Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-26 18:11:29

John

Re: EGG QUEST II HELP

LukeM wrote:

I dont think the change from PlayerIO will do much for the efficiency of the game, its more so that they can design their systems in a way that will be less prone to problems, and possibly allow for more features.
The speed increase will probably be more from the transition from Flash to HTML5, although this will only go so far, they still need to put in quite a bit of effort to ensure they are writing efficient code that will run well on computers with lower specs.

Yeah it's going to be a lot better. (provided it happens)

Vitalijus wrote:

It's sad that they won't use P.IO anymore. As far as we know they said they will host the servers themselves. This means the FPS issues will be fixed, but connection problems will appear.

PlayerIO (or self hosted servers) have nothing to do about the FPS of the game...

PW?scale=2

#27 2018-06-26 18:39:17

Vitalijus
Website

John wrote:
LukeM wrote:

I dont think the change from PlayerIO will do much for the efficiency of the game, its more so that they can design their systems in a way that will be less prone to problems, and possibly allow for more features.
The speed increase will probably be more from the transition from Flash to HTML5, although this will only go so far, they still need to put in quite a bit of effort to ensure they are writing efficient code that will run well on computers with lower specs.

Yeah it's going to be a lot better. (provided it happens)

Vitalijus wrote:

It's sad that they won't use P.IO anymore. As far as we know they said they will host the servers themselves. This means the FPS issues will be fixed, but connection problems will appear.

PlayerIO (or self hosted servers) have nothing to do about the FPS of the game...

What? I was talking about ping (MS) not fps.

wn7I7Oa.png

#28 2018-06-26 23:41:29, last edited by P788 (2018-06-26 23:42:38)

P788

Kira wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
HG wrote:

If you're unable to easily complete hook jumps, you should go back to the Tutorial campaign.

i've beaten some hard and extreme levels.

I would rather play them again than play Egg Quest 2 again.  There is difficulty, and there is bad design.  They are two different things (though are often paired together).  Hookjumps fall under bad design, especially when there are multiple stacked on each other.  What next, an "easy-medium" world with 10 consecutive hovers, where failure restarts you to the first one? no.

Sorry what? Your opinion is subjective and hook jumps are by no means 'bad design'.

Egg Quest II introduce the hooks in a great manner, there are multiple challenges with them, and on top of that, they are at the end of the level. The whole level's difficulty curve is respected, and the general gameplay is very fun to play, yes, even these hooks.

Hook jumps are usually bad design because they aren't used in a good design, simply.

"I've beaten some hard and extreme levels. I would rather play them again than play Egg Quest 2 again"

Now that's just some pure hatred for the level. 10 hooks jumps in a 300x300, and suddenly the whole level becomes crap, that's some good judgement here.

The hookjumps being introduced "in a great manner" is a lie (masking them as trees does not improve the hookjumps, they're still hookjumps) and is not a reason for them being good design.
   Neither is having "multiple challenges with them", which is super incorrect (1000 hookjumps are not super better than 1 hookjump), and hookjumps being "at the end of the level (8 hours of playing and then playing hookjumps is not better than hookjumps and 8 hours of playing or any other combination in between).
   The "difficulty curve" being "respected" doesn't have anything with you saying that hookjumps are great design.
Hookjumps being "used in a good design" doesn't make them good design (hookjumps are still hookjumps, just scrambled in the middle of a mini).

I don't get the fact that because the theoretical average of a level is good, bad minis are discarded, and the same for the average of a mini and bad elements being discarded. You think that the mean is the one-get-all argument for everything, and the rest is junk.

And why are hookjumps "very fun to play"???

Wooted by: (2)

#29 2018-06-27 01:06:25, last edited by Joeyc (2018-06-27 01:06:54)

Joeyc

P788 wrote:
Kira wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
HG wrote:

If you're unable to easily complete hook jumps, you should go back to the Tutorial campaign.

I would rather play them again than play Egg Quest 2 again.  There is difficulty, and there is bad design.  They are two different things (though are often paired together).  Hookjumps fall under bad design, especially when there are multiple stacked on each other.  What next, an "easy-medium" world with 10 consecutive hovers, where failure restarts you to the first one? no.

Sorry what? Your opinion is subjective and hook jumps are by no means 'bad design'.

Egg Quest II introduce the hooks in a great manner, there are multiple challenges with them, and on top of that, they are at the end of the level. The whole level's difficulty curve is respected, and the general gameplay is very fun to play, yes, even these hooks.

