Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-25 01:35:57, last edited by Minimania (2019-05-22 19:52:20)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Random Effect

HG Made a newer looking graphic for this effect since the color yellow is already taken. Credits to HG.
Ykm9PsB.png

unknown.png

Old Version:

Hidden text

Upon touching the random effect, you will be given any of the following boons/ailments for a limited duration:

- Low Jump
- High Jump
- Hover
- Speed
- Low Gravity
- Protection
- Curse
- Zombie
- Double Jump
- No Jump

Upon clicking the random effect before placing it down, there will be a few inputs that you can make:

1. You can select how many of the above random effects will be given to the player. 1 will be the default for this variable.
2. You can select which of the above random effects the Random Effect block you are placing down is allowed to give. For example, if you "uncheck" Curse from the ability checklist, the Random Effect you place down will not give the player the Curse effect regardless of how many times they touch it.
3. You can select how long you wish for any effects granted by the Random Effect to last. Input 0 will allow for an infinite duration.
4. Enable/Disable. The disable option will remove a random effect(s) from a player that touches it except for fire (from lava) up to the number you input for option 1, and limited by the checklist from option 2.
5. You can select what happens when you touch the random effect multiple times.
a. Stack - Touching the effect multiple times gives you more and more effects until there are no more to gain.
b. Swap - Touching the effect multiple times gives you some effects that replace effects originally granted by the effect.
c. Nothing - Touching the effect multiple times does nothing until the effects you have already gained from it have worn off.

EDIT: Closing this topic. If you have questions on how this works, go ahead and ask away in my main graphics topic.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#2 2018-07-25 02:55:30

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Re: Random Effect

Great idea. People can totally make mystery effects by unchecking everything except for one. But what should happen if you uncheck everything? Will it turn into disable?

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#3 2018-07-25 03:33:36

Minimania
Moderation Team

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Great idea. People can totally make mystery effects by unchecking everything except for one. But what should happen if you uncheck everything? Will it turn into disable?

I don't know why somebody would uncheck everything, but I assume at that point it would just give no effect

21cZxBv.png

#4 2018-07-25 03:47:10

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

I dont know why but I just haad an idea of these effects be useful in mario worlds

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
#Joe Griffin
Signature

#5 2018-07-25 03:51:36

Minimania
Moderation Team

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

I dont know why but I just haad an idea of these effects be useful in mario worlds

That was my indirect inspiration for this, actually.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#6 2018-07-25 12:33:00

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I doubt a random effect would have many usages gameplay wise, it is hard to design a mini that would fit for players with various effects

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#7 2018-07-25 15:38:01

peace

whatwould happen if you touch it multiply times?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#8 2018-07-25 20:53:41

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:

I doubt a random effect would have many usages gameplay wise, it is hard to design a mini that would fit for players with various effects

If you're worried that it gives off too many effects, first, simply remove some of the effects it can possibly give from the checklist. Secondly, just because something is hard to implement (at least according to you) does not mean it has no usage in gameplay. The way I envisioned this effect to be used most is in simple platform racing, Mario like worlds or worlds with similar setups to that, to allow people to race against each other to get to the finish quicker.

peace wrote:

whatwould happen if you touch it multiply times?

The way I had originally envisioned this is you would gain even more effects, but I realize in simple levels this would probably need some kind of nerf, so I think this could call for another selection upon placing it.

1. Stack - Touching the effect multiple times gives you more and more effects until there are no more to gain.
2. Swap - Touching the effect multiple times gives you some effects that replace effects originally granted by the effect.
3. Nothing - Touching the effect multiple times does nothing until the effects you have already gained from it have worn off.

21cZxBv.png

#9 2018-07-25 21:26:19

peace

minimania wrote:

The way I had originally envisioned this is you would gain even more effects, but I realize in simple levels this would probably need some kind of nerf, so I think this could call for another selection upon placing it.

1. Stack - Touching the effect multiple times gives you more and more effects until there are no more to gain.
2. Swap - Touching the effect multiple times gives you some effects that replace effects originally granted by the effect.
3. Nothing - Touching the effect multiple times does nothing until the effects you have already gained from it have worn off.

i mean in some levels you just wlak thorugh a line that gives you a single ffect wiht a remove before it but if oyu just place this effect and someone thigns yoloy i walk thorhg it multiply times to get max effects

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2018-07-25 22:55:08

Minimania
Moderation Team

peace wrote:
minimania wrote:

i mean in some levels you just wlak thorugh a line that gives you a single ffect wiht a remove before it but if oyu just place this effect and someone thigns yoloy i walk thorhg it multiply times to get max effects

If you walk through a single Random Effect, you will get random effects set at the owner's discretion. If you walk through multiple Random Effects in succession, different things will happen depending on whether they chose Stack, Swap, or Nothing. If you would like to get rid of all effects of a person, put in the following settings.

1. Ten (or the maximum number of effects possible)
2. Make sure the entire effect checklist is all checked.
3. Input 0
4. Disable.
5. Nothing.

21cZxBv.png

#11 2018-07-25 22:55:42

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

minimania wrote:

If you're worried that it gives off too many effects, first, simply remove some of the effects it can possibly give from the checklist. Secondly, just because something is hard to implement (at least according to you) does not mean it has no usage in gameplay. The way I envisioned this effect to be used most is in simple platform racing, Mario like worlds or worlds with similar setups to that, to allow people to race against each other to get to the finish quicker.

honestly if such competitive platform racing is the only application for this effect then why not simply use a bunch of portals with the desired effects? i still dont find many usages for this tbh

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#12 2018-07-25 22:58:33

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:
minimania wrote:

honestly if such competitive platform racing is the only application for this effect then why not simply use a bunch of portals with the desired effects? i still dont find many usages for this tbh

It doesn't really have to be just competitive platform racing, I was just implying that that would be the use I see that fits it the most. You could just add things like these to regular worlds, like campaign worlds, and they could function as an "item box" of sorts, akin to how question mark blocks work in Mario games.

In addition, such an effect like this will compress such systems and allow for a single Disable effect to Disable all effects at once.

21cZxBv.png

#13 2018-07-26 05:19:18

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

RANDOM EFFECT PARKOUR COMING RIGHT UP

#Joe Griffin
Signature

ILikeTofuuJoe1532578758716186

Board footer