Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: EX Crew - New Official Thread

Jojomanjo wrote:

I can tell you it's not, and I'm not even in the crew. Look at the owner of the room. Jamesmaky1. Who the heck is that?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#77 Before February 2015

mustang

^ TakoMan02 We do not make maps for the attention, in fact we care very little about play count and how much others are talking about us. It's the fact that we make maps regardless of attention and play count that has enabled us to get to where we are today. Also, it's because of us that crews even exist after we popularized the concept last year. We have not hindered the smaller crews, in fact it's the opposite, we enabled them to exist and there is nothing stopping a smaller crew from earning their own recognition by providing quality maps.

Complaining that the maps we put out are too good is absurd, and I highly doubt any EE player would rather we stop making maps or release lower quality ones just so they can look at other crews. Just enjoy the process of making a map, and stop focusing on attention, and you will enjoy EE much more which will lead you to make higher quality maps.

UPDATE: The first post has been edited with the following update. You can read the first post by clicking HERE.

Latest News (5/20/2011): We now have around 130 rooms in Shift, including the most recent fan submissions that were accepted. Congrats to Greenzoid2, whose room was the only one that made it in from the most recent batch of submissions. Please make sure your rooms are playable when you submit them or they will be ignored, and as always post your Shift rooms HERE.

Unfortunately the release of Hell will be delayed until next week. With all the time it takes to continue to improve Shift, there has been no time left over to make the final push to finish Hell, but we hope to complete it by next weekend at the latest.

#78 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Awesome //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile my room got in. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

edit: I played it and won for the first time lol

Last edited by Greenzoid2 (May 21 2011 1:39:16 am)

#79 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

Do you have a member in your crew called jamesmckay1?

he seems to like making worlds called ex crew art 2011

check out hes profile in two of his worlds hes got ex crew badges.
http://everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/jamesmckay1

#80 Before February 2015

Nou

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

Do you have a member in your crew called jamesmckay1?

he seems to like making worlds called ex crew art 2011

check out hes profile in two of his worlds hes got ex crew badges.
http://everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/jamesmckay1

He is obviously not in our crew. If those levels were legit they would be posted in this thread as well. Plus, we don't make smiley art... :rolleyes:

No u.

#81 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

Id be kinda annoyed if there was someone doing that and they werent in my crew.

Its kinda........copyright, lol. (not really)

#82 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

mustang wrote:

^ TakoMan02 We do not make maps for the attention, in fact we care very little about play count and how much others are talking about us. It's the fact that we make maps regardless of attention and play count that has enabled us to get to where we are today.

All I can say to this is: it may not be your intent to be popular, but you are.

mustang wrote:

Also, it's because of us that crews even exist after we popularized the concept last year. We have not hindered the smaller crews, in fact it's the opposite, we enabled them to exist and there is nothing stopping a smaller crew from earning their own recognition by providing quality maps.

I've had a similar problem with a portal machine: you may be one of the first crews, but you are certainly not the first person to think of a crew on EE. I highly doubt that, without EX, crews would not exist.

mustang wrote:

Complaining that the maps we put out are too good is absurd, and I highly doubt any EE player would rather we stop making maps or release lower quality ones just so they can look at other crews.

Not once have I complained about EX popularity. I have not complained your maps are too good, and I have not suggested you stop making/reduce the quality of your maps, so I don't know where you're getting that from. My first post, if you read it, said "This is not a debate. I just want people's opinions," and from there on I have not said anything complain-y about EX.

mustang wrote:

Just enjoy the process of making a map, and stop focusing on attention, and you will enjoy EE much more which will lead you to make higher quality maps.

You just said that I am obsessed with attention, which I am not, I don't enjoy EE as much as I could, which is odd that you think you know that, and that my maps are of lesser-then-expected quality. Wow.

Last edited by Tako (May 21 2011 3:08:40 pm)

#83 Before February 2015

Wahaha

TakoMan02 wrote:

I've had a similar problem with a portal machine: you may be one of the first crews, but you are certainly not the first person to think of a crew on EE. I highly doubt that, without EX, crews would not exist.

We were the first "crew" on EE and the other groups copied us (notice how they all have crew in their name). This was quite obvious if you were around back then.

