Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-03 04:01:31, last edited by Minisaurus (2018-11-03 09:03:34)

Minisaurus
Banned

Rotation tools

1° Enable slide rotation feature (On quick-bar & block selector):
Overview: The slide rotation allow the player to choose between rotation stage by click & movement of the mouse.
This is an option in Game-settings:
This feature allow the player to rotate the items by clicking it on the block selector or quick-bar.
This feature will open a eye-guidance for the player, so he know which rotation stage will be selected:
- The eye guidance will appear after the player click a rotable item, and disappear after the player release the click.
- The player must move the mouse to one direction (Up, Left, Right, Down) in order to get the desired rotation to be selected.
- The rotation does not require precise movements, only to move the mouse while clicking on the item in quick-bar or block selector and release the click.
- The eye guidance is centered on the item selected:
+ If quick-tool, will be placed over quick-tool selected item.
+ If placed in block selector, will be placed over block selector selected item.
Note: I think this idea would have its max utility on mobile devices, as it does not require precise taps for modifying rotation.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 
2° Rotation by keyboard:
This is an option in Game-settings:
This allow the player to rotate the selected item by pressing a pre-defined key.
This feature could have an additional feature, which allow the player to choose what keys will be used for quick rotation for each direction.
- This feature could have an inverted version, as the rotation given is reversed of stage.
- This feature would work very good with (2°) feature on this list, as the player have a visual preview of which direction was closed.
+ The eye guidance will be open after the player press a rotation key (If a rotable item is selected), and disappear after the player release the key for rotation.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

Image example:

Textual explanation for the image example:
- The eye guidance is centered on the item selected:
+ If quick-tool, will be placed over quick-tool selected item.
+ If placed in block selector, will be placed over block selector selected item.
- The 4 squares with spikes rotated are the rotations possible for that item and which direction:
+ If mouse slide rotation: Rotation will be selected depending of the movement of the mouse.
+ If keyboard rotation: Rotation will be selected depending of the rotate key pressed.

Double click on rotable items:
This action will open an additional bar with all rotations possible for the item, the player will be able to choose the rotation, dunno if this has been already on work, or already suggested, or it was discarded, I will add this idea to this list because it is not currently an in-game feature and have direct relation with this topic (Does not require image example on this topic).

Make the manual (Auto) rotation tool a Game-settings setting (The actual rotation feature on the game).
Sometimes you just don´t want to rotate a rotable item, just place some more near already placed ones, but the manual (auto) rotation tool rotate those by ¨accident¨.
This mean that the rotable items will be placed with a pre-selected direction made by the player.

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2018-11-03 05:25:24

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Re: Rotation tools

Too lazy to read but might be a little too complicated for starters.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#3 2018-11-03 09:50:43

MWstudios

Re: Rotation tools

My idea is to morph the blocks right in the selector so you can place the morphs multiple times and not morph every single deco (like in EEditor)

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-11-03 15:31:46

Anatoly