagree, give me reasons why you disagree. You cant just dismiss it for being a hypothesis. That's literally how this game is solved. Creating a hypothesis and doing things to see if its right.

Maybe I'm wrong. I expect to die if I am, but I'm confident enough in this theory to put my neck out and test it.

Luka504 wrote:

Zero

I can guarantee that you will be **** multiple bricks.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

his claim to believing that Kira is the Faction Cop has a lot of holes in it

I countered your post with things that are very plausible.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Jawapa is giving me a bad feeling because of how he's going about trying to convince people that Kira the Faction Cop

Lol, I look suspicious for trying to prove a townie is actually a townie.

I cant tell if luka is mafia, trying to discredit me with arguments hes pulled from his ****; or if hes just not paying attention to what's actually being said.

#40 2019-09-26 16:33:09

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Uh hey, my dad's just been in a car crash.
I'll have to be offline for a while.
Heh, I just... Can't seem to play a mafia game without something going horribly wrong. Sorry everyone.

Hope everything is alright.

Wooted by: (4)

#41 2019-09-26 18:11:42

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Peace, why is your vote on kira? He tried to protect you.

His claim looks scummy, but the intent was protect himself, and your counter claim put him at risk.

#42 2019-09-26 18:17:01

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Anyone who hasn't voted needs to either vote, or explain why they're abstaining.

@crybaby @zelda

#43 2019-09-26 19:03:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

The counter claim isnt really the issue. That was a good play.

What you're not paying attention to, is that kira is actually town, and your counter claim made him a huge target. He tried to get you to claim drifter because it would have saved you both. You both would have looked like town, and kira would have appeared to be an alpha.

#44 2019-09-26 19:04:06

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I should add a big * to the end of that post

#45 2019-09-28 01:17:23

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

ninja'd

Wooted by: (4)

#46 2019-09-28 01:38:12

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

giphy.gif

#47 2019-09-28 02:03:47

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Hey zelda, forgot you were in the game. Nice to see you.

#48 2019-09-28 02:29:34

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

For the record, I didn't really believe Kira was the faction cop. I really doubted he was. But, I didn't have the suspicion that Kirby was mafia. That story helped push the town in the direction I wanted them to go. I'm glad Kira didn't buck me, and I'm glad the real faction cop didn't counter claim.

Unfortunately, I was wrong, but it didn't hurt the town much. I guess that's good.

With that being said, the real faction cop needs to come forward, and give us all the information they have.

@Shadow - Who did you inspect N1?

Since we're claiming: I am the Omega Town Mason. Mutant was my partner.

#49 2019-09-28 02:33:14

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I'm in full support of lynching Norboy, but let's not all throw our vote on him at once.

Spread them between two people.

Also, I will have a stroke if Shadow is lying and norboy is actually town.

#50 2019-09-28 02:33:46

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

@Shadow - Who did you inspect N1?

Investigated Luka N1, since at the time they were more suspicious to me than Luka.

...and?

Onjit1631616771791313

Board footer