Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-08-18 22:16:22, last edited by Kira (2019-08-31 19:31:22)

Kira
Member
Joined: 2019-04-22
Posts: 582

Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

MAFIA 29: The French Revolution

Moderator: Kira



4-1.jpg

Playerlist: (TBD)

-Peace (Replacing JoeyC)
-TaskManager
-2B55B5G TNG (Replacing Luka504)
-NorwegianboyEE - Doctor
-mutantdevle
-ShadowsEdge
-Zumza - Villager
-MrJawapa - Jester - Winner
-ZeldaXD
-Eleizibeth - Vanilla Townie
-Slabdrill
-Bimps (Replacing HeebusBajesus)
-Crybaby - Veteran

RULES:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the forum rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 72 hours (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 24 hours.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- You are expected to put a minimum of effort in your posts.
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Make your vote clear and visible.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then the day will go overtime.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 3 consecutive night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may PM your night action every night.

Activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- #2EFFBD is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.



ROLELIST:

Vanilla Town:
-Le Vétéran (Veteran): You are the Veteran, a crazy lunatic that will kill anyone that decides to visit you at night. You can only use your ability 2 times, send me a private message at night time when you decide to use your ability.
-Le Guet (Look-out): You are the Look-out, your ability is to observe a player and see who visited them during a particular night. You can use your role as many times as you want, but you cannot visit the same person twice.
-Le Médecin (Doctor): You are the Doctor, your ability is to protect anyone from dying in a particular night. You are allowed to heal yourself once but you cannot heal the same person twice.
-6 Villageois (Villagers)

Mafia Goon:
-Le Déguiseur (Disguiser): You are the Disguiser. You may disguise as a living target, which makes you appear as that person’s role, should you die that night or the following day.
-Le Concierge (Janitor): You are the Janitor. your ability is to completely erase one’s identity, as such, the murdered’s role and note will not be revealed. You can use your ability 2 times.
-Godfather

Neutral Evil:
-Le Boufon (Jester): You are the Jester! You are obsessed with the guillotine and hope to get lynched at all cost. Upon lynch, you will get the chance to kill anyone that voted for your death.



SETUP:

-3 Mafias
-9 Townies
-1 Neutral

-Win condition for Mafia is to have at least 1 Mafia alive at the end of the game. If 1 town and 1 mafia are alive, then Mafia will automatically win the game.
-Win condition for Town is to have killed all mafia members and the neutral.
-Win condition for Neutral is to get lynched.
-Mafia will have private room they can use at all time, there won't be any Martyr PT.
-The game will be based on a day and night cycle, the timezone used will be GMT +1, Paris. https://time.is/fr/Paris







HAVE FUN!

Online

#2 2019-08-19 13:49:37

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I thought this game was gonna start a whole two hours later so I was prepared to only talk on this thread on my phone. Although, it is nice that I can spend some time at home playing this before I go off to school.

And to Task, yeah Kira changed it to Jester, because they said on the EE Discord that the Arsonist would be weird since it's another killing role, and adds some level of luck to the game. It was between Survivor and Jester, and Kira chose Jester to make things more interesting.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#3 2019-08-19 13:57:48

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I'm fully aware of that fact. xD

But I meant for now, since I have school in the way and all. I'll be on occasionally, and I don't actually leave for school for another two hours (When I thought Day would actually start).


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#4 2019-08-19 14:05:38

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

That's a little hasty. I think we should wait for everyone to say something, that way we get some input from everyone on who we should lynch. I don't think we should rush into it, otherwise we might make a wrong decision.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#5 2019-08-19 14:17:13

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

From my experience time reading through PurgatorEE, Slabdrill was the one who was most inactive. Jawapa and Zelda talked considerably more than Slab, except for Jawapa, who was more inactive at the start of the game for some reason.

But just because they're inactive doesn't mean they're Mafia. I think we should, like Task suggested, hold off on pointing fingers at anyone, at least until everyone has said something.

