Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#76 2019-03-31 15:30:04

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: BiH
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,180

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Imagine learning about a staff decision and NOT making baseless assumptions, outrageous accusations and generally blowing everything so out of proportion that the reaction becomes more harmful than the original action.

People who can't avoid losing their damn minds wrote:

Xeno evil childish tyrannical hitler dictator killing the game EE is doomed Je suis EE my account will be deleted for saying this shrek is love shrek is life thegame did nothing wrong I hate xeno go die reeeeee...
5wFUthd.gif

Some of you drama queens in this thread and the other need to go outside, if only to put the insignificance of this event into perspective. How many times does this need to happen for some of you to realise that the world isn't gonna end?

Here's a thought: if you're all so determined to dictate what the staff do, then maybe waiting for better information and communicating calmly and clearly without bias and ad hominem would actually help your cause. Perhaps blind hatred and flawed reasoning damage your credibility as much as Xeno's actions apparently damage his.


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#77 2019-03-31 15:33:54

Onjit
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,077
Website

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Tomahawk wrote:

Imagine learning about a staff decision and NOT making baseless assumptions, outrageous accusations and generally blowing everything so out of proportion that the reaction becomes more harmful than the original action.

People who can't avoid losing their damn minds wrote:

Xeno evil childish tyrannical hitler dictator killing the game EE is doomed Je suis EE my account will be deleted for saying this shrek is love shrek is life thegame did nothing wrong I hate xeno go die reeeeee...
https://i.imgur.com/5wFUthd.gif

Some of you drama queens in this thread and the other need to go outside, if only to put the insignificance of this event into perspective. How many times does this need to happen for some of you to realise that the world isn't gonna end?

Here's a thought: if you're all so determined to dictate what the staff do, then maybe waiting for better information and communicating calmly and clearly without bias and ad hominem would actually help your cause. Perhaps blind hatred and flawed reasoning damage your credibility as much as Xeno's actions apparently damage his.

yeah thats cool and all but one time i asked xeno for the code and he said no //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad


A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Max length: 2,000 characters / Max lines: 20

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#78 2019-03-31 16:08:02

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,965

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

I find it funny that you say:

Tomahawk wrote:

Some of you drama queens in this thread and the other need to go outside

Tomahawk wrote:

Perhaps blind hatred and flawed reasoning damage your credibility

Yet also say:

Tomahawk wrote:

maybe waiting for better information and communicating calmly and clearly without bias and ad hominem would actually help your cause.

Seriously dude. You try to portray yourself as the "reasonable voice" in the discussion, but your posts are mad cringe and just serve to increase the drama tenfold.

Offline

Wooted by:

#79 2019-03-31 16:41:11

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,574

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

You sure do like to shoehorn in comedic effect into your arguments, don't you Toma?

Keep doing that, I'm sure it'll make your opinion more valid and totally not make you look like a cringelord at all.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#80 2019-03-31 16:49:12

Zumza
Member
From: root
Joined: 2015-02-17
Posts: 4,496

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Tomahawk wrote:

Here's a thought: if you're all so determined to dictate what the staff do, then maybe waiting for better information and communicating calmly and clearly without bias and ad hominem would actually help your cause. Perhaps blind hatred and flawed reasoning damage your credibility as much as Xeno's actions apparently damage his.

I didn't notice hatred, aggressiveness, bias and everything else you imply. People are, simply put, indignant towards Xeno's actions and his lack of transparency.


Tomahawk wrote:

Imagine learning about a staff decision and NOT making baseless assumptions, outrageous accusations and generally blowing everything so out of proportion that the reaction becomes more harmful than the original action.

What are the harmful reactions out of this discussion? Is it a harmful reaction that Xeno re-evaluated their decision and restored TheGame's account?


The only pressure that I see here is for asking Xenonetix to clarify what was this all about.


Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Offline

Wooted by:

#81 2019-03-31 17:17:13

Kira
Guest

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Anatoly wrote:

The difference between old and young people is that young people do not admit their mistakes, when the old do. Xeno clearly showed that he is still to young to own EE. But from what I've seen he won't give the ownership away. This is the end of EE.

Seriously what kind of drugs do you take

#82 2019-03-31 18:50:19

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,572

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

mutantdevle wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

You don't need to be so desperate to defend his behaviour.

