Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-06 19:40:31, last edited by RailMat (2019-05-23 17:18:09)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Mafia 24 [Crybaby wins]

Welcome to Mafia 24.

Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

The winner:
11. Crybaby Role: Serial killer.

Graveyard:
Anatoly - replaced per request. Role ???
GreenyMix - replaced for being inactive. Role???
TaskManager - Shot N1. Role: vigilante
Luka504 - replaced per request. Role ???
NorwegianboyEE: Shot N2. Role: seer
ILikeTofuuJoe: Modkilled D3. Role: doctor
peace: Lynched D3. Role: townie
Zumza: shot N3. Role: townie
mutantdevle: killed N3. Role: classic cop
Different55: lynched D4. Role: role cop
Onjit: shot N4. Role: townie
mrjawapa: Lynched D5. Role: townie
2B55B5G TNG: Killed N5 Role: goon
Slabdrill: Lynched D6. Role: roleblocker
Kirby: killed N6. Role: townie

Known rolecards:

Vigilante
Seer
Doctor
Townie
classic cop
Role cop
Goon
Serial killer
Roleblocker

Wooted by:

#2 2019-05-08 23:02:37

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mafia 24 [Crybaby wins]

o no

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2019-05-09 00:12:48

Different55
Forum Admin

What would be the point in ending the day early? Was no way we could have known it'd come to this. It happens sometimes.

- ShinsukeIto

#4 2019-05-10 19:53:25

Different55
Forum Admin

how's that math work out?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2019-05-10 21:33:43

Different55
Forum Admin

How about we lynch Luka? Instead of actually going after maf, it seems like his strategy has been trying to lynch unliked people who are most likely town. Sounds like a scummy tactic to

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#6 2019-05-10 21:33:56

Different55
Forum Admin

me idk

- ShinsukeIto

#7 2019-05-11 04:54:54

Different55
Forum Admin

Luka504 wrote:

Diff do you genuinely perceive Anatoly and Peace as "most likely town"?

Do you have any reason to actually suspect they're maf or are you just going after them because you're unlikely to meet opposition, netting you a free townie lynch?

- ShinsukeIto

#8 2019-05-11 16:17:30

Different55
Forum Admin

Hey hi I don't actually think Luka is scum (well actually maybe), I'm not a cop. But I think lynching statistically-likely-to-be-townies just because they're not the best players is a dumb tactic. Even if you do get rid of low quality players, the chance of any of them being mafia isn't higher than any other randomly chosen player. We should be looking at people's actual behavior to find scum, not killing off random players because we don't like them regardless of their actual role.

And since peace has said they were protected last night, I think we should really be focusing on figuring that out. That's a super valuable bit of info. In a lot of games, night actions only return info to the user. We now have a chunk of valuable info about the mafia and doc/roleblock/whatever role without endangering the doc. We should take advantage of that.

Since only one person died last night, it seems like somebody tried and failed to kill peace. Doc should absolutely stay silent and we should probably be looking at who would want to kill peace. Actually agreeing with Luka for a moment, peace isn't the most skilled player so if maf tried to take them out, it was probably for personal rather than strategic reasons. Which actually points me back in the direction of Luka again since he seems to love to make things personal (unless faking personal reasons was a strategic move to point us exactly in that direction).

Sorry I haven't been active, been busy with graduation stuff for sis so it's been hard to do much more than lurk. After today (IRL day, not in-game day) things should be back to normal for me.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2019-05-12 03:13:25

Different55
Forum Admin

Uhh no thoughts currently on this bandwagon, want to do some more reading. But as I was reading through, devle, you mentioned the possibility that SK went after peace? I thought the SK was unstoppable at night. They may not kill the intended target but they will kill *someone*, right? Whoever tries to protect the intended target at least.

- ShinsukeIto

#10 2019-05-12 14:10:44

Different55
Forum Admin

Hey guys it's me again. I don't have any particular specific reason I can point to (and I'd like to reiterate that I am NOT a cop, this is NOT a stupid way of revealing a night investigation, do NOT take this with anything less than a truckload of salt because everything contained inside should be taken at face value) but I have a feeling that Luka *might* maybe be SK just based on what he's said about the SK in their posts. I'm like half asleep and reading on a phone rn but I gotta feeling about it.

