Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#526 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Re: Ultimate Builders Challenge

Master1 wrote:
Benje00 wrote:
tak4n wrote:

Woah, muffin does not stop surprising me. For hobby he creates a pretty epic magic show that I really enjoyed playing, and for this round he comes up with a whole new concept level. Benje00 and Polis, this will be very hard for you this round. As I said, two pro minimakers were unlikely to win in a contest that requires art skills. However, if you do lose this round, it wouldn't actually be because of art, but because of a new concept Muffin made.

Don't let me jump ahead of myself though, you guys are truly amazing at minis. However, it would be hard to win with just minis. But idk, maybe you guys will win this round and I'll be embarrassed, anything can happen.

It had a very unique concept which nobody knows how Muffin did it, but the gameplay wasn't very fun.   It was somewhat rage-inducing to me.   I don't know about other people, (it might be my bias viewpoint) but I don't think this level is all that great.   Minis weren't fun, art wasn't very good, and there wasn't much of a story.

I believe Polis and I will win.   Because of our storyline, minis, and so-so art. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue  

PS: Muffin, don't let this level building contest mess up our friendship. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I figured it out :>>>>

Same. It is pretty obvious.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#527 Before February 2015

Koto

Judging will be so fun this time around!

#528 Before February 2015

Master1

Judging will be so unbiasable this time around!

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#529 Before February 2015

Koto

The list of levels will be a bit different this time, because people, like pyro, had stories to their maps.

#530 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Omg good. I was worried the judges wouldn't know to read.

Thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#531 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

pls include story for mine

You wake up suddenly in the middle of the night with a feeling that something is wrong. Before you can bring yourself to your wits you are pulled under your bed and you pass out. You awake in front of your house... except it's.. twisted... The sky and ground is a weird color. You hear your mother scream. You try to get into your "house" but the door is locked. There is a lamp that wasn't there before.... I wonder what it does...

Twisted Manor

AJ38sMw.png

Play

After you win:

You're back in your room. What was that? It couldn't have been a dream......

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Aug 9 2013 7:21:19 pm)

#532 Before February 2015

Deetz

I think orcwizard is a real underdog here. I'm rooting for you! Until you're against me ofc.

#533 Before February 2015

tak4n

Everyone is so hyped up for this. This could go anyone's way.
Boh & Jaybm vs Drock & 0176 - This battle will be on fire, the theme will make it ridiculously close between them and it could go any way!
Muffin vs Benje00 & Polis - Professional minis vs a new concept, who will win? This will definitely be a close one!
Theditor & Stagecrew vs Pyromaniac & Deetz - They easily amaze us with their art, if not art, then they still manage to surprise us, who will surprise us the most? Either way, this will be very close!
Orcwizard vs GKAnub & Buzzerbee - Orcwizard has definitely surprised us by making it this far, however, it wasn't because of luck, it was because of hard work and a lot of effort put into his maps, also being first to submit a map for 3rd round. GKA & Buzzerbee are definitely tough opponents, however, it seems that Orcwizard has what it takes to destroy those 2 nubs. This is definitely going to be a close battle!

This is getting so exciting!

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#534 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

This is getting exciting, and not only for my bracket.

All of the levels are so good so far...

#535 Before February 2015

Jaybm

So, we made this level in 2 hours because we have terrible time management, specifically me. Anyway, here's the story:

You've just been raped by boh and her fat and sweaty body. The experience was so scarring, that the only way to forget them is to kill yourself. You go to the suicide house and try to kill yourself with spikes and fire, but then you can't for some reason...

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWmP_ftu26a0I

The goal of the level is basically to kill yourself by running into a hazard. when you kill yourself, you have everlasting piece in your tomb and win the level.

#536 Before February 2015

Koto

^ lol

All that we need is for buzzer or GK to turn in their map soon, might not be within the next 20 mins if I haven't made the list yet.

#537 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

BuzzerBee and GKAbyssFlorida Present:

Bone Chilling

Please read the provided story for the best gameplay experience.

A massive world war has ended. The last thing you remember is a sharp pain in the head, and darkness. You remember a lot of darkness. You think your eyes are open, but all you can see is more blackness. The same pitch black you saw when the bombs dropped and the smoke and smog blocked your vision. You remember your mother, shot by a pale-skinned soldier. You feel around and realise you are trapped in something. It's hard to breathe, you must get out. You push around and find that you were buried in the bones of, more than likely, innocent people. All you want to do is get revenge, but you can't. You are weak. You are paralysed. You cannot do much more than go in four measly directions. You cannot do things you previously could, like jump. You remember the burial spot of your mother and go to see her one last time, struggling the entire time with your handicap. Once you find her, you look in disgust of how she is already decomposed and nothing but bones. You touch the skull, solemnity fills your brain. You are done. There is nothing more to live for. You lie on the ground, take one of the many guns littered on the ground, and fall by your mother. Two once active lives now rest together.

