Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2019-03-29 12:11:33

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 6,080

Awards for returned player.

If a player hasn't been in the game for too long:

  • Temporary Shop Price Reduce (at around 10% would be enough.)

  • Who invited you? (If the player selects an account that invited them back, he will get probably... 5 gems?)

  • Gold Membership Extension (If the player left during a bought Gold Membership, he will get 50% of the time he could still have it. Attention! This GM is notbought!)

  • News Alert (An alert, showing the player what changes have been made since he came.)

The prices are so small, it cannot be abused: Daily login gives you more. By the way, I'm sure accounts on same IP will be banned. It will be suspicious if one account calls 10 accounts tomorrow and gets 50 gems, so the chances of this being handled badly are also small. What do you think?

Please..:

Luka504, 272 and TaskManager - either post on-topic or go.
O n J i T - you're allowed to open/close the topic //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile


>>> Anatoly Anatoliwich W VII  <<<
taAxsAU.pngRc4INQT.pngtaAxsAU.pnghV5Emgm.pngtaAxsAU.png
Anatoly.

Offline

#2 2019-03-29 12:32:40

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,764

Re: Awards for returned player.

Anatoly wrote:

Who invited you? (If the player selects an account that invited them back, he will get probably... 5 gems?)

You can't even imagine how abused it would get.


By the way, giving away buyable currency for free decreases it's value

Gems are already pretty much worthless

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2019-03-29 12:51:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,579

Re: Awards for returned player.

This thing is overly complicated and kinda pointless
the 5 gem reward can be abused easily and "muh IP ban" wont magically fix everything. Look at the recent spambot attacks, they used 800 accounts with different IP addresses
Shop price reduce is kinda pointless if you have purchased everything already, otherwise, I can imagine people intentionally taking a break from the game to get the 10% discount
Im against GM extension, if a player purchased GM for an extensive amount of time and then left the game, it's their fault. Think of it like buying milk, for example. If your milk expires before you consume all of it, nobody is going to compensate you the amount of milk that you did not drink.

Anatoly wrote:

Luka504, 272 and TaskManager - either post on-topic or go.

hey hi hello can i ask you the same but in relation to the entire forums instead of a single thread


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

Wooted by:

272

#4 2019-03-29 13:09:49, last edited by LukeM (2019-03-29 13:15:30)

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,781
Website

Re: Awards for returned player.

The invite thing is a good idea IMO (although it might be better just for new players), but I can't really think of a way you could prevent the abuse problems...

Giving away anything just encourages people to create alt accounts, which isn't something we want to do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

The news summary is a good idea though (for EEU not EE), I'll suggest it to the rest of the staff //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Offline

#5 2019-03-29 13:12:03, last edited by Anatoly (2019-03-29 13:14:15)

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 6,080

Re: Awards for returned player.

Gosha wrote:

You can't even imagine how abused it would get.

Everything can be abused. Even the chat ability on the forums can be abused. Even the lake of the rules in the constitutions can be abused. Sorry, but "could be abused" is no longer an argument I appreciate.

TaskManager wrote:

hey hi hello can i ask you the same but in relation to the entire forums instead of a single thread

I am on-topic, I however may not understand time to time the topic title. If you say that I post "trash" then it's another question you already asked.

TaskManager wrote:

This thing is overly complicated and kinda pointless
the 5 gem reward can be abused easily and "muh IP ban" wont magically fix everything. Look at the recent spambot attacks, they used 800 accounts with different IP addresses
Shop price reduce is kinda pointless if you have purchased everything already, otherwise, I can imagine people intentionally taking a break from the game to get the 10% discount
Im against GM extension, if a player purchased GM for an extensive amount of time and then left the game, it's their fault. Think of it like buying milk, for example. If your milk expires before you consume all of it, nobody is going to compensate you the amount of milk that you did not drink.

It just removes the inviting aura for new/returned players.


>>> Anatoly Anatoliwich W VII  <<<
taAxsAU.pngRc4INQT.pngtaAxsAU.pnghV5Emgm.pngtaAxsAU.png
Anatoly.

Offline

#6 2019-03-29 13:40:33

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,764

Re: Awards for returned player.

Anatoly wrote:

Everything can be abused. Even the chat ability on the forums can be abused. Even the lake of the rules in the constitutions can be abused. Sorry, but "could be abused" is no longer an argument I appreciate.

So you are going to ignore it and go with it? Just because it's a valid argument that can be applied to many unrealistic suggestions, doesn't mean it should be thrown away.
If you ignore this argument and staff actually implement your suggestion, it will be possible for many players to get unlimited amount of gems with alts, would you be happy to see people with unlimited gems in game that clearly have an advantage over you and don't play by the same rules you play?

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2019-03-29 16:03:03

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,266

Re: Awards for returned player.

an invite players to th egame option would be nice but this generaly is only nice for game splaced on platofmrs such as kong or fb (oyu invite soem of your fb friends to play a game to get some benefits) for ee this could work like you invite an email to register and with some ip checks orso th egame check sif ur abusing or not said invited acount must be actively playing for a week so you wont get infity gems from fiend shwo just dont like the game but just create an acoutn so oyu get the gems then leave

maby some 100 gems or mroe if ur away for x months and an GM extension i owuld make it so that if the acount if ofline for x days GM time pauses (and adds these days back to th etimer - x hours)  it will unopaus eon login
price reduction ocul work aswell aswell as any seasonal items added in the game and thron in calssic tab afterward sin the period u were gone coudl become unclassic for you for x days


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#8 2019-03-29 16:12:04

Awesomenessgood
Member
Joined: 2015-08-06
Posts: 1,657

Re: Awards for returned player.

idk about the absolute rewards but i think a popup message saying something like "hey! haven't seen you in a long time, we miss you! welcome back!" or something like that would be pretty nice (kind of like the how the miiplaza does it)


lunchbox

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2019-03-30 02:54:00

HeyNK
Member
Joined: 2017-04-07
Posts: 1,318

Re: Awards for returned player.

platform racing 2 does this a super weird way -- gives you a **** TON of experience if you play a race after not logging in for like... 7 years or however long it was.

You get like... 51 xp for a normal race, and I got like 1000, and I didn't even win.

Game sucked though, so it wasn't worth actually playing. ie. this suggestion wouldn't actually accomplish it's goal. Why should I care if a number goes up in a game I have zero investment in?

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2019-03-30 11:34:00

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,266

Re: Awards for returned player.

it dto show interest in it because oyu level up maby 1 or 2 levels unock some extra things and start playing again


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

peace1553942040744129

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1563417773.5171 - Generated in 0.083 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.4 MiB (Peak: 1.56 MiB) ]