I invited Heebus. Their account is new and the same thing happened to me when I started making forum posts. It probably wont last for long, since they'll probably be posting a lot here anyways.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#6 2019-08-19 14:22:17

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

mutantdevle wrote:

So you and Heebus know each other quite well then?

You seem fairly competent so I'd assume your friend is too. Based on your comments in previous threads, I take it you have more experience with mafia than just reading PurgatorEE?

Yeah we've known each other for a while. And yes, she knows how Mafia is played and all, since we play Mafia on Discord together, and sometimes play Mafia-type games together.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#7 2019-08-19 14:26:30

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Yeah. I'd probably be the best one to read Heebus, and Heebus would probably be the best to read me. Not only for the fact that we play Mafia together, but since we've known each other for a long time.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#8 2019-08-19 14:43:14

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I agree with the fact that Jawapa isn't a lurker. Last game he was somewhat active, he wasn't the most active, obviously, but he wasn't as disconnected from the game as Slab was. Slab would usually only send like 1 or 2 messages a phase. Which is why I think Luka suggested him.

I honestly don't know how Zumza plays, so my opinion on him is pretty vague. But considering Task asked about Zumza in response to Luka claiming we should lynch Slab, I'm willing to assume that Zumza was inactive, and in general pretty disconnected from the game.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#9 2019-08-19 14:58:19

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Uh, we can't do that. It's stated in the rules that one person has to be lynched every day. Unless Kira changed the rules, we can't just sit back.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#10 2019-08-19 15:23:00

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Also one thing I want to clarify. Because Heebus DMd me about it earlier too. Heebus a girl, not a dude. xD


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

Wooted by:

#11 2019-08-19 15:52:53

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I don't think we should be too hasty to lynch someone. We have 72 hours to decide who we want to lynch. So we can find a potential suspect to lynch. While the inactive players are the best option, at the moment, it might be the best option for us to hold off on lynching someone until we get more information. That way, if another suspect arises, for a reason different than just being inactive, we have a more likely candidate for a Mafia member.

I think the inactive players should only be lynched as a worst case scenario.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

Wooted by:

#12 2019-08-19 15:57:57

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I don't expect much. What I'm really hoping for is for more conversation on who to lynch to go on. So that we can determine more people's motives. I'm not against lynching an inactive person. I just don't think that it's the best option available.

Yes, it is the easiest option, at the moment, since we have no information on anyone, but to be frank, sometimes the easiest option isn't the best option. That's why I'm suggesting we hold off on lynching an inactive person so that we can lynch someone who is more likely to be Mafia, if that case arises.

In any case. I have to head off to school now. I'll be able to read the forums while I'm there, and post some stuff, but I won't be as talkative for the next 7 hours as I was these past few hours.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#13 2019-08-19 16:10:41

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

If you guys want to lynch an inactive person right off the bat, that's fine, I'm not going to force you to play the waiting game if you don't want to. But I want to give everyone at least the chance to talk, that way we can get some information from everyone, and possibly find someone who is more suspicious than just: "They're inactive."


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#14 2019-08-19 20:26:58

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Sorry if any format stuff looks weird. Doing this on my phone.

mutantdevle wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

What I'm really hoping for is for more conversation on who to lynch to go on.

What do you think we're doing by discussing Slabdrill? We're generating conversation.

Yes, I know. My point isnt that we shouldn't lynch Slabdrill. My point is that we should get input from everyone, that way we can gather intellects and choose a more likely target of being Mafia. Random lynching, or even lynching for inactivity, while it does work, it's not the most cut and clean way of choosing who to lynch. I'm open to lynching Slabdrill as a worst case scenario, but as the first, and immediate option, it's not the most secure. Inactivity does not equal Mafia.

mutantdevle wrote:

This kind of thought process is actually quite negative for discussion. It serves to shut down discussion; the very thing you claim to be waiting for. It's annoying that this kind of talk happens at the start of almost every game as I honestly thought we'd be over this by now.

I do feel that waiting for people to put their piece in is essential for everyone. Especially at the beginning. Any Mafia member can push for a lynch on an inactive person, and because they're inactive, they can't defend themselves. That's why I want to wait for everyone to put their input in, that way we lynch the right person, and not just someone that's inactive.

