Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-08-18 22:16:22, last edited by Kira (2019-08-31 19:31:22)

Kira
Member
Joined: 2019-04-22
Posts: 844

Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

MAFIA 29: The French Revolution

Moderator: Kira



4-1.jpg

Playerlist: (TBD)

-Peace (Replacing JoeyC)
-TaskManager
-2B55B5G TNG (Replacing Luka504)
-NorwegianboyEE - Doctor
-mutantdevle
-ShadowsEdge
-Zumza - Villager
-MrJawapa - Jester - Winner
-ZeldaXD
-Eleizibeth - Vanilla Townie
-Slabdrill
-Bimps (Replacing HeebusBajesus)
-Crybaby - Veteran

RULES:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the forum rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 72 hours (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 24 hours.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- You are expected to put a minimum of effort in your posts.
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Make your vote clear and visible.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then the day will go overtime.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 3 consecutive night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may PM your night action every night.

Activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- #2EFFBD is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.



ROLELIST:

Vanilla Town:
-Le Vétéran (Veteran): You are the Veteran, a crazy lunatic that will kill anyone that decides to visit you at night. You can only use your ability 2 times, send me a private message at night time when you decide to use your ability.
-Le Guet (Look-out): You are the Look-out, your ability is to observe a player and see who visited them during a particular night. You can use your role as many times as you want, but you cannot visit the same person twice.
-Le Médecin (Doctor): You are the Doctor, your ability is to protect anyone from dying in a particular night. You are allowed to heal yourself once but you cannot heal the same person twice.
-6 Villageois (Villagers)

Mafia Goon:
-Le Déguiseur (Disguiser): You are the Disguiser. You may disguise as a living target, which makes you appear as that person’s role, should you die that night or the following day.
-Le Concierge (Janitor): You are the Janitor. your ability is to completely erase one’s identity, as such, the murdered’s role and note will not be revealed. You can use your ability 2 times.
-Godfather

Neutral Evil:
-Le Boufon (Jester): You are the Jester! You are obsessed with the guillotine and hope to get lynched at all cost. Upon lynch, you will get the chance to kill anyone that voted for your death.



SETUP:

-3 Mafias
-9 Townies
-1 Neutral

-Win condition for Mafia is to have at least 1 Mafia alive at the end of the game. If 1 town and 1 mafia are alive, then Mafia will automatically win the game.
-Win condition for Town is to have killed all mafia members and the neutral.
-Win condition for Neutral is to get lynched.
-Mafia will have private room they can use at all time, there won't be any Martyr PT.
-The game will be based on a day and night cycle, the timezone used will be GMT +1, Paris. https://time.is/fr/Paris







HAVE FUN!

Offline

#2 2019-08-19 18:47:44

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Get well soon Luka.

Okay so first of all I really don't know why did Luka504 decided to be eager to lynch.

Lynching inactive people can be a good choice, but I prefer to wait everyone to talk first, then see if anyone is suspicious, then finally decide who to lynch, instead of rushing to lynch someone, it kills discussion time and it's definitely NOT worth it.

Offline

#3 2019-08-19 19:13:55

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I don't know why Luka was focusing on lynching Slabdrill rather than other inactive people. I think Luka could've pushed a Slabdrill lynch if he really wants to get rid of inactive players. But what Luka is thinking isn't what I'm thinking, I still think we should wait everyone to talk then decide, rather than lynching someone random and you get no information from it, plus lynching early kills discussion time, so I didn't understand what Luka was doing lol

Offline

#4 2019-08-19 19:16:57

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

But that was honestly my thought.

Offline

#5 2019-08-19 20:00:35

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

So Mutant, you're saying Luka was trying to cause discussion? I guess it makes sense but it makes Luka very suspicious.

Offline

#6 2019-08-20 04:06:58

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Norwegianboy I need to ask you some questions.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

So to conclude...
For day 1, unless there's any important events or bits of info that change my mind, i'm willing to lynch either of these users:
-JoeyC
-Zumza
-Eleizibeth
-Slabdrill

Firstly you said you are willing to lynch these users, and Slabdrill is in that list.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Luka504 is giving me bad vibes. He seems overly hung up with Slabdrill. Yet he isn't actually voting for him.

Then you’re suspecting Luka (or me) for suggesting to lynch Slabdrill? I agree Luka seems overly hung up with Slabdrill but I thought you’re willing to lynch Slabdrill. If you are willing to lynch Slabdrill then why don’t you vote to lynch him?

Or maybe you changed your mind, but there are still 3 more people in your list, if you are willing to lynch them then why don’t you vote for 1 of those people?

