Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-18 22:16:22, last edited by Kira (2019-08-31 19:31:22)

Kira

Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

MAFIA 29: The French Revolution

Moderator: Kira

4-1.jpg

Playerlist: (TBD)

-Peace (Replacing JoeyC)
-TaskManager
-2B55B5G TNG (Replacing Luka504)
-NorwegianboyEE - Doctor
-mutantdevle
-ShadowsEdge
-Zumza - Villager
-MrJawapa - Jester - Winner
-ZeldaXD
-Eleizibeth - Vanilla Townie
-Slabdrill
-Bimps (Replacing HeebusBajesus)
-Crybaby - Veteran

RULES:

Be nice. It's a game.

General:
- Please adhere to the forum rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 72 hours (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 24 hours.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM me.
- You are expected to put a minimum of effort in your posts.
- If you break any of these rules, you may be modkilled or force-replaced.

Voting / Player actions:
- Make your vote clear and visible.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then the day will go overtime.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 3 consecutive night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may PM your night action every night.

Activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- #2EFFBD is my color. Feel free to use it if you'd like! Just not to impersonate me or to mislead others.
- I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

ROLELIST:

Vanilla Town:
-Le Vétéran (Veteran): You are the Veteran, a crazy lunatic that will kill anyone that decides to visit you at night. You can only use your ability 2 times, send me a private message at night time when you decide to use your ability.
-Le Guet (Look-out): You are the Look-out, your ability is to observe a player and see who visited them during a particular night. You can use your role as many times as you want, but you cannot visit the same person twice.
-Le Médecin (Doctor): You are the Doctor, your ability is to protect anyone from dying in a particular night. You are allowed to heal yourself once but you cannot heal the same person twice.
-6 Villageois (Villagers)

Mafia Goon:
-Le Déguiseur (Disguiser): You are the Disguiser. You may disguise as a living target, which makes you appear as that person’s role, should you die that night or the following day.
-Le Concierge (Janitor): You are the Janitor. your ability is to completely erase one’s identity, as such, the murdered’s role and note will not be revealed. You can use your ability 2 times.
-Godfather

Neutral Evil:
-Le Boufon (Jester): You are the Jester! You are obsessed with the guillotine and hope to get lynched at all cost. Upon lynch, you will get the chance to kill anyone that voted for your death.

SETUP:

-3 Mafias
-9 Townies
-1 Neutral

-Win condition for Mafia is to have at least 1 Mafia alive at the end of the game. If 1 town and 1 mafia are alive, then Mafia will automatically win the game.
-Win condition for Town is to have killed all mafia members and the neutral.
-Win condition for Neutral is to get lynched.
-Mafia will have private room they can use at all time, there won't be any Martyr PT.
-The game will be based on a day and night cycle, the timezone used will be GMT +1, Paris. https://time.is/fr/Paris

HAVE FUN!

#2 2019-08-19 19:58:35

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

God you guys are already at it with the walls of text. I have only read over the top and I don't think the focus Luka seems to have with Slabdrill is scum indicative or anything. Would mafia really be so low iq as to focus so aggresively on someone? Unless thats what they want us to think.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2019-08-21 00:45:29

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

@ShadowsEdge Being "active" and being "inactive" are two very noticeable things if it changes from a game to another, and Heebus has stated that she can read you very well and viceversa, now here's the thing:

"Heebus is typically an active person. And her stance to stand idly by, when in other games, she's typically active, heightens my suspicion of her. ", was she mafia or town in these games? Or a mix?
Here are the possibilities:
1) Mafia-town mix
Then her inactivity could be because of genuine reasons, because it would mean she is not active/inactive depending on her role. Unless she's a jester, of course.
2) Town
If she is active when she's town, then suddenly becoming inactive if she's mafia would be very telling, especially since she's aware you can read her very well, so why would she do this as a strategy? It would be very easy for you to read her if that was the case.
3) Mafia
If she's active when she's mafia and inactive when she's town, then she could be going for a "I'm usually inactive when I'm town and I'm actually mafia in this game so I'll be inactive this game so ShadowsEdge can't read me as well" strategy or she could be genuinely town.

Honestly, it strikes me that you're going after her because she's the only person in this entire game that knows you well and has played with you before, so she would have the easiest time reading you, making her a threat if you're mafia and you want to get rid of her as soon as possible.

