Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1801 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Re: TI:1

Wezza bro don't argue with tgt, he defies logic //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

And hi

#1802 Before February 2015

Wezza

K. x.

#1803 Before February 2015

Calicara

Ohmigohohmigoshohmigosh

TheGreenTroll is back! We need to have troll fest >:)

(As soon as Doh updates the hacked client...) Muhahahahaha...

Last edited by Calicara (Mar 31 2013 5:15:38 pm)

#1804 Before February 2015

treejoe4

TI:1 needs to restart again for the   funny:cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:o:o

#1805 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I used to hate these people, and I apologize. I know that I used to be a jerk, and that I did wrong. I have no rights to stop you from what you're doing. You can continue trolling, but you don't get code or editing permission,, I've learned my lesson.

#1806 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

I'm denouncing all of you. http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=453578#p453578

TI:1's days are numbered.

#1807 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

It's been going on for almost 3 years now, I doubt anything is going to change now.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#1808 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

3 years just to ruin the fun of the EE community. Wow.

Last edited by theHFnetwork (May 1 2013 4:04:45 pm)

#1809 Before February 2015

Chimi

You think putting our names on a list that says "I don't like these people" really does abso-freaking-lutely nothing. Have fun 'denouncing' 90% of the veterans of this game. Hope you it appears affective to your blind eyes.

#1810 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

theHFnetwork wrote:

I'm denouncing all of you. http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=453578#p453578

WOOO!

ITS THE DENOUNCING!

OH WAIT,

YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT TROLLS

LOLOLOLOLOL

#1811 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Kingpooultra wrote:
theHFnetwork wrote:

WOOO!

ITS THE DENOUNCING!

OH WAIT,

LOLOLOLOLOL

Yes I can. You've been ruining the experience of EE players for 3 years.

#1812 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

No you can't. It's been 3 years, and nothing's changed. Trolling isn't against the rules, and no troll has ever been banned. What makes you think everyone who's ever trolled in the name of TI:1 is going to be banned?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#1813 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

dude we're going to be banned because of him so go easy on him

5671.jpg

#1814 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

theHFnetwork wrote:
Kingpooultra wrote:
theHFnetwork wrote:

WOOO!

ITS THE DENOUNCING!

OH WAIT,

LOLOLOLOLOL

Yes I can. You've been ruining the experience of EE players for 3 years.

pls ban me

i am sowwy

i wuz bade boi

#1815 Before February 2015

Chimi

Here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here are some failed attempts at stopping trolling. Some of them are just like yours and some are actually put together much better, such as the last one. NONE OF THEM WORKED. There are still trolls everywhere as is evident. Don't think you somehow have a better idea than any of these attempts.

Last edited by Chimi (Apr 30 2013 9:47:15 pm)

#1816 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Wezza wrote:
TheGreenTroll wrote:
Wezza wrote:

The whole concept of "let's destroy all nub levels" and "get the noobs off EE" is kinda.. lame.
Respecting other people, same as respecting someone stuff is something you learn at elementary school.
But clearly non of you learned this. Start treating people as you want to be treated.
"BUT THEY SCK AT MAKING MAPS!", so what? Make a good one yourself or don't complain.

I'm not posting this to start a discussion, since I barely read any of the forums.
But as you guys see this as "contributing" to the community you should really start thinking about what you actually do to the community.
People have been quiting for over 2 years due to trollers, the community wants that? NO.
"Noobs" can also grow their skills, if you know it better start teaching them the roots.

Everybody Edits.

If "Everybody Edits" wanted everyone to be able to edit a world, the edit-key would not have been introduced. Just wanted to state this, no point of talking or debating with someone with a dysfunctional brain and common sense in playing and interaction in sand-box games.

"'Noobs' can also grow their skills, if you know it better start teaching them the roots." Sometimes people doesn't understand the simple cycle: Noob>Pro.

"If 'Everybody Edits' wanted everyone to be able to edit a world, the edit-key would not have been introduced." The original EE was just like that, just a simple sandbox. But when it comes to locked worlds, not having an edit-key would prevent someone from helping you develop levels.

Maybe MrShoe should remove the edit-key function. Let's see what happens.

#1817 Before February 2015

Calicara

theHFnetwork you have to understand though, yes there are people who start at as noobs and go pro ( this I would classify myself in) but you have to consider this.

(Also I might make a video on this.) So when you play EE, or any game for that matter, the first step you take in learning comes mainly through explanation and observation. Tutorials EXPLAIN the purpose of the game, and then you OBSERVE others who seem to already have a handle on the basic concepts.

Then the next logical step is to learn through experience. So in EE you start with your home world, and then maybe the tutorial level, and then after that it's all community generated levels. So I'm going to go into the lobby at the moment I am writing this and talk about the first 3 levels at the top of the lobby:

Kill the zombies: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWCaqo-yEMbEI

Crappy in game art, smiley art, overused concept, little to no mini development, other random art that doesn't fit

Dog gods RPG Nbot: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWqJgsY3NabUI

Crappy in game art, plain background, overused bot (which is very annoying), other unrelated art, limited playability

Magic Magic Magic: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWpnzhLQ70bEI

An entire level filled with coins. No mini concept and very basic art development. Nothing special.