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote slabdrill

Jawapa voted Slabdrill without explaining, but you didn’t even ask him why. What do you think about Jawapa voting to lynch Slabdrill?

mutantdevle wrote:
!vote Slabdrill

Can you also tell me what you think about Mutantdevle voting to lynch Slabdrill?

Offline

#7 2019-08-20 15:21:19

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

It really seems like no matter what I do, I'm dead. Luka's eager actions basically just ruined it for me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Take a look at this:

If I agree on Luka and continue being aggressive, I'm sure people like Norboy will still continue to suspect me and will use me being 'aggressive' and 'eager to lynch' to get me out.
If I disagree on Luka, people will still suspect me. As you can see, Norboy even put the vote on me.

So I don't really know what can I do to prove myself town. Maybe writing a read list can work, but based on Luka's eager actions I think it's useless.

Offline

#8 2019-08-20 15:35:08

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It’s not useless. The more info the better for the town. Write a reads list if you’ve got the time.

Sure, it's gonna take super long tho, I'm not very good at reading people.

Offline

#9 2019-08-20 19:49:45

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Okay so, here are my reads:

Peace (JoeyC):

So I was wondering about his vote on Luka (aka me).

Joeyjoey65 wrote:

I'm open for lynching slabdrill tbhh, what luka said honestly sounds pretty reasoning. Getting rid of lurkers fast seems like a way to speed up this game. Rather than discussing forever

At first Joey was open for lynching Slabdrill, and said that what Luka said sounds pretty reasoning. And from this post I see that they wants to speed up this game.

Then later Joey posted this respond to ele:

Joeyjoey65 wrote:

We probably aren't going to get that much more info than what we currently have now. It's honestly hard to get a good answer about someone especially on day 1. Where nobody's really figured anybody out. As usually being inactive will honestly just rise more suspicion towards you.

Idk did I misunderstand it but look at the bolded part, when I saw that I thought Joey was really agreeing on lynching Slabdrill, because he was inactive.

But after 7 minutes, Joey changed his mind and voted for Luka. Then later he explained it was because Norwegianboy made better points. Idk if Joey is new to this game but for me it seems like Joey doesn't have their own opinions so they just blindly follow people who they think is better. Or even worse, maybe Joey is a mafia member so he follows people who looks townish so themselves can look townish too. But assuming Joey is new to mafia, I think it's more likely to be the former.

TaskManager wrote:
Joeyjoey65 wrote:

everybody yelling in my face slabdrill could be useful later on rather than lynching him off early?

Who's "everyone"? You're sort of explaining why you retracted your idea of lynching Slab (although you've just admitted you followed the crowd here)
But "Norboy made better points" is an even weaker justification for switching to Luka

Joey didn't respond to this btw.

I'm putting JoeyC in Neutral for now.

Peace can you answer Task's question about your thought on Norwegianboy, Luka/me and Slabdrill btw?

TaskManager:

He was the first to question about Luka suggesting Slabdrill as a lynch candidate, so he clearly doesn't support lynching Slabdrill.

TaskManager wrote:

Calling Joey suspicious for agreeing with Luka about voting Slab (#64, #67?)

This even proves it.

But later I think he changed his mind:

TaskManager wrote:

Mind you, I support giving Slab the rope because of his inactivity in previous games and I believe that was Luka's reasoning too.
I also find it odd how you completely ignored Slab's candidacy prior to turning on Luka, except for mentioning him in your candidates list

This could be an attempt at diverting attention from Slab to another person that's a newcomer, therefore easy target

I don't know what made him change his mind. And also imo that 'diverting attention' post Norwegianboy made was just a joke post, from where can you see it's a diverting post, Task?

Task didn't really post much but I can see him trying to help town and get information by questioning Norwegianboy and Joey. But I'll still put TaskManager in Neutral because I don't know what made him change his mind, so I'll leave some questions here:
- Who are your suspects?
- What made you change your mind about lynching Slabdrill or not?

NorwegianboyEE:

Okay so firstly I don't know what's his intention of saying this:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Also take a look at this dude.

HeebusBajesus
>Joined yesterday
>Posts: 1

HeebusBajesus wrote:

>"Arg arg arg spongebob me boy I just had crab rangoon arg arg arg"

I'll assume it's a joke post for now.

Then he said the least useful player in this game is Zumza:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Looking at the player list i think Zumza would be the least useful player overall to the town. I remember him staying mostly afk and not saying anything for a bunch of mafia games. But hey, i'm open to him proving me wrong.

