Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-13 19:53:19

Andymakeer

Ill & Pill Effects

duk6RKT.png

Ill Effect
  • Kills you after X seconds

• While on Ill, if you get Cursed, Poisoned, Zombified or touch Lava, you die instantly, no matter the effect(s) duration.

You can make Zombies kill other players directly, without turning them into Zombies too.
Turn all timed-hazards into instakill hazards, if you want some extra difficulty to your level.
Healable by other players Protection... maybe? I'd prefer not.

Pill Effect
  • Like Protection, but does not affects other players

Please developers, when????

Feel free to rework the effects visual btw, im horrible at drawing XD

F

#2 2018-11-13 21:29:42

mikelolsuperman
Website

Re: Ill & Pill Effects

I find the ill effect interesting, but I am not sure it will be added. I do think that the pill effect will be added. They added curse without affecting others, so why not the opposite effect too

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#3 2018-11-13 21:36:34

Luka504

I fail to see the use of these effects. If you want an insta-kill item, just use spikes/fire? If you don't want people to die from the insta-kill obstacles, just give them protection?

You can already replicate this effect using the tools that are already available, thus it's only really useful for very specific cases. And personally I'm not a fan of low utility items.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#4 2018-11-14 21:14:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

I fail to see the use of these effects. If you want an insta-kill item, just use spikes/fire? If you don't want people to die from the insta-kill obstacles, just give them protection?

You can already replicate this effect using the tools that are already available, thus it's only really useful for very specific cases. And personally I'm not a fan of low utility items.

The ill effect can basically turn players into moving insta-kill hazards. Zombies insta-kill the ill and cursed players cannot pass the curse onto them and instead just straight up kill them. Sure, not a lot of people will be able to utilise this to any great effect. However, I can see a lot of fun worlds being created with this effect if done correctly including an (albeit 1 way) combat system.

As for the pill effect, the function of this effect (protection that doesn't cure zombies) has been highly requested in the past.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2018-11-14 21:56:56

Luka504

Even for that one scenario, you can still make it using tools that are already available to you.
3FydX9X.png
The human smiley doesn't have blue team while the zombie does. The human can walk on the zombie blocks without issue while the zombie can't. But the zombie can still move around with the blue team doors directly beneath, but if the human were to get infected by the zombie he'd fall, as there'd be nothing to catch him. The human dies as soon as the zombie touches him.

That is functionally identical to your "PvP" idea. Sure the thing I made doesn't look nice aesthetically, but I still don't think that adding an entire effect for something that's only useful in extremely specific scenarios is a good idea.

Though I am supportive of the Pill effect.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)
Luka5041542229016731946

Board footer