I don't think that EX being popular is a bad thing. If the other groups want attention, then yes they'd have more of it if EX didn't exist. But EX does exist so... too bad. Every group gets as much attention as it deserves. Better maps = more attention. So there's nothing bad about this situation. Plus it's not like attention is a limited thing.

Last edited by Wahaha (May 21 2011 3:22:43 pm)

#84 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

EX'S POPULARITY IS NOT A BAD THING! I NEVER SAID THAT!

My LORD. I've been accused for saying EX's popularity is a bad thing 4 times now!

#85 Before February 2015

BEE

But you did say as much before. In PMs. Unless I am I mistaken?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#86 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

In PM's? Well, I have had a conversation with Nou about this in PM's, but I don't think I said EX was a problem.

From the start, I was asking for people's opinions, and nothing more; but it became more anyway.

Just because I asked the question "does EX have too much popularity" does not mean I think that EX has too much popularity, it means I asked a question.

#87 Before February 2015

MIHB

TakoMan02 wrote:
mustang wrote:

Also, it's because of us that crews even exist after we popularized the concept last year. We have not hindered the smaller crews, in fact it's the opposite, we enabled them to exist and there is nothing stopping a smaller crew from earning their own recognition by providing quality maps.

As Wahaha has stated, we were the first crew.   This is indisputable: the term "crew" was developed by us, and I can remember the conversation that resulted in the name EX Crew.   Although there were other people who worked together, we were the first to collaborate so heavily, as part of a coherent team, with a name and logo.   Without us in all likelihood groups would have risen to some extent, but who can say if they would be nearly as widespread or popular as they are now.

mustang wrote:

Complaining that the maps we put out are too good is absurd, and I highly doubt any EE player would rather we stop making maps or release lower quality ones just so they can look at other crews.

Not once have I complained about EX popularity. I have not complained your maps are too good, and I have not suggested you stop making/reduce the quality of your maps, so I don't know where you're getting that from. My first post, if you read it, said "This is not a debate. I just want people's opinions," and from there on I have not said anything complain-y about EX.

What I find fascinating is that you have not said what you would have be different, or what we could do to help other crews, or anything else.   Your only line of discussion is complaint.   If you want something to be different, explain what should be different, why it should be different, and why we should help make it different.   Otherwise you are just a whiner.

Last edited by MIHB (May 21 2011 3:36:54 pm)

#88 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Heck, if it weren't for ex crew I probably wouldn't be playing this game anymore.

#89 Before February 2015

Wahaha

TakoMan02 wrote:

My LORD. I've been accused for saying EX's popularity is a bad thing 4 times now!

Then what exactly are we discussing? I think you're saying that it's a problem for less popular groups because they get less attention, right? If that is a PROBLEM then it's a BAD THING for those groups. If it's not a problem or bad thing then there's nothing to talk about.

Edit: "Does it bother you?" is basically the same thing as "Do you think it is a bad thing?" So you're asking for our opinions and everyone is saying "Yes EX gets a lot of attention but I don't think it's a bad thing" which is answering your question.

Last edited by Wahaha (May 21 2011 3:55:46 pm)

#90 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

@MIHB: This, "discussion" is lacking organization; we're just biting each other back and forth.

TakoMan02 wrote:

Do you think EX Crew is hogging all the attention, and does it bother you?

This is not a debate, simply provide your opinion.

How am I complaining/whining? I am interested why you would think this.

@DROCK: I am not saying EX's popularity is a problem.
@WAHAHA: I am describing my question even further, not supplying an opinion.

Last edited by Tako (May 21 2011 3:47:52 pm)

#91 Before February 2015

BEE

Okay. Then this conversation is over. Tako doesnt say that EX crew is a problem and no one thinks it is a problem so there is no more conversation.

-logic from a drunken bee

#92 Before February 2015

mustang

TakoMan02 wrote:

Let me refresh your memory.

TakoMan02 wrote:

Put yourself in my shoes. A small business owner with dirt floors and crappy merchandise. Next door, we have EX. A giant glass skyscraper that is obviously worth millions. We both make shoes for products. I, after a lot of hard work, make a very nice shoe that has just the quality of EX's. EX, at the same time, makes their new shoe. Now, it doesn't matter how loved the shoe is, I will just be pushed back into the shadows to be ignored.

