Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-11 05:33:39, last edited by Nexus221 (2018-09-11 05:34:24)

Nexus221
Website

Diagonal Gravity Effect

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#2 2018-09-11 05:53:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Diagonal Gravity Effect

No.
It's the same problem as with ramps/sloped blocks
Quit it with the 45° stuff

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2018-09-11 06:14:51

azurepudding

Diagonal dots too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Azure2.png

#4 2018-09-11 07:01:47

mikelolsuperman
Website

TaskManager wrote:

No.
It's the same problem as with ramps/sloped blocks
Quit it with the 45° stuff

What do you mean with problem? Bercause of the hitbox being hard to make?

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#5 2018-09-11 14:46:55

Fairy
Banned

Imagine how it will look in the game's world that is divided into squares, it will be uttermost delirium.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 2018-09-11 16:54:26

peace

this is already suggetsed by anatoly he wanted diagonal arrows and i dont see hwow this is imposs? you can already recreate this by going left and down youself at same time only queation is what happnes if you touch a wall whilt on that arrow will you jump diagnolay then fall back? and if you have for example left+down and you touch a wall on the left will you fall down? an dhow fast? will you be able to climb back up or is the force strong enough to not allows you to?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#7 2018-09-11 17:41:55

Anatoly

peace wrote:

this is already suggetsed by anatoly he wanted diagonal arrows and i dont see hwow this is imposs? you can already recreate this by going left and down youself at same time only queation is what happnes if you touch a wall whilt on that arrow will you jump diagnolay then fall back? and if you have for example left+down and you touch a wall on the left will you fall down? an dhow fast? will you be able to climb back up or is the force strong enough to not allows you to?

well obviously if you touch a block the same happens like when with right+down with no gravity effect hitting into a diagonal array of basic blocks, so it's not really a problem

#8 2018-09-11 20:06:07

Andymakeer

hold down and right into a corner

then jump

you will not jump diagonally to the up-left

problem solved, so no diagonal gravity

F

#9 2018-09-11 21:34:28

azurepudding

I'd think sloped blocks would come before diagonal arrows and gravity, tbh.  Without slopes, diagonal arrows could do fine enough in the air, but become an issue when pointed diagonally towards the ground, because that effectively makes whole tiles as if they were sloped tiles.  Imagine being in the corner of a square, it would be the same as having normal gravity and being stuck in a V hole of slopes.  So slope physics would be needed alongside the implementation of diagonal arrows, which I hear isn't an easy thing to do.  Would running up slopes provide some movement resistance?  Would you slowly slide down if not pressing any keys?  Would you descend faster down a slope?  And then there's an issue of lining arrows along these blocks, because half of the tile will still be under normal gravity.  There'd be gaps of normal gravity on every block.

They could be used for mid-air travel, but a combination of up and side arrows do the job fair enough, I think.

Azure2.png

#10 2018-09-12 06:03:00

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

i had this idea earlier but i was like meh useless

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#11 2018-09-12 15:04:49

peace

azurepudding wrote:

I'd think sloped blocks would come before diagonal arrows and gravity, tbh.  Without slopes, diagonal arrows could do fine enough in the air, but become an issue when pointed diagonally towards the ground, because that effectively makes whole tiles as if they were sloped tiles.  Imagine being in the corner of a square, it would be the same as having normal gravity and being stuck in a V hole of slopes.  So slope physics would be needed alongside the implementation of diagonal arrows, which I hear isn't an easy thing to do.  Would running up slopes provide some movement resistance?  Would you slowly slide down if not pressing any keys?  Would you descend faster down a slope?  And then there's an issue of lining arrows along these blocks, because half of the tile will still be under normal gravity.  There'd be gaps of normal gravity on every block.

They could be used for mid-air travel, but a combination of up and side arrows do the job fair enough, I think.

diagonal gravity is like falling down while hosing > or <

peace.png

#12 2018-09-12 15:28:43, last edited by azurepudding (2018-09-12 15:30:27)

azurepudding

peace wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

diagonal gravity is like falling down while hosing > or <

Yes, but notice how these two occurrences are practically the same, to the smiley's perspective:

oi2QHoz.png

Need diagonal slope physics before diagonal arrows.  Diagonal arrows need slope physics to work.

Edit: And in the first example there, if smileys would be able to climb up slopes, would you need to press right or up?  Or left or down?

Azure2.png

#13 2018-09-12 18:03:54

peace

on left obv you woiould need to pres sup to go up if poss

peace.png

#14 2018-09-13 05:06:07

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

which keys the player presses should depend on the smiley's perspective

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

ILikeTofuuJoe1536811567724416

Board footer