Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-18 11:57:53

peace

action preventers

ok you can come up wiht a better name idc

sooo basically when you place this bock you set what requiremtns you need ot have (team switch coins whatever) if you don thave the requirements you can get whats 1 block next to it for exmaple if oyu want a portal to only be enterable with yellow team but you dont wanna put team door ssince you dont want people to STAND on a door thewn you place this people can still walk through them but cant enter the portal this way you can alos create team only spikes or whatever bascialy these bclosk prevent an action to be done thats suroudne dby them unless oyu have meet the requirements if you yotouch for exmaple a toxic wihtint it you can still swim in the toxic IF the door is only placed on ONE side of the portal you stil lcan enter the portal if you walk form th eother side

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2018-10-18 14:20:44

mikelolsuperman
Website

Re: action preventers

So basically a team door, coin door  and switch? You can also put like a spike or fire or something for effects, or make it reachable with only a certain effect. Or just use team colors that you get while getting the effect.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#3 2018-10-18 14:25:55

peace

mikelolsuperman wrote:

So basically a team door, coin door  and switch? You can also put like a spike or fire or something for effects, or make it reachable with only a certain effect. Or just use team colors that you get while getting the effect.

no it only wokrs wiht the requirements we have right now for normal doors so deaths/coins/bcoins/teams/switches/Gswtiches/ect but the diffrence between this and doors is you can walk through this

peace.png

#4 2018-10-18 14:32:05

mikelolsuperman
Website

You can also walk trough the other doors. That's why they're doors.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#5 2018-10-18 14:40:49, last edited by Andymakeer (2018-10-18 14:41:28)

Andymakeer

mikelolsuperman wrote:

you did not understand (actually neither myself when i first read), its like this:

i have a portal and i want it to be only active if the player has X team

i can place a team door, but i don't want the player to be able to stand on the team door if he doesnt have the team

if he doesnt have the team, he will just go through this block and the portal without entering the portal

if he has the team, he goes through this block and enters the portal

yes, you can use spikes/boosts to prevent exploits, but thats thingamabob stuffs bothers some map builders (like myself btw)

F

Wooted by:

#6 2018-10-18 22:42:20

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-10-19 01:39:42

Onjit
Website

what if we took something that has two or three blocks and is extremely easy to read for the player

and replace it with one block that makes nearly zero sense to the player

yet again peace you astound me with your ingenuity

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#8 2018-10-19 02:57:12

XxAtillaxX

can we have an action preventer block to prevent action preventer blocks from preventing block actions

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#9 2018-10-19 09:42:35, last edited by peace (2018-10-19 09:45:00)

peace

XxAtillaxX wrote:

can we have an action preventer block to prevent action preventer blocks from preventing block actions

no idea why you need that oen thoguh then just dont place the action preventers at all?

EDIT:

yeha somethign like that you place these around the portal spike or whatever the hithign thats locke dinside cna be walke dover you cna wlk past the doors wihtotu anyprobalem if you have the requirement then the action isdie will happen (die, coin, portal, ect)

peace.png

#10 2018-10-20 22:08:20

mikelolsuperman
Website

Andymakeer wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

you did not understand (actually neither myself when i first read), its like this:

i can place a team door, but i don't want the player to be able to stand on the team door if he doesnt have the team

if he doesnt have the team, he will just go through this block and the portal without entering the portal

yes, you can use spikes/boosts to prevent exploits, but thats thingamabob stuffs bothers some map builders (like myself btw)

Oh so it's like a decoration unless you have x team or x amount of coins or x amount of deaths or anything?

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#11 2018-10-21 10:37:39

peace

mikelolsuperman wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

Oh so it's like a decoration unless you have x team or x amount of coins or x amount of deaths or anything?

it just prevents you to colledt the thign whatever is isnde them (or go thourgh portal) unless you have x team x coins x switch ect this fixes the problem having 4 closed doors aournd a portal where th eplayer cna stand on and breakign the world as you can wlk thorugh these 'doors' even wihtotu the requirements oyu only wont be able to collect or use whats aroudn the block

peace.png

#12 2018-10-24 14:40:35

AllenCaspe9510
Website

I Think i could call this a Rock Effect, cuz your immune to action blocks, well not really about my suggestion.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

AllenCaspe95101540388435729125

Board footer