I'm not defending specifically his behaviour. The only defence I'm making is that Xeno receives so much **** for every mistake he makes, no matter how big or small, and it's constantly being heavily exaggerated how unreasonable his behaviour is. Whilst I wouldn't have done the same things that Xeno has done if I was in his position, in my opinion, the only harmful mistake he has made here is the words he used to criticise thegame regardless of his guilt.

You think the only mistake he made is the words he used? So the actual deleting of the account is not a mistake, and you don't think waiting days to make an announcement was a mistake?


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#83 2019-03-31 19:30:13

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,317

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

what i don tget is everytime there is a drama you decide to **** abotu what xeno did you decide to **** aouroudn and say xeno is bad owner this and that. but you dont say **** you to the hacker it self who did the whole hacked wastgin the staffs time? you dont care baout a delay in EEU? you dot care abotu some information leaked? no fo cnot th eonly thing you cre is abotu the **** xneon has done or hasnt done


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

Wooted by:

#84 2019-03-31 20:45:39

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,994
Website

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

skullz17 wrote:

You think the only mistake he made is the words he used? So the actual deleting of the account is not a mistake, and you don't think waiting days to make an announcement was a mistake?

Deleting the account was only a mistake in the sense that, I assume, thegame has since been judged as innocent. I have no problem with the deletion of the account itself. If that's the form of punishment that Xeno wants to issue to the culprit of the hacks then that's within his right. It basically just acts as a permanent ban but highlighted in bold. We all knew that the punishment could be reversed. The only real issue would have been if Xeno wouldn't listen to reason if presented with evidence proving thegame's innocence. Obviously, that wasn't an issue since the account has been restored. People only perceived it as an issue because they don't trust Xeno. And fair enough, I can understand why some people wouldn't. But that doesn't make it a mistake of Xeno's and this drama is going to have no lasting negative effect.

As for waiting before announcing the breach, I can see valid arguments on either side for announcing the issue as soon as they know it exists vs only announcing it once they had all the information that they could get about it. But the point is both options are completely reasonable. Both options have their risks. If as a direct result of delaying the announcement more damage had been caused that would otherwise be preventable then yes, that would have been a mistake on Xeno's behalf. But that hasn't happened and, for all we know, announcing it sooner could have caused more problems to arise.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#85 2019-03-31 21:20:15

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,574

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

I don't know how much I'm a fan of the ideas "It's reversible, so it's okay." and "It's fine now because it's fixed."

No, this problem shouldn't have surfaced at all. I'd rather have no issues than ones that get a resolution in the end.

Maybe if this was a one-time thing, I'd probably be willing to agree that it isn't that big of a problem, but this has been something that Xeno seems to do too often - accuse people on little to no evidence. That type of behavior has the potential to sink people's already shaky hopes in EEU. Heck, I'm sure it's already doing so for some of us right now. This should be discussed.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#86 2019-03-31 21:54:09

Zumza
Member
From: root
Joined: 2015-02-17
Posts: 4,496

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

@mutantdevle, you seem to completely ignore, or forgotten, what people who've worked with Xeno said about him. Using Xeno-like deductions, I'd say you're deliberately being the devil's advocate, even as we speak you have a devil avatar!

A very recent snippet of the former moderator Phinarose, with Xenonetix

You shouldn't be doing random choices just because you can, they need to have a justifiability. What could justify deleting someone's player object just to revert it back? What could justify accusing and interrogating random persons about the hack? Why is this needed?


Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#87 2019-03-31 22:16:18

Processor
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 2,025

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

mutantdevle wrote:

I have no problem with the deletion of the account itself.

Thegame has reached levels of publicity and support he couldn't even dream of!

This is what happens when you "invent" symbolic forms of punishment.
Is this how we reward our hackers?

The people making the leaks wanted drama and chaos.
The staff are enabling exactly that.

Xenonetix' actions and inactions have done the community more harm than the leaks themselves.


embed.png?style=banner3

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#88 2019-03-31 22:47:21

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,572

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

mutantdevle wrote:

Deleting the account was only a mistake in the sense that, I assume, thegame has since been judged as innocent. I have no problem with the deletion of the account itself. If that's the form of punishment that Xeno wants to issue to the culprit of the hacks then that's within his right. It basically just acts as a permanent ban but highlighted in bold. We all knew that the punishment could be reversed. The only real issue would have been if Xeno wouldn't listen to reason if presented with evidence proving thegame's innocence. Obviously, that wasn't an issue since the account has been restored. People only perceived it as an issue because they don't trust Xeno. And fair enough, I can understand why some people wouldn't. But that doesn't make it a mistake of Xeno's and this drama is going to have no lasting negative effect.

