Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#76 2019-09-16 06:46:22

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,915

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

LukeM wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

Following this, we'll be sending out emails and Kongregate inbox messages to approximately 50 people at a time out of the massive 1350 of you who have opted in to play EE Universe!

when, exactly?

no really, when are you going to start doing this?

Xenonetix wrote:

The first invites are very likely to be sent out this month

have to agree with people above me. I remember you "hoped" to release beta in the end of July. 2 months passed and you tell us "this month". Without some actual date this promise doesn't feel trust-worthy

Offline

#77 2019-09-16 07:31:25

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

Gosha wrote:

Without some actual date this promise doesn't feel trust-worthy

i feel it is but i want an exacter date as to not check mail box every single second


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#78 2019-09-16 12:51:39

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,911
Website

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

Gosha wrote:

have to agree with people above me. I remember you "hoped" to release beta in the end of July. 2 months passed and you tell us "this month". Without some actual date this promise doesn't feel trust-worthy

We don't have an exact date yet, if we did we'd be telling you. To have an exact date we'd need to either set it way later than we need to, or to have finished everything already, in which case we might as well just start it now. We're giving you our best estimate of when we'll have finished the last few tweaks and changes, which is all that we can give you. However, if you've been following development you'll know that there's not much left for us to do, basically just UI changes and bugfixing, so there's not a lot that could go wrong and take much longer than expected.

As for the checking your inbox thing, it should be pretty obvious when the beta actually starts, there'll be a load of posts on the forums, and people will most likely be talking about it in any EE related discord servers. If you don't check either of these regularly you can always set up mail notifications, it's really easy to do with the built in mail app if you use Windows 10 (in fact, I think it happens automatically if you have a Microsoft account linked to your computer).

Offline

#79 2019-09-16 17:02:20

Charlie59876EE
Member
Joined: 2016-06-18
Posts: 133

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

capasha wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
capasha wrote:

"but we have to invite people on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on when accounts have clicked "Opt In" in Everybody Edits"
Which mean the first people who clicked opt-in get first, or do I understand wrong?

Yes, the first 50 people who opted in get invited at day 1 so if you were to opt in now you'd have to wait a few weeks

Which isn't weeks, it's months. And patreon wouldn't help either.

try doing maths for once. there's 50 people per day, and ~1350 people. 1350/50 = 27. that's just under a month


When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

Offline

#80 2019-09-16 21:36:02

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

i tihnk i fit in the first 50 if not the 2nd or MABY ythe 3rd 50 poeple getting invited recheckign the dec 31 2018 thread i replaied to there wihtitnn ~2 horus saying i opted in after xeno made the post


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

Wooted by:

#81 2019-09-18 08:16:25

Abronath
Member
From: Probably a world...
Joined: 2019-01-04
Posts: 15

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

Well. At least the '2019' part was true.

Anyway. For me it's back to waiting for EEU to be playable for normal people who haven't spent money on patreon.


A Server dedicated RP's, RPG's both in and out of EE.
embed.png?style=banner2latest?cb=2019062608482318?cb=20190716073048

Offline

#82 2019-09-18 15:13:23

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

i really hope EEU will just feel like an 'update' to EE liek a big one like EE 2.0 (effects) and/or lobby ovewrhaul and not liek a new game at all


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

Wooted by:

#83 2019-09-18 16:17:42

Charlie59876EE
Member
Joined: 2016-06-18
Posts: 133

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

Abronath wrote:

Well. At least the '2019' part was true.

Anyway. For me it's back to waiting for EEU to be playable for normal people who haven't spent money on patreon.

you don't need to be a patreon for closed beta access. you just need beta


When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#84 2019-09-19 01:35:52

sxrrealism
Formerly Arizona0117
From: europe
Joined: 2018-06-08
Posts: 415

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

cograds zenoneticks you pulled a bungie and somehow managed to get everyone hyped


I fricking hate Stuart Little. I know what you’re thinking, this is some kind of funny joke, but no. Stuart Little is a piece of crap. A damn rat got picked over actual children at an orphanage and he’s supposed to be a hero? And I can’t even tell you how many damn times I’ve seen a great parking space only to turn the corner and realise Stuart Little is already parked there in his stupid little fricking convertible. He took my wife and the kids and my house and my job. I swear to fricking god, I’m going to kill myself and take that goddarn rodent to heck with me. Stuart Little has ruined my family. Last summer, I approached the miserable mouse in the street, and asked him for his autograph, because my son is a huge fan. The fricking rat gave me the autograph and told me to burn in heck. Later, when I gave my son the autograph he started crying and said he hated me. Turns out the mousefricker didnt write his autograph, no, he wrote “you’re a piece of crap, and i fricked your mom”. I’m now divorced, and planning a huge class-action lawsuit against the white devil that ruined my life. Your time is almost over, Stuart. All the people you’ve wronged will rise against you.

