Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2019-04-17 16:11:32

Latif
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-03-13
Posts: 1,183

Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

The EE wiki says:

God Mode allows the player to freely fly around a world without activating Actions.

"God mode" sounds like you get godly powers so you can do anything you want, but the only thing you can do is fly. Edit access is better than god mode even though "god mode" sounds stronger. God mode is even included in edit access.

So rename it to Fly Mode for consistency. Perhaps in EEU.

Offline

#2 2019-04-17 16:14:48

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 6,086

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Okay what about:

Fly mode is god mode without edit,
god mode is god mode with edit

? Makes sense.


>>> Anatoly Anatoliwich W VII  <<<
taAxsAU.pngRc4INQT.pngtaAxsAU.pnghV5Emgm.pngtaAxsAU.png
Anatoly.

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2019-04-17 16:30:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,591

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

does it really bother you that much? i can sense ak712's presence in this thread
i dont give a **** about it and neither do most people
everyone's used to it

Anatoly wrote:

Fly mode is god mode without edit,
god mode is god mode with edit

so the definition of "god mode" is recursive and the fly mode is god mode with edit without edit?


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

Wooted by: (5)

#4 2019-04-17 16:41:10

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,945

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

I think it should be renamed to Allah Mode.


atill.gif

Offline

#5 2019-04-17 16:46:24

Zumza
Member
From: root
Joined: 2015-02-17
Posts: 4,450

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Airplane mode


Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

The first announced EEU business model is: EEU Closed Beta is Pay To Play.

Offline

#6 2019-04-17 17:11:11, last edited by Praizmlet (2019-04-17 17:13:11)

Praizmlet
Member
Joined: 2019-04-13
Posts: 20

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

why EE is called Everybody Edits being that only if the owner wants to give edit to everyone that everybody edits?
we don't know
so?
even because an effect has the name fly effect
and would sound strange (for me, at least)

Offline

#7 2019-04-17 17:20:57

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,436

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

"God" is an offensive term for me as an irreligious individual. Please show some respect.


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

#8 2019-04-17 17:43:57

Latif
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-03-13
Posts: 1,183

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Anatoly wrote:

Okay what about:

Fly mode is god mode without edit,
god mode is god mode with edit

? Makes sense.

I think that will confuse people even more.

TaskManager wrote:

i dont give a **** about it and neither do most people

So that means you don't mind if they changed it? Sure, thanks for the useful information.

Praizmlet wrote:

why EE is called Everybody Edits being that only if the owner wants to give edit to everyone that everybody edits?
we don't know
so?
even because an effect has the name fly effect
and would sound strange (for me, at least)

Because when EE was originally created everyone was able to edit worlds. There were no world owners. The name didn't change when EE kept growing over time.

The name "god mode" shouldn't even have existed since they implemented it.

Offline

#9 2019-04-17 19:10:39

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: BiH
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,048

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Wasn't it originally called noclip?


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2019-04-17 19:23:52

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,591

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Latif wrote:

So that means you don't mind if they changed it? Sure, thanks for the useful information.

I do mind because I'm used to the current name
there's no need to put words in my mouth just to vent your frustration on me
"people dont give a ****" means that people are fine with it as it is right now and you seem to be the only one engrossed with naming things properly enough to suggest something so insignificant when there are clearly more important tasks to be done


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#11 2019-04-17 20:22:21

Latif
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-03-13
Posts: 1,183

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Tomahawk wrote:

Wasn't it originally called noclip?

Yeah it was called like that before, but I think god mode has always been the official name.

TaskManager wrote:
Latif wrote:

So that means you don't mind if they changed it? Sure, thanks for the useful information.

I do mind because I'm used to the current name
there's no need to put words in my mouth just to vent your frustration on me
"people dont give a ****" means that people are fine with it as it is right now and you seem to be the only one engrossed with naming things properly enough to suggest something so insignificant when there are clearly more important tasks to be done

You're exaggerating lol. A change such as this one only takes a few seconds. Also, very nice job on changing the definition of that phrase.

You can also just try to stay positive instead of hating instantly, even if you disagree.

Offline

#12 2019-04-17 20:31:26

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,591

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Latif wrote:

You're exaggerating lol. A change such as this one only takes a few seconds. Also, very nice job on changing the definition of that phrase.

but why make such change if everybody BUT you is fine with it as it is right now??
also im sorry that i did not get my message across with that phrase in my first post and had to explain it

Latif wrote:

You can also just try to stay positive instead of hating instantly, even if you disagree.

well, that's what you did in your reply though


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#13 2019-04-17 21:18:41

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,266

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

everyoen is used to godmdoe


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#14 2019-04-18 20:35:54

soniiiety
Member
From: newzealand
Joined: 2016-02-10
Posts: 1,571

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

"God" is an offensive term for me as an irreligious individual. Please show some respect.

exactly, its blasphemy and the name is misleading.


KbsIpxI.gif.3d37e376289d9a9_flip.png.

Offline

#15 2019-04-18 20:42:21

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,077

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Creative Mode //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2019-04-19 05:39:06

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,261

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

No, we should rename God Mode to Idiot flying mode.

Because the idiot flyer said so.


6vgEiC7.png

Offline

#17 2019-04-19 12:19:33

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,539
Website

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Name it noclip mode because you aren't actually a god and you can go through blocks and spikes etc without being stopped by them or activating them.


Blue is my favourite color
__________________________________________________________________________
I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

Wooted by:

#18 2019-04-19 12:48:03

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,767

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

What's all the fuzz if about let's just create 2 types of fly mode first one is noclip where which acts like regular god mode as we know it but we introduce new block called noclipblock(er) which will collide with the player in noclip mode and second one is actual god mode and you won't collide with that noclipblock(er) my solution solves these problems of naming things by making them into separate suggestions it was so easy duh

Offline

Wooted by:

#19 2019-04-19 13:45:05

PiotrGrochowski
Member
From: Poland (born in 8 №v 2004)
Joined: 2016-04-27
Posts: 453

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Gosha wrote:

What's all the fuzz if about let's just create 2 types of fly mode first one is noclip where which acts like regular god mode as we know it but we introduce new block called noclipblock(er) which will collide with the player in noclip mode and second one is actual god mode and you won't collide with that noclipblock(er) my solution solves these problems of naming things by making them into separate suggestions it was so easy duh

will users not having either of the fly modes be able to pass through noclipblock(er)?


I'm known as "haslo" in EE.

Offline

#20 2019-04-19 13:57:00

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,591

Re: Rename God Mode to Fly Mode

Gosha wrote:

What's all the fuzz if about let's just create 2 types of fly mode first one is noclip where which acts like regular god mode as we know it but we introduce new block called noclipblock(er) which will collide with the player in noclip mode and second one is actual god mode and you won't collide with that noclipblock(er) my solution solves these problems of naming things by making them into separate suggestions it was so easy duh

noclip blockers should be patreon only and godmode should be divine supporter only then


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

Wooted by: (4)
TaskManager1555678620746490

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1563570042.9513 - Generated in 0.066 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.64 MiB (Peak: 1.9 MiB) ]