Even if it is reversible, it could have been an inconvenience during the time Thegame's account was inaccessible to him. I don't like the idea of banning someone without proper evidence and then waiting for them to refute it in DMs, because then you're wasting an innocent person's time for no reason, and forcing them to go through a process that they shouldn't have to go through. I know that it was most likely not an inconvenience for thegame because as far as I can tell he quit the game, but it's irresponsible for xeno to just assume that. Also it still just sucks to be randomly accused of something you didn't do and get called a "despicable person".

mutantdevle wrote:

As for waiting before announcing the breach, I can see valid arguments on either side for announcing the issue as soon as they know it exists vs only announcing it once they had all the information that they could get about it. But the point is both options are completely reasonable. Both options have their risks. If as a direct result of delaying the announcement more damage had been caused that would otherwise be preventable then yes, that would have been a mistake on Xeno's behalf. But that hasn't happened and, for all we know, announcing it sooner could have caused more problems to arise.

You can't justify this just because no damage has been done. It is a fact that the mail system was breached and some passwords were leaked. It is also a fact that some people will use the same passwords between multiple services. So there was a chance that between then and xeno's announcement, someone's account for a service other than EE could have been compromised. I thought we were lucky that processor made his post early on to warn the community. But you suggest that an early announcement could cause more problems. Please elaborate on this.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by:

#89 2019-04-01 09:52:19

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,317

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Zumza wrote:

@mutantdevle, you seem to completely ignore, or forgotten, what people who've worked with Xeno said about him. Using Xeno-like deductions, I'd say you're deliberately being the devil's advocate, even as we speak you have a devil avatar!

A very recent snippet of the former moderator Phinarose, with Xenonetix

You shouldn't be doing random choices just because you can, they need to have a justifiability. What could justify deleting someone's player object just to revert it back? What could justify accusing and interrogating random persons about the hack? Why is this needed?

blocking is entirely free of someone the discord has nothgint to do wiht ee so he can do anuythign outsid eee he wants even fi the chat is goign abotu ee the dsicord itself is nto form ee and is a 3rd party

Processor wrote:

Is this how we reward our hackers?

proof hes the hajcer?


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#90 2019-04-01 15:20:23

ILikeTofuuJoe
Member
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,732
Website

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

peace wrote:
Zumza wrote:

@mutantdevle, you seem to completely ignore, or forgotten, what people who've worked with Xeno said about him. Using Xeno-like deductions, I'd say you're deliberately being the devil's advocate, even as we speak you have a devil avatar!

A very recent snippet of the former moderator Phinarose, with Xenonetix

You shouldn't be doing random choices just because you can, they need to have a justifiability. What could justify deleting someone's player object just to revert it back? What could justify accusing and interrogating random persons about the hack? Why is this needed?

blocking is entirely free of someone the discord has nothgint to do wiht ee so he can do anuythign outsid eee he wants even fi the chat is goign abotu ee the dsicord itself is nto form ee and is a 3rd party

Processor wrote:

Is this how we reward our hackers?

proof hes the hajcer?

Discord has nothing to do with it? No. You can't just say that an official third-party Discord has nothing to do with the game. It is official anyways, so it has some power. I completely disagree with your point on that. No, it's not a proof that thegame is the hacker. The hacker(s) hacked the game, so thegame was accused for no reason. And what's the hacker's reward? Them sucessfuly escape while an inocent is being treated like rhe hacker. Now Xenonetix is just sitting there, not even caring to find the actual hacker.


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

Wooted by:

#91 2019-04-01 16:51:27

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,994
Website

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Zumza wrote:

@mutantdevle, you seem to completely ignore, or forgotten, what people who've worked with Xeno said about him. Using Xeno-like deductions, I'd say you're deliberately being the devil's advocate, even as we speak you have a devil avatar!

You shouldn't be doing random choices just because you can, they need to have a justifiability. What could justify deleting someone's player object just to revert it back? What could justify accusing and interrogating random persons about the hack? Why is this needed?