TaskManager wrote:

Focusing Slab only is slightly odd, but not necessarily scum indicative, especially if there is no other people known to be major lurkers, which is the case here and leads me to the next question:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

there were in fact a lot of other easy and completely valid choices for inactive players to lynch by that point?

Who are the other valid choices for inactive players? Mind you, I support giving Slab the rope because of his inactivity in previous games and I believe that was Luka's reasoning too. This invalidates Ele, Joey, Shadows, and his friend as candidates for lynch by this criteria because they are first time players

I think Norwegian has a valid point. Luka was pushing for a lynch, and had been since the start of the game. So his actions made him suspicious. I don't know if 2B is just doing damage control, or is very well confused by Luka's actions, but because of it, I think 2B should be considered suspicious regardless. I don't want to call him as Mafia yet, but his actions are suspicious.

As for Norwegian, I do also find it quite weird that Norwegian focused on Luka, there were plenty other that pushed for a lynch on an inactive person, yet the only one Norwegian mentioned as being suspicious was Luka. I might just be paranoid or something, but I'd be stupid to not consider Norwegian as suspicious.

TaskManager wrote:

I also find it odd how you completely ignored Slab's candidacy prior to turning on Luka, except for mentioning him in your candidates list

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lurkers flip my **** too.
Also take a look at this dude.

HeebusBajesus
>Joined yesterday
>Posts: 1

HeebusBajesus wrote:

>"Arg arg arg spongebob me boy I just had crab rangoon arg arg arg"

This could be an attempt at diverting attention from Slab to another person that's a newcomer, therefore easy target

I do agree with your assessment that Norwegian might be trying to divert the lynch. Thus far, Heebus hasnt said anything suspicious (a part from her jokes at the beginning). And Norwegian is essentially contradicting himself, I cant really quote it, but at one point, Norwegian claimed that Heebus would not be a good lynch for Day 1, but for some reason, in that statement, is diverting the attention to the person they said would not be a good Day 1 lynch candidate.

Ill do my reads when I get home. But my lunch break is about to end, and I wanted to get my input in here.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

Wooted by:

#15 2019-08-20 00:13:04

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Heyo, I just got home. I'll post some reads later, but I just wanted to get this post out with some information beforehand.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Not sure i understand this part of your post. Though everything you wrote before that was excellent. The reason i pointed him out before changing my position on him is that he seemed like he was at best, an alt. And at worst, an newbie that signed up only to stay afk. But he turned out to actually have some intelligence behind his posts and is a friend of you. Therefore my distrust vanished and i wanted to see what he had to offer, thus there would be no point in lynching him for day 1.

Sorry for formatting and grammar on that post. It was rushed, and I wrote it on my phone. I was close to ending the lunch period when I was almost done with that, so I didn't have the most time in the world to proof read it all, my bad.

As for my claim on you. I'm sorry I misinterpreted it. Like I said, I was writing it on my phone (Which is why the end bit of it wasn't quoted), which is why I paraphrased it from what I remembered. And you interpreting Heebus as a newbie is fine, I think everyone here thought she was.

mutantdevle wrote:

I'm pretty sure Norwegian's criticisms were of how strongly Luka was pushing. The same can't be said for the others who simply agreed with Luka's position.

No no, I'm aware of that. But there are other people who are pushing for a lynch, maybe not as strongly as Luka was, but people who are pushing for a lynch solely because of inactivity. While I don't agree with the lynched, Norwegian simply only singled out Luka. I'm aware that Luka's push for a lynch was the strongest of them all.

And I did address Luka's push for a lynch, the only reason I didn't elaborate too much into it, is because anything I could have said about his lynch, had already been said; I didn't want to sound like a broken record. I brought up Norwegian's case to bring up the other side of the spectrum. I do believe that Luka is more suspicious than Norwegian. But like I said, I just want both sides to be heard, that way we come up with the best solution.