- ShinsukeIto

#11 2019-05-13 00:27:50

Different55
Forum Admin

mutantdevle wrote:

I can understand the point of view that me and Kirby could be a team, but I don't think Diff should be dragged into it.

Yeah I'm independently stupid and can get myself lynched without any help tyvm.

- ShinsukeIto

#12 2019-05-13 00:56:26

Different55
Forum Admin

mutantdevle wrote:
Kirby wrote:

!lynch Luka504

Kirby I have an important question, do you think Luka is mafia or the SK?

also I know I already said this but I lean SK where Luka's considered.

mutantdevle wrote:

Hey diff, since you're here, could you elaborate on why you think Luka is the SK?

Hopefully when I get off work, ye. But like you just said, I don't think he's either maf or SK, he's either town or SK. Nothing he's said gave me scummy vibes, just homicidal maniac vibes.

- ShinsukeIto

#13 2019-05-13 00:57:00

Different55
Forum Admin

Oh yeah how much time do we have? l

- ShinsukeIto

#14 2019-05-13 00:58:21

Different55
Forum Admin

Kindly disregard the first half of that first post. It was a draft from much earlier in the day, I didn't realize it was still in my text box when I wrote the second half. I think I'm gonna stop playing from my phone.

- ShinsukeIto

#15 2019-05-14 16:05:29

Different55
Forum Admin

Did anybody get a protected message like peace last night? Did it mention whether or not you were also attacked?

Also Onjit's basically confirmed town in my eyes now.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (5)

#16 2019-05-14 17:44:47

Different55
Forum Admin

Crybaby wrote:

I'm gonna read the backlog for myself in a bit while I get situated into bed.

Today's the first day in a week and a half that I've gotten out of bed. I've been really sick the past few weeks and it's crippled the amount of time I could devote to real life things, and for a while I thought I wouldn't be able to commit myself to this game, which is why I didn't sign up in its initial stages.

Meanwhile, would someone catch me up to speed please?

We got a mafia and we got an independent serial killer. Up until last night I thought both could and would kill each night but we've had 2 nights and only a single kill on both nights. And we've lost basically our two most powerful roles, the vigilante and the seer.

D1 peace got a message saying that he had been protected, it didn't mention whether or not he had been protected from anything in particular but since only one person died that night I thought hey maybe the doc got a lucky shot.

Although since there's also been only one kill last night, I'm kinda curious. Did the doc get lucky again? We haven't had any reports of docmessages but it's still fairly early in the day. Or is there something wrong with one of the scum factions? Has anyone been particularly absent through the game?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#17 2019-05-14 17:45:24

Different55
Forum Admin

Sorry not D1, D2 in the morning after N1.

- ShinsukeIto

#18 2019-05-14 20:33:00

Different55
Forum Admin

You know with all the switching going on with the Luka/Crybaby/??? slot I wouldn't be surprised if it forgot to pick a night action. And there was only one kill again last night. I don't want to push this too hard since I mean it did start out as just a vague impression but like. We got a missing kill and a role going through rapid swaps.

- ShinsukeIto

#19 2019-05-14 23:12:40

Different55
Forum Admin

mrjawapa wrote:

The doctor has been super lucky - Will someone get a notice of being protected if they are not attacked... or do we know that?

mutantdevle wrote:

Through PM, I asked the mod if the message I received meant I had been attacked. The response basically gives us 3 pieces of information.
> No.
> You receive the message to tell you that you can't 'receive the death message'
> If someone tries to kill you, THEY are told through PM that their kill failed.

- ShinsukeIto

#20 2019-05-15 01:38:27

Different55
Forum Admin

mrjawapa wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

and the sk is immune to rb

really? If so, that's dumb.

yeah if you try to block the serial killer you get dead instead of the intended target. I guess healing doesn't count as blocking so the doc's still useful against him

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#21 2019-05-15 19:37:06

Different55
Forum Admin

mutantdevle wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

...and mutantdevle said he got rb'd last night

I'm not 100% certain about this. For all I know, the mafia could have not roleblocked me and I actually investigated the SK. But I'm going to just assume I was roleblocked as it's the more likely explanation.

I would say who I checked so that, if the mafia didn't roleblock me, they could learn the identity of the SK. However, I don't see what they could do with that information that would help us in any way and I'd rather leave the mafia in the dark about what kind of people I'm looking to investigate.

