Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-04 18:55:59

Anatoly

New: RPG Mode!

I know this has been suggested and denied many times, but if you think good and detailed it might get more understandable then funny and ironic.

Zombie System

First of all - a client sided "bot". Or let's call it an automatic intellect, well even AI doesn't really fit here.

AI Zombies - Spawn

Block: IK1HsaN.png (can only be seen during god mode with edit access).
Shop: 5000 eT1Oo2M.png (+1), 20 wmHc47u.png (+3)
Data: [0] Spawn Id, [1] Amount, [2] SpeedEffect, [3] JumpEffect, [4], DoubleJumps, [5] Gravity, [6] CanFly,
You can specify (1) the amount of spawned zombies for that block and (2-6) their abilities. (0) is the id of the spawn because there will be some buttons in game which will be able to spawn/kill all zombies from the spawners

AI Zombies - Enable/Disable Spawn

Blocks: vzNSZfz.png
Shop: 2500 eT1Oo2M.png (+1), 5 wmHc47u.png (+2)
Data: [0] Spawn Id
This button is disabled on start. Once you enable it, all spawns with the same spawn id will release their zombies. Once you deactivate the switch, all zombies will be immediately killed from that spawn id.

AI Zombie

Player: AXHRfaQ.png
Shop: 1000 eT1Oo2M.png (Maximum: +10 for any world), 10 wmHc47u.png (Maximum: +10 for any world)
Data: Depends from spawn.
The sum of zombies of each enabled spawn per world. So if the zombie limit is 10, but a spawn has 11, it will only spawn 10 zombies. If you have a spawn with 5 zombies, and activate it, then activate a spawn with 6 zombies, it will only spawn 5. If you have another spawns, they won't spawn anything. if you disable the first spawn, the second will get the last 6th zombie and the new spawners may spawn! Zombies are automatically attacking players that are 10 blocks closely. if you have read this post in order, you will notice that currently you can only run away from the zombies. Later in this post you will see some specials, which can defeat zombies. Zombie doors are automatically activated, so you can keep the zombies. They can also enter portals, but they also aware lava!

Collectables System

New collectables, which are here actually created for this RPG mode, can also be used as another way of currency!

Diamonds

View: UiizH1h.png
Shop: 100 eT1Oo2M.png (+1), 5 wmHc47u.png (+1)
Data: [0] Amount
You may specify (0) to be any value between -999 and +999. 0 represents infinity. If a player touches this block he will get (0) diamonds, it will be seen on the top right of the playing screen. This is very useful for bots as, because the amount of total diamonds may get pretty high values, players can see client-sided how much "bot-coins" they have without spamming the chat with !coins.
Commands:
/givediamonds USER AMOUNT or /gd Gives USER diamonds where AMOUNT specifies how much they get.
/seediamonds USER or /sd Sends you, the world-owner, the amount of diamonds USER has.

Diamond Doors
Block: j8AJLFF.png
Shop: 1000 eT1Oo2M.png (+10), 15 wmHc47u.png (+5)
Data: [0] Amount
Pretty explainable.

Temporary Checkpoint
Block: OEv2zd6.png
Shop: -- (should be only obtained in an easy campaign level with the normal checkpoints. If you have the normal checkpoints you'll also get these.)
Data: [0] Active
A temporary checkpoint can be activated parallel with a fixed checkpoint. The use of these checkpoints will be explained below

One more life
Block: uHB7CJC.png
Shop: 100 eT1Oo2M.png, 5 wmHc47u.png
Data: --
Gives you one more life. If you touch a hazard or die after zombie timer is over, your deaths count won't be updated and you will be reseted to the last "Temporary checkpoint". Then one of your extra lies will be taken. If you have 0 extra lives after this action you will be rested to the last fixed checkpoint (it also has a white circle inside the circle). Once this block gets touched it disappears, like coins.