I don't really think Zumza is the least useful imo, he may be inactive but I think he might be useful, needs Zumza to prove himself worthy tho.

He also was willing to lynch these people:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

For day 1, unless there's any important events or bits of info that change my mind, i'm willing to lynch either of these users:
-JoeyC
-Zumza
-Eleizibeth
-Slabdrill

JoeyC's activity feed filled with memes doesn't mean he will be memey in mafia games, same as Eleizibeth, and I assume this game is both their first game, so idk why you assume JoeyC and Eleizibeth will **** when they never played before. Were you trying to get rid of newbies first?
For Zumza and Slabdrill I think it was because you thought they will be inactive so you put them in the list.

Later I think his mind changed, he voted to lynch Luka (aka me). His reason to vote for Luka seems reasonable, so I'm not gonna judge him for that.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Feel free to counter my claims, i especially welcome your words Mutant.

Why only Mutant? Is it only because he is good at the game?

Then later he responded my questions:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

the reason i didn’t vote any of them immediately is because the day still has many hours left, so why would i?

Valid. Lynching someone immediately can kill discussion time.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I would rank Eleizibeth as less suspicious based on the fact that she made a couple of genuine posts after i wrote this one. Joey, while agreeing with what i said. Also seems a bit suspicious because of how he agreed with me and voted without any further elaboration, almost like he wanted to start a bandwagon without needing to justify himself by noting why he agreed with what i said.

I think I can agree with you on this, especially about Joey, he didn't really explain his vote on Luka and used 'Norboy has better arguments' as a reason to vote. 

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

As for Zumza he posts in French but what he actually says isn’t too terribly interesting, so my stance on him remains relatively unchanged.

But I found this post by Zumza interesting:

Zumza wrote:

@Norwegianboy Guillotining Luka would give us as much detail as guillotining Ele or you, right? What argument is this?

Not saying that I want to lynch Ele or you but I think this is a good point.

Also what's this:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

My opinion on 2B is that he is 50% likely to be jester

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

!Vote 2B55B5G TNG

Also me or Luka might've been acting weird but I don't think I'm heavily defending for myself.

I'm gonna put Norwegianboy in Townish-Neutral. I still have a few questions but I think he is trustworthy and he made many valid points.

Mutantdevle:

Okay so I don't really understand this:

mutantdevle wrote:

I've always found Slab to be a useful lurker to be honest. He's definitely a decent candidate for the day 1 lynch but I don't see why we need to be so narrow-minded about it.

Useful but a decent candidate for day 1 lynch? Why lynch a useful person? I understand you might want to get rid of lurkers but if he's useful, I don't think we should lynch him.

He was the first (and the only one I think) to remind us the problem of the Disguiser:

mutantdevle wrote:

I think the main problem we have is with the disguiser. The janitor isn't anything special; it just has a chance to deprive us of some information. But that lack of information could make the mafia over-confident and hence potentially expose themself. But that disguiser, unless we lynch them today, no flip can be trusted (no town flip can anyway). I just want to make that clear to everyone because it changes quite a large dynamic of the game.

Thanks for your reminder. Because I think you're very good at reading people so I want to ask you that, who do you think has the possibility of being a disguiser?

mutantdevle wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

If there's 13 people alive, you need 7 for a majority. If there's 12 alive, you still need 7 for a majority, which makes it harder to reach a consensus.

Since each day is guaranteed to have a lynch, it doesn't really matter in this game if we have an even amount of players. But yeah, day 1 lynches are still preferable regardless of that.

This is a good point. Or maybe I think everyone should know this obvious statement lol

I also noticed that only Mutantdevle wooted post #91 (Jawapa's post)

mrjawapa wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lynching Slabdrill might not tell us anything. If he flips town, what does it gain for us? What information is given?

Look at who jumps on the wagon.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lynching inactives is a great choice for when there's nothing left to do.

Do you have a better idea?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Luka504

Naturally an aggressive person

So I assume Mutant agrees on lynching Slabdrill.

Then I saw Mutant voted for Slabdrill which proved what I was thinking was true.

But this is a bit suspicious:

mutantdevle wrote:
eleizibeth wrote:

we're better off waiting

For what?

I feel like he was trying to kill discussion time, and not let Slabdrill have the chance to talk.

mutantdevle wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

but I prefer to wait everyone to talk first

Voting for people and strongly suggesting options gets people talking. If it weren't for that, we'd have nothing to talk about.
...
Primarily because of all this talk of 'other options' without anyone else truly being seriously suggested, I'm going to vote Slabdrill. Because let's be honest, Slabdrill is almost objectively the optimal lynch on day 1.

