Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#476 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

Re: Ultimate Builders Challenge

Here goes anywho:

**DID NOT VOTE FOR R AND X BECAUSE THERE WAS NO GIVEN COMPETITION FOR THEM**
(I'm also too lazy to review them anyway)

--------
Q
Boh & Jaybm

The main reason for my decision here is because I had no idea what was going on during Flamex234 & Hytres1's level (I know it's themed around Badminton), because the gameplay was too fast to fathom. If this was intentional, I guess I had some idea how it was related to Badminton - forgetting the decoration - because us being the smiley ball, was swung from right to left. But even so, that was too fast and nauseating for me.

Meanwhile, Boh & Jaybm's level was calm and, as an opinion, was the perfect difficulty. What's best is that I knew what I was doing to some degree. I'd prefer a "playable-to-the-end" level than a "repeat-what-you-just-did-because-you-were-not-accurate-enough-at-high-speeds" level.

S
Muffin

I LOVE THIS LEVEL.
I can't put it into words how awesome it is. It's like an interactive story with good humor, fun minigames and an overjoy to play through.
Although, traversing the lightswitches does get abit annoying if you fail too much, then it gets repetitive. And when you don't fail at all, it's a really quick level. But then again, there's not much you can do with limited space. It would also be a bit faster and less annoying if you used portals of sorts for the restart level when 'dead' mechanism than loading the entire level again with a world-change warp.

Sorry Hummerz & Shinyporygon5, but there was nothing to it. I tried to pull a speedrun for this level, and every time, I got 25 seconds or less (23 being my quickest). All this was, was collect A to E following a really obvious and open path, and occasionally jumping inside the red fish.
I'll applaud you on the artwork though.

T
Undecided

I'm going to leave it to the other judges for this one because I'm torn between them.

imgood9; I'm gonna be honest, if I was creating a level about hobbies, the last thing I would even consider is mathematics. But, that's opinion. What I'm actually going to consider, however, is the lack of relation to mathematics. I can't help but think that this is a more dull to look at version of Theditor & Stagecrew's PacMan level in stage 1. But saying that, I understand it's near impossible to create relation to mathematics as an Everybody Edits level, which is why I wouldn't have chosen it as a subject - besides quizzes. Even so, there was still barely any scenary to look at on the minimap.

Benje00 & Polis; This would've easily won my vote had you not done one thing - given away the solution. If there were no coloured tiles dotted in the background to represent a line, I would've loved the element of puzzle-solving. Perhaps I'd understand if the whole map was about execution and performance, but even so, there wasn't much of it when given away the path. This level would be alot better as a puzzler. I will redeem you on the visuals, though.
They're both equal to one another for different reasons, which all sum/negate to the same standard, in my opinion.

U
Theditor & Stagecrew... I guess.

I LOVE THIS LEVEL... ASWELL.
Thank you ever so much for following mine... and technically MIHB's advice. This being a quick performance level, it payed off. It being timed may be a little negatory to some, but not for me. The scenario genuinely felt like a dive into adventurous caverns - and the doors and gates show how sharp your senses must be for such a quest. Props to you two, and keep up the good work. From me, it will certainly get you far.

I do apologise, Thecoolguy. I love your level as well, but unless the minigames were a sort of relation to bunny-hopping, I can only really accept the hobby in the level as artwork - which looked incredible, I might add. The minigames were fun, though, so, well done for that.
Had I share a cake between both sides; GadgetGeek Theditor & Stagecrew would get the majority - but only by a slim margin.

V
Pyromaniac & Deetz

STOP GIVING ME SUCH DIFFICULT CHOICES. GAH.
I felt Pyromaniac & Deetz excelled more than SmittyW because they've done something nobody else had, while still it being related to a common hobby - music. This is the only time I know where music actually has a purpose besides aesthetic use. Ear Training still manages to be difficult, all while being lengthy and managing to tie in with some pretty groovy artwork. I'd like to see a full on great world level with this (and related) concept(s) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

SmittyW, I noticed no real change of difficulty on the playing field but rather uncontrolable accuracy. For me, it was pure luck whether I managed to succeed levels or not. That could be my keyboard and/or recent idiotic behaviour though.

W
Orcwizard

I don't know if I'm being stupid but I don't understand what the hobby is for skullz16 & JR2's level. The only ideas I have is if EE itself is being the hobby, or if it's some sort of virtual world to show that we pretend to be social when we're really keeping ourselves inside a dark room secluding ourselves from real life, because you can do whatever you feel when inside the laptop, it doesn't matter what you do because it doesn't effect you outside.
Or I'm digging in too much like every English teacher ever and I'm explaining why an author chose blue curtains "as if they were explaining the coldness and negativity of the room it shelters the sun from" when in reality, they chose blue curtains because they felt like doing so.

The level itself I thought was quite lacking. It's annoying when I'm trapped in one corner and am only able to escape randomly. The visuals were okay, and the tune outside the actual play area was what I thought as unnecessary, but hey, it's there incase anybody would like a theme tune of sorts. All in all, fairly average.

