Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-11 22:12:25, last edited by Slabdrill (2019-06-19 21:56:40)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Mafia 25

Welcome to Mafia 25! There’s no plot or theme (Random flavor though? Why not?), just get playing.
Fair warning if you didn’t get it earlier; this is a bastard setup.
If you need me to see your day action quickly, DM me (slabdrill#7381) on discord. You will get a response more quickly than a forum PM. Please use the provided PMs for night actions though.

Please read this, it’s important! wrote:

All normal forum rules apply, though as editing is disabled feel free to doublepost if needed.
You may not post in #FFB7C2. All other colors are allowed.
No talking about the game outside of the thread, quicktopics received from the game, and private DMs with me.
Dead players will not receive setup info. There is a private deadchat though.
Days will last 72 hours, and nights 24. Extensions (or shortenings) will be given as I see necessary.
After a majority is reached, you may still post until I lock the thread. No day actions can be used, and the person who is lynched is not allowed to post. If you’re not sure if you’re lynched or not, assume you are. Twilight will last until 24 hours after the day’s start.
All people have the ability to visit someone in the night, if you are not using another night action.
If your role PM has information below the win conditions, it is not part of the rolecard.
There’s no preset format for votes or commands. Write it how you think I’ll understand. Note that this means I’ll be treating fake votes like real ones. You can also be as weirdly conditional about it as you want as long as it makes sense to me (I’ll tell you if I don’t understand) (you should mainly use this as a method to do things if you’re inactive or want something specifically timed).
I make mistakes sometimes! But if you’re wondering about something, it’s probably a role ability.
Night 0 doesn’t count as a night for role abilities unless otherwise specified.
The win system is based off points. Some points come from alignment (though some roles may have values changed), while some come from the actual role. Format is [points] task. x in the points means it can be counted multiple times. Grey elements may not be shown with a rolecard reveal, depending on the situation. Points will be ranked (highest points wins) at the end, so do your best to sabotage everyone that isn’t you.
No copypasting (or sending a screenshot with, etc) something that was sent privately via quicktopic or PM.
During and after Day 3, a majority vote for ending the game will make it happen. The game will also end if only one player is left alive, or if there is a complete stalemate.
If you know of any other common mafia rules (eg. no provable randomness, no gamethrowing), please follow them. I’m too lazy to figure out if I forgot anything important. If you're not sure, ask me.

N2 ends 24 hours from the time this post was edited.

Players:
1. Crybaby
2. Onjit
3. NorwegianboyEE
4. TaskManager
5. peace
6. Mutantdevle
7. Railmat
8. 2B55B5G TNG
9. mrjawapa
10. Kirby
11. Lukas504
12. ASDruska
13. LORD MASTER KING
14. MWStudios
15. AllenCaspe9510
16. ILikeTofuuJoe
17. EEJoranasc
18. Schlog
19. Raprap

suddenly random sig change

#2 2019-06-15 20:03:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 25

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

How Peace? I thought it was established by now that day 1 is purely **** time until night 1 passes so we can actually begin the detective work.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

There’s no useful information in day 1, you either lynch a random person or just !endday

Oof. 2 wrong posts in a row.

Why do you think peace is so eager for us to stop ****? What do you think that might say about his alignment?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2019-06-15 20:21:59

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I believe Luka's claim to be honest.

Slabdrill's post about the mafia not being able to vote was obviously the work of some kind of role that can use the mod to make posts. Even if you're not excessively familiar with mafia and hence wouldn't have come across that kind of role before, it should have been evident from the fact he didn't use his mod colour in the post. So I do find trying to prove innocence from the announcement kinda suspect.

Luka if I was you I would have waited a decent while longer to make that claim. You've now sacrificed the chance to figure out who the mafia aren't by seeing who they mention in the PT (eg, at night when discussing who to kill). Alternatively, after figuring out who one of the mafia are then trying to figure out who the others are by how they act in the thread. But oh well, expose 1 mafia is still pretty good.