I'm fully aware of what went down with Phina and Gosha but my problem is that ever since then many people have been over exaggerating everything that Xeno does and seem to paint him as completely irrational and unreasonable which is not the case at all. It's that extent of unrealism in people's arguments that I feel the need to argue against. If thegame was indeed the hacker, would it not be reasonable to delete his account as punishment? Do you really think it's unreasonable to interrogate people if you believe that they are involved in the hacking? The problem we have is that we don't know what evidence exactly that Xeno had to accuse thegame of being the hacker. But suggesting that he had no evidence at all on the basis that he fired 2 staff members that you personally consider to be for unjust reasons is simply ludicrous and harmful.

Processor wrote:

Thegame has reached levels of publicity and support he couldn't even dream of!

This is what happens when you "invent" symbolic forms of punishment.
Is this how we reward our hackers?

The people making the leaks wanted drama and chaos.
The staff are enabling exactly that.

Deleting someone's account isn't really a symbolic form of punishment, it's just the strictest punishment that can be given to a player in the game. Do you not think that the perpetrator of the hacks deserves the strictest punishment that can be given? That said, I'd probably never do anything more than permanently ban an account but it's not unreasonable to go the step further and delete it. The drama caused by this was an unfortunate by-product of that actions but, honestly, I think any form of ban would have lead to this drama and I'm sure you'd agree that the hacker at least deserves a ban.

Processor wrote:

Xenonetix' actions and inactions have done the community more harm than the leaks themselves.

This is exactly what I'm on about. These kind of hyperbolic and blatantly untrue statements that are frequently made towards Xeno are exactly the reason why I feel the need to defend him. Do you genuinely believe what you just said here? The hacker exposed personal information, compromised some people's accounts, deleted accounts and spammed the game - most notably with a link to a video that shows people dying and has the potential to traumatise those who view it, especially the younger players on EE who wouldn't be cautious enough to avoid the contents of the video. And what did Xeno do? Slightly inconvenience someone and disgruntle some members of the community. Even if you narrow it down to just the leaks I don't get how you can say causing a bit of drama on the forums is worse than exposing personal information.

skullz17 wrote:

Even if it is reversible, it could have been an inconvenience during the time Thegame's account was inaccessible to him. I don't like the idea of banning someone without proper evidence and then waiting for them to refute it in DMs, because then you're wasting an innocent person's time for no reason, and forcing them to go through a process that they shouldn't have to go through. I know that it was most likely not an inconvenience for thegame because as far as I can tell he quit the game, but it's irresponsible for Xeno to just assume that. Also it still just sucks to be randomly accused of something you didn't do and get called a "despicable person".

I understand that this is bad. But people are making it out to be a much bigger deal than it is. That's where my problem lies. Inconveniencing someone and potentially offending them is not the end of the world and definitely doesn't deserve the amount of backlash that Xeno has received over this issue. The only thing that I think Xeno is obligated to do is apologise to thegame if he has since been proven innocent and he hasn't done so already. He doesn't need to apologise to the community, just thegame.

skullz17 wrote:

You can't justify this just because no damage has been done. It is a fact that the mail system was breached and some passwords were leaked. It is also a fact that some people will use the same passwords between multiple services. So there was a chance that between then and Xeno's announcement, someone's account for a service other than EE could have been compromised. I thought we were lucky that processor made his post early on to warn the community. But you suggest that an early announcement could cause more problems. Please elaborate on this.

In a general sense, alerting people as soon as possible that their password may have been stolen is best for them having the chance to change it before a hacking can use it. But I just don't think that would be worth it for the problems it may cause if announcing the problem immediately. There are the smaller issues this may cause like spreading unnecessary panic or giving false information about the issue that the staff may later find out to be wrong, but more importantly, it alerts the hacker that the staff have become aware of the issue. If the staff can find and fix the issue before the hacker even realises that the staff are aware of their method of accessing EE then they potentially reduce the amount of damage that the hacker does (I.E. the hacker may try to do more damage than they otherwise planned to if they knew they'd lose access soon or even have more time to find a way to prevent themselves from losing access). This was especially a problem since part of the solve included waiting on PlayerIO which was time wasted that was out of the staff's control. I think that this is very clearly the main reason they decided not to disclose the breach sooner from what Luke was saying in response to processor making the forum post.

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Now Xenonetix is just sitting there, not even caring to find the actual hacker.

And how exactly do you know this?


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#92 2019-04-01 17:39:52

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,988

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Mutant.