---

So if a new player where to base their idea of a good level off of these three levels which are in the lobby right now, than that user would continue to make more horrible awful levels that are also terrible. Now you might call me a hypocrite, because maybe I'm trying to say my levels are superior? Well like I said before, even if you want to assign your own judgement toward a level, there is still a difference between a good and bad level.

From my perspective trolling is to get rid of the bad, not because we are cruel, or mean, or non empathetic, it is because these bad level maker are getting more and more respect, and when the bar is lowered for level quality then levels will slowly and slowly get more worse. How will people know that their art sucks if no one tells them?

Trolling is like a form of constructive criticism. What do people learn? First off, don't give code, then you won't have troll. Second, make real levels and not crap. If that' not obvious to you, then maybe EE is not the game for you, because all you are doing in contributing to the greater noob community.

#1818 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Troll isn't constructive criticism. It's more like a child's play. Constructive criticism would be something like praising a level's characteristics while criticising others, giving advice most of the times.

"From my perspective trolling is to get rid of the bad, not because we are cruel, or mean, or non empathetic, it is because these bad level maker are getting more and more respect, and when the bar is lowered for level quality then levels will slowly and slowly get more worse. How will people know that their art sucks if no one tells them?" - Don't like a level? Fine. Don't go there. But you don't have to bully the level's creators like that.

The best that we can do is teaching noobs how to make better levels.

#1819 Before February 2015

Koto

theHFnetwork wrote:

Troll isn't constructive criticism. It's more like a child's play. Constructive criticism would be something like praising a level's characteristics while criticising others, giving advice most of the times.

"From my perspective trolling is to get rid of the bad, not because we are cruel, or mean, or non empathetic, it is because these bad level maker are getting more and more respect, and when the bar is lowered for level quality then levels will slowly and slowly get more worse. How will people know that their art sucks if no one tells them?" - Don't like a level? Fine. Don't go there. But you don't have to bully the level's creators like that.

The best that we can do is teaching noobs how to make better levels.

....and you expect everybody to have all the time in the world to teach every bad player to create better maps? Um... no.

#1820 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

@KingOfTheZone And what about external tutorials aside from the basic ones? (e.g. art, shading, etc.)

#1821 Before February 2015

Koto

The problem with tutorials, is that the examples, for say, minis, will just become overused.   It's not easy to create a good tutorial, because it's not easy to know how everybody thinks.   It also takes a while to create a one, time of which, not everybody has.   I don't do much art, so you can't expect me to make an art tutorial, and it's impossible to make a good minimaking tutorial, since you need to maintain a certain amount of originality.

If somebody wants help, they need to find somebody better than them (not necessarily a pro, just someone that is actually better than them), to befriend, and/or learn from their work, or next to them.   99% of the time, when I hear somebody wanting help, I'm not able to, and they keep asking, nonstop, to the point that it is outright rude and annoying.   When you run into this every single day on this game, for an extended period of time, it can get on your nerves.   That's a big reason, I think, as to why you don't see every single good builder trying to reach out and make every user as good as them.

tl/dr: People don't have the time or patience to be able to teach every single person that doesn't know what they are doing.

#1822 Before February 2015

Chimi

I wrote:

Here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here are some failed attempts at stopping trolling. Some of them are just like yours and some are actually put together much better, such as the last one. NONE OF THEM WORKED. There are still trolls everywhere as is evident. Don't think you somehow have a better idea than any of these attempts.

Since it seems you have not seen this, theHFnetwork, I am posting it again here. If you have think you have a rebuttal to this then reply. If you have no rebuttal, You have no valid reason to keep up your arguments.
Thank you.

Last edited by Chimi (May 8 2013 2:13:12 pm)

#1823 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

HF-whatever-the-hell-your-name-is, just shut up. Dude, youre makin a fool of yourself. You can't "denounce" people. We all have been here before you even knew what EE was. I never understood why people care so much about trolling.
Get
The
Heck
Over
Yourselves

Never is it SO serious that you have to start a vendetta (which, by the way, is absolutely useless), "denouncing" the famous players of this game.

****?

I troll because 1) its fun af, 2) Its fun to watch the nubs react and 3)its harmless

ITS harmless because you can simply /loadlevel /removeedit or even /kick username

So please, PLEASE tell me why it matters so much?

With love,
Pyro <3

#1824 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

And so shall a new dawn arise.

#1825 Before February 2015

Calicara

We must unite in the darkness of the shadows. We must regroup, plot, and continue for plans for troll domination! Apart we are naught, but together we shall destroy all the noobs once and for all! Hail TI:1! Hail TGT!

lolwtfbbq1437394825523040

Board footer