Offline

Wooted by:

#85 2019-09-19 09:16:02

Abronath
Member
From: Probably a world...
Joined: 2019-01-04
Posts: 15

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

Charlie59876EE wrote:
Abronath wrote:

Well. At least the '2019' part was true.

Anyway. For me it's back to waiting for EEU to be playable for normal people who haven't spent money on patreon.

you don't need to be a patreon for closed beta access. you just need beta

I meant playable for people who haven't spent money on this game. Because unless you log in every day for I don't know how many months, there's no way you can get Beta without paying.
(And don't pretend you can get it by playing campaigns, campaings that give decent amounts of gems are impossible to complete.)


A Server dedicated RP's, RPG's both in and out of EE.
embed.png?style=banner2latest?cb=2019062608482318?cb=20190716073048

Offline

Wooted by:

#86 2019-09-19 20:32:06, last edited by peace (2019-09-19 20:48:07)

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

Abronath wrote:
Charlie59876EE wrote:
Abronath wrote:

Well. At least the '2019' part was true.

Anyway. For me it's back to waiting for EEU to be playable for normal people who haven't spent money on patreon.

you don't need to be a patreon for closed beta access. you just need beta

I meant playable for people who haven't spent money on this game. Because unless you log in every day for I don't know how many months, there's no way you can get Beta without paying.
(And don't pretend you can get it by playing campaigns, campaings that give decent amounts of gems are impossible to complete.)

actualy there is a handfull of medium campaigns and lower which gives 1-2 gems each hold on lemme find the outdated ghraph

EDIT:

LukeM @ 08-02-2019 15:58:57, last edited by LukeM (08-02-2019 16:08:31) wrote:

I agree that speaking out about issues you think the game has is a good thing, but when you look into the actual data, the number of difficult campaigns isn't really a problem.

Here's an updated copy of a pie chart I made a while ago:

Hidden text

Since the last time I linked this, the number of campaign worlds the average player can beat has gone up significantly. The reality is that we've been releasing far fewer difficult worlds recently.

The player count has been going down for a long time now, since way before campaigns were a thing (although recently its become more stable). Several reasons include the huge period with no updates during MrShoe times, the fact that Flash is no longer really a supported platform, and that web games are becoming less popular.

We are currently in the process of moving to HTML5, which will have a number of benefits, including better performance, support by default in all major browsers, and more compatibility with other platforms such as Steam, Facebook and Mobile. We are also redesigning the game in the process to hopefully bring back some of its charm, make it feel more modern, and make updating it easier.

We're hoping that all of this will breathe new life back into EE, making it a generally more enjoyable game to play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#87 2019-09-20 02:32:44, last edited by Abronath (2019-09-20 08:01:31)

Abronath
Member
From: Probably a world...
Joined: 2019-01-04
Posts: 15

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

peace wrote:
Abronath wrote:
Charlie59876EE wrote:
Abronath wrote:

Well. At least the '2019' part was true.

Anyway. For me it's back to waiting for EEU to be playable for normal people who haven't spent money on patreon.

you don't need to be a patreon for closed beta access. you just need beta

I meant playable for people who haven't spent money on this game. Because unless you log in every day for I don't know how many months, there's no way you can get Beta without paying.
(And don't pretend you can get it by playing campaigns, campaings that give decent amounts of gems are impossible to complete.)

actualy there is a handfull of medium campaigns and lower which gives 1-2 gems each hold on lemme find the outdated ghraph

1. I'd need to make a new account. 2. Still doesn't get me 75 gems. Or would it.....Testing Time! Everything up to and including medium + 1  should give me 75 gems! Well...time to put my campaigning expertise to work again! wonders wether seasonal campaings where included in that graph

edit :
I looked in game, and there is no way I can get 75 gems from campaigns that are possible for me.
Well... I'm not gonna waste time completing campaigns again, so for me it's back to waiting for the game to be released for people who haven't paid money/logged in everyday for ages.

Edit 2 :
If only it would be humanly possible to complete those extreme campaigns. Then I could get beta for free. But no. The devs had to chose levels that are impossible for normal humans.


A Server dedicated RP's, RPG's both in and out of EE.
embed.png?style=banner2latest?cb=2019062608482318?cb=20190716073048

Offline

#88 2019-09-20 17:10:48

NoNK
Member
Joined: 2019-07-13
Posts: 577

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

I feel bad for ya, son. I've been in the same boat as you. A poor child without money to spend on video games that ultimately don't matter, even among other video games. You'll get over it eventually. It's just a flash game.

If you contact me though, I might be able to hook you up with a spare key once they start handing those out. I've got two beta accounts and no use for two keys. That would also assume I still have the password for that second account somewhere in my memory.

Offline

#89 2019-09-20 17:33:20

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

NoNK wrote:

I feel bad for ya, son. I've been in the same boat as you. A poor child without money to spend on video games that ultimately don't matter, even among other video games. You'll get over it eventually. It's just a flash game.

