Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-08-29 20:26:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Slabdrill wrote:

1. the "i just decided to be less active this time" one. I understand that you occasionally have periods of inactivity (the start of the d2 was fine, for example), but without knowing exactly why claiming that you're trying to solve the game less than normal for no reason reeks of scum.

I'm not deciding to be less active... I mean, I guess you could say I could 'choose' to put more time into mafia than other things but it's not a conscious "I'm going to avoid mafia because I want to do this instead!". And I'm not trying to solve the game less, that's the whole point I was making. I'm trying to solve this game just as much as I was in purgatory I just have less motivation to both because of irl factors and the lacklustre setup (compared to the previous game).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#52 2019-08-29 20:28:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

you forgot your team mates mutant and zumza obv mistake?

Zumza is dead.

Peace isn't smart enough to add in a detail like this. I'm now confident that peace is town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#53 2019-08-29 20:35:21

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Taskmanager town, peace town, Slabdrill town, Shadow town.

If you trust that I'm town that leaves Bimps, Zelda and 2B55 as the mafia; -1 if Crybaby was disguiser.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#54 2019-08-29 22:23:41

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager, I haven't read your case on Bimps but can I just ask: is it mostly about how he doesn't justify/give reasoning behind anything?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#55 2019-08-29 23:07:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I think this is your first post of your recent interaction with bimps:

TaskManager wrote:
Bimps wrote:

God dammit I want to lynch zelda but people are getting killed too fast for that to be safe

!vote TaskManager

Back to this one

How's that safe lol

Was there any reason to believe that Zelda was the disguiser? I actually had the opposite opinion at the time - Zelda was the safe lynch and Task was a lynch to push when there's time to discuss. I don't understand why Bimps would think Zelda is the disguiser.

Btw Task, what exactly is it that you want me to look at in your interactions with Bimps? Is your point that we should lynch bimps before the other people that I'm suspicious of?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#56 2019-08-29 23:25:07

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

Maybe you'll be able to draw some reads out of it

mutantdevle wrote:

Is your point that we should lynch bimps before the other people that I'm suspicious of?

Bimps is your #1 lynch candidate so how does that make a difference?

That's my point, I already scum read bimps the most so I was confused why you wanted me to look at your interactions so badly. From reading your interactions all it's done is given me more confidence in my Bimps and Zelda scum reads which is nice for personal reassurance I suppose. I still don't really have any reason to scum read 2B55 other than process of elemination. But nobody has really argued against any of my town reads/given me reason not to trust them.

Do you think any of the conclusions I've already came to are wrong? Because unless there's something I'm badly missing I don't see how Bimps-Zelda-2B55 are not the scum team. It's possible that Crybaby was disguiser but I'm personally not going to believe that unless someone else claims veteran because I don't recall Crybaby ever showing signs of being a disguiser.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#57 2019-08-30 00:13:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Bimps wrote:

devle just said 4 people were town with 0 reasoning

Lol I literally gave my reasoning for peace being town as the read formed in my brain. But I guess that's 0 reasoing. I think it's also fairly obvious why I town read Task.

But yeah, I get your point. I did have explanations as to why I town read Slabdrill and Shadow in my case against TaskManager and Zelda but I deleted the entire post when I saw Task's lookout claim.

So here you go, here's the reason why I town read each player:

TaskManager
Peace
ShadowsEdge
Slabdrill

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#58 2019-08-30 00:24:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Bimps wrote:

The fact that people are pushing me and not devle is a sign that they're maf and I'm town

I'm not the only player not being pushed, so why am I scum in particular? Besides, I'm pretty sure I currently have the most votes with numerous people calling me scum. So I don't get where you're getting this idea that I'm not being pushed from.

You literally described me as being derpcleared earlier. What happened to that? You also said you derpcleared shadow. You have no reason to scum read either Slabdrill or peace so you quite clearly don't disagree with the conclusions I've made about them all. And with TaskManager now being proven town by his claim you've properly backed yourself into a corner. You've played a pretty good game but your flaw is that you let too many people get widely town read. But I guess that's what happens when you make safe night kills.

I'm just gonna place my vote now. To be honest, I'm not so sure there's anything that can change my mind at this point other than any extra PR claims.

