Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-18 20:50:21, last edited by Shy (2019-03-18 20:50:57)

Shy

Explaining the situation associated with spam bots

Hello everyone, my name is Shy, today I would like to clarify everything on the shelves. I want to introduce you to the "spamming bots" topic so that you understand. Previously, I did not understand how serious a problem is in the game but think that this game is ALSO played by small children who, not understanding, can follow the link and run into the **** site or the video with the killings. The second reason is the mess in the game itself, new players will hardly like to play when such things happen.

Let's get to the main topic. As Xeno said, this is a new stage of hacking in the game and this stage causes great harm to the game.
800 accounts with different unique IP-addresses are created every 3 minutes.

Picture

Now think about how difficult and complicated it will be to reproduce into reality. After that, I had doubts that any “programmer” or “hacker” in everybody edits was capable of that. I have a theory that someone outside the game did it. Take for example the rent of a hacker in a dark network (Which is quite possible).
As I understand, the progress of admins is very slow and bad. I can confidently say that it is very difficult for them to fix this problem. Because for the past 3 weeks, the robot is still active.

Picture
Picture

There are a lot of bots and they can “capture” any of the worlds without any problems. When you trying to eliminate them, they will start a duplication that is impossible to kick or take other measures. An interesting fact is that they will continue to write links.

Picture
Picture

These robots breed like cockroaches and are able to devour any world if you try to resist them. The best move you can do is mute them.
I also wanted to talk about yesterday's attempts to fix the problem, Xeno was crashing the game 5 times (apparently trying to fix something).

Picture

I do not know how much these attempts have helped, but even today I meet bots who write me links in personal messages, although Xeno insisted that he fixed it.
Captcha in this situation does not help. But I have a suggestion that MAYBE help to remove some of this problem. Change captcha back to email verification code. I think it is able to resist bots breeding.

That's all that I know. I can assume that Processor started all this, he created a robot (which of course is my point of view and of course unlikely). And the proof that I have is also unlikely
This is all I wanted to say, I hope that now you at least understand. If you have any questions or you do not agree with what I said. Then kindly leave your post :], I will listen.

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2019-03-18 21:03:30

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Explaining the situation associated with spam bots

Thank you for the background on this. It was a interesting read and i am glad you took the time to write it.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#3 2019-03-19 05:15:19, last edited by Gosha (2019-03-19 05:19:36)

Gosha

Just saying, The only way staff can check player's ip is through PlayerIO. If hackers have access to PIO database they can instantly change their IP in it. This can be just 1 guy with 1 IP address

EDIT:

Also, if that person can join a world with 1 account multiple times at once (as seen in screenshot), that means he can bypass Game's backend PlayerOnJoinWorld event, thus bypassing all of the checks to stop them.

Good system you have there, pio

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2019-03-19 06:54:39

Anatoly

didnt read all but yes serious problem...
though nobody talked to me yet... (from the spam bots)

can you summarize long posts?

Anatoly1552974879742913

Board footer