!lynch ShadowsEdge

As for the rest, I've read everything in the thread right now and nothing seems particularly suspicious about anyone else, nothing about anyone else tells me "this guy is def scum", but there's nothing that tells me "this guy is def town" about anyone else either for now, so.

gLjTZE1.png

#4 2019-08-21 00:51:59

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

HeebusBajesus wrote:

The main reason I have been inactive as of recent is because I've been staring at page 2 reloading it thinking it was gonna change only to realize I had to click the small numbers on the bottom to go to the next page

Really? This seems like a terrible excuse, if you didn't know how to go to the next page how did you get to the page 2 in the first place?

gLjTZE1.png

#5 2019-08-23 19:35:20

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Mutantdevle would be a very juicy target for mafia, especially with doctor being dead, because we all know how helpful mutantdevle is for whatever team he's in, so if mutant is town I think mafia would target getting rid of him, but they pick to kill a random like eleizibeth? Not buying it, I'm scum-reading mutant HARD.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2019-08-25 17:40:04

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Why and how would the Jester help us by revealing themselves? They are as oblivious as the rest of us, we could indeed discard the risk of mistaking a mafia for a jester, but what assures the Jester that we'll do our part of the deal in the end?

gLjTZE1.png

#7 2019-08-25 22:53:25

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

How much time left?

gLjTZE1.png

#8 2019-08-25 23:16:27

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Dark green: confirmed townie
Yellow: voted for norwegianboy
* = Norwegianboy called them sus

Peace (Replacing JoeyC)
TaskManager*
2B55B5G TNG (Replacing Luka504)
NorwegianboyEE - Doctor
mutantdevle*
ShadowsEdge
Zumza
MrJawapa (voted for norw then switched to peace as a joke(?))*
ZeldaXD  - Vanilla Townie
Eleizibeth - Vanilla Townie
Slabdrill
Bimps (Replacing HeebusBajesus)
Crybaby

I'd honestly go for a Jawapa lynch but I feel like he could be jester, when I posted my message calling mutant scum I didn't remember there was lookout, it is indeed possible mafia didn't kill him because of that, however I still find mutant highly sus, but not scummy enough anymore for being worth a lynch today (I didn't vote to lynch him in the same post where I accused him to wait for discussion to happen instead of starting a bandwagon on him)

gLjTZE1.png

#9 2019-08-26 00:13:01

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

Unless a power role has info that goes against lynching zelda, why not?

Why would a power role out themselves (and thus risk getting killed by mafia at night) to protect me when I'm just a simple vanilla townie?

gLjTZE1.png

#10 2019-08-26 03:13:49

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

TaskManager wrote:

!unvote

Zelda what are reasons that make you think Mutant is sus, other than him not dying night 1

also for people struggling with page 2 of iso not working, instead of clicking on page buttons, add "&p=X" to your URL where X is page number

My main reason to find Mutant very sus was him not dying n1 despite being a very obvious target, however, I forgot there's a lookout (and a veteran), so it makes sense as to why mafia would not target him (yet). But I'm not willing to call him non-sus as of yet nor do I think such theory should be entirely discarded, especially considering Norwegian's lynch, who wrote a case against him which Mutant did not bother to answer quoting mutant "If anyone agrees with any of the points Norwegian made in this post then please point them out but otherwise I don't see a lot of point in refuting what he said if he's not here to justify them."

While writing this I've just read the entire d1 again and the whole Jawapa, Mutant & Norboy interactions seem really fishy, I encourage reading d1 again and pay attention to how Mutant and Jawapa endorse eachother to go after Norboy, especially now knowing the fact that norboy is indeed town.

I feel like everyone just suddenly forgot about this post https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 91#p760091, the only mention to it I see is mutant referencing it only to say he's not going to answer it.

gLjTZE1.png

#11 2019-08-26 03:20:53

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Also, I re-read the post about that we should not worry too much about lynching Jester since it doesn't prevent town from winning, which, regardless of Mutant being mafia or not, is something I agree with. And since I'm split about Jawapa being jester or scum, I'm going to go ahead and vote for him.