!vote Slabdrill

The first line is true imo, but the last line. Look at this:
'Primarily because of all this talk of 'other options' without anyone else truly being seriously suggested'
Luka was seriously suggested by Norwegianboy tho.

'Slabdrill is almost objectively the optimal lynch on day 1'
You said almost objectively the optimal lynch, who is the best option?
Also I don't really agree on Slabdrill being the most optimal lynch on day 1, he still haven't talked yet when you said that, you should at least give him some chance to let Slab explain himself, instead of rushing it.

mutantdevle wrote:

lAlso, I no longer agree with my statement that Slabdrill is a useful lurker. As you pointed out, he was useful to me last game by basically being a yes man. But then I thought about the rest of the games he's played in where he's basically been useless - hence my most recent comments. Also, I did suspect Slabdrill last game since he was on the lynch side of the plan. This was only later changed (as stated in heaven) by 2B55 being scummier than him towards the end of the game.

I think you should've realized that earlier instead when you fully support to lynch Slab?

Mutant was sus, so I'll put him in Neutral-Suspicious, but I think it's still not enough for me to convince Mutant as mafia. Also, look at this, Luka and Mutant was kind of pushing the Slab lynch, yet people only suspects me for it, isn't that strange?

ShadowsEdge:

His reads really give me a town impression.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

From my experience time reading through PurgatorEE, Slabdrill was the one who was most inactive. Jawapa and Zelda talked considerably more than Slab, except for Jawapa, who was more inactive at the start of the game for some reason.

But just because they're inactive doesn't mean they're Mafia. I think we should, like Task suggested, hold off on pointing fingers at anyone, at least until everyone has said something.

I have to agree with you on this one. I quite don't understand why people really want to get rid of inactive players. I mean, I know they might an obstacle or whatever in the later stages of the game, but what if they actually have potential of finding mafia? Plus inactive doesn't mean 100% scum.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't think we should be too hasty to lynch someone. We have 72 hours to decide who we want to lynch. So we can find a potential suspect to lynch. While the inactive players are the best option, at the moment, it might be the best option for us to hold off on lynching someone until we get more information. That way, if another suspect arises, for a reason different than just being inactive, we have a more likely candidate for a Mafia member.

Ikr, being hurry is not very good and might increase the chance of lynching the wrong person.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't know if 2B is just doing damage control, or is very well confused by Luka's actions, but because of it, I think 2B should be considered suspicious regardless. I don't want to call him as Mafia yet, but his actions are suspicious.

I was legit confused Luka's actions. I really do not understand it.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

As for Norwegian, I do also find it quite weird that Norwegian focused on Luka, there were plenty other that pushed for a lynch on an inactive person, yet the only one Norwegian mentioned as being suspicious was Luka. I might just be paranoid or something, but I'd be stupid to not consider Norwegian as suspicious.

Ye, idk why he didn't suspect Mutant for pushing Slab lynch.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I do agree with your assessment that Norwegian might be trying to divert the lynch. Thus far, Heebus hasnt said anything suspicious (a part from her jokes at the beginning).

I don't really know from where can you see Heebus is diverting the lynch tbh.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

And Norwegian is essentially contradicting himself, I cant really quote it, but at one point, Norwegian claimed that Heebus would not be a good lynch for Day 1, but for some reason, in that statement, is diverting the attention to the person they said would not be a good Day 1 lynch candidate.

I got a bit confused here lol. I think Norwegianboy might be diverting attention from Heebus simply because he thinks he isn't a good candidate, but then diverting the attention might mean he is hiding something. ?????. What you said was correct but not correct at the same time, idk lol.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

> 2B55B5G TNG (Luka504) - Suggested a lynch within the first hour of the game. Throughout this time, has been set on trying to lynch Slab, although, when 2B took over, 2B stopped the suspicion over Slab, and switched to the approach of waiting for Day. While I do agree with the assessment 2B made, the sudden change in playstyle, despite the fact that Luka plays much different to 2B, gives off a suspicious vibe. Unsure of their role, but too early to claim anything for them.

I'm gonna defend myself here. Luka and my playstyle are completely different because our thoughts are completely different. Do you expect 2 people with completely different opinions to have a same playstyle? I don't think that's quite possible. Also, if you agree with the assessment I made, then why do you consider me suspicious when I changed the playstyle? It's not like I'm trying to want people to forget about Luka pushing for the Slab lynch and nor trying to make myself not suspicious. Luka's actions made myself suspicious and I'm gonna admit that, there's no point in defending that because even myself thinks that what Luka did is suspicious.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

But it could also be, as you've mentioned before, an attempt to clear his name.

