Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#451 Before February 2015

imgood9

Re: Ultimate Builders Challenge

D-rock2308 wrote:
tak4n wrote:

It's a safe prediction to make that boh and jaybm will win the whole competition.
However I think theditor and stagecrew would be their competition in the finals, just my opinion.

Yet again, anything can happen...

boh and jaybm will be crushed. drockobama 2012

Or someone that no one knows will crush the competition, although that isn't very likely since pretty much everyone left is pretty well-known on EE.

#452 Before February 2015

Koto

Round Two FINAL Results
a5JWMqT.png
Round Three Theme: Horror

Round Three Timeline:
July 31-August 9: Competitors create and submit their entries.
August 10-12: Judges vote on the entries.

REMEMBER: DO NOT DELETE ANY OF YOUR MAP SUBMISSIONS, EVEN IF YOU LOST.   YOU CAN, AND WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DELETE THEM/ MAKE NON-VISIBLE!
LOOK AT YOUR OPPONENTS PREVIOUS SUBMISSIONS TO HAVE AN IDEA WHAT YOU ARE FACING THIS ROUND!   ALL MAP LINKS ARE LOCATED ON THE FIRST POST.

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Jul 31 2013 2:44:12 pm)

#453 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Stuff is getting serious. I like it.

@pyro: what happened to Deetz?

#454 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

Aww, I lost. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Oh well. I suppose I'll just have to wait for the judges' reasons, and with that being said, I'm sure they have their reasons. I suppose I'll take a look at the other organization things like TBF.

Anyways, it's all part of the game. He beat me fair and square.

Last edited by ShinyPorygon5 (Jul 31 2013 3:07:43 pm)

#455 Before February 2015

skullz17

GG Orcwizard. I liked your level, I was right to assume you would win. Good luck against Buzzerbee & GKAbyss. They could be tough.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#456 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Arceus64 wrote:

He's nowhere to be found D:, He went on vacation but about a week ago he told me he was back, and ever since then I haven't seen him...Looks like I'll be facing stagecrew and theditor on my own...

lol

Also, Koto (and other judges) will we be getting a review like last time?

#457 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

My predictions for round two were almost spot-on. Congratulations everyone and good luck!

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#458 Before February 2015

Master1

Here are my reviews for every level in Round 2: (underlined names were the winners)

Q:
Flamex234 & Hytres1:
You guys played a VERY dangerous game with that concept at the beginning, however, it actually worked. The level was oddly fun, and the art was very nice on the minimap, but pretty spammy ingame. Next time, I would try to create a stronger gameplay, and try not to use as many crazy backrounds. This was still a very nice level, great job //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Boh & Jaybm:
Wow, the concept of drawing seemed like it would be impossible to make minigame challenges for, but you guys managed to pull it off pretty well. The minigames in your level seemed to flow very nicely, just like a pencil would if you were drawing. The art on the map also looks very nice, and I didn't recieve any headaches from the ingame art. Loved it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

This was a very tough call, but in the end, It had to go to Boh & Jaybms, very Sketchy level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

R:
0176 & Drock2308:
You guys probably had the best hobby out of everything submitted, but the actual level wasn't too amazing though. The art was pretty decent, but a few minis were kind of bleh. It was still a decent level though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Good luck in round 3!

S:
Hummerz & Shinyporygon5:
You guys had a fairly decent level, however it still had a few flaws. The art was great both ingame and on the map, but the gameplay is what killed you. When compared to the other fish related levels submitted, the gameplay was serverly lacking. Your level was basically just an underwater coinhunt, with no challenge at all.

Muffin:
Heh, this is probably the the funniest level submitted. I like how you tend to bring humor to a lot of your levels. While this level had no real art, the gameplay was actually pretty fun. It seemed exactly like a real magic show, which is mainly why you won in the end.

T:
Imgood9:
You had very interesting hobby. The minimap looked cool, but the minigames were definitely lacking. None of them really blended with the concept, and a few were just way too ragey.

Benje00 & Polis:
This level was one of my top 3 favorites. The art was really nice, and the gameplay blended pretty well. It felt like I was actually fishing :O You guys deserved this win.

U:
Theditor & Stagecrew:
Definitely another top 3 level. The art in this was awesome, and I loved how you managed to incorperate air loss with your diving theme. This is another level where I felt like I was actually doing what the theme was. I hope you guys make it to round 3!

Thecoolguy:
I blame DClevels for your loss, had you known that the old theme was a joke, you probably could have had a chance. I is rly sry for you lose :c

V:
Pyromaniac & Deetz:
Heh. I was expecting pretty much everyone to do a music theme, kinda surprised me that you were the only one. This level had a lot of nice art, and the gameplay matched perfectly. It amazed me how you managed to make the notes on the minimap, match the notes ingame.

