Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-07 20:28:19, last edited by Anatoly (2018-11-07 20:30:16)

Anatoly

Going to an untitled world

Firstly, all Empty/Cleared worlds will have a label 'Empty' - as a notation for that it doesn't has any blocks saved.

Before
After

Now - whenever you click a Empty World - you'll be able to generate it's content! Wouldn't it be cool? A bot would require some minutes to have sent hundreds of connections based of connection("b", layer, x, y, id) - the server however could generate it in a second. And think the possibilities - Generate terrain - having your own!! templates and more stuff!

So.. you click on an empty world from the lobby, and:

Images

- Both of the images were simple demonstrations. I'd say the generation-window should be much larger and hold much more features like - Generate mini games? Difficulty? Once a cool generation will be coded think of every day playing a completely new campaign?

Other

• Generation of spawn area and win zone

• Library of existing combinations for minigames in the format one solid block, all action blocks listed, the rest is art designed; for each storing the mini game itself, and the difficulty.

• Pay attention for bricks to generate from yellow-is to brown to red - then to grab going to black at the bottom (you should be able to say where which ores will be generated!!

• It would be cool to add hidden rooms with treasure boxes and other decoration, etc.

• I don't expect the coders being able to code complex switch systems but something simple with switches could be cool.

• Yo!Scroll is an example by processor that coding physics is possible.

• It would be also cool to be able to generate overland structures like vilages

• For generating land you can use a formula like this.

• Checkbox: Godmode block near trophy

• etc.

There are just so many things you can do with it in 2D!!

#2 2018-11-07 20:34:32

peace

Re: Going to an untitled world

and it so stressfull fi you dont name a world its always untitled and when you have quite some of the myou cant find your world

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2018-11-07 21:15:40

Trytu

In Yo!Scroll it's much simpler - bot has some "blocks" for different game modes, and place them randomly with few rules, like bot has to place it in the right height, and if it (bot) go out of map, spawn block on the other side of map

you suggested to do it more adjustable and with bigger blocks
it doesn't seems like everybody-edits needs as much generating,
minecraft is like that, but everybody edits...
generating minis wouldn't be very good idea...

honestly for me, you suggested auto building levels, or i didn't understood you fully

btw the onliest thing i like in your suggestion is - clearing world would change thier subname as empty - because i hate that annoying thing, when i use a world and i'm not able to remove it from showing in my profile or world portal list, and that thing would make able to add the feature to hide it from your profile automaticly.

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Wooted by:

#4 2018-11-07 22:41:00

daneeko

oh come on, we dont need 2d minecraft, and also since when is it connection("b", layer, x, y, id) im pretty darn  sure it was and will be conn.Send("b", layer, x, y, id)

UzI5nBc.png

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2018-11-07 23:25:16

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Daneeko wrote:

since when is it connection("b", layer, x, y, id) im pretty darn  sure it was and will be conn.Send("b", layer, x, y, id)

Thanks for pointing out the least important thing about this suggestion. You know very well that's just an example of block sending. I don't know why he needed to bring it up though.

#6 2018-11-08 04:46:06

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

wait terrain generation?! Please don't tell me Perlin Noise will be involved

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#7 2018-11-08 13:31:59

daneeko

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

whats a berlin noise

UzI5nBc.png

#8 2018-11-08 15:49:04

Pingohits
Banned

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

hey guys! i looked up procedural generation and found a cool term that'll make me look smart! im gonna use it in my post and assert dominance when people ask what me what it means! (jokes on them, i dont either!)

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (5)

#9 2018-11-08 16:25:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Pingohits wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

hey guys! i looked up procedural generation and found a cool term that'll make me look smart! im gonna use it in my post and assert dominance when people ask what me what it means! (jokes on them, i dont either!)

I only recently learnt about perlin noise in college so it confused me that they were using it in this context. I assumed I just didn't understand it enough but your post explains my confusion.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#10 2018-11-09 03:12:28

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

sorry pingohits, but you were totally wrong

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Wooted by:
ILikeTofuuJoe1541729548731112

Board footer