Thus far, I think we should take a look into the people who are pushing for an inactive lynch. While playing aggressively is a play style, we have yet to even get through the first 12 hours of the first day. For that reason, I believe that some of the people who actively pushed for a lynch may be Mafia. It would definitely be worth taking a look into.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#16 2019-08-20 00:17:29

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I should clarify, I mean't actively pushed for a lynch on an inactive person.*

The reason I suspected Norwegian was for a different reason, and could hold back until more evidence is gathered. But I think we could get substantial evidence just by looking through the people who pushed for a lynch against an inactive person.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#17 2019-08-20 03:58:37

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Ok so I feel weird triple posting. But I'm gonna do the reads now. Sorry for taking so long to get around to it, I was doing homework, and I'm taking a break from doing it to post my reads on people.

The People who are actually active

> 2B55B5G TNG (Luka504) - Suggested a lynch within the first hour of the game. Throughout this time, has been set on trying to lynch Slab, although, when 2B took over, 2B stopped the suspicion over Slab, and switched to the approach of waiting for Day. While I do agree with the assessment 2B made, the sudden change in playstyle, despite the fact that Luka plays much different to 2B, gives off a suspicious vibe. Unsure of their role, but too early to claim anything for them.
> Eleizibeth - While I'm pretty sure her claim came from my persistance on not wanting to do a lynch on an inactive person without input from town, I do think that she's genuine in her words.
> HeebusBajesus - Hasn't said anything related to the game. While she does claim to be doing so for the reason that there's nothing to do, I know that Heebus normally is active, even on Day 1, that way she can get ahead of the Mafia. While, like with others in this list, it's too early to claim, her choosing to not contribute to anything is somewhat suspicious to me. Her claim to simply sit back because she doesn't know anyone seems out of character to me.
> JoeyC - Joey seemed to side with Luka's opinion. Then on a later post, seemed to question the lynch against Slab, or something. His second post was confusing to me, so it might be better for someone else to read him. And according to Task, this was meant to change his opinion of a Slab lynch over to a Luka lynch. If that's the case, likely him just following the Town. Reasons for this still unclear to me, as I have a hard time reading him with only two posts available to read from.
> MrJawapa - Voted for an inactive player, and hasn't said too much of substance. But he seems to be defending Luka, and pushing for a lynch against Slab as well. And has encouraged town to o I would consider him suspicious.
> mutantdevle - Also pushed for a Slab lynch. Fluctuates between agreeing that the best target is an inactive lynch, towards Slab. And in odd occasions, supports the idea of a Luka lynch. At the start of the game he claimed that Slab would be useful to keep. My opinion of him is that he's mildly suspicious.
> NorwegianboyEE - My read on Norwegian is mixed. On one end, he counterclaimed Luka for their lynch on Slab, while also aggressively pushing for a lynch on Luka. I think it's likely between the two, one would be Mafia, but it could be possible that both are town. I don't consider Norwegian the most suspicious of anyone here, but to me, more suspicious than some others on the list.
> TaskManager - Task seems like Town in my opinion. His posts are mainly in retaliation to Luka, for being so hostile to Slab. He was the first one to rise suspicion on Luka, and has considered the idea that we should wait for discussion on the right person to lynch.
> ZeldaXD - Only has one post, which is the counterclaim to Norwegian's and other's claims of Luka. I do agree with the assessment that Zelda made from this, but it could be considered as protecting Luka. I don't think that was the main purpose of Zelda's post, however, since Zelda didn't actively try to stop people from lynching Luka, and instead warn people. I consider Zelda Townish.
> Zumza - Agrees with the assessment that the best option is to lynch an inactive person, similarly to Luka's assessment, assuming that the best option is Slab. I don't consider him as suspicious as Luka, but it is a possibility.

The Inactive Ones

> Crybaby & Slabdrill - These two haven't said a single thing. So I can't form any opinion on them. I can't do any reads against them, so i think a lynch against either of them should only be a worst case scenario, as I've previously mentioned.