It isn't a mere inconvenience when someone has their account deleted and then, in a twist of logic and justice, the burden of proof falls upon them to prove their innocence.


signature.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#93 2019-04-01 20:06:42

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,994
Website

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

It's not 'burden of proof' when the proof required is necessary to contradict existing evidence. Please stop acting as though Xeno punished thegame on literally nothing.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#94 2019-04-02 06:08:13

ILikeTofuuJoe
Member
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,732
Website

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Mutant,
Now you are reacting like deleting thegame's acciunt was the only rhing xenonetix has done? You have forgotten the psst, the other mistakes xenonetix has done. And a lot of them xenonetix hasn't fixed. It is not just one issue, and you're making it like a single, rare solved issue to represent the whole thing. Atila is not sayong that thegame had his accohunt delegted for nothing. And you're pretending that because you are opposing us, understand?


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

Wooted by:

#95 2019-04-02 09:44:52

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,574

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

mutantdevle wrote:

I'm fully aware of what went down with Phina and Gosha but my problem is that ever since then many people have been over exaggerating everything that Xeno does

Partially agree. Yes, there are people who are taking this issue way too seriously - I'm probably doing that myself to a degree. But that doesn't mean that any of the issues people are concerned about are invalid. I don't like Xeno, shocker, but you seem to be implying that people like me are only doing this because we dislike Xeno when that just isn't true.
If Nou did this same ****, I'm sure I'd still be ticked off.

mutantdevle wrote:

Do you really think it's unreasonable to interrogate people if you believe that they are involved in the hacking?

I don't think anyone said that it's wrong to interrogate suspicious people. The thing that is wrong is to shoot first, ask questions later.

mutantdevle wrote:

But suggesting that he had no evidence at all on the basis that he fired 2 staff members that you personally consider to be for unjust reasons is simply ludicrous and harmful.

Did anyone say this at all, or are you just making random assumptions, the one thing you scold us for doing?

I'm sure you'd agree that the hacker at least deserves a ban.

I do agree, but only IF there's proof to back it up.

mutantdevle wrote:

Even if you narrow it down to just the leaks I don't get how you can say causing a bit of drama on the forums is worse than exposing personal information.

"Xeno isn't as bad as the hacker, therefore Xeno must be good."
Reading what Processor wrote, I don't see him saying anything along the lines of "The hacker is morally superior to Xeno." so I have no clue where this counterargument is coming from.
The hacker is definitely the bigger evil, but that doesn't in any way justify Xeno's actions either.

mutantdevle wrote:

He doesn't need to apologize to the community, just thegame.

Agreed.

mutantdevle wrote:

There are the smaller issues this may cause like spreading unnecessary panic or giving false information about the issue that the staff may later find out to be wrong

Panic was already rampant throughout EE because everyone saw what was going on. There was no way to really hide it. The thing people didn't see, however, was an official statement detailing that the staff were aware of what's been going on. Knowing they're doing something would arguably reduce panic.
In regards to misinformation, what could they have really said that might have misled people? All I wanted was just a post saying that EE is under constant attack and that something is being done on it

mutantdevle wrote:

I.E. the hacker may try to do more damage than they otherwise planned to if they knew they'd lose access soon or even have more time to find a way to prevent themselves from losing access

Hacking Xeno's account and leaking private information for all to see isn't bad enough for you? Are you suggesting there was something more the hacker could have done to mess with people? Even if there was something more he could do, he probably just would have done it from the start instead of waiting to be found out first.
The same thing with keeping access - he was in power for literal days, I sincerely doubt there was anything more he could do to shield himself.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

#96 2019-04-05 17:29:00

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,994
Website

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Mutant,
Now you are reacting like deleting thegame's acciunt was the only rhing xenonetix has done? You have forgotten the psst, the other mistakes xenonetix has done. And a lot of them xenonetix hasn't fixed. It is not just one issue, and you're making it like a single, rare solved issue to represent the whole thing.

Please tell me what mistake that Xeno has made that has had a lasting effect on the game and is in vital need of 'fixing'? I was talking specifically about thegame's account because that was the subject of what was being discussed.

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Atila is not sayong that thegame had his accohunt delegted for nothing. And you're pretending that because you are opposing us, understand?

I'm struggling to understand where you got this idea from. I'm not pretending anything about what Atilla has said. If the burden of proof lies on the suspect to prove themselves innocent and that very premise is unjustified then that would require the evidence against them to be non-existent. Otherwise, if there IS evidence AGAINST someone, there is naturally going to have to be other evidence that disproves that. The problem here being that no one knows what evidence Xeno had.