!vote Jawapa

gLjTZE1.png

#12 2019-08-26 03:24:07

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Crybaby wrote:

!vote Mrjawapa

Why do you personally find Jawapa lynch-worthy?

gLjTZE1.png

#13 2019-08-26 15:23:43

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Anyway, if I get lynched and when it gets revealed I am town, my two main suspects are Jawapa and then Mutantdevle. Unsure ahout the third mafia, could be many people, consider the list down below, if mafia had anything to do with the norw lynch, then I think third mafia would not have pushed it, you dont put all your eggs in one basket, so look into the people not coloured.

ZeldaXD wrote:

Dark green: confirmed townie
Yellow: voted for norwegianboy
* = Norwegianboy called them sus

Peace (Replacing JoeyC)
TaskManager*
2B55B5G TNG (Replacing Luka504)
NorwegianboyEE - Doctor
mutantdevle*
ShadowsEdge
Zumza
MrJawapa (voted for norw then switched to peace as a joke(?))*
ZeldaXD  - Vanilla Townie
Eleizibeth - Vanilla Townie
Slabdrill
Bimps (Replacing HeebusBajesus)
Crybaby

I'd honestly go for a Jawapa lynch but I feel like he could be jester, when I posted my message calling mutant scum I didn't remember there was lookout, it is indeed possible mafia didn't kill him because of that, however I still find mutant highly sus, but not scummy enough anymore for being worth a lynch today (I didn't vote to lynch him in the same post where I accused him to wait for discussion to happen instead of starting a bandwagon on him)

gLjTZE1.png

#14 2019-08-26 15:24:56

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Also tip for other phoneposters, use preview before writing a lot to have a bigger writing field.

gLjTZE1.png

#15 2019-08-26 16:33:19

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

!unvote

gLjTZE1.png

#16 2019-08-26 16:39:23

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

!vote mrjawapa

I think doing this when we are sooo close to the deadline is really indicative of jester behavior imo, especially since Jawapa is already suspect of being either scum or jester.

gLjTZE1.png

#17 2019-08-26 16:45:08

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

We have like 1.25 hours remaining I think. I wish Kira left an online countdown somewhere.

gLjTZE1.png

#18 2019-08-26 16:50:29

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

TaskManager wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

We have like 1.25 hours remaining I think. I wish Kira left an online countdown somewhere.

There's paris timezone link in OP

I have the same timezone, but I think a countdown would make things easier.

gLjTZE1.png

#19 2019-08-26 16:53:54

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

day ends in 70 minutes (12pm my time, and it’s currently 10:50)

!vote jawapa

even if they’re the jester, i think they’ll hve good enough judgment to kill a scum. though i’m not sure if any scum acrually still have the vote on them

The problem is that Jawapa is going to be lynched by deadline, so right now I think he only needs 3 votes(?) to get lynched, if he is the Jester, I would prefer him to be lynched in a majority vote instead of deadline, because in a pool with 7 people instead of 3, there's higher chances for a mafia to be in it.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#20 2019-08-26 17:32:03

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

because in a pool with 6 people instead of 3, there's higher chances for a mafia to be in it.

Edit: Kira, I have 3 votes.

gLjTZE1.png

#21 2019-08-26 17:34:53

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

(Because you put Jawapa twice)

Welp, since it seems likely Jawapa will be lynched and that nothing much is going to change in the next 35 minutes, I'm going to vote Jawapa.
Jawapa, if you are jester, kill me. I don't want to risk Crybaby or Slab having power roles, albeit they could be mafia, I find it unlikely.

!vote Jawapa

gLjTZE1.png

#22 2019-08-26 19:53:59

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Can Jester kill peace even if he didnt vote for him

gLjTZE1.png

#23 2019-08-26 22:11:17

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

It's actually very likely mafia didn't vote for Jawapa

gLjTZE1.png

#24 2019-08-28 01:00:27

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

And this was the reason I wanted Jawapa to kill me, because I'm only certain of myself being vanilla townie and hence not as valuable as a power role... And that's what has happened.

ZeldaXD wrote:

Jawapa, if you are jester, kill me. I don't want to risk Crybaby or Slab having power roles, albeit they could be mafia, I find it unlikely.

I'm calling it now; Most likely, no mafia voted for Jawapa until the end. We were all aware of Jawapa being EITHER scum or jester, and mafia knew for sure he wasn't mafia thus they probably knew he was most likely Jester, why would mafia risk having one of their teammates vote for Jawapa and risk getting them killed?

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#25 2019-08-28 01:09:59

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

dd1f8daa74.png

gLjTZE1.png

peace1567329158761133

Board footer