I think that's everyone's reads. It took forever to get these reads together. Mainly because the Iso feature still isn't implemented, so while doing this I spent an hour surfing through the pages of this Forum to isolate posts from everyone to get a read on them. If I forgot to include messages, or events, in this post, I'm sorry, it took me forever just to get this part done.

In any case, I need to go now to get my homework done. I'll be inactive for a while to do that, but I hope my reads helped somewhat.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#18 2019-08-20 04:12:05

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Reading back on my reads, I just realized there is a typo I missed:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

> MrJawapa - Voted for an inactive player, and hasn't said too much of substance. But he seems to be defending Luka, and pushing for a lynch against Slab as well. And has encouraged town to o I would consider him suspicious.

I meant to say "Encouraged town to do so."


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#19 2019-08-20 06:12:04

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Crybaby wrote:

ShadowsEdge- You've been very open with people in this game so far. Most of what you said seems genuine, and you seem like a generally helpful townie. However, I notice a few things. You've said that Mrjawapa seems like he is defending Luka, and consider him suspicious for doing so, and you also think that TaskManager seems townie for calling Luka out on his assessment of Slabdrill. There are other people that you've said seem suspicious for seemingly backing up Luka, but from my reading of the thread, it doesn't really seem like anyone has the intention of protecting him (now 2B). I dont have a town read on Luka/2B, and 2B's first post did give "damage control" vibes as TaskManager had stated before, but that's only because 2B doesnt necessarily agree with Luka's actions. Basically, the point is, I dont think it's fair to just think people who want to lynch Slabdrill right now as suspicious.

I've kind of lost my train of thought but I'll post again probably, if I can remember if I missed anything

Ah well, thanks for the feedback. I'm not the best reader, I just tried my best with what I was given. And the assessments of who I considered suspicious not lining up with yours might have been from this line of my post:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Mainly because the Iso feature still isn't implemented, so while doing this I spent an hour surfing through the pages of this Forum to isolate posts from everyone to get a read on them. If I forgot to include messages, or events, in this post, I'm sorry, it took me forever just to get this part done.

Because the Iso hasn't been implemented yet, which makes it especially hard to do the reads for people. Plus, I was somewhat trying to rush, as I had taken roughly an hour to put together all of those reads, and I still had homework I needed to do. At the moment, I'm fine in standings with my homework, which is why I'm able to post now.

Hope that clarifies some stuff from my post.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#20 2019-08-20 06:18:35

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Crybaby wrote:

Well, it's kind of the same here, but I have no access to a computer at all. I'm limiting my time on it as it is pretty badly busted, and if I ever do go on it, it's probably going to be once a week at best. I dont intend on this being an excuse not to post, as I'll still try to be as active as I possibly can on mobile, but.. yeah. Me too, basically

Well I think you'll be fine. Right now, you're trying more than some other people. Which is good on your part.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#21 2019-08-20 06:27:19

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Crybaby wrote:

I just noticed something about myself too. I'm gonna keep trying to have some sort of structure to my posts, but I think they tend to get ramble-y so sorry about that. I think this is because I'm just typing what ever comes to mind. I'll try not to do that anymore, so my posts have more structure. I also dont want to misspeak (like I did with Luka)

To be honest, my posts are somewhat rambley too. I think your posts are fine. It got the point across and I understood it, just has to be that way for everyone else too. For now I think I'll put you as Town, since I have no reason to suspect you.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#22 2019-08-20 15:49:36

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Ok read through what I missed. Didn't seem like I missed too much, but I'll respond to what I feel like I need to.

eleizibeth wrote:

I thought this way before you really posted anything about it but just didn't know how to word it. in your one post (#53), you worded it perfectly and i agreed with it, so i can see why you think I got the idea from you

Oh ok. My mistake. I just assumed that you got the idea from me, since I was, maybe the second one to voice my opinion on the topic. Task being the first.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

