Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-09-16 06:46:22

Gosha

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

LukeM wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

Following this, we'll be sending out emails and Kongregate inbox messages to approximately 50 people at a time out of the massive 1350 of you who have opted in to play EE Universe!

when, exactly?

no really, when are you going to start doing this?

Xenonetix wrote:

The first invites are very likely to be sent out this month

have to agree with people above me. I remember you "hoped" to release beta in the end of July. 2 months passed and you tell us "this month". Without some actual date this promise doesn't feel trust-worthy

#77 2019-09-16 07:31:25

peace

Gosha wrote:

Without some actual date this promise doesn't feel trust-worthy

i feel it is but i want an exacter date as to not check mail box every single second

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#78 2019-09-16 12:51:39

LukeM
Website

Gosha wrote:

have to agree with people above me. I remember you "hoped" to release beta in the end of July. 2 months passed and you tell us "this month". Without some actual date this promise doesn't feel trust-worthy

We don't have an exact date yet, if we did we'd be telling you. To have an exact date we'd need to either set it way later than we need to, or to have finished everything already, in which case we might as well just start it now. We're giving you our best estimate of when we'll have finished the last few tweaks and changes, which is all that we can give you. However, if you've been following development you'll know that there's not much left for us to do, basically just UI changes and bugfixing, so there's not a lot that could go wrong and take much longer than expected.

As for the checking your inbox thing, it should be pretty obvious when the beta actually starts, there'll be a load of posts on the forums, and people will most likely be talking about it in any EE related discord servers. If you don't check either of these regularly you can always set up mail notifications, it's really easy to do with the built in mail app if you use Windows 10 (in fact, I think it happens automatically if you have a Microsoft account linked to your computer).

#79 2019-09-16 17:02:20

Charlie59876EE

capasha wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
capasha wrote:

"but we have to invite people on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on when accounts have clicked "Opt In" in Everybody Edits"
Which mean the first people who clicked opt-in get first, or do I understand wrong?

Yes, the first 50 people who opted in get invited at day 1 so if you were to opt in now you'd have to wait a few weeks

Which isn't weeks, it's months. And patreon wouldn't help either.

try doing maths for once. there's 50 people per day, and ~1350 people. 1350/50 = 27. that's just under a month

When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

#80 2019-09-16 21:36:02

peace

i tihnk i fit in the first 50 if not the 2nd or MABY ythe 3rd 50 poeple getting invited recheckign the dec 31 2018 thread i replaied to there wihtitnn ~2 horus saying i opted in after xeno made the post

peace.png

Wooted by:

#81 2019-09-18 08:16:25

Abronath

Well. At least the '2019' part was true.

Anyway. For me it's back to waiting for EEU to be playable for normal people who haven't spent money on patreon.

latest?cb=2019062608482318?cb=20190716073048

#82 2019-09-18 15:13:23

peace

i really hope EEU will just feel like an 'update' to EE liek a big one like EE 2.0 (effects) and/or lobby ovewrhaul and not liek a new game at all

peace.png

Wooted by:

#83 2019-09-18 16:17:42

Charlie59876EE

Abronath wrote:

Anyway. For me it's back to waiting for EEU to be playable for normal people who haven't spent money on patreon.

you don't need to be a patreon for closed beta access. you just need beta

mfe5hE8.png

Wooted by:

#84 2019-09-19 01:35:52

bunglybongle

cograds zenoneticks you pulled a bungie and somehow managed to get everyone hyped

Wooted by:

#85 2019-09-19 09:16:02

Abronath

Charlie59876EE wrote:
Abronath wrote:

I meant playable for people who haven't spent money on this game. Because unless you log in every day for I don't know how many months, there's no way you can get Beta without paying.
(And don't pretend you can get it by playing campaigns, campaings that give decent amounts of gems are impossible to complete.)

Wooted by:

#86 2019-09-19 20:32:06, last edited by peace (2019-09-19 20:48:07)

peace

Abronath wrote:
Charlie59876EE wrote:
Abronath wrote:

I meant playable for people who haven't spent money on this game. Because unless you log in every day for I don't know how many months, there's no way you can get Beta without paying.
(And don't pretend you can get it by playing campaigns, campaings that give decent amounts of gems are impossible to complete.)

actualy there is a handfull of medium campaigns and lower which gives 1-2 gems each hold on lemme find the outdated ghraph

EDIT:

LukeM @ 08-02-2019 15:58:57, last edited by LukeM (08-02-2019 16:08:31) wrote:

I agree that speaking out about issues you think the game has is a good thing, but when you look into the actual data, the number of difficult campaigns isn't really a problem.

Here's an updated copy of a pie chart I made a while ago:

Hidden text

Since the last time I linked this, the number of campaign worlds the average player can beat has gone up significantly. The reality is that we've been releasing far fewer difficult worlds recently.

The player count has been going down for a long time now, since way before campaigns were a thing (although recently its become more stable). Several reasons include the huge period with no updates during MrShoe times, the fact that Flash is no longer really a supported platform, and that web games are becoming less popular.

We are currently in the process of moving to HTML5, which will have a number of benefits, including better performance, support by default in all major browsers, and more compatibility with other platforms such as Steam, Facebook and Mobile. We are also redesigning the game in the process to hopefully bring back some of its charm, make it feel more modern, and make updating it easier.