My advice to you now Luka would be to try and look through people's posts on the forums in general to see if you can figure out who any of the other members are. Also, start talking to the mafia in their chat by using that impersonation ability. Trick them, confuse them, make them not want to use the chat. Any of those would be useful. Assuming the mafia would still want to use their chat through the rest of the game, they'll certainly be killing Luka tonight. So protectives know what to do here. Additionally, if we have any roles that can communicate with someone during the night then using that to get Luka's last words and reports of what the mafia are saying during the night will also be beneficial.

Just some questions Luka. First of all, how many posts are currently in the mafia chat? I assume all of them have spoken at least once? If so, then that means we can rule out people with distinct ways of writing like peace and railmat.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2019-06-15 20:22:41

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

RailMat wrote:

I am a town member. What can I do. Anything.  I can't kill somebody.

To clarify, are you claiming vanilla townie?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2019-06-15 20:48:01, last edited by Tomahawk (2019-06-17 16:21:34)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

RailMat wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
RailMat wrote:

I am a town member. What can I do. Anything.  I can't kill somebody.

To clarify, are you claiming vanilla townie?

Yes I am

Slabdrill wrote:

this is a role madness game where everyone has a weird power role

@Luka, based on what the mafia have been saying, is it likely that railmat could be a mafia member? He does also have a fairly distinct typing pattern.

MODMERGE:

LORD MASTER KING wrote:

You guys are trying way too hard on Day 1, while i'm sitting here drinking my Earl Grey tea with some butter biscuits. A pleasure.

EEJoranasc wrote:

Thats just day 1, so it's still early to claim or lynch imo. I'm gonna see next day. O cmon me being killed first? That's sad

Why do you guys not want us utilising day 1? Do you have something to gain from us not getting anything done?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2019-06-15 22:33:28

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Especially since Luka said they could talk before the game started. Current thread activity wouldn't really be anything to rely on.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2019-06-15 23:40:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

If I was a day vig I would have shot norwegianboy by now. I have 0 reason to doubt Luka.

Sure, it is theoretically possible he could be making this all up. But I don't believe he is considering how elaborate that lie would be and how little it would actually achieve. I've not even seen a lie of that scale on mafiascum.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2019-06-16 14:58:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

Anyways, this sounds like it'd be more beneficial for the Mafia than any of us.

The announcement sounds like an Innocent Child to me. I'm sure asdruska will be able to confirm that.

The skipping of the day thing does indeed mean 2 night phases in a row. I presume it's a factor of the role that encourages the player to activate their ability sooner rather than later but it also wouldn't surprise me if there was some way the ability could be externally activated. Eg. a redirected lynch.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#9 2019-06-17 18:40:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I have some thoughts that I want to give but I'm going to wait until Luka makes his post.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#10 2019-06-17 19:28:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

These are the people left over:

[...]
Raprap

Slabdrill wrote:

RapRap has been removed from the game. Please, do not spoil the fun for everyone.

Raprap stopped posting after this message. So either Raprap took this seriously OR raprap is behind the yellow text. Unless there's something I'm missing about Raprap (which I think I am since you didn't label him as too inexperienced) I wouldn't have thought that he was mafia.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#11 2019-06-17 19:29:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

LORD MASTER KING wrote:

Lame, wanted to drag this as much as I could.

I'm Modposter

All the yellow text you have seen posted by Slab were my words.

PS: Raprap hasn't been removed from the game.

Oh, ignore my above post then.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#12 2019-06-17 19:34:28

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

That's very sus of you kira.

But we know that the yellow text doesn't come from mafia because that's not part of the roles they mentioned in your chat.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#13 2019-06-18 15:15:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

i think mutant was supposed to make a post?

Nah, I don't really have anything to say anymore. Too much has happened since then.

!vote kirby.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#14 2019-06-18 16:35:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Just a reminder that you lose 20 points for each non-town player at the end --> cult members are non-town members, the more there are, the more points you will lose at the end.