In mafia 24, Slabdrill was the mafia roleblocker. He barely did anything in the game, yet he was almost never brought up as a lynch alternative except by me. I put his inactivity and the lack of people voting him out as very suspicious, then the next day i was murdered and nothing came from it. In fact he was one of the last people to be lynched in the game when he did almost nothing. Yet very few people criticized him for it during that time. So now, in this game where everyone seems totally ok with lynching him, we are supposed to believe he is mafia? I've learned a lot about mafia games through these last months and i realize now that some people don't even need to say anything, and yet it is possible to figure out which alignment they have. It is all about seeing how other people react to the idea of lynching them. How they interact with each other and so on. Therefore i do not want us to make unnecessary mislynches, even for day 1. I've thought things through and i realize i'd rather vote for someone that's been acting weird and has also been heavily defended for it like Mutant said. If i'm wrong, i'm wrong. But i stand by my current words and won't change my vote again.

!Vote 2B55B5G TNG

I do agree with the statements said here, as I do think that 2B's actions were suspicious with how sudden his change in tactics were. This could simply be because of how aggressive Luka plays, as Jawapa mentioned before. But it could also be, as you've mentioned before, an attempt to clear his name. Because of this, I'm unsure of my standings on him, at the moment, I do think that 2B is more suspicious than anyone else on the list. I do however, want to read his list of reads before making a final standing for my opinion of him. Which then I'll decide to vote for him or not.

Also, I'm so glad the Iso feature was added. The reads took me forever to do because there was no Iso feature. So I'm glad it's finally here.

I'll be going to school soon, but I'll be able to read the forums while i'm there so I can post anything if need be. And I'll be out for most of today, so i'll be making all my posts from my phone, for the mostpart.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#23 2019-08-21 00:02:21

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

So Im on a bit of a break. I have band practice coming up soon, so I wont be able to talk for a while after this. Also, sorry for any typos, also typing this on my phone since Im not home right now.

Im still unsure of 2B. Although, his reads look good, and definitely spent more time on them than me. I feel that Luka may have played aggresively as a playstyle, as Jawapa and Slab have said that's how he typically plays. On top of that, Slab sees no reason to suspect Luka, and as the target of the lynch, I'm more inclined to believe his assessment. Therefore, at the moment, I won't place a lynch on 2B. And instead on the person who I suspect significantly more than the others.

!vote Heebus Bajesus

Heebus is typically an active person. And her stance to stand idly by, when in other games, she's typically active, heightens my suspicion of her. If Heebus wants to respond to make a claim against this, I may reconsider my stance. But at the moment, since Heebus refuses to help with the advancement of this game, even for the claim of not knowing anyone, I will be placing my vote on her.

Ill be able to post somewhat if need be, but I wont be too active today because of my Band practice today.

I don't really want others to lynch Heebus immediately, but if she continues to refuse to help, then it may be worth looking into.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#24 2019-08-21 06:05:34

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

ZeldaXD wrote:

@ShadowsEdge Being "active" and being "inactive" are two very noticeable things if it changes from a game to another, and Heebus has stated that she can read you very well and viceversa, now here's the thing:

"Heebus is typically an active person. And her stance to stand idly by, when in other games, she's typically active, heightens my suspicion of her. ", was she mafia or town in these games? Or a mix?
Here are the possibilities:
1) Mafia-town mix
Then her inactivity could be because of genuine reasons, because it would mean she is not active/inactive depending on her role. Unless she's a jester, of course.
2) Town
If she is active when she's town, then suddenly becoming inactive if she's mafia would be very telling, especially since she's aware you can read her very well, so why would she do this as a strategy? It would be very easy for you to read her if that was the case.
3) Mafia
If she's active when she's mafia and inactive when she's town, then she could be going for a "I'm usually inactive when I'm town and I'm actually mafia in this game so I'll be inactive this game so ShadowsEdge can't read me as well" strategy or she could be genuinely town.

Honestly, it strikes me that you're going after her because she's the only person in this entire game that knows you well and has played with you before, so she would have the easiest time reading you, making her a threat if you're mafia and you want to get rid of her as soon as possible.

