Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-05-29 22:55:22

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

Re: Answering Questions Regarding the Everybody Edits Reboot

jackomix wrote:

My question is could you optimize the game?

this is what the rEEboot is all about

tl;dr the flash code is so messy, unmaintainable and utter **** ( and flash is going out in 2020 ) that the EE staff is just throwing up the table and starting EE from scratch.

thus, the rEEboot will basically be the optimization of the game itself

#77 2018-05-29 22:59:03, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-29 23:00:58)

LukeM
Website

Sqwairle wrote:

Unity was a reboot for EE?

I don't know Unity, but looks like the reboot could be like Unity, never gonna be released

Unity was the original plan for the reboot, but since then they have decided to move to HTML5 as Unity has been losing support in browsers.

And I have high hopes for the new reboot, it seems like they are pretty serious about doing it right this time, although I guess it is still possible that it could go the way of UnitEE...

#78 2018-05-29 23:03:04, last edited by N1KF (2018-05-29 23:07:26)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

jackomix wrote:

(This question has probably been already asked but...) Will you release the flash code so people could keep the old version up? While it might be dumb for someone to rehost it there really won't be a need to keep the flash file.

Just so you know, the Flash file itself can already be downloaded and reprogrammed by anybody. The server (which is what handles user data, world data, connections, and a few other things) is what handles the private code, I think.

Wooted by:

#79 2018-05-29 23:06:03

SirJosh3917

N1KF wrote:
jackomix wrote:

(This question has probably been already asked but...) Will you release the flash code so people could keep the old version up? While it might be dumb for someone to rehost it there really won't be a need to keep the flash file.

Just so you know, the Flash file itself can already be downloaded and reprogrammed by anybody. The server (which is what handles user data, world data, connections, and a few other things) is what handles the private code, I think.

you're 100% right; but, the people who download the flash file and edit it ( using JPEXS FFDEC ) are basically dealing with a decompiled version of the swf. It'd be easier to edit it if they gave up the source code of it and to recompile it.

#80 2018-05-29 23:07:32, last edited by N1KF (2018-05-29 23:08:56)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

LukeM wrote:

Unity was the original plan for the reboot, but since then they have decided to move to HTML5 as Unity has been losing support in browsers.

I'm pretty sure HTML5 was originally planned for web browsers, alongside Unity which would be for downloads and mobile devices. If that's the case, then they haven't cancelled UnitEE at all—they just got new plans to make it a reboot. Whoops.

#81 2018-05-29 23:21:46

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:
LukeM wrote:

I'm pretty sure HTML5 was originally planned for web browsers, alongside Unity which would be for downloads and mobile devices. If that's the case, then they haven't cancelled UnitEE at all—they just got new plans to make it a reboot. Whoops.

Oh yes, forgot to mention that, pure Unity was the original plan iirc during the short unity craze where lots of browsers supported it, after that Unity added a feature where you could transpile to WebGL which they planned on using. The new plan is to either use HTML5 directly or to use a transpiled language which is designed to be used with web apps, which should mean that it runs better and is better supported.

#82 2018-05-30 08:13:42

Anatoly

Where can I play EE after closure?

#83 2018-05-30 08:47:50

LukeM
Website

Anatoly wrote:

everybodyedits.com //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
I'm assuming that's where the new version of EE will be put.

#84 2018-05-30 11:18:09

Anatoly

LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

But where can I play the original version?

#85 2018-05-30 11:18:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Anatoly wrote:
LukeM wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Play the shiny new better one instead!

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#86 2018-05-30 12:01:54

Gosha

Anatoly wrote:

Read the whole topic please. It clearly states that ee will be closed with no way to play it again

Wooted by: (3)

#87 2018-05-30 12:39:25

peace

Gosha wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Read the whole topic please. It clearly states that ee will be closed with no way to play it again

he means the new ee where will you put it in a new site?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#88 2018-05-30 12:40:28, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2018-05-30 12:43:21)

SirJosh3917

Gosha wrote:

peace wrote:

giphy.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#89 2018-05-30 12:41:18

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

Anatoly wrote:

nope

#90 2018-05-30 17:14:37

John

there always is the classic version: classic.everybodyedits.com

PW?scale=2

#91 2018-05-30 17:35:09

LukeM
Website

John wrote:

Does that use the free PlayerIO plan then or is it under the same one as normal EE? If the latter then wouldn't that mean it would be cancelled too?