!vote Bimps

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#59 2019-08-30 00:26:28

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Bimps wrote:

And yeah I'm gonna be so **** if no one is counterclaiming task.

Why would that annoy you? lol. Surely no one counterclaiming is a good thing because it literally gives us a confirmed townie.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#60 2019-08-31 13:12:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

-2 if zumza was disguiser you forgot him sure disgyuiser coudl siguise into a villager right?

Zumza was shot by the mafia. I find it unlikely that the mafia would shoot their own disguiser. But even if they did then that would still be -1 since there's only 1 disguiser.

Bimps wrote:

Otherwise I highly encourage you to put your vote on them.

You've literally not given any reasons why.

Slabdrill wrote:

The fact that maf hasn't quickhammered yet makes me believe that we have gotten the disguiser, or both mutant and peace are mafia.

That's actually a fairly decent point. Though it's entirely possible the mafia just haven't all been online at the same time. Though I do question why you miss out bimps here? All it takes is 1 of the 3 of us who are voting (who are not TaskManager) to be mafia to mean that they wouldn't be in a position to quick hammer.

peace wrote:

alos is there a connection wiht zumza's detah and ele's death? ele is descibled as a vanilla townie in the user list while zumza is just a villager

I think you're reading too much into it. I recall the mod saying earlier that they just mistakenly put vanilla townie instead of villager so I assume they just forgot to change it in the OP.

peace wrote:

also i don think the janitor has done anythgin yet in the game

And it's very good that they haven't because even if they cleaned a vanilla townie then it would have put some doubt into Task's claim. So they really screwed up there.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#61 2019-08-31 13:29:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

@Town, since many of you believe 2B to be Mutant's/Bimps's teammate (whichever of these two turns out to be mafia), do you think lynching 2B today would be a safe bet?

I'd certainly consider it safe, yes. But only if we feel like we need more time to solve the game. As far as I'm concerned, the solve for this game is whether y'all lynch me or Bimps since the rest of the mafia team is pretty obvious and that's the impression I get from most other players here including Bimps himself. That decision is still going to be there tommorow where getting it wrong means we still lose the game. The only difference is that tommorow we'd have no confirmed townie.

So if no decision can really be reached then we should definitely lynch 2B55. But this game is still going to come down to between lynching either me or Bimps in the end and the question is whether you think there's more information to be had out of the 2 of us. (And by 'you' and I mean specifically you Task since, as the confirmed townie, rolling this decision over to the next day is pretty much entirely down to you).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#62 2019-08-31 17:19:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

having this responsibility on my hands feels not cool at all

Relatable.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#63 2019-08-31 17:23:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

It's cool that you feel the need to attack my alignment in this game when my post is very clearly in reference to previous games where I've been in 'king-maker' situations numerous times.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#64 2019-08-31 22:23:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I got so mad at Mutant and 2B55, they both made references to me being Mafia despite there being no suspicion on me.

I feel that the way I did it was a perfectly natural thing to say and wasn't really suggesting you could be mafia at all. And whilst what 2B55 said was very artificial it never would have reflected poorly on you and instead just points to his own reads being fake.

Kira wrote:

If you had listened to Bimps' shotcalling you'd have probably won the game. He was the first one to suspect ShadowsEdge and Mutant, and tried his hardest to push for their lynches.

It's a shame he's not so good at pushing his opinions. Essentially shouting at people that they're wrong and complaining that no one is listening to you doesn't tend to get people to follow you. He definitely deserves a little credit for at least being right about some things though.

GG. I owe a lot to my teammates. My lack of activity at one point almost got me lynched but their actions helped prevent that. Shadow played flawlessly in this game and 2B55 was going pretty strong and only faltering slightly at the end there because he posted too much to be consistent. It's also super satisfying to get a perfect victory without any of us even having to use our roles in any meaningful way //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue. To be honest, we got quite lucky in how all the PRs were dealt with.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#65 2019-08-31 22:49:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I agree that we did just get very lucky.

I think we played a good enough game so that we probably still would have won. It would just have been that only you would have survived rather than all 3 of us.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

peace1567329158761133

Board footer