Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-11-06 19:12:07

azurepudding

Re: "Jump Box" (Action Tool)

mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/3rc6hda.png

The first is how it acts when initially jumping into it, the second being how it acts if pressing up and jump, then next is right and jump, down and jump, then left and jump.  The yellow platforms don't necessarily need to be there since it's one directional jumping, unless the suggestion allows diagonal jumping.

well thats the best way to explain it but
seems like a bit too complex mechanic for a block, dont ya think?
are there any other action blocks in EE have a similar level of complexity?

Don't think so but don't think it's too complicated- as for jumping without a direction key held down, I'd say maybe instead of just dropping you, it should jump you in the direction of your current gravity effect.

mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

I genuinly (It's probably spelled wrong) don't understand what you mean with 'you don't need the platforms' and the 3 platforms. Look here I have an image of what happens
https://i.imgur.com/lKrYPhN.png
On the left you see what happens if you don't move and just press space with a block to jump off of and on the right it shows what happens if I go out of godmode while standing still on the spot and try jumping. (It went inside each other so I used different colors there.)

The first is how it acts when initially jumping into it, the second being how it acts if pressing up and jump, then next is right and jump, down and jump, then left and jump.  The yellow platforms don't necessarily need to be there since it's one directional jumping, unless the suggestion allows diagonal jumping.

Well without double jump or any kind how does removing the platform allow you to jump?

You'd be standing on a platform, the removed platform is the ceiling holding you in.

You said it's the 3 platforms being removed but then there's nothing to jump from if you remove the ceiling one and the other 3. 4-1-3=0 and you can't jump off of 0 blocks.

i said 3 platforms, not 4.  you can jump off of 4-3=1 platform.

Azure2.png

#27 2018-11-06 20:49:57, last edited by mikelolsuperman (2018-11-06 21:31:37)

mikelolsuperman
Website

azurepudding wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Don't think so but don't think it's too complicated- as for jumping without a direction key held down, I'd say maybe instead of just dropping you, it should jump you in the direction of your current gravity effect.

mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Well without double jump or any kind how does removing the platform allow you to jump?

You'd be standing on a platform, the removed platform is the ceiling holding you in.

You said it's the 3 platforms being removed but then there's nothing to jump from if you remove the ceiling one and the other 3. 4-1-3=0 and you can't jump off of 0 blocks.

No I mean there are 4 platforms, - 1 that is the one you'd go trough, then -3 for the 3 platforms. But what 3 platforms do you mean then?
Edit: I now understand it, minisaurus explained it to me in-game.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#28 2018-11-06 21:51:40

azurepudding

mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

mikelolsuperman wrote:

No I mean there are 4 platforms, - 1 that is the one you'd go trough, then -3 for the 3 platforms. But what 3 platforms do you mean then?
Edit: I now understand it, minisaurus explained it to me in-game.

oof

yeah that's not what i said.

Azure2.png

#29 2018-11-07 16:52:19

Minimania
Moderation Team

We should have this be a spiderweb... seems like a very likely thing to get tangled up in similar to the way this looks

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Minimania1541605939730903

Board footer