Luka504 wrote:

But that doesn't mean that any of the issues people are concerned about are invalid. I don't like Xeno, shocker, but you seem to be implying that people like me are only doing this because we dislike Xeno when that just isn't true.

I've never said that people's concerns are invalid. I have concerns about Xeno too. But the problem arises when people over dramatise these concerns. And I believe they are being over dramatised because y'all dislike Xeno.

Luka504 wrote:

I don't think anyone said that it's wrong to interrogate suspicious people. The thing that is wrong is to shoot first, ask questions later.

I agree that deleting the account was a step too far before addressing the issue with thegame. But people pushing this mistake as though it makes Xeno a tyrant is not fair nor the right way to go about this issue.

Luka504 wrote:

Did anyone say this at all, or are you just making random assumptions, the one thing you scold us for doing?

As far as I'm aware, the 2 main things that have made people dislike Xeno are A) Simply because he was the one to acquire ownership of the game, and B) Because of his decision to fire 2 staff members. I wouldn't exactly call it a 'random' assumption to say that this has an effect on people's response to the recent drama.

Luka504 wrote:

"Xeno isn't as bad as the hacker, therefore Xeno must be good."
Reading what Processor wrote, I don't see him saying anything along the lines of "The hacker is morally superior to Xeno." so I have no clue where this counterargument is coming from.
The hacker is definitely the bigger evil, but that doesn't in any way justify Xeno's actions either.

I never said that the hacker being bad made Xeno good. (I do think Xeno has been good for the game, but his actions towards this issue definitely haven't been good). I was simply addressing processor's point that "Xenonetix' actions and inactions have done the community more harm than the leaks themselves." because I don't believe that to true in the slightest.

Luka504 wrote:

The thing people didn't see, however, was an official statement detailing that the staff were aware of what's been going on. Knowing they're doing something would arguably reduce panic.

I've recently learnt that Xeno was legally obligated to inform people that their information had been exposed within a time limit. Luke, however, has said that there is some debate as to how much this applies to what happened with EE. But in my opinion anyone (primarily just processor) who criticised Xeno specifically for not meeting that obligation is perfectly valid and fair in their statements about it. But why were Luke's numerous posts about the rest of the issue not enough? Why does the information have to come directly from Xeno? I agree that an official statement should always come eventually regardless, but in the meantime, Luke's explanation of the issue was perfectly fine.

Luka504 wrote:

All I wanted was just a post saying that EE is under constant attack and that something is being done on it

What's wrong with these posts?. Granted, these posts were only created in response to processor's thread. But I'd like to think that we'd have been informed of this issue regardless of that once the bulk of problem (getting a response from PlayerIO) was sorted.

Luka504 wrote:

Hacking Xeno's account and leaking private information for all to see isn't bad enough for you? Are you suggesting there was something more the hacker could have done to mess with people? Even if there was something more he could do, he probably just would have done it from the start instead of waiting to be found out first.
The same thing with keeping access - he was in power for literal days, I sincerely doubt there was anything more he could do to shield himself.

However unlikely, it is still possible that this could have happened. And if people are going to use unlikely possibilities to criticise the staff, surely I'm allowed to do the same to counter them?


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#97 2019-04-06 09:09:04

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,331

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

MWstudios wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

We were previously going off information provided by Processor, and for some reason trusting his date, which we clearly shouldn't have done.

so if Processor doesn't get all the information from EE staff (but EE staff from him), where does he get it?

I'm still waiting for the answer
Processor did see my question, but for some reason he decided to not to answer


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#98 2019-04-06 09:17:59

Processor
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 2,025

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

I thought it was a joke //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I had access to publicly available information, including the leaks that were released. So I was able to do my own analysis.


embed.png?style=banner3

Offline

#99 2019-04-06 09:26:24

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,331

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Processor wrote:

I thought it was a joke //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I had access to publicly available information, including the leaks that were released. So I was able to do my own analysis.

ah thanks


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#100 2019-04-06 12:03:18

sercan20
New Member
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 8

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

thx for the heads up
but i think i should be fine //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Offline

ILikeTofuuJoe1554802074745441

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1571356744.6794 - Generated in 0.218 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.84 MiB (Peak: 2.2 MiB) ]