Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Re: EX Crew - New Official Thread

prt scrn and crop. i usually use photoshop, but i used paint for this.

#52 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Someone is keytrolling shift D:<

#53 Before February 2015

mustang

^ The rooms affected by potential key trolling have been edited, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

The first post has been edited with the following update. You can read the first post by clicking HERE.

Latest News (5/18/2011): A thread has been started where everyone can post the links to their own rooms for Shift. If you are interested in seeing one of your creations make it into our map, then please go to the thread by clicking HERE. Make sure to read all of the rules listed in the first post before submitting your room.

There has been decent progress on the Hell map, and we're hopeful that it can be released this weekend. More details will be revealed about the map when it's close to completion.

#54 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Eww. Bad Brawler! No .JPG! No!

#55 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Ok, if you read the posts on Shift, ignore those. I'll ask a question, and you simply provide your opinion. Nothing more.

Do you think EX Crew is hogging all the attention, and does it bother you?

This is not a debate, simply provide your opinion.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#56 Before February 2015

BEE

Hogging all the attention? Of whom?

And no. I feel that my art gets enough attention for its quality.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#57 Before February 2015

BillyP

I'd rather EX Crew 'hog all the attention' than see levels containing stairs and hookjumps hog all the attention.

Last edited by BillyP (May 19 2011 8:50:50 am)

#58 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

TakoMan02 wrote:

Ok, if you read the posts on Shift, ignore those. I'll ask a question, and you simply provide your opinion. Nothing more.

The levels made by EX are simply for other Users to enjoy the Maps provided. No-one is forced to play the maps so I don't see a problem. With the new Shift map; It's just another unique way for players to have fun. :rolleyes:

Last edited by EE_Scythe (May 19 2011 9:53:05 am)

#59 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

BEE wrote:

Hogging the attention of other minor crews.

#60 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TakoMan02 wrote:

Helll no.

#61 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

ex crew is the best attention hogger ever. i prefer ex crew over stairs to code.

#62 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

Brawler700 wrote:

ex crew is the best attention hogger ever. i prefer ex crew over stairs to code.

Attention hog..? The level names don't consist of "PLAY THIS LEVEL EX CRUE"..

#63 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Who said anything about stairs?

2YTqz.png

#64 Before February 2015

MIHB

EE_Scythe wrote:
Brawler700 wrote:

Attention hog..? The level names don't consist of "PLAY THIS LEVEL EX CRUE"..

In all fairness, I set the name for my pinball levels to "magic coin pinball" a lot of the time.

I really believe there is a large subset of players that go only to levels with crap names.

#65 Before February 2015

BEE

TakoMan02 wrote:
BEE wrote:

Hogging the attention of other minor crews.

I think the word recognition and achievement are being confused for the word attention. They are very separate things.

#66 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Recognition and achievement create attention, no? It's the best way to get attention, achieve.

#67 Before February 2015

MIHB

Yeah, thats why I build.   I'm an attention ****.

#68 Before February 2015

Chimi

I KNEW IT!
And they deserve a lot of the attention they get.

#69 Before February 2015

mustang

The first post has been edited with the following update. You can read the first post by clicking HERE.

Latest News (5/19/2011): Shift continues to be updated with new maps and an improved bot that can now run basically on auto pilot. There are currently around 115 rooms and growing in the Shift database, so make sure to visit the map frequently to see the latest additions. We have also added the first batch of fan submissions, but we have plenty of room for more so continue to submit your levels.

Congrats to the following players who had their rooms added to Shift:

Bee
BillyP
Bliske
Cthulhu
D-rock2308
Deadlord
EEGuy
Rhythm (Ryan)
StormWind

We ask that anyone who already had a room added to Shift to refrain from submitting new ones to allow others to have a chance. If you already made a submission but were not accepted, you may try again with a new room. Please remember to post all submissions HERE.

#70 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Lol I don't think it will be hard to figure out BEE's room.

#71 Before February 2015

Nou

TakoMan02 wrote:

Lol I don't think it will be hard to figure out BEE's room.

You'd be surprised //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

No u.

#72 Before February 2015

BEE

Wait which one did you add? My epic win stairs? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

And Tako, if someone works hard to achieve something that gets them attention, its a good thing, not a bad thing. If other people want to achieve more than the first group they need to work harder.

For example, I worked hard on my art, taking days, if not weeks to get it right. And thats not even counting the years Ive put into studying art.

Its not that others CAN'T create art like mine (excluding extreme circumstances, like being blind etc) they just haven't put as much effort into it. Effort not only includes current effort, but also cumulative.

Are you, by chance, into communism Tako? Your dislike of working to achieve notoriety tends toward anti-capitalistic views.

I feel bad for spamming this thread about it. Perhaps you should make a new one Tako?

#73 Before February 2015

MIHB

BEE wrote:

Are you, by chance, into communism Tako? Your dislike of working to achieve notoriety tends toward anti-capitalistic views.

Oh snap.

#74 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

BEE wrote:

Wait which one did you add? My epic win stairs? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
And Tako, if someone works hard to achieve something that gets them attention, its a good thing, not a bad thing. If other people want to achieve more than the first group they need to work harder.

I'm not saying their popularity is a bad thing at all. It's very good, for them. Achievement and popularity are very good qualities, and I look up to them for that.
My point is: is their popularity so magnified that other crews seem smaller in popularity? If so, then yes it is a small problem, because these lesser-then-EX crews (I'm sure) don't like to feel unpopular.

BEE wrote:

For example, I worked hard on my art, taking days, if not weeks to get it right. And thats not even counting the years Ive put into studying art.
Its not that others CAN'T create art like mine (excluding extreme circumstances, like being blind etc) they just haven't put as much effort into it. Effort not only includes current effort, but also cumulative.

Going back to what I was saying before, of course it's possible to catch up to EX. Effort, is indeed, the solution to any popularity problems people have here. I wasn't really looking for a solution to the problem, rather people's opinion whether or not it WAS a problem.

BEE wrote:

My dislike of working to achieve notoriety tends toward anti-capitalistic views...

I dislike working to achieve notoriety? Quite the opposite. If I'm bored at school I'll go looking for work. As far as Elite Team goes, we'll make the best levels we can, and if that doesn't satisfy the public we'll try harder. I'm not one to take shortcuts in order to achieve notoriety.

And, no, I do not support or enjoy learning about communism...

BEE wrote:

I feel bad for spamming this thread about it. Perhaps you should make a new one Tako?

I promised myself to not make this a discussion, but it became one anyway.

Mustang, MIHB, and Nou have read the posts, and they don't have a problem with it so far. I'm fairly certain they still know how to type the words "Please stop," so I will continue to answer questions until they say this.

It is, to no extent, off-topic, so I do not consider it spam. Actually, reading the post above this one, MIHB is somewhat supporting this debate. (It's not like we're getting in the way of anyone, either)

Last edited by Tako (May 20 2011 4:04:03 pm)

#75 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

mustang 1423840990120442

Board footer