We're hoping that all of this will breathe new life back into EE, making it a generally more enjoyable game to play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

peace.png

#87 2019-09-20 02:32:44, last edited by Abronath (2019-09-20 08:01:31)

Abronath

peace wrote:
Abronath wrote:
Charlie59876EE wrote:
Abronath wrote:

actualy there is a handfull of medium campaigns and lower which gives 1-2 gems each hold on lemme find the outdated ghraph

1. I'd need to make a new account. 2. Still doesn't get me 75 gems. Or would it.....Testing Time! Everything up to and including medium + 1  should give me 75 gems! Well...time to put my campaigning expertise to work again! wonders wether seasonal campaings where included in that graph

edit :
I looked in game, and there is no way I can get 75 gems from campaigns that are possible for me.
Well... I'm not gonna waste time completing campaigns again, so for me it's back to waiting for the game to be released for people who haven't paid money/logged in everyday for ages.

Edit 2 :
If only it would be humanly possible to complete those extreme campaigns. Then I could get beta for free. But no. The devs had to chose levels that are impossible for normal humans.

#88 2019-09-20 17:10:48

NoNK

I feel bad for ya, son. I've been in the same boat as you. A poor child without money to spend on video games that ultimately don't matter, even among other video games. You'll get over it eventually. It's just a flash game.

If you contact me though, I might be able to hook you up with a spare key once they start handing those out. I've got two beta accounts and no use for two keys. That would also assume I still have the password for that second account somewhere in my memory.

#89 2019-09-20 17:33:20

peace

NoNK wrote:

I feel bad for ya, son. I've been in the same boat as you. A poor child without money to spend on video games that ultimately don't matter, even among other video games. You'll get over it eventually. It's just a flash game.

If you contact me though, I might be able to hook you up with a spare key once they start handing those out. I've got two beta accounts and no use for two keys. That would also assume I still have the password for that second account somewhere in my memory.

use the email to recover it and if itdoesnt exist pray it actualy doesnt so you can create that email and chnage the pass

peace.png

#90 2019-09-20 20:58:05, last edited by Charlie59876EE (2019-09-20 20:59:46)

Charlie59876EE

peace wrote:
NoNK wrote:

use the email to recover it and if itdoesnt exist pray it actualy doesnt so you can create that email and chnage the pass

wait **** i have my other account too.
but the email doesn't exist anymore so i can't get an email for it

mfe5hE8.png

#91 2019-09-21 18:41:03

Mariomaster

I'm dreaming, I have to be.

Time to get to work on Kongregate!

Wooted by: (2)

#92 2019-09-23 16:04:42

peace

to clarify things when EEU CB is done and you get your email you'll get th elink to the website aswell as an code? and to login you either need your facebok acount or google acount? and is this later changeable into an normal acoutn and can oyu later unlink your fb? is it also possible to use aaacounts liek kongregate acount?

peace.png

#93 2019-09-23 17:28:17

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

to clarify things when EEU CB is done and you get your email you'll get th elink to the website aswell as an code? and to login you either need your facebok acount or google acount? and is this later changeable into an normal acoutn and can oyu later unlink your fb? is it also possible to use aaacounts liek kongregate acount?

Unless something changes in the next few weeks, you'll get an email with a link to register for the beta. This link will be something along the lines of some.url?key=[beta key], so you should just need to click it and it will automatically enter the key. When you get to the site, you'll be prompted to log in to either a Google or Facebook account to use to sign in to your account.

We don't currently support anything other than Google and Facebook, and short of contacting a staff member directly we don't support adding another authentication method or removing an old one, but we plan on supporting these things later in the beta.

#94 2019-09-23 21:01:29

peace

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:

Unless something changes in the next few weeks, you'll get an email with a link to register for the beta. This link will be something along the lines of some.url?key=[beta key], so you should just need to click it and it will automatically enter the key. When you get to the site, you'll be prompted to log in to either a Google or Facebook account to use to sign in to your account.

We don't currently support anything other than Google and Facebook, and short of contacting a staff member directly we don't support adding another authentication method or removing an old one, but we plan on supporting these things later in the beta.

no i emean unlink an acount form facebook if th enormal login is made or an other method is made

peace.png

Wooted by:

#95 2019-09-24 01:55:20

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

no i emean unlink an acount form facebook if th enormal login is made or an other method is made

Yes, we plan on allowing you to switch to a new method, and I think we plan on allowing you to remove a method should you want to later on.

Wooted by: (2)

#96 2019-09-24 07:29:46

peace

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Yes, we plan on allowing you to switch to a new method, and I think we plan on allowing you to remove a method should you want to later on.

lukem youre best <3 ❤❤
you may not leave the staff team EVER //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

peace.png

Wooted by:

#97 2019-09-25 16:03:01

Charlie59876EE

It's coming near the end of the month, and i haven't heard about any invites yes and still don't have a date

mfe5hE8.png

#98 2019-09-25 16:12:15

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Charlie59876EE wrote:

It's coming near the end of the month, and i haven't heard about any invites yes and still don't have a date

It's most likely not coming out this month lmfao

gLjTZE1.png

#99 2019-09-25 16:23:29

peace

yeah i havent checke dmy mail box in smome days let me do

peace.png

#100 2019-09-28 12:27:12

Doomsdaytoy9000

I am thoroughly excited for inevitable disappoint

XR0wvu0.png

Wooted by: (3)
Kikikan1602016097785088

Board footer