!lynch ShadowsEdge

As for the rest, I've read everything in the thread right now and nothing seems particularly suspicious about anyone else, nothing about anyone else tells me "this guy is def scum", but there's nothing that tells me "this guy is def town" about anyone else either for now, so.

Heebus has been active as both Town and Mafia, so suddenly choosing to not be active is a suspicious sign for me. It is completely possible she's Jester. But I think it's highly unlikely that she is, and more likely that she's either Town or Mafia in that stance. I chose the latter, since I didn't see a reason for someone who is Town to decide to not contribute to the conversation.

The point of me lynching Heebus was to get Heebus to talk. I know Heebus pretty well, and while it is suspicious of her to change her playstyle so suddenly, her playstyle doesn't differ all that much. The point of the lynch was to put pressure on Heebus, which is why I told others not to lynch for Heebus immediately, as I wanted to give Heebus the chance to speak. She did, and she did explain to be directly that it was an issue for her to read the posts.

Another note. I never said Heebus was the only one who could read me, I said Heebus was the one who could best read me

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Yeah. I'd probably be the best one to read Heebus, and Heebus would probably be the best to read me. Not only for the fact that we play Mafia together, but since we've known each other for a long time.

There are others who could maybe read me just as well, mainly being 2B, since he and I have known each other for around about a year now. Crybaby would also be someone who would likely be able to read me, since we've known each other for maybe 2 some years (Might have the amount wrong, but I don't really remember when, so if they are wrong, my apologies). Heebus is not the only person who knows me here, it's simply the fact that she's known me the longest that made me claim she would be best to read me.

In any case, in light of her talking and responding to my lynch, I'll be removing the lynch. Since, as I did mention, was only done to put pressure on Heebus to get her to talk. While what she said wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, I don't see any further reason to suspect her, at the moment.

!unvote

ZeldaXD wrote:

Really? This seems like a terrible excuse, if you didn't know how to go to the next page how did you get to the page 2 in the first place?

Side note, she does happen to make mistakes like that, and did seem generally confused when I did talk about the game to her. So that fact lines up.

I mentioned in my post , too, I went after Heebus specifically for the reason that I suspected her significantly more than anyone else on the list. Mainly since her playstyle differered so heavily from previous games, on top of the fact that she chose to sit by. Because of that, I felt it necessary to try to get an opinion out of her, mainly referring to her stance on choosing to sit idly by.

Anyway, sorry for the inactivity, my phone died while I was at practice, so I was unable to read the thread the entire time I was there. Although I did want to post some clarifications before getting back to doing homework. I can still post somewhat if I'm needed, but I'll be doing my homework now.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

#25 2019-08-21 15:02:00

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 227

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I'm up now.

I'm unsure of why people started on a lynch against Norwegian. I did suspect him, but it was on something miniscule that could be, still, interpreted as a Town move. I don't think I'll be lynching Norwegian, since Norwegian isn't really that big of a suspicion for me. Even if it's for proving his "Townness" or whatever, Norwegian has been useful in previous games.

I don't think this is really a good lynch to do, Norwegian has been useful in games past, and would be useful in this game as well, but lynching him from the start will get rid of his ability to do that. If you guys don't want to switch your opinions of him, that's fine. But, honestly, I think this lynch is pretty weird, because the basis for it is to "Confirm someone as Town."

I understand the basic idea of if anyone in the future days is lynched then they might actually be Mafia, because of Disguiser, but that's not really a reason to switch the vote to someone who is quite possibly town, and is being lynched for the reason of confirming townness. Especially when the lynch could be used on someone who is deemed more suspicious of being Mafia.

I read through what I missed on the forums, and honestly, didn't seem like I missed too much which is why I only made a post to the lynch on Norwegian. I believe there's only an hour left (Maybe not) until day ends, so I'm gonna go do my homework (since I got home so late last night, I didn't have time to finish it all). Although, I'll still be able to talk in that hour if need be.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

Wooted by:
peace1567329158761133

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1571875988.4284 - Generated in 0.192 seconds, 11 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.64 MiB (Peak: 1.95 MiB) ]