Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-21 01:24:28, last edited by Norwee (2019-03-21 01:25:02)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

The lobby is awful

Real talk: am i the only one frustrated by how incredibly annoying and cumbersome navigating the lobby has become? I miss the days of a relatively simple and streamlined lobby. The friends list, worlds and clearly marked buttons all used to be on the same exact screen. Now you need to click on "social" to get another pop-up window.
It came into my mind lately when doing my standard check up of EE to buy new shop items and etc, asking myself why it feels like such a chore just to even open up and look at the freaking main menu of the game. The answer is that the entire design is a mess. Clunky, unintuitive, confusing. It reminds me of the kind of post-modernist tendency to take what is already good and proving to work, and completely bloating it with unnecessary new windows, replacing text labels with symbols that almost nobody understands what is actually supposed to symbolize. Hiding essential information and features inside a maze of navigation that just strains your mind. It sucks.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (5)

#2 2019-03-21 05:23:11

Freckleface

Re: The lobby is awful

Or you are just still used to the old lobby and are getting confused because of the new placement. Who knows?

F

Wooted by:

#3 2019-03-21 13:44:35, last edited by Anatoly (2019-03-21 13:45:03)

Anatoly

He shop button is wrong at the right side.

Edit: But actually left is communism, so fine.

#4 2019-03-21 14:13:04

azurepudding

So opinions are opinions, but..

for something less subjective, why is a fourth of the lobby taken up by the EEU opt in panel, even after opting in??  This takes up so much space for nothing.

Azure2.png

#5 2019-03-21 14:48:43

mikelolsuperman
Website

I agree with this, instead of clicking 1 button to send a message in inbox you have to click on some other one hidden away in the corner and then go to inbox. I don't want it changed though because I've just gotten used to the shop being on the top right.

Anatoly wrote:

It doesn't mean someone or something is communist or whatever just because they're on the left side. It shouldn't make a difference whether communism is or is not left to move the shop.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#6 2019-03-21 15:42:15

peace

this lobby is added almost 4 motnhs ago and you didnt ha dcomplains in these 4 months?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

PTU

#7 2019-03-22 07:06:50

Anatoly

mikelolsuperman wrote:

I agree with this, instead of clicking 1 button to send a message in inbox you have to click on some other one hidden away in the corner and then go to inbox. I don't want it changed though because I've just gotten used to the shop being on the top right.

Anatoly wrote:

It doesn't mean someone or something is communist or whatever just because they're on the left side. It shouldn't make a difference whether communism is or is not left to move the shop.

The shop button belongs to the left where it always was

#8 2019-03-22 07:57:46

Onjit
Website

When I heard that they were going to overhaul the lobby, I was cautiously optimistic that the dev team would actually produce some good work. Sadly I was disappointed to find that it was incredibly lackluster, just rearranging some buttons and making things more tedious to find.

Check out this thread for actual lobby overhauls Specifically, these posts: [1] [2] [3] and the best design imo, [4]

The dev team had a chance to actually improve things, but yet again, they kind of just floundered. I'd say I hope they improve things for EEU, but from what I've seen of EEU, I'm going to remain skeptical for the time being.

:.|:;

#9 2019-03-22 08:36:16

PTU
Formerly Pipec

I think the lobby will get a bit more of change for EEU //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#10 2019-03-23 01:17:40

HeyNK

Onjit wrote:

When I heard that they were going to overhaul the lobby, I was cautiously optimistic that the dev team would actually produce some good work. Sadly I was disappointed to find that it was incredibly lackluster, just rearranging some buttons and making things more tedious to find.

Check out this thread for actual lobby overhauls Specifically, these posts: [1] [2] [3] and the best design imo, [4]

The dev team had a chance to actually improve things, but yet again, they kind of just floundered. I'd say I hope they improve things for EEU, but from what I've seen of EEU, I'm going to remain skeptical for the time being.

Some of those are pretty hard on the eyes ngl, but layout beats EE.

#11 2019-03-23 02:01:48

Onjit
Website

HeyNK wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Some of those are pretty hard on the eyes ngl, but layout beats EE.

Yeah, I mean they're not perfect, but at the very least the layout is more functional than what we have now. If EEU does end up happening, I hope they make an effort to actually make it a new game, and not just EE but on a different engine

:.|:;

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2019-03-23 13:29:14, last edited by azurepudding (2019-03-23 13:29:39)

azurepudding

Onjit wrote:

At least two of those are more confusing/distracting/cluttered than the current lobby tbh

Azure2.png

azurepudding1553344154743263

Board footer