Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-05-30 10:06:56

Zumza

Re: ATTN: Xeno - General Data Protection Regulation and EE

http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/co … dex_en.htm

A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
persistent cookie which remains on the user's computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.

Evaluate for each cookie if informed consent is required or not:
first‑party session cookies DO NOT require informed consent.
first‑party persistent cookies DO require informed consent. Use only when strictly necessary. The expiry period must not exceed one year.
all third‑party session and persistent cookies require informed consent. These cookies should not be used on EUROPA sites, as the data collected may be transferred beyond the EU's legal jurisdiction.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#52 2018-05-30 18:26:00

XxAtillaxX

Zumza wrote:

http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/co … dex_en.htm

A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
persistent cookie which remains on the user's computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.

Evaluate for each cookie if informed consent is required or not:
first‑party session cookies DO NOT require informed consent.
first‑party persistent cookies DO require informed consent. Use only when strictly necessary. The expiry period must not exceed one year.
all third‑party session and persistent cookies require informed consent. These cookies should not be used on EUROPA sites, as the data collected may be transferred beyond the EU's legal jurisdiction.

“This shall not prevent any technical storage or access for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide the service.”

It's an exception and is directly applicable to first-party persistent cookies strictly necessary for authentication purposes, and the user is presented with a logout button so as they are able to choose whether to accept the persistent cookie or not.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#53 2018-05-30 20:10:30, last edited by Zumza (2018-05-30 20:11:39)

Zumza

They are not informed of them. Which is against the GDPR.

I don't know where you've quoted that paragraph from, it seems to be from some kind of court decision(from 21 December 2016), which was used for a preliminary ruling and was not the final decision.

#54 2018-06-04 00:04:36

Helvi

Where is the option to revoke my descission? It is required according to EU law - and since you offer your services to EU citizen you gotta follow this law https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Hi.

#55 2018-06-04 00:18:07

Different55
Forum Admin

Doesn't the ability to send a message saying "Hey my dude can you nuke my stuff?" fill that requirement?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#56 2018-06-04 13:47:47

Helvi

Different55 wrote:

Doesn't the ability to send a message saying "Hey my dude can you nuke my stuff?" fill that requirement?

Nope. This is insufficient. Sending an email provides more personal information while asking to remove them. Kinda wonky.
Please provide a button so I can click "Revoke my descission".

Hi.

#57 2018-06-04 14:25:36

Different55
Forum Admin

Message, not email. PMs exist.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#58 2018-06-04 14:43:18

Zumza

Depends on what kind of decision you're talking about. If it's about cookie storing, a link to an article on how to delete cookies, would be in my opinion sufficient.

Zumza1528119798708723

Board footer