SmittyW:
The air hockey idea was brilliant, and the art and the gameplay blended very well, just like the other team's. This bracket was an extremely close call, but I had to go with pyro&deetz. I so sry :c

W:
skullz16 & JR2:
The art in your level looked nice, however the gameplay didn't blend at all. Also serveral of the coins were a pain to get. I didn't find this level very fun, which is why I didn't choose it.

Orcwizard:
I loved the concept of bowling, and the way you executed it was great. The level looked nice, and it was very enjoyable to play, great work Orcwizard ^^

X:
Gkabyssflorida & Buzzerbee:
While the gameplay matched very well, the level looked pretty spammy and not really neat. I still really enjoyed the level though. Congrats on the win //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Number1Kirbyfan10:
I honestly don't understand how this level matches your theme, at all. Art was okay, and the minis weren't that great. Also, you were the only person to submit after the deadline, that gave you even more points off.

Last edited by Master1 (Jul 31 2013 4:43:46 pm)

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#459 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

I've got reviews ready, I just need to triple check and verify by playing the levels again.

#460 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

KOTO you're soft.   They should only get a week.

#461 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

cmon gadgetgeek, your killin me smalls

#462 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Pyromaniac wrote:
Arceus64 wrote:

He's nowhere to be found D:, He went on vacation but about a week ago he told me he was back, and ever since then I haven't seen him...Looks like I'll be facing stagecrew and theditor on my own...

I pray that he is still alive. Seriously, it's depressing.

Anyone know him personally?

#463 Before February 2015

Koto

legoking2000 wrote:

That's the same amount of time as the last round.

#464 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

When making art levels I usually don't intend for the gameplay to be spectacular, especially when it's within the art itself. (As you can see from my Shiny Porygon Land level).

It's just that I usually tend to stick to the main concept of the level itself, rather than trying to squish in other things. The only reason I've done it now is because I felt that the given art itself just was not enough for the entire entry. I've now learned from this, that I either make the gameplay better, or just leave it as it is and not try to add anything else which could change one's opinion of the level altogether in a bad way.

?This reply was posted from a Nintendo 3DS.?

#465 Before February 2015

imgood9

Noooo, I lost. I could've really used that Crown Hat lol.
Ah, well. You can't win 'em all. Good luck to the remaining competitors.

#466 Before February 2015

tak4n

The next theme is horror? I am getting the feeling drock and 0176 are going to win this theme... That's an unfair theme as it gives them the absolute advantage.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#467 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Master1 wrote:

Number1Kirbyfan10:
I honestly don't understand how this level matches your theme, at all. Art was okay, and the minis weren't that great. Also, you were the only person to submit after the deadline, that gave you even more points off.

I didn't really know how else to fit my theme in just 2,500 blocks.

I haven't really learned how to make good art yet, but I should have kept with my idea that had better art (but wasn't saved due to the error that forces myself back to the lobby).

I didn't really know how to fit my minigames into those arrows areas (How did I make that mistake?), so I just made arrows and dots until I found a way.

I really should have submitted earlier, I agree on that.

Last edited by N1KF (Jul 31 2013 11:25:27 pm)

#468 Before February 2015

Master1

tak4n wrote:

The next theme is horror? I am getting the feeling drock and 0176 are going to win this theme... That's an unfair theme as it gives them the absolute advantage.

If you're talking about the level they made for round 2, I'd like to let you know that KOTO had the round 3 theme since round 1 ended. It wasn't meant to be a biased theme or anything.

#469 Before February 2015

tak4n

Master1 wrote:
tak4n wrote:

If you're talking about the level they made for round 2, I'd like to let you know that KOTO had the round 3 theme since round 1 ended. It wasn't meant to be a biased theme or anything.

I am talking about both round one and round two, they are very professional at making dark maps. Horror is a perfect theme for their style of level making.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#470 Before February 2015

Master1

tak4n wrote:
Master1 wrote:
tak4n wrote:

I am talking about both round one and round two, they are very professional at making dark maps. Horror is a perfect theme for their style of level making.

I'm gonna laugh if they submit their killing people (round 2) map, as their horror map.

#471 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Next round I will start giving detailed reviews and predictions (except for my own levels of course).

Just wanted to prepare y'all :rolleyes::rolleyes:

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#472 Before February 2015

Roselastrider

Just pointing out that all my judging up to now has been unbiased. Where as the names of the makers were covered so the levels were judged fairly.

I wanted to point this out sometime, and thought it would be best now that all the unwell known people are out.

#473 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
legoking2000 wrote:

That's the same amount of time as the last round.

What last round?   If I remember correctly, you extended the due date for round two.   I completely forgot, however, how long the first round was.

#474 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Im still waiting for gadgetgeeks reviews //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#475 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

Pyromaniac wrote:

Im still waiting for gadgetgeeks reviews //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I'm scared I might get something wrong and everyone will hate me and I get banished from EE fivever and I'm the reason someone got out accidentally because of my incompetence and that.

Koto142393554925883

Board footer