Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-25 14:10:44

Nexus221
Website

World Level

ok so this is for eeu ok

World Level is a system which allows you to save your progress in a game. this will probably be game-changing and will be the foundation of new possibilities of how world creators can improve game progression.

I think that progression is one of the most important things in a sandbox game. to give players an incentive to return to the game, there should be some kind of sense of progression that can be built upon over time.

So let's get into what world level is.

World Level

World level is simply a "Level" bar, in order to level up, you need to gain XP. In order to gain XP, you need to collect the special coin which will give you XP. There could be a maximum amount of world level (set by world owner). And he can set, how much XP it is needed to level up. World Levels can be used for a lot of things, to save progress in the world, to receive rewards, or can be used as a requirement to continue progressing in the world.

World level has its own gate, door, and coin (XP). Gate closes if the player has X* World level. The door opens when the player has X* World level. And the coin itself gives the XP in order to increase your world level.

*X - Customizable variable, can be set by people with edit access.

World Levels are saved and leaving a world and coming back some other day won't reset your World Level. World Levels are bound to each individual world. Having unlocked World Level 2 in one game will not unlock it in another game.

World owners are able to add an XP Coin around the world. These coins are used to unlock World Levels.
World Level 2 costs X amount of XP Coins, and to unlock it the player would have to collect the corresponding amount of XP Coins.

World Highscore

Additionally, to the World Level, there is a World Highscore. Its a highscore list, the total amount of XP Coins picked by each individual player across play sessions is stored and tracked. Players are now able to compare their World Highscores with each other, and battle with each other for the highest score. World Highscores are specific to each individual game and is stored across sessions.

#2 2019-05-25 19:23:07

peace

Re: World Level

tbh what if there is a tutorial with some free xp and you keep rejoinign to get taht easy xp coin? nice idea though

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2019-05-25 20:38:45

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

tbh what if there is a tutorial with some free xp and you keep rejoinign to get taht easy xp coin? nice idea though

I guess it'll just be shown as 'obtained' or whatever

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:

#4 2019-05-26 07:10:32

Nexus221
Website

mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

The XP coins will regenerate, but what's the point in getting XP coins in the tutorial if it's not for that, its for other worlds, made by players themselves, and even if you get the XP coins in the tutorial, what's the point? it won't increase your energy nor give you gems, it will just be a world-saving function if it is in campaigns. Even if you don't want that, you can disable the feature of World Level.

#5 2019-05-26 09:38:43

peace

Nexus221 wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

The XP coins will regenerate, but what's the point in getting XP coins in the tutorial if it's not for that, its for other worlds, made by players themselves, and even if you get the XP coins in the tutorial, what's the point? it won't increase your energy nor give you gems, it will just be a world-saving function if it is in campaigns. Even if you don't want that, you can disable the feature of World Level.

what i mean is if oyou have a story level and you can gain exp coisn across the world and worl downer decides to ptu a little tutorial explaining th emechanics and that tutorial is obv too easy and what if he decided to give you a little free epx and you keep rejoining?

peace.png

#6 2019-05-26 16:06:41

Nexus221
Website

peace wrote:
Nexus221 wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

what i mean is if oyou have a story level and you can gain exp coisn across the world and worl downer decides to ptu a little tutorial explaining th emechanics and that tutorial is obv too easy and what if he decided to give you a little free epx and you keep rejoining?

Then simply dont place xp coins in the obvious place for people, its owner's fault that they will get world levels faster, if it is abused, the owner of the world can reset world highscore and xp coins gotten by player(s)

#7 2019-05-26 18:11:42

peace

Nexus221 wrote:
peace wrote:
Nexus221 wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

Then simply dont place xp coins in the obvious place for people, its owner's fault that they will get world levels faster, if it is abused, the owner of the world can reset world highscore and xp coins gotten by player(s)

maby there hsoould be diffrent exp coins one that can be obtained X times (in tutorial spots) and one that can be obtained an infinty times er this can be just 1 coin wiht a number where x is infinty (-1 like inf jump)

peace.png

Wooted by:

#8 2019-05-26 22:47:08

Koya
Fabulous Member

Surely XP level would correlate to level progress so you can just use coins as normal rather than needing a new feature, if you need more then you can add some switch logic

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#9 2019-05-26 23:34:55

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

LukeM gave a good reason why this wouldn't be added on my similar suggestion you can find here.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:
Slabdrill1558910095751180

Board footer