UBC Round 3 Submission:
Bone Chilling
Bone Chilling (BETA)
Direct Link: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAuAeJ_Dta0I

Thanks for playing, and good luck to all!

Last edited by BuzzerBee (Aug 9 2013 10:25:35 pm)

TdQRyz3.png

#538 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I recommend the name "Tenebrous Imprecation".

Edit: recommended level name is now outdated due to the fact that I realized that I had forgotten that Buzzerbee had already had a story in mind after the original secondary plan.
New recommended level name: "Sadness".

Please keep it and the word horror in your mind as you play the level.

Last edited by GKAbyss (Aug 9 2013 10:31:42 pm)

#539 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

^That is most definitely not the name bzr.

Bzrs Bony Booty Bones Butts

#540 Before February 2015

Koto

#541 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Yo

Needing any more judges?

#542 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Time to start working on predictions and reviews!

This round, and from now on, all contestants will be given an in-depth review from me when I post my predictions.

TdQRyz3.png

#543 Before February 2015

Koto

AzurePudding wrote:

Yo

Needing any more judges?

Uhh......I haven't really heard from bobyy lately, so idk I might add you as one, if I don't hear from him, and need another one.

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Aug 9 2013 10:55:11 pm)

#544 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

damnit koto you forgot my story.

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=472728#p472728

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Aug 9 2013 11:45:47 pm)

#545 Before February 2015

Koto

No I didn't.

(Ignore the part that says edited)

#546 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Drock2308 & 0176:

Your level stayed true to the theme. The art wasn't anything spectacular, but it was sufficient. The gameplay was actually a lot of fun. Usually invisible portal levels are "meh", but I really enjoyed this one. It was perplexing but it made sense. I think that your overall level was great, and I can't pick out things to be improved. However, that doesn't mean that the level was at its best. I think in general you could have made it smoother. Some of the minis were less than decent. But like I said, great work.

Boh and Jaybm:

Sadly, your story didn't do much for me, but that's okay. Anyways, the minis were good, but they lacked a "horror" feel. The art really gave the horror effect, but it doesn't really matter when the gameplay doesn't do the same. I enjoyed the level, yes. But for this competition I don't think that the level has what it takes to continue to the next round. It was a great level, and difficult to have to tell you what I didn't necessarily like about it, but I think you guys make a great team and the level was great. It simply just didn't suffice for this theme, sorry.

Muffin:

Your concept was truly brilliant. Your execution, however, was poor. The feeling of "not looking back" really gave this a horror-esque vibe. That is what gave you the advantage in this round. The art wasn't amazing, and the minis definitely needed improvement, but the concept won me over. I can't say I loved the level, because of the less than decent execution of the concept. It was great, though, and I hope to see more of these levels from you (hopefully with better minis!).

Benje00 & Polis:

Your level showed me that horror isn't either of your fortes. I really loved the minis, they were fun. They may have been original, but they were short and sweet and I enjoyed them. As I said with Jaybm and Boh's level, it would be great for anything other than this competition. It was so much fun, it was just lacking a horror feel. The story definitely added the fright, but without the story there isn't much horror to the level. Don't get down, though. It was a phenomenal level and you both did a phenomenal job.

Theditor & StageCrew:

Not gonna judge this.

Pyromaniac & Deetz:

Not gonna judge this.

disgjsdjklgh this is too stressful, I won't tell you why I didn't judge either of your level, but I will not do it.

And now I can't review orc's because I just can't and I wish i could tell you why but no I CANT SORRY OMG

Expect better reviews next round.

TdQRyz3.png

#547 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

I hope none of you mind but I'm too lazy I have a project on Platform Racing 2 to attend I'm too busy with my life to type reviews. I'll still be judging levels, just, not with complicated paragraphs attached to them.

It's also too difficult for the later rounds because everyone's so extraordinarily good at this and it's difficult to differentiate and prefer one over another.

#548 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

Well now we're getting close to the end of the competition.

I think that it is gonna be very tough for the judges to decide a winner for this round.

Anyways, if a second competition is started, who wants to be partners with me?

#549 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I would disagree with boh when she said everything else was below average. I thought that all the maps turned in this round were great. Like legoking said, this is going to be tough for the judges //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I dont envy you.

Although I dont understand why buzzer said so dramatically he couldn't judge some levels O.O

#550 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

oh no i totally understand what youre saying. My own map was definitely average in my opinion. i spent too much time on the story and not so much the gamplay.

I agree with what you said, I just thought they were better than "sub par"

I definitely think most of them could be improved, but its tough with the critera set for the contest //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Koto142393554925883

Board footer