TakoMan02 wrote:

I just ask that you not monopolize crew respect. When they're always someone obviously better then you, it's worthless even competing. Same with football, spelling bees, businesses, and advertisement.

TakoMan02 wrote:

Yes, I'm not suggesting we ignore EX entirely, I'm saying they shouldn't intentionally be the best.

TakoMan02 wrote:

Is that right, though? SHOULD they get more plays because they're popular? And, what, with cyhp1e's programming they are given a clear advantage, for they have something very few people possess.

TakoMan02 wrote:

But, yes, to an extent, we are indeed on the same playing field, if you ignore cyph1e and their popularity. Elite Team could indeed get someone that knows how to hack. We could train our members to be amazing. We could, very well, be equivalent to EX. But they're making it 10x harder.

TakoMan02 wrote:

You claim you're making levels for fun, correct? It doesn't bother you in the least that EX will always make a level better then you, no matter how much you try? It's like 2 kids playing with blocks. The kid across the room makes a tower as tall as the ceiling, and here you are (having fun) making a pitiful little building. Are you competing? No. Is there a competition? Yes. For plays in your level.

And, honestly, building the level isn't the fun part to me. It's watching your level get to the top of the lobby, seeing your room filled with people and looking at a hard day's work is the better part.

TakoMan02 wrote:

EX Crew is the best, will always be the best, and spares no room for other crews to get attention.

TakoMan02 wrote:

My point is: is their popularity so magnified that other crews seem smaller in popularity? If so, then yes it is a small problem, because these lesser-then-EX crews (I'm sure) don't like to feel unpopular.

You started off clearly arguing that our popularity was hurting other crews, and then little by little you backed off and are now trying to say you merely want to hear other opinions. Well others have spoken, and they unanimously said our popularity is not a problem.

If you truly only wanted opinions, you have your answer and you can rest easy knowing our popularity doesn't offend anyone. If you have a problem with our popularity, then make that clear and stop dancing around the issue trying to not look like the only one who dislikes our fame.

Last edited by mustang (May 21 2011 3:52:04 pm)

#93 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

BEE wrote:

Okay. Then this conversation is over. Tako doesnt say that EX crew is a problem and no one thinks it is a problem so there is no more conversation.

-logic from a drunken bee

This. Thank you. Perhaps you SHOULD be a moderator, after all.

@MUSTANG:

TakoMan02 wrote:

Ok, if you read the posts on Shift, ignore those. I'll ask a question, and you simply provide your opinion. Nothing more.

I was not trying to provoke a false opinion. Like I told Wahaha, I was simply adding information to my question.

At first, yes, I was offended by EX's popularity. I couldn't explain myself very well, so I just stopped posting on shift. Then, I came here to see if other people agreed with me, which they do not.

By seeking agreement, I was not providing an opinion, which people made it out to be.

Last edited by Tako (May 21 2011 4:02:21 pm)

#94 Before February 2015

mustang

TakoMan02 wrote:

@MUSTANG:

TakoMan02 wrote:

Ok, if you read the posts on Shift, ignore those. I'll ask a question, and you simply provide your opinion. Nothing more.

You can't just post something and then retract it later expecting everyone to ignore your previous statements. Next time avoid posting anything you don't believe in, or stand by your words and don't back off if you truly feel that way, or else you will come off as someone trying to cause trouble.

#95 Before February 2015

supadorf24

By the time this whole debate is over with, EX Crew's thread will be longer than MX Crew's.

#96 Before February 2015

BEE

No because drunken Bee demands it end because Tako changed how he wants to present his view so there is no more argument.

#97 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

You're drunk?

#98 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

maybe, but bee wants us to quit arguing and get back on topic. this argument is mostly spam anyways.

#99 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

*sigh* Explain, brawler. How is this off-topic?

#100 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

this is a thread to talk about ex crew and their maps, not about a comment you made. say no tako, dont turn it into a mass arguement.

mustang 1423840990120442

Board footer