#92 2018-05-30 17:50:13

hummerz5

LukeM wrote:
John wrote:

Does that use the free PlayerIO plan then or is it under the same one as normal EE? If the latter then wouldn't that mean it would be cancelled too?

based on what's been discussed, it should be entirely possible to keep that one alive. After all, there's no payvault, bigdb, etc. As detested as they are, "remakes," or at least rehosted old versions of EE, aren't impossible to build, especially at that level. It'd be an easy option

#93 2018-05-30 18:38:28

John

yeah it's using the free plan

PW?scale=2

#94 2018-06-01 06:15:24

Anatoly

Will there be Rooms, Worlds, Levels and Minigames? Or do you plan to make the name being everywhere the same?

#95 2018-06-01 14:36:36

peace

will the reboot have switches like here so peole can cary over their nice switch based levels? those are sometimes very rpic ot play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

peace.png

#96 2018-06-02 13:05:55

kreacher

mrjawapa wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

Right now, searching for "EE" or "EBE" on Google really doesn't bring up anything to do with Everybody Edits for many pages

Sounds like a webcrawler issue?

no its probably just because ee is also a multimillionaire telcom company compared to a not so popular online game.

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#97 2018-06-08 23:41:46

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Anatoly wrote:

Will there be Rooms, Worlds, Levels and Minigames? Or do you plan to make the name being everywhere the same?

Aren't Rooms, Worlds, and Levels the same thing? Naturally, of course there will be Worlds (and most likely still be called Worlds) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - If people make minigames, of course there will be minigames!

peace wrote:

will the reboot have switches like here so peole can cary over their nice switch based levels? those are sometimes very rpic ot play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Nothing's decided for sure in regards to switches, but right now, at least Purple Switches, or a similar form, are planned for the reboot. Probably won't include the purple minimap colour though.

Xenonetix-2.png

#98 2018-06-09 09:59:36

peace

Xenonetix wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Aren't Rooms, Worlds, and Levels the same thing? Naturally, of course there will be Worlds (and most likely still be called Worlds) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - If people make minigames, of course there will be minigames!

peace wrote:

Nothing's decided for sure in regards to switches, but right now, at least Purple Switches, or a similar form, are planned for the reboot. Probably won't include the purple minimap colour though.

you could add the oranges too becaue im making a chess level with switches (not sure if poss because im recently a bit stuck wiht it but hey i try //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile ) and for sure it doesnt have to look liek the same because maby you don tlike a square switch that when touched clors it center but atleast add the concept of hitting a block to open  doors and hitting again tto close and maby the reeboot allows more rhen 1K posisble ids and it would be ncie havign them the same block id as its easier to carry these wordls over so the numbers on the switches could stay same

peace.png

#99 2018-06-09 10:55:08

LukeM
Website

IMO you should try to add a small collection of action blocks that allow you to build more complicated systems with them, off the top of my head these would be:

• Single player togglable doors / gates (e.g. purple switches)

• Multi player togglable doors / gates (e.g. orange switches)

• Some sort of timing block that doesn't require you to stay in a system (e.g. keys but preferably customisable durations and maybe more than 6)

• A way of transporting players (e.g. portals)

• A way to single out players (e.g. crowns, but preferably something else so crowns can still be used as intended)

Everything other than that is optional imo, as although some simplifying features would be nice (e.g. checkpoints, coins, timed doors, teams, death doors), you can simulate them with the other features so they aren't strictly needed.

#100 2018-06-09 11:57:39, last edited by Mait (2018-06-09 11:59:06)

Mait

peace wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

peace wrote:

you could add the oranges too becaue im making a chess level with switches (not sure if poss because im recently a bit stuck wiht it but hey i try //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile ) and for sure it doesnt have to look liek the same because maby you don tlike a square switch that when touched clors it center but atleast add the concept of hitting a block to open  doors and hitting again tto close and maby the reeboot allows more rhen 1K posisble ids and it would be ncie havign them the same block id as its easier to carry these wordls over so the numbers on the switches could stay same

You could add the orange switches too, because I'm making a chess level with switches. Tho i am not sure if it's possible, because I'm recently a bit stuck with it, but hey! I'll try atleast //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile. And for sure, it doesnt have to look the same because maybe you dont like the look of a square switch which center gets filled when touched. But atleast add the concept of hitting a switch and due to that it opens and closes doors. Maybe the reboot will allow more than 1000 possible ID's and it would be nice to have them as same block ID, that would make it easier to carry old EE worlds over to the rEEboot, so the switches would stay the same.

...sorry for my bad english it's not my first language haha

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

drunkbnu1542224426731917

Board footer