If you contact me though, I might be able to hook you up with a spare key once they start handing those out. I've got two beta accounts and no use for two keys. That would also assume I still have the password for that second account somewhere in my memory.

use the email to recover it and if itdoesnt exist pray it actualy doesnt so you can create that email and chnage the pass


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#90 2019-09-20 20:58:05, last edited by Charlie59876EE (2019-09-20 20:59:46)

Charlie59876EE
Member
Joined: 2016-06-18
Posts: 133

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

peace wrote:
NoNK wrote:

I feel bad for ya, son. I've been in the same boat as you. A poor child without money to spend on video games that ultimately don't matter, even among other video games. You'll get over it eventually. It's just a flash game.

If you contact me though, I might be able to hook you up with a spare key once they start handing those out. I've got two beta accounts and no use for two keys. That would also assume I still have the password for that second account somewhere in my memory.

use the email to recover it and if itdoesnt exist pray it actualy doesnt so you can create that email and chnage the pass

wait **** i have my other account too.
but the email doesn't exist anymore so i can't get an email for it


When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

Offline

#91 2019-09-21 18:41:03

Mariomaster
Member
Joined: 2018-07-04
Posts: 37

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

I'm dreaming, I have to be.

Time to get to work on Kongregate!

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#92 2019-09-23 16:04:42

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

to clarify things when EEU CB is done and you get your email you'll get th elink to the website aswell as an code? and to login you either need your facebok acount or google acount? and is this later changeable into an normal acoutn and can oyu later unlink your fb? is it also possible to use aaacounts liek kongregate acount?


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#93 2019-09-23 17:28:17

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,911
Website

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

peace wrote:

to clarify things when EEU CB is done and you get your email you'll get th elink to the website aswell as an code? and to login you either need your facebok acount or google acount? and is this later changeable into an normal acoutn and can oyu later unlink your fb? is it also possible to use aaacounts liek kongregate acount?

Unless something changes in the next few weeks, you'll get an email with a link to register for the beta. This link will be something along the lines of some.url?key=[beta key], so you should just need to click it and it will automatically enter the key. When you get to the site, you'll be prompted to log in to either a Google or Facebook account to use to sign in to your account.

We don't currently support anything other than Google and Facebook, and short of contacting a staff member directly we don't support adding another authentication method or removing an old one, but we plan on supporting these things later in the beta.

Offline

#94 2019-09-23 21:01:29

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:

to clarify things when EEU CB is done and you get your email you'll get th elink to the website aswell as an code? and to login you either need your facebok acount or google acount? and is this later changeable into an normal acoutn and can oyu later unlink your fb? is it also possible to use aaacounts liek kongregate acount?

Unless something changes in the next few weeks, you'll get an email with a link to register for the beta. This link will be something along the lines of some.url?key=[beta key], so you should just need to click it and it will automatically enter the key. When you get to the site, you'll be prompted to log in to either a Google or Facebook account to use to sign in to your account.

We don't currently support anything other than Google and Facebook, and short of contacting a staff member directly we don't support adding another authentication method or removing an old one, but we plan on supporting these things later in the beta.

no i emean unlink an acount form facebook if th enormal login is made or an other method is made


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

Wooted by:

#95 2019-09-24 01:55:20

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,911
Website

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

no i emean unlink an acount form facebook if th enormal login is made or an other method is made

Yes, we plan on allowing you to switch to a new method, and I think we plan on allowing you to remove a method should you want to later on.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#96 2019-09-24 07:29:46

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:

no i emean unlink an acount form facebook if th enormal login is made or an other method is made

Yes, we plan on allowing you to switch to a new method, and I think we plan on allowing you to remove a method should you want to later on.

lukem youre best <3 ❤❤
you may not leave the staff team EVER //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

Wooted by:

#97 2019-09-25 16:03:01

Charlie59876EE
Member
Joined: 2016-06-18
Posts: 133

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

It's coming near the end of the month, and i haven't heard about any invites yes and still don't have a date


When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

Offline

#98 2019-09-25 16:12:15

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,470
Website

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

Charlie59876EE wrote:

It's coming near the end of the month, and i haven't heard about any invites yes and still don't have a date

It's most likely not coming out this month lmfao

Offline

#99 2019-09-25 16:23:29

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,922

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

yeah i havent checke dmy mail box in smome days let me do


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#100 2019-09-28 12:27:12

Doomsdaytoy9000
Member
From: Where your eyes can't go
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 741

Re: EE Universe Closed Beta Information!

I am thoroughly excited for inevitable disappoint


XR0wvu0.png

Offline

Wooted by: (3)
huk941574417290768302

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1575764171.0706 - Generated in 0.120 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.7 MiB (Peak: 1.97 MiB) ]