I'm not gonna clear my name about Luka's action because as I said before even myself thinks that what Luka did is suspicious.

imo, ShadowsEdge is good at reading people. Although he was suspicious of me several times, I can see why it leads to that conclusion. I don't really see any problem with his reads, so I'm gonna put him in Townish. I think he'll be a very helpful person.

Zumza:

Not much to say about him tbh, so far he only made 4 posts, and 2 of them are **** ._.

I don't really understand his choice of lynching Ele

Zumza wrote:

Where does this "wisdom" come from? Maybe someone told you to say it? An anti-revolutionary friend, hmm?

!Lynch Ele (also a pun with a bonus l to mean she)

Where did you find "wisdom"? Why do you think an anti-revolutionary friend told him that? I totally do not understand it.

And as I said, the only interesting post he made was this:

Zumza wrote:

@Norwegianboy Guillotining Luka would give us as much detail as guillotining Ele or you, right? What argument is this?

I can't really read Zumza, he didn't really post much content, I'll put him in Neutral-Suspicious for now.

MrJawapa:

So he voted for Slabdrill, with the reason that he is inactive, and lynching him won't really hurt town.

Assuming he's a useless lurker, that statement will be true. But what if he's a useful lurker? I didn't really play many mafia games with Slabdrill so idk, but I think you couldn't make a statement that quick that you think lynching Slab won't hurt town.

Also, can you explain why you think Slab, Norboy and Mutant are you in your Early Mafia Prediction list? It's hard to figure out mafia members in the early state of the game, especially in day 1, and you didn't even provide explanations for that list.

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote peace

And again, you didn't provide reasons or explanations. You're making yourself suspicious.
I don't know why are you lynchhopping too.

mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

!vote peace

reason? also im willing to lynch slab only becuase his inactiveness is **** nto doign yet until tim eruns out D1 lynches are mostly random but we ocudl get some information first though if needed

Why shouldn't we lynch you?

This is just making it worse.

I'm gonna put Jawapa into Neutral-Suspicious, and also suspect him as Jester.

ZeldaXD:

1 post only, but he made a good point.

ZeldaXD wrote:

Would mafia really be so low iq as to focus so aggresively on someone? Unless thats what they want us to think.

But that's not gonna make him townish. I'll put him in Neutral.

Eleizibeth:

Newbie, but make good points.

eleizibeth wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

Mind elaborating a bit? Do you agree with what I've said or not?

i mean, i guess i agree with you. i'd rather have another reason to lynch someone though that's not "they're usually a lurker". lynching someone just because they're lurking seems kinda bad. although i'm pretty sure that by the time day 1 ends, we'll have some other info

eleizibeth wrote:

joey, i think it would be better to take our time and make the right decisions rather than lynch potentially useful people asap

yeah, it's only a day one lynch, so there's gonna be some amount of randomness, but i think if we wait for more info we might make a better decision than just lynching a completely random person because they're "usually inactive"

eleizibeth wrote:
Joeyjoey65 wrote:

It's honestly hard to get a good answer about someone especially on day 1.

i'm saying i'd like to lynch someone based on at least SOME reasoning, rather than just "they're inactive." right now, lynching slab would basically just be a completely random lynch imo. we're better off waiting and keeping our options open

Idk about this one tho:

eleizibeth wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Joey, while agreeing with what i said. Also seems a bit suspicious because of how he agreed with me and voted without any further elaboration, almost like he wanted to start a bandwagon without needing to justify himself by noting why he agreed with what i said.

this is honestly how he is. he'll blindly follow someone if he even slightly agrees with what they say. sorry to joey if I offended him, he's a nice guy and all, but this was definitely something I worried about when he signed up for this game. i'm sure other people who've been around him in discord can attest to this. im not defending him, I'm just trying to clarify that this might not really be worth looking into and I don't want you to waste your time analyzing this (feel free to, though, just keep this in mind), because this is just how he is

Elei seems like they are protecting Joey, but they said they aren't. I guess I'll trust you, because I think your opinions seems genuine.

I'll put Eleizibeth on Townish-Neutral, I don't fully trust them, but they did give me a town vibe.

Slabdrill:

I'll put him on Neutral for now, can't really analyze him if he doesn't post any useful content.