RailMat has admitted to being a cult leader, hence we should lynch him before he can spread too much

and then we take out 2B, because he is also a cult member

Also, not everyone lose 20 points, for me it’s 15 points (in my previous town role)

Which raises the question why Onjit said 20? 20 is the value for what mafia members lose for every non-mafia member left alive. Could this be a little mafia slip from Onjit?

Luka504 wrote:

Oh, Onjit is too BTW. He's proven to me that through his night action.

How?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#15 2019-06-18 16:37:11

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Onjit wrote:

I think RailMat is a better target to begin with

RailMat wrote:

Time for my roleclaim

I am the cult recruiter. I am alignment with the cult

I have no day action. My night action is not to kill.

since it seems like he's the one who creates more cult members - if we eliminate him now, it'll be easier to remove the cult later

I have doubts about there being some role that can reverse the cult - although with this game, anything's possible

If 2B55 wasn't claiming to be a cult member, then I'd personally suspect that Railmat was a jester.

2B55 are you really a cult member and if so then who are the other members of your cult?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2019-06-18 16:41:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I am a cult member, but I don’t know who are the other members.

Huh. That's not usually how cults work.

I'm currently questioning why the cult would be so open about being a cult. This is literally the equivalent to the mafia just all claiming for literally no reason.

This is beginning to sound to me like a poorly executed Mime plan.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#17 2019-06-18 19:47:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

1. then why did mutant think hes mafia then mutant seemed to forgot it aswell?

Because although the mafia values have been revealed the town ones have not. So if Onjit was mafia he could assume that the values are the same hence the 'slip'. I don't think Onjit is mafia tbh it was just something that I felt like raising just incase.

peace wrote:

this means if scholog is town kirby shoudl be town aswell as i dont see why kirby shoudl be elft alive if hes not town?

It doesn't mean anything. It could be another bastard mechanic.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#18 2019-06-18 23:09:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I count that there were 8 votes on Kirby in total. 7 now that crybaby unvoted (I think).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#19 2019-06-18 23:28:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Less than 24 I think.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#20 2019-06-19 09:25:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

!unvote

!lynch Railmat

You want to lynch Railmat despite the fact that if we do that then we have to lynch you too?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#21 2019-06-19 09:44:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

When Railmat dies your alignment becomes locked as cult. And no, he’s not the one who can uncult you.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#22 2019-06-19 10:02:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Then what role can uncult?

Any role that has the ability to uncult.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#23 2019-06-19 16:57:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

RailMat wrote:

After 3 nights you will automatically back to your own alignment, when I am still living. mutantdevle will return to his original alignment in night 3, 2B55B5G in night 4.

And with this post I officially give up.

Railmat, what is actually wrong with you? You've been game throwing literally the entire game. Like fair enough you might not like your role and not want to play as it but why drag me and 2B55 down with you? If you were just going to claim then why convert anyone to a cult at all? This cult is quite clearly devoted to Anatoly since it likes exposing its own alignment so much.

When I got a PM at the start of day 1 that I had been converted to a cult I asked Slabdrill if there was a cult PT or if I at least got to know the identity of my fellow cult members. He said no to both and questioned why I'd get such information when cults are so powerful. Well how the cult has played out it exactly why you give people more information than just their alignment changed. Because the recruiter is a moron and 2B55 not actually knowing what a cult is lead him to almost instantly claim.

I started the game as a third party. My role is a 'backup'. I have the ability to choose to take on the role and alignment of any dead person. However, Slabdrill told me that being in a cult overrides my alignment. Eg. If I took on Norweiganboy's role, I would have gained his abilities (including access to the second mafia PT) whilst still being a cult member.