Does the Serial Killer have an ability that makes them show up as nothing? Does "nothing" not mean powerless townie?

- ShinsukeIto

#22 2019-05-15 19:42:32

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:

It is not okay to derail the discussion and develop on what peace did, and it is also not ok to close the eyes on this in my opinion.

Peace cannot answer clearly even a simple basic question as whether they were attacker N1 or not, which makes me regret not lynching them before.

mrjawapa wrote:

I think zumza reacted the way he did, because of the suspicion they are both mafia. If peace was mod killed, it would reveal he's mafia, and we'd all think zumza is innocent.

We have a saying here, "the sinner truth tells". Why say this when you suspect peace as well?
If peace will be mod killed, it would reveal he's mafia, and we'd all think mrjawapa is innocent, under the same logic, no?

I still think that the theory of SK killing TaskManager, and the Mafia attacking the SK in N1 is most plausible.
Thus Diff, Jawapa are pushing the focus to the SK in detrimental to the mafia, as the only way to kill the SK is by lynch.
This also explains why Luka pushed so much against peace, as they knew they weren't attacked.
So that'd be mrjawapa, diff, peace
I might be extremely wrong, but this story could fall pretty well under our events.

lol literally what are you on about? I'm hesitant to "defend" peace since you've just placed us both on your redlist but.I think you're absolutely insane so I don't care too much about confirming any of your worries.

He can't answer because *he doesn't know*. Nobody does. Devle said just a page or two ago that Railmat told him that the "You have been protected message" doesn't mean "you have been murdered." "You have been protected" only means that you *can't* receive the "You have been murdered" message. Seriously have you not been paying attention at all this game? You're acting seriously erratic.

- ShinsukeIto

#23 2019-05-15 19:45:03

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:

Also mrjawapa, what's with this Kirby obsession? Do you believe they are town or not, in the end?

They have to be town. Devle has roleclaimed as the cop. Nobody has counter claimed, so we can safely assume that they are actually the cop. And Devle reports Kirby as a townie. So we can safely asssume that they are actually a townie.

- ShinsukeIto

#24 2019-05-15 19:55:49

Different55
Forum Admin

Ah gotcha. Well that's kinda stupid, I figured you would at least get an "indie" alignment option in there. Or maybe just a "You have been blocked" message.

- ShinsukeIto

#25 2019-05-15 20:04:08

Different55
Forum Admin

Different55 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

It is not okay to derail the discussion and develop on what peace did, and it is also not ok to close the eyes on this in my opinion.

Peace cannot answer clearly even a simple basic question as whether they were attacker N1 or not, which makes me regret not lynching them before.

mrjawapa wrote:

I think zumza reacted the way he did, because of the suspicion they are both mafia. If peace was mod killed, it would reveal he's mafia, and we'd all think zumza is innocent.

We have a saying here, "the sinner truth tells". Why say this when you suspect peace as well?
If peace will be mod killed, it would reveal he's mafia, and we'd all think mrjawapa is innocent, under the same logic, no?

I still think that the theory of SK killing TaskManager, and the Mafia attacking the SK in N1 is most plausible.
Thus Diff, Jawapa are pushing the focus to the SK in detrimental to the mafia, as the only way to kill the SK is by lynch.
This also explains why Luka pushed so much against peace, as they knew they weren't attacked.
So that'd be mrjawapa, diff, peace
I might be extremely wrong, but this story could fall pretty well under our events.

lol literally what are you on about? I'm hesitant to "defend" peace since you've just placed us both on your redlist but.I think you're absolutely insane so I don't care too much about confirming any of your worries.

He can't answer because *he doesn't know*. Nobody does. Devle said just a page or two ago that Railmat told him that the "You have been protected message" doesn't mean "you have been murdered." "You have been protected" only means that you *can't* receive the "You have been murdered" message. Seriously have you not been paying attention at all this game? You're acting seriously erratic.

Whoops that explanation doesn't quite make sense anymore. It used to say "attacked" but I thought "murdered" was more dramatic. Anyway, the important part is, you only get to know if you're protected. If you're protected, you will not be told whether or not you were attacked. Only the killer will know that their attack failed. Well maybe the doc knows. I mean they did have to save your life, I feel like they'd probably know whether or not you had actually been shot while doing it but

- ShinsukeIto

peace1558678879751034

Board footer