Hook jumps are usually bad design because they aren't used in a good design, simply.

"I've beaten some hard and extreme levels. I would rather play them again than play Egg Quest 2 again"

Now that's just some pure hatred for the level. 10 hooks jumps in a 300x300, and suddenly the whole level becomes crap, that's some good judgement here.

The hookjumps being introduced "in a great manner" is a lie (masking them as trees does not improve the hookjumps, they're still hookjumps) and is not a reason for them being good design.
   Neither is having "multiple challenges with them", which is super incorrect (1000 hookjumps are not super better than 1 hookjump), and hookjumps being "at the end of the level (8 hours of playing and then playing hookjumps is not better than hookjumps and 8 hours of playing or any other combination in between).
   The "difficulty curve" being "respected" doesn't have anything with you saying that hookjumps are great design.
Hookjumps being "used in a good design" doesn't make them good design (hookjumps are still hookjumps, just scrambled in the middle of a mini).

I don't get the fact that because the theoretical average of a level is good, bad minis are discarded, and the same for the average of a mini and bad elements being discarded. You think that the mean is the one-get-all argument for everything, and the rest is junk.

he's purposely trying to defend the level yet he's not even the one who made it. yet you're just being lured by his post into making you post.

#30 2018-06-27 01:15:26, last edited by P788 (2018-06-27 01:17:05)

P788

Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kira wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
HG wrote:

he's purposely trying to defend the level yet he's not even the one who made it. yet you're just being lured by his post into making you post.

You do not have to be the author of a level to defend it.
I can see he could be trolling, but I think he's not doing it... Do you have more instances where he was a troll?

#31 2018-06-27 01:17:27, last edited by Joeyc (2018-06-27 01:19:10)

Joeyc

Kira is known for troll posts though. Especially since the arguments make no sense...

"Egg Quest II Introduces hooks in a great manner" (not)
Hooks are just a filler to say the level ran out of idea's

#32 2018-06-27 01:24:54

P788

Joeyc wrote:

Kira is known for troll posts though. Especially since the arguments make no sense...

In his last 30 days of posting, I did not find anything similar, his joke posts were really obvious. If this one is trolling, it's really different from a joke post. Do you have other posts other than considering that one a joke?

#33 2018-06-27 01:26:25

Joeyc

P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

In his last 30 days of posting, I did not find anything similar, his joke posts were really obvious. If this one is trolling, it's really different from a joke post. Do you have other posts other than considering that one a joke?

joke post and troll posts same thing.

#34 2018-06-27 01:27:57, last edited by P788 (2018-06-27 01:37:16)

P788

Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

I used them as synonyms. I meant "it's really different from one of his joke posts".

Also answer the question I had on my post.

#35 2018-06-27 01:39:26

Joeyc

P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

I used them as synonyms. I meant "it's really different from one of his joke posts".

im not gonna hunt every forum page for the purposely trying to get attention posts.

#36 2018-06-27 01:43:28

P788

Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

im not gonna hunt every forum page for the purposely trying to get attention posts.

You said he already had made such posts, so you must have had some memory of his posts. You are going to be better at finding them than me.

If you have to hunt every forum page for his joke posts, then chances are he's not trolling.

#37 2018-06-27 01:44:28

Joeyc

P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:

You said he already had made such posts, so you must have had some memory of his posts. You are going to be better at finding them than me.

If you have to hunt every forum page for his joke posts, then chances are he's not trolling.

he doesn't take the posts seriously //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#38 2018-06-27 02:09:20

P788

Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

he doesn't take the posts seriously //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

I've seen 6 months of his posts. There's posts were he was serious, and others were he was clearly joking. I didn't see any in-between.

Please post proof of when did he post in a not clearly joking way.

#39 2018-06-27 02:15:13

Raphe9000

P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:

I've seen 6 months of his posts. There's posts were he was serious, and others were he was clearly joking. I didn't see any in-between.

Maybe it's so unclear nobody knows.

#40 2018-06-27 02:19:52

P788

Raphe9000 wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
P788 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

Maybe it's so unclear nobody knows.

I did not find any post where it wasn't clear whether it was one thing or the other. (In these 6 months)

#41 2018-06-27 02:21:59

Joeyc

P788 wrote:

I can see he could be trolling, but I think he's not doing it...

Joeyc1530062519711510

Board footer