I was going to try and fight the sinking ship that was my faction members claiming for no good reason. Initially I was trying to play Railmat off as a jester so that people would avoid lynching him but that was ruined by 2B55 claiming as well. So from there I had a whole plan worked out: Luka and I share a neighbourhood PT and I asked him to invite 2B55 to it. In that PT I was going to claim that my role revolves around curing people of being in a cult. My abilities would include a roleblock ability that targets 1 person to prevents any recruitments used by or targetting them, an ability that I unlock on day 3 that allows me to cure people of being in a cult, and also mention that I could gain points for 'each' cult recruiter that dies - implying multiple cult recruiters. I was going to use that fake claim to assure Luka that I can prevent Railmat from recruiting more people whilst 'theorising' to him that the points thing in my role PM must mean that the recruiter role is passed to a new cult member when they die. This would have hopefully have convinced him that we need to keep Railmat alive until 2B55 was cured.

2B55 would then see my claim when he joins the PT and have no reason not to believe it. Since I claimed I don't unlock my cult curing ability until night 3, that gives me a reason for 2B55 to not be cured after tonight. Despite that, I'd instruct 2B55 to claim that he had been cured anyway with me and Luka being the only ones knowing that he is lying. That way, people wouldn't want to kill him anymore. The plan could go 2 ways from there. If Railmat was lynched the next day then 2B55 would be safe (as long as Luka agreed to keep him alive as "1 cult member isn't really any harm") whilst a third mystery cult member would exist. Alternatively, Luka and I may have convinced y'all to keep Railmat alive one more day which is even more of a win. Either way, I'd hope that by the end of night 4 Luka would either have been converted to the cult or he'd be dead (possibly through using my role to join the mafia and direct the night kill onto him as much as possible). That way, I could finally tell 2B55 that we're cult buddies. Luka being cult too = ultimate win but not necessary. Railmat being alive would also be optimal in that circumstance but again not necessary. The point being that there'd be at least 3 cult members alive with at least 2 sharing a PT.

Now, if Luka wasn't dead or culted by then, I think I'd still just tell 2B55 that I'm cult too and that I can't cure him. From there Luka would have the option to claim that which would lead to me claiming that Luka was the one to get culted and that he's trying to drag me down hence initiating a 1v1 between me and him. I'd never have fake claimed publically (claiming to Luka my reason for not doing so is that a hopeless mafia would have no reason to not want the cult to occupy the focus of the town) so everything about keeping Railmat alive would have come from Luka and blindly trusted by the town because as far as y'all are concerned he is confirmed town and has no reason to lie. So I'd fancy my chances of winning the 1v1 if it came to that. But there's obviously still a chance I could die. And this is where my role gives me a huge advantage. My role explicitly states that when I die my original role card is what is revealed. That means it would not show that I was part of a cult. The 1v1 would more than likely result in us both dying, neither of us flipping cult. I'd hope the confusion of that would spare 2B55's life (especially since there should be at least 1 other cult member out there) but even if it doesn't then at least I'd have fun acting out a cool plan that did the best to play to my new win condition.

Even if my plan didn't work in any way then at least it would have been fun to try.

But then this post happened:

RailMat wrote:

After 3 nights you will automatically back to your own alignment, when I am still living. mutantdevle will return to his original alignment in night 3, 2B55B5G in night 4.

Honestly, if the only thing in this post was that I'm cult too I think I'd have tried to fight it by claiming that Railmat is lying. But the real nail in the coffin for me was that, apparently, I get kicked out of being cult on night 3? Are you **** kidding me Slabdrill? Right, I understand this is a bastard game. But I didn't realise by 'bastard' you meant 'unfun'. What on Earth was your thought process behind that? I can understand why you didn't want us knowing each other's identities now. A cap on the number of people in a cult at one time is quite standard for cults but kicking us out the cult again just ruins the game for anyone that gets culted. Cults are bastard in that they change your alignment unfairly in the middle of the game, but sending us back again is some kind of a next level bastard mechanic.

You had a few good ideas in this game Slabdrill but they've been poorly executed and I personally blame the number of players and different ideas you tried to pile into 1 game.

There's not really anything I can do in the situation that I'm in so I doubt I'm going to play anymore, except maybe to make a few posts/votes here and there.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#24 2019-06-19 21:43:50

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

!lynch peace

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

TaskManager1561053808753327

Board footer