Orcwizard's level was more original, more fun to play through and it was clear that this is about bowling. The gameplay was dynamic and had relation to bowling, saying as if we're the ball. I did find it slightly hard to navigate, but, there's not much you can do about that.
--------
Kudos to everyone who weren't able to make it to the next round, well done to the people who've excelled further into the competition!
lol2500posts

Last edited by Tachyonic (Aug 1 2013 9:40:15 am)

#477 Before February 2015

Koto

legoking2000 wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:
legoking2000 wrote:

KOTO you're soft.   They should only get a week.

That's the same amount of time as the last round.

What last round?   If I remember correctly, you extended the due date for round two.   I completely forgot, however, how long the first round was.

By one day, this round is the same length, minus that extra day.   You're just butthurt you lost.

#478 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

This theme is harder than I thought it would be... And with deetz gone, and me going on vacation again until the 7th...
Oh dear

#479 Before February 2015

Koto

*cough Pyro

Rules wrote:

You can use anything that ee has, even potions.

#480 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

I am a terrible map maker.   I'll admit that.   It would have been nice if my partner had helped me.   Or if I knew I could do anything in the arcade and not just an arcade game.

#481 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

tak4n wrote:

The next theme is horror? I am getting the feeling drock and 0176 are going to win this theme... That's an unfair theme as it gives them the absolute advantage.

I guess I wouldnt get why this is really unfair at all.

#482 Before February 2015

tak4n

D-rock2308 wrote:
tak4n wrote:

The next theme is horror? I am getting the feeling drock and 0176 are going to win this theme... That's an unfair theme as it gives them the absolute advantage.

Think of it in this way, an angel and a dark angel are fighting against each other at night, in a grave yard while it is raining with lightning and fog.
Do you reckon the angel has the advantage who is used to light.
Or do you think the dark angel has the advantage since he is used to these kind of situations.
FTW MMO examples >:D

It is unfair in that way since you and 0176 are the darkest of all dark angels.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#483 Before February 2015

Master1

tak4n wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:
tak4n wrote:

Think of it in this way, an angel and a dark angel are fighting against each other at night, in a grave yard while it is raining with lightning and fog.
Do you reckon the angel has the advantage who is used to light.
Or do you think the dark angel has the advantage since he is used to these kind of situations.
FTW MMO examples >:D

It is unfair in that way since you and 0176 are the darkest of all dark angels.

You aren't even competing, calm down. Let others complain.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#484 Before February 2015

Koto

^ Ummm.... WAT.

EDIT wrote:

Damn you Master1 for posting, that WAT goes to t4ken.

I've actually had this theme planned for round three since round one started.   I think that Boh/Jaybm vs Drock/0176 is actually a fairly even match.   While Drock's team has been doing better gameplay, Boh/Jaybm have had original ideas that connected to the themes alot better than Drock/0176 have been doing.

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Aug 1 2013 10:14:58 pm)

#485 Before February 2015

Jaybm

Boh and I are a lot darker than anyone will ever know... we're secretly goth's that go door to door and suffocate people in boh's fat rolls.

#486 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

Jaybm wrote:

Boh and I are a lot darker than anyone will ever know... we're secretly goth's that go door to door and suffocate people in boh's fat rolls.

O_O Uhh, I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that...

Good luck to everyone on round 3.

#487 Before February 2015

Benje00

Jaybm wrote:

I already knew this, Jaybm.

#488 Before February 2015

Master1

Boh wrote:
Benje00 wrote:
Jaybm wrote:

I already knew this, Jaybm.

You're not nice people, you don't belong on EE.

lmao, pro comment boh

#489 Before February 2015

Is Drock living below another rock?

#490 Before February 2015

Deetz

Pyromaniac wrote:

This theme is harder than I thought it would be... And with deetz gone, and me going on vacation again until the 7th...
Oh dear

Oh don't worry I'm back

#491 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

Oh, relax Pyromaniac. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Besides, horror themed levels aren't that hard at all. You just have to draw bloody/gory images, with graphical content that isn't allowed in EE and will get you reported....but you just have to draw really good looking skeletons that are hard to draw and...oh dear.

Oh well. If it were me in the contest, it would be easy considering the amount of times I get that one image from Squidward's Suicide in my search results. I'm serious, I'll be searching one little thing that's not even related to it, and then it'll...Oh, my apologies. I'm getting carried away. Anywho, good luck and all that.

#492 Before February 2015

Koto

IDK man, stairs are pretty frightening.   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#493 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

IDK man, stairs are pretty frightening.   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Or hookjumps.

OH THE HORROR

#494 Before February 2015

Koto

Well, the real terror occurs when half the submissions are zombie worlds.

#495 Before February 2015

Orcwizard

#496 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Ok, so now that we have an idea, I'm pumped about this round.

Bring it on

#497 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

Cool story bro

But I can't win. -rep (Lol jk ur cool)

Last edited by ShinyPorygon5 (Aug 3 2013 11:13:41 pm)

#498 Before February 2015

VS Boh and Jaybum. Oh dear lord. I can't summon a Drock //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#499 Before February 2015

Master1

Time is running out! Only 3 days left to build for round 3

#500 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

So much to do, and so little time D:

Koto142393554925883

Board footer