Items

Now as we have RPG with zombies, and with players against players, we need to have different abilities! Correct! Player Statistics!

Statistics Set
Block: Z3xORhS.png (I had no idea what item to use)
Shop: -- Complete the Tutorials campaign to get??
Stats:

• Gun Damage 0-99 Points (Shooting with gun gives so much damage; 0 means no gun)

• Sword Damage 0-999 Points (When being with sword, so much damage; 0 means no sword)

• Defense 1-99 Points (Protections: Lowers the total damage. Minimal damage is 1 point, if protection is higher then damage.)

• Life Points 1-9999 Points (Total life points for RPG. When it equals 0, one heart will be taken, but life reset, and moved to last temporary checkpoint, if you have no hearts you will lose this statistics and will be reset by last checkpoint.)

• Weapon Radius 1-35 Blocks (The gun can shoot up to this amount of blocks)

• Dead Radius 1-35 Blocks (by default: 3) (If shoot will appear in less then N blocks, the damage will be doubled.)

• Sword-Hit Radius 1-35 Block (by default: 3) (The sword can only hit the opponent if he is less then n blocks close.)

Statistics will be actually the RPG values when enabled. Gold Members or Beta Members (temporary but great) can give any value to the statistics

RPG Server
Block: vVfB3qg.png
Shop: -- Complete the Tutorials campaign to get??
Data: Note! This block can have the values of 0-9 (in one world only 10 servers). You can select in total up to 3 switch id's. It is local for you. The reason why I decided to only allow 10 servers is because I thought server wouldn't be able to handle more, so I don't know...
Once you have received your statistics, you can interact with players, which have the same server enabled. In other words, if you have switch 2 enabled, you can fight with any player who also has switch 2 enabled. R - gun shoot, T - sword shoot. Switch 0 is legendary - it allows you to use your statistics with client-sided zombies.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-08-04 19:30:32

peace

Re: New: RPG Mode!

nice but needs more information and should be carefully expliaoned and carrewfully coded (for reebot only i supose

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2018-08-04 19:40:43

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

First of all, I don't understand why some people spend so much time writing all the specific stuff such as energy/gem pricing and shop descriptions in their suggestions. Even if staff will implement your idea, they will choose pricing, shop description etc etc aka etc based on their understanding of the game and balance and ****

Second, AI zombies is just a HUGE "no". How do you think the zombies are going to navigate around the level to chase the player? This would need a navigation system with an additional "AI Path Node" block at the very least, which would need it's own layer by the way to become placeable on ladders, in water and such.

Third, Collectables system. Been suggested a lot, I say I'd rather name it "Points" or something, names like "Diamonds" are slightly narrow-themed, whereas "Points" is a more generic name. Also we already have a diamond block. What's the point of "0" representing infinity? If the player gets infinite currency, that literally devalues the entire system.

Fourth, Temp CPs/"One more life". Just why? Why have two separate checkpoint systems? The usage of "One more life" thingy is quite narrow, instead in these few rare occasions where one actually needs a system like this, it could be replaced with a bunch of switches.

Anatoly wrote:

Gun Damage

Can you please change the color of these things, it's hard to read thank you
Also guns and swords and health points again? come on..

Anatoly wrote:

Switch 0 is legendary - it allows you to use your statistics with client-sided zombies.

??? I don't understand this
The whole RPG server part sounds confusing and would be possibly difficult to grasp for players

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (5)

#4 2018-08-04 22:22:03

Minimania
Moderation Team

Some parts of this suggestion are confusing to me, but as someone who actually liked the human vs zombies maps, I think if I can understand this more I could find a lot of uses for this. I like the suggestion so far, at least the parts I do understand.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#5 2018-08-04 23:02:37

MWstudios

Was EE ever supposed to be a RPG game

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#6 2018-08-05 01:08:16

minam

Actually, placeable smileys were going to the thing, but then decided that smileys were players, and not just objects.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

minam1533427696718165

Board footer