I guess I'll update my read on Slabdrill after he posted something 'with at least a bit of detail', but I hope he doesn't forget about it lol

Btw Slabdrill, what do you think about Luka (aka me) pushing to lynch you? And what do you think about those people who voted to lynch you?

HeebusBajesus:

I know you're new at EE mafia but can you like, be more active? I can't really analyze someone inactive ._.

HeebusBajesus wrote:

Rene is right. I know exactly where he keeps the body bags.

So can you tell me your thoughts about ShadowsEdge? I'm quite curious about it.

Gonna put you in Neutral for now, but it can change if you keep staying inactive.

Crybaby:

Your reads are quite genuine imo, but I don't understand this:

Crybaby wrote:

I said that Mutantdevle is suspicious for saying what he did, but he did end up saying that Slab is the most optimal choice, and voted, so I dont see him as suspicious anymore. Keep in mind though, this sort of makes me want to connect him to Luka/2B.

I can understand how it's connected to Luka, because both Luka and Mutant pushed for Slabdrill lynch, but why is it connected to me? I have completely different opinions from Luka, unless you're just stating the person who replaced Luka.

Crybaby wrote:

Norwegianboy - I dont think there are any solid grounds to say that Eleizibeth is just going to be a **** like what sxrrealism was.

Valid.

Crybaby wrote:

ShadowsEdge- You've said that Mrjawapa seems like he is defending Luka, and consider him suspicious for doing so

I think that was because Jawapa voted to lynch Slabdrill.

Crybaby wrote:

There are other people that you've said seem suspicious for seemingly backing up Luka, but from my reading of the thread, it doesn't really seem like anyone has the intention of protecting him (now 2B).

Mutantdevle has, but that time it was not yet confirmed, But later Mutant said that he fully supports lynching Slab.

Crybaby wrote:

I think this is because I'm just typing what ever comes to mind. I'll try not to do that anymore, so my posts have more structure.

But telling us your real thoughts is also important.

So I'm putting Crybaby into Neutral. He seem genuine about his reads but when he said that he's not gonna type whatever comes to mind, I was a little bit suspicious of him, but anyway.

omg I finally finished this read list, took me 5 hours to type ;-;

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2019-08-20 20:19:08

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I just want to ask you one thing though. Do you think Luka504's actions were appropriate considering his given role card?

No.
And I think no matter what rolecard he was given, his eager actions are definitely not appropriate (unless Jester)

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

And based upon your reads, who are you voting? You'd prefer voting either Mutantdevle, Zumza or MrJawapa i assume?(Those are the ones you put as neutral-suspicious)

I woukd prefer lynching Zumza first, atm he isn't even giving any useful info and is inactive.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

But are you willing to hammer Slabdrill if he seems like the only available choice?

Not really. He still isn't confirmed town but hammering Slab is just weird for me.

Offline

#11 2019-08-21 10:05:43

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

TaskManager wrote:

Why is "many people defend X" a scum tell for X and "nobody defends X" is a town tell for X?

I don’t really understand it too tbh

Many people defending a person doesn’t mean that person must be scum. There can be scums in the people who defended that person but that doesn’t mean the person people are defending must be scum or scumish.

Nobody defending a person doesn’t mean that person is a town tell too.

Maybe that’s what mafia wants you to think, so they can use those statements to hide themselves.

Offline

#12 2019-08-21 13:29:48

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

TaskManager wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

He was the first to question about Luka suggesting Slabdrill as a lynch candidate, so he clearly doesn't support lynching Slabdrill.

TaskManager wrote:
Calling Joey suspicious for agreeing with Luka about voting Slab (#64, #67?)

This even proves it

Invalid. Read that post fully. I called him susp for switching his opinion

mutantdevle wrote:

but I've also revoked my statement that Sladrill is even useful.

Sorry. I wanted the read list to be out asap so maybe I missed something.

mutantdevle wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I quite don't understand why people really want to get rid of inactive players.

You need to get rid of them out of policy - aka set the standard that it's not okay to be inactive. If multiple players are inactive it allows the mafia to disguise themself as inactive and just get a free pass in the game. Lynching inactive players in later days is bad because you'd usually have information to go after better targets. So day 1 when you don't have any information to go on is the best time for policy votes. Also, being inactive makes people harder to read. If they're not posting much then you can't judge what they post.

Ok. I think I can understand it now, but I don't really agree day 1 is the best time for policy votes. This mafia game is quite different from other mafia games, only day 1 lynch is true, we can't really trust other days' lynch results because of the Disguiser, so I think day 1 is best to lynch someone else instead of inactive players, because we have some information now. I think the best time to lynch inactive players is when we have completely no info to lead us.

mutantdevle wrote:

Also, you haven't explained why Slabdrill isn't the optimal lynch. You've just pointed out a flaw in it. Unless you provide a different and better candidate than Slabdrill he will remain the optimal choice.

The respond above kind of explained it. Because we have info now, so we should follow the info for a better lynch instead of lynching an inactive player. I don't really have another candidate tbh.

mutantdevle wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I think you should've realized that earlier instead when you fully support to lynch Slab?

Why? Why would I have realised it earlier?

The timing you no longer think Slabdrill is a useful lurker is weird, it looks like you planned to change your thought when you said that you fully support a Slabdrill lynch, so I thought you should've realized it earlier.

Offline

#13 2019-08-21 15:30:33

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

peace wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

as mafia you'd know what he'd flip.

nope we shoudlnt lycnh random as we coudl lycnh the jester/neatral and he would win keep this in midn guys!

Jester winning doesn't stop town from winning lol

Offline

#14 2019-08-21 19:37:41

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I really dont want to read peace's post because of those **** annoying typos

Seriously can you fix them please?

Offline

Wooted by:

#15 2019-08-22 06:56:39

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I’ll read Page 9 to 13 again because I wasn’t really catching up, maybe I’ll make a post later.

Offline

#16 2019-08-22 10:40:24

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Why was i (a townie) the only one defending Slabdrill and looking at alternatives rather than immediately jumping on the Slabdrill bandwagon? This proves to me that something doesn't add up about the people that suggested him.

After re-reading, I think this makes sense now. Mafia would defend Slabdrill if Slabdrill is mafia, because if mafia already lose one of the members, it'll be hard for them to win. So based on this, I think Slabdrill has a higher chance to be town.
So the people who voted Slabdrill are a bit suspicious.

TaskManager wrote:

Slab is or was the most eligible lynch target if we're judging by inactivity argument
Yet you were opposed to lynching him and tried to put someone else in his spot. I find that scum motivated since I don't really see pro-town reasons to keeping him
And your push for Luka seemed like a mere retaliation, which only reinforced my belief

I think Norwegianboy did that because he thinks a policy lynch for day 1 isn't suitable for this game, so he tried to find someone else for a lynch so town can get more info. I think the reason we're keeping Slabdrill is because inactive doesn't mean he must be scum, and day 1 isn't good for a policy lynch.

I don't think Norwegianboy's push on Luka is a retaliation, it is actually reasonable, considering Luka's actions and that day 1 isn't good for policy lynch.

mutantdevle wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

"Meh, let’s just lynch the afk without bothering to gather more vital data"

I don't understand why y'all think that supporting 1 lynch means no more data can be gathered and no more options can be discussed. That's not how it works at all. I've always been in support of lynching someone on day 1 and day 1 lynches are almost always policy. Why do you think in placing 1 vote or committing to your opinion is people somehow trying to cut off the discussion?

This is indeed true, except the part that day 1 is almost for policy lynches because it isn't suitable for this mafia game.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

/Vote NorwegianboyEE

I see this move as trying to prove himself town, although it won't work well.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't think this is really a good lynch to do, Norwegian has been useful in games past, and would be useful in this game as well, but lynching him from the start will get rid of his ability to do that. If you guys don't want to switch your opinions of him, that's fine. But, honestly, I think this lynch is pretty weird, because the basis for it is to "Confirm someone as Town."

I understand the basic idea of if anyone in the future days is lynched then they might actually be Mafia, because of Disguiser, but that's not really a reason to switch the vote to someone who is quite possibly town, and is being lynched for the reason of confirming townness. Especially when the lynch could be used on someone who is deemed more suspicious of being Mafia.

It's not like I changed my opinion on not lynching Norwegianboy but I think lynching Norboy can get us some info about other people but not only confirming his towness. But if Norboy is lynched, assuming he's town, we'll lose a valuable player. I don't really think he's mafia tbh.

mutantdevle wrote:

This lynch isn't to confirm him as town - I believe he is the scummiest person here. I'm pretty sure jawapa at least has that opinion as well.

I don't think Norwegianboy is the scummiest person, instead, I think those people who supported a Slabdrill lynch are currently the most suspicious. I think Slab is also town because mafia would've come out and defend him if he's mafia. You might say the mafia would not expose themselves just to protect one mafia, but if they don't do anything, they'll lose one mafia member, which can bring them into a dangerous position. But the situation is that only Norboy has been protecting Slabdrill, (I also defended for Slabdrill before but that was only because I think being inactive doesn't mean they're scum, I've been fluctuating between lynching Slabdrill or not, but there's not really many info so I put him in Neutral, and didn't really defend him) so Slabdrill is more likely town, same as Norwegianboy who has been defending him.

mrjawapa wrote:

New prediction:

Norboy
Slab
Taskmanager

Why?

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote peace

Because his posts are annoying

I see this as a joke vote but at the same time could be Jester trying to bring more suspicion towards himself.

Post #299 by Crybaby is a good post, as a person who doesn't really support a Norboy lynch, reading that post can let me know the motives behind the Norboy lynch. What I'm thinking is that lynching one of the people who supports a Slabdrill lynch can also give us info, if they indeed is town then maybe I have to reconsider about Norboy and Slabdrill being town. If they're mafia, then I think we can assume Norboy and Slabdrill are truly town.

One thing I want to ask Jawapa is, do you still support lynching Slabdrill? I was confused.

I'm still not voting yet, because both sides seems reasonable.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2019-08-22 10:46:11

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

New prediction:

Norboy
Slab
Taskmanager

Why?

Nevermind, it was answered, I didn't see it

Offline

#18 2019-08-22 10:59:18

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

mrjawapa wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

!lynch NorwegianBoy
The only reason I didn't want to do this earlier was that there  was a wagon on Slab already and taking votes from him and putting them  on Norboy could make either have not enough votes for a lynch, now that  other people switched to Norboy, there's no risk that the wagon falls apart
Also mutant provided another good point on lynching Norboy so here we go

seemed super suspicious. Thought maybe Norboy gave up, and so slab finally voted for norboy, and you finally cast your vote. This would make both of you look like town.

But Slabdrill unvoted, plus TaskManager voted because Mutant provided good points, so I thought your early mafia prediction list should be Norboy, Task and Mutant instead of Norboy, Task and Slab?

Also, Crybaby's post convinced me, it has really good points. I still believe Norwegianboy is town but if we can gather more information from that lynch then sure,

!vote NorwegianboyEE

Offline

Wooted by:

#19 2019-08-22 11:12:26

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

TaskManager wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

TaskManager voted because Mutant provided good points

You're putting it like that's the only reason I voted Norboy for and that I just blindly followed mutant

Oops, I didn't mean to, but you did follow Mutant, right?

Offline

#20 2019-08-22 11:18:20

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Oh, then I think I misunderstood it.

Offline

#21 2019-08-23 19:50:10

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I isolated Elei's posts and she doesn't really seem to have any connections with anyone, so I think mafia killed her because of that reason.

I agree with what Zumza said too, Mutant is like a very strong enemy if he is town, so normally mafia will kill Mutant. Mafia not killing mutant is a bit strange.

Offline

#22 2019-08-23 19:50:34

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

zelda* my mind went wrong lmao

Offline

#23 2019-08-25 07:29:19

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Bimps wrote:

Also Shadow is giving me maf vibes.

Can you explain how does Shadow gives you maf vibes?

Ok so I am not very sure about Mutant now, you can see Eleizibeth’s death from many ways. Earlier I thought that the most likely reason mafia killed Eleizibeth is because she didn’t have much connection with anyone, so Mafia chose to kill Eleizibeth, thinking that her death won’t connect to any of the mafia members.

But what Zelda and TaskManager said changed my thought about Elei’s death, because it can be weird for mafia to not kill Mutant, which is a huge obstacle for mafia, assuming Mutant is town, but it can also be possible that they are avoiding the lookout, or wanted to frame Mutant, so they killed Eleizibeth.

Also I think Zumza’s vote on Zelda isn’t a good decision because what Zelda said is valid, although it could be an attempt to frame Mutant. We weren’t sure about that yet so I think there’s still not the need to vote for Zelda.

Offline

#24 2019-08-25 18:32:44

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Bimps can you answer my question?

Offline

#25 2019-08-26 07:45:50

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,626

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

!vote MrJawapa

I’m voting Jawapa because Norboy suspects him, and he also voted for Norboy. And I did not understand why did Jawapa vote for Zelda, I think Zelda was just saying his opinion on the N1 kill.

I think Jawapa and Zumza might be connected, they both wants to lynch Zelda. Zumza’s vote on Zelda was to cause conversation and reactions, but later he said he feels comfortable on gambling Zelda. Jawapa also sees no other candidate to lynch.

Offline

peace1567329158761133

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1575613367.4856 - Generated in 0.175 seconds, 11 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